What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pro Day Thread (1 Viewer)

jurb26

Footballguy
Isn't there normally a pro day thread that gets pinned around here. Maybe it doesn't get pinned but just stays at the top of page one because it's updated enough. Well, I didn't see one so I figure I may as well start one. If it's around feel free to delete. If not, please update here.

Thanks.

I think Ka' Carey had his pro day yesterday. Don't recall the particulars, but it was mostly in line with his combine.

Wyoming pro day tomorrow. Finally Brett Smith has an opportunity to show off his talents. He was denied entry into the combine.

Wyoming pro day tomorrow. Finally Brett Smith has an opportunity to show off his talents. He was denied entry into the combine.
Very respectable numbers from Brett Smith today. Measured in at 6016 207, 10 inch hands. 4.51 official 40 time. Albeit it seem like a fast track with Herron running a 4.29.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very respectable numbers from Brett Smith today. Measured in at 6016 207, 10 inch hands. 4.51 official 40 time. Albeit it seem like a fast track with Hurron running a 4.29.
Also had 10'8" Broad Jump.
For someone that was supposed to be a "poorman's" Manziel dam.

Very respectable numbers from Brett Smith today. Measured in at 6016 207, 10 inch hands. 4.51 official 40 time. Albeit it seem like a fast track with Hurron running a 4.29.
Also had 10'8" Broad Jump.
For someone that was supposed to be a "poorman's" Manziel dam.
Also benched 18 reps.

Here is he deadlifting 450+: http://instagram.com/p/j2xq44laTe/#

@Dbrugler:
Teddy Bridgewater weighing 208 today shouldn't be a surprise. His playing weight will probably always be in 205-212 range. That's who he is

Chris Boyd Pro Day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ga6b6VNk0

Said to have run 4.6's: http://www.dnj.com/article/20140321/SPORTS/303210040

https://twitter.com/jefflockridge/status/447091033319694336

Former @VandyFootball WR Chris Boyd goes 9'7" and 9'8" in broad jump. Gets 33.5" in the vertical
https://twitter.com/jefflockridge/status/447086129452699648

Former @VandyFootball WR Chris Boyd runs low 4.6s on both 40s at personal workout. Scouts said 4.63 & 4.62. Was 4.73 at NFL combine

Bennie Fowler reportedly ran a 4.38. I have him at 4.37. Legit.
So, a 4.52 at the combine and 4.37 at his pro day?
Yup. If there are skeptics, I can make a video.
That's a huge spread. Everyone should be skeptical. I couldn't find a video of his 40 other than one of him running straight at us, which was very hard to determine where the finish line was. Did you find a better one where you could apply your frame counting method?

That's a huge spread. Everyone should be skeptical. I couldn't find a video of his 40 other than one of him running straight at us, which was very hard to determine where the finish line was. Did you find a better one where you could apply your frame counting method?
I've got one video with a slight angle where I feel confident in identifying the finish. Even if I'm off by one frame, it would put him at 4.40 at worst. As I've said before, the 10-yard can make or break the overall 40. He looked to have a much better start and better form overall. He put up a 36" vertical and 10'6" broad jump, so there's definitely juice in those legs.

Xue said:
I've got one video with a slight angle where I feel confident in identifying the finish. Even if I'm off by one frame, it would put him at 4.40 at worst. As I've said before, the 10-yard can make or break the overall 40. He looked to have a much better start and better form overall. He put up a 36" vertical and 10'6" broad jump, so there's definitely juice in those legs.
I just measured his 40 from the Combine. I have him at 4.45. So .05 to .08 isn't much difference. A slightly better 10-yard can do the trick just like it did for De'Anthony Thomas.

Robert Godhigh reportedly ran 4.39 at his Pro Day: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ex-yellow-jacket-attaochu-hamstring-fully-healed

I know ZWK is a fan of his. Reminds me a bit of Dennis Johnson and Antone Smith.
Godhigh said he didn't ask scouts for his time in the 40, but Watts was pleased to announce that he ran between 4.38 and 4.39 seconds to meet his personal goal.
Did Godhigh run a 4.39 or did Brandon Watts?

If Godhigh did run a sub-4.45, then I think he'd pass Dri Archer as "player who I'd be most excited to see go to the Saints." Godhigh looks shifty in the limited video I've seen, seems to have better hands than Archer, and put up ridiculously good numbers at Georgia Tech both running & receiving (although his predecessor Orwin Smith did too).

Robert Godhigh reportedly ran 4.39 at his Pro Day: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ex-yellow-jacket-attaochu-hamstring-fully-healed

I know ZWK is a fan of his. Reminds me a bit of Dennis Johnson and Antone Smith.
Godhigh said he didn't ask scouts for his time in the 40, but Watts was pleased to announce that he ran between 4.38 and 4.39 seconds to meet his personal goal.
Did Godhigh run a 4.39 or did Brandon Watts?

If Godhigh did run a sub-4.45, then I think he'd pass Dri Archer as "player who I'd be most excited to see go to the Saints." Godhigh looks shifty in the limited video I've seen, seems to have better hands than Archer, and put up ridiculously good numbers at Georgia Tech both running & receiving (although his predecessor Orwin Smith did too).
Sorry read it too fast. I think he should be at 4.50 guy at worst. I'm keeping my eyes out on footage to confirm.

Finally got a video of Lache Seastrunk's Pro Day 40. I have his best time as follows:

10-yard: 1.53

20-yard: 2.54

40-yard: 4.40

That 10-yard split is just sick.

Wow! I'll have to check out more of Seastrunks film. He didnt look that fast in game to me.

Finally got a video of Lache Seastrunk's Pro Day 40. I have his best time as follows:

Wow! I'll have to check out more of Seastrunks film. He didnt look that fast in game to me.

Really? Lots of people were surprised at how slow his combine 40 was, in relation to his tape and expected numbers.

For those not watching the Clowney Pro Day live. He just did something that has never been done before. Jumping over 7 bags, flat footed, and picking up tennis balls. It looked easy for him, too.

It gave everyone in the crowd a stiffy.

Mayock is drooling, as are all the coaches. The word of the day is "crazy." What he's doing is just crazy.

I'd have to agree. What this guy is doing out there is unreal. He looks like a WR moving around.

Clowney is in the best shape of anyone there. It was reported that he would need to be in shape for this... He is.

wdcrob said:
Xue said:
Curious what you have his 40 at?

Also, what's the story with this guy? Incredible measurables and strong efficiency stats, but they never really made him a true bell cow type back. It's one thing if that happens at Alabama, but this is Indiana.
Here's the splits I have:

10: 1.63

20: 2.64

40: 4.50

I'm not sure on the story behind the limited playing time.

Indiana also has Tevin Coleman, who had a fairly monstrous sophomore season last year with 958 rushing yards on just 131 carries (7.3 YPC).

Users who are viewing this thread