What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preliminary '06 Rankings (1 Viewer)

Rudi will likely end the season with over 1,500 yards and over 12 TD's.  Excluding him for a guy like Steven Jackson is crazy.
Yeah...I'm beginning to rethink my Rudi position after taking a more detailed look at his stats. He really did finish quite strong. This was a first run so I'll be tweaking over the next 7 months.
I think Rudi has to be a top 10 selection next year. He will have two straight 1400 & 12td seasons. Not many rb's have done this the last two years. And there are a lot of quesiton marks on all but the top 5 rb's to have them higher than Rudi. I hope most people think like this list and take Jackson, Westbrook, Dunn, Parker, Cadillac, etc. higher than Rudi. Rudi isn't a sexy pick, but he gets it done and gets better as the season wears down.
1400 yards...you can get comparable numbers in the RB#20 range. It's the age old argument, low reward/low risk vs. high reward/high risk(Julius Jones)

Because you can platoon RBs in most 12 man leagues I usually take some risk in re-drafts.
Only 6 rb's have over 1400 yards right now. Not sure how 1400 yards = RB #20 range. Also, only 8 rb's have over 10 tds. Rudi is still underrated.

Only 6 rb's have over 1400 yards right now. Not sure how 1400 yards = RB #20 range. Also, only 8 rb's have over 10 tds. Rudi is still underrated.
I was speaking in terms of total yards. Which is all that really matters.

i can understand the injury concern that comes w/ boldin but i still like him more than larry. boldin is a targets machine and his yac are scary...
My concern is that the AZ offense actually lessens the pass attempts. Don't get me wrong the kid is a freak. I pimped Boldin as much as anybody in the preseason. He will most likely get 100 receptions for the second time in his first three years as a pro...obviously a great talent.
Notably, during his second season, when he only played half the year, he had roughly 50 catches coming right off injury. Based on what we know, he is essentially good for 100 catches every year as a pro. And when you consider his high YAC, no way I am ever ranking him outside the top 10 unless there is some dramatic change there.

Also, I'd be curious to hear your thinking on Willie Parker.If you are putting him in the top-10, I am guessing your assumption is that he will continue to hold onto the starting job there and that they will increase his workload (perhaps you are assuming the Bus retires and TDs increase as well?). I'm also guessing you assume they do not draft a RB in the first round (as some here have been projecting.)

Also, I'd be curious to hear your thinking on Willie Parker.

If you are putting him in the top-10, I am guessing your assumption is that he will continue to hold onto the starting job there and that they will increase his workload (perhaps you are assuming the Bus retires and TDs increase as well?). I'm also guessing you assume they do not draft a RB in the first round (as some here have been projecting.)
Yes, I'm assuming they don't draft a RB and I'm further assuming that Willie will be the primary ball carrier for the year. I'll have to take another look at this ranking though, putting him ahead of other proven vets like Dillon, Dunn, CuMar, Rudi etc. is tough to do.

no mention of Chris Brown? :popcorn:
No. Although I was surprised to see Brown take on as many carries as he did this year. Anybody that can carry the ball 224 times in the NFL is a tough SOB...no matter how you slice it.

Users who are viewing this thread