What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pro Bowl Smack Talk (1 Viewer)

Bankerguy

Footballguy
Chad was doing his schtick and doing some interviews.....he is his exchange with Roy. This was on the NFL Network.

CJ= "How are you going to deal with 85 this week?"

RW= "Um, who is 85, what team does he play for?"

CJ= "How are you going to deal with it?" (2nd time)

RW= "I dont know, how is he going to deal with coming across the middle?...because he dont like them inside routes"

CJ= "Basically he dont know what he's talking about, because I make my living coming across the middle, I was born across the middle" (Then CJ tries to leave Roy, but Roy cuts him off and forces CJ to continue with the interview)

Roy then congratulates CJ on the success of their season, and then says..

RW= "Boy you do a lot of talking man"

CJ= "I do a lot of talking?"

RW= "I love when you back it up, but theres this one particular game, I was really looking forward for you to do something man, it just didnt happen..." "...I wanted to see you do a touchdown dance, I knew you was going to give me one, (deep sarcastic sigh and a smirk to CJ)..sorry man"

CJ= "Its unfortunate I didnt get to celebrate in the steeler game, thats what your talking about, right?"

RW= "Most definitely"

CJ= "I will continue my celebrations this Sunday, probably its going to be on you"

RW= "Oh really?"

CJ= "Its probably going to be on you, and it is what it is"

RW= "I'll give you my pro bowl check"

CJ= (CJ turns to the camera and addresses Rich Eisen) "Rich did you all hear that?"

RW= "I will give you my pro bowl check"

CJ= "I will get his pro bowl check if I celebrate on him, if I score its going to be because of him anyways"

RW= "If you score on me"

CJ= "It's going to happen, I'm going to make it happen"

RW= "It is what it is" (Then Roy had to leave for the field)

CJ= "You know what they cant be serious, he cant be serious about what he said".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pesonally, I enjoy CJ, but I hope Roy gets to meet him over the middle just once.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy the probowl....and i like this bet alot. Its not much money for these guys. Its like you and I making a $100 bet.

I wonder if the announcers will mention the bet during the game.

Oh now I have to tune in. :rolleyes:
I know it's not cool to like the Pro Bowl, but what else are you going to watch? Bowling or maybe Deperate Housewives.
Did you know that if you push the button that turned your TV on when you bought it, it will turn the TV off? It's true.

I hope Roy doesn't think he can cover Chad deep, because he couldn't catch up to freaking Matt Schobel when we played them. Roy is a deep linebacker, that's about it.

I hope Roy doesn't think he can cover Chad deep, because he couldn't catch up to freaking Matt Schobel when we played them. Roy is a deep linebacker, that's about it.
Yeah, Roy's cheque is probably safe. He won't ever be covering Chad.

I hope Roy doesn't think he can cover Chad deep, because he couldn't catch up to freaking Matt Schobel when we played them.  Roy is a deep linebacker, that's about it.
Yeah, Roy's cheque is probably safe. He won't ever be covering Chad.
True, this may come down to if Chad scores or not.

That's great. All CJ (and the Bengals) need is for CJ's mouth to inspire a probowl safety to kill him if he goes across the middle in a meaningless game, one that defenders rarely even look to make a serious tackle in.

I suspect the NFL will have something to say to Roy on this one . . .

An NFL player gambling on the an NFL game is frowned upon, even if it is the Pro Bowl, and I'll bet the fact he went public with his comments will cost him his game check and maybe more . . . the NFL can't afford for the network to pick up this story and run with it - unless they are somehow convinced it was all just trash talk.

with no blitzing and pro bowl rules - this could be a bad move for roy williams - he should have just said the name santana moss to roy - who single handedly beat them!

An NFL player gambling on the an NFL game is frowned upon, even if it is the Pro Bowl, and I'll bet the fact he went public with his comments will cost him his game check and maybe more . . . the NFL can't afford for the network to pick up this story and run with it - unless they are somehow convinced it was all just trash talk.
I get what you are saying, but after reviewing it .....it's not really a bet. Roy just said if you score on me I'll give you my check. Chad is not required to give up his if he doesn't.I don't see anything wrong with that.

I get what you are saying, but after reviewing it .....it's not really a bet. Roy just said if you score on me I'll give you my check. Chad is not required to give up his if he doesn't.I don't see anything wrong with that.
I'm really not trying to sound like an ###, but how is that not a bet??

I'm not trying to be an ### either. For it to be a bet...wouldn't Chad have to give something up if he lost? That is not part of what was said.

To me it's a challenge from Roy (Rightly or wrongly). He is so confident Chad won't score on him that he'll give up his check if he can.

Users who are viewing this thread