What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PSA: Drake will be the next big, POPULAR rapper. (1 Viewer)

I don't think his album reached up to the hype. I haven't listened to it too much but I'm not hearing anything that I want to listen to over & over. Then again, he is kind of a R&B guy so he should sell well to the ladies. With so many rap artist dropping in the next few months it's going ot be hard for Drake to keep getting radio play time. btw, the new Big Boi single is pretty darn catchy. :confused:
I just got my first listen of the Drake. i have to agree. Not really my cup of tea. a bit disappointing actually considering i really liked his first mixtape. Now yall want to talk about a new artist with a bright future, check out B.O.B.'s album "The Adventures of Bobby Ray." I really like that album!

And soon after fizzle out like all before him. All the while rock & roll continues on.
Hate to break it to you, but hip hop/rap/R&B is a lot more popular these days than rock and roll.
So was Disco for a while. Thus, the implication that it's just another fad that will fizzle out.
Really? Disco is your comparison?Hip hop/rap/R&B has been around for over 25 years (if you are just looking at the stuff going back to the 80's) and has been popular the whole time. I wouldn't say that disco had anywhere near the sustained popularity that hip hop has or had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this album is absolutely horrible. Not that I thought it would be phenomenal or something but I still figured it would get a few spins on my iPod. Its so bad I dont think its even worth the space.

I don't think his album reached up to the hype. I haven't listened to it too much but I'm not hearing anything that I want to listen to over & over. Then again, he is kind of a R&B guy so he should sell well to the ladies. With so many rap artist dropping in the next few months it's going ot be hard for Drake to keep getting radio play time. btw, the new Big Boi single is pretty darn catchy. :lmao:
I just got my first listen of the Drake. i have to agree. Not really my cup of tea. a bit disappointing actually considering i really liked his first mixtape. Now yall want to talk about a new artist with a bright future, check out B.O.B.'s album "The Adventures of Bobby Ray." I really like that album!
good album but not exactly someone I would call a good lyricist. Kind of reminds me of Lupe Fiasco without the lyrical skills.

I don't think his album reached up to the hype. I haven't listened to it too much but I'm not hearing anything that I want to listen to over & over. Then again, he is kind of a R&B guy so he should sell well to the ladies. With so many rap artist dropping in the next few months it's going ot be hard for Drake to keep getting radio play time.

btw, the new Big Boi single is pretty darn catchy. :lmao:
Are you talking about Shutterbug?I agree.
Yeah, Shutterbug
Meh I dont like songs by mutes

Kirko Bangz ‏@KiirkoBangzDrake looks like the kind of dude who would give a stripper a folded $20 bill with a note inside that reads "you don't have to do this.."

And soon after fizzle out like all before him. All the while rock & roll continues on.
Hate to break it to you, but hip hop/rap/R&B is a lot more popular these days than rock and roll.
So was Disco for a while. Thus, the implication that it's just another fad that will fizzle out.
Only by low IQ mongoloids.
You're the man !!
:lmao: @ the old people getting all angry.

So was OP right or wrong? I know what a Kanye is, and I don't know what a Drake is, so I'm assuming he was wrong, but I want to confirm before I commence ridicule.

So was OP right or wrong? I know what a Kanye is, and I don't know what a Drake is, so I'm assuming he was wrong, but I want to confirm before I commence ridicule.
Drake is definitely one of the more famous/popular rappers out right now. Hes not on the level of Kanye and I doubt he'll ever get there. OP was right (that being said it wasnt much of a gutsy call. Drake was all over radio stations when he debuted in 2009).

Then you pay no attention to current popular music nor are around young people. Drake is huge.That is on no way meant as an insult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Ghostface doesn't seem to be a fan:

Aka the Ryan Seacrest of rap. Son is the safest n#### on earth. This the type a n#### that old rich white men try to set up wit they daughters n s###. This n#### wasnt born yo....he was blossomed. When he aint startin pillow fights on tour n pollinatin flowers n s### son stays spittin wit that tenderized Stephen Hawking voice. The n####s heart got a ponytail. Son could probably make you any origami animal you ask him to namsayin. He the type a n#### to sprinkle rose pedals on his bed before he go to sleep n s###. Son could probably frost a cake usin his eyes nahmean. This n####s moms n pops basically got Rick Rolled when the doctor said "Its a boy!" But it aint like Tone wanna see the n#### get torn to pieces by a pack a wolves n s###. If I seen him would the god wanna beat the garnier fructis outta him? I dont kno b.

Aka the Ryan Seacrest of rap. Son is the safest n#### on earth. This the type a n#### that old rich white men try to set up wit they daughters n s###. This n#### wasnt born yo....he was blossomed. When he aint startin pillow fights on tour n pollinatin flowers n s### son stays spittin wit that tenderized Stephen Hawking voice. The n####s heart got a ponytail. Son could probably make you any origami animal you ask him to namsayin. He the type a n#### to sprinkle rose pedals on his bed before he go to sleep n s###. Son could probably frost a cake usin his eyes nahmean. This n####s moms n pops basically got Rick Rolled when the doctor said "Its a boy!" But it aint like Tone wanna see the n#### get torn to pieces by a pack a wolves n s###. If I seen him would the god wanna beat the garnier fructis outta him? I dont kno b.
Yeah, humanity will be just fine. :mellow:

I think he's trying to insult Drake here, but I can't be sure. Is there an English translation for this?

lolBeat the Garnier Fructis out of him. :lmao:

Ghostface is the man. My brother saw him working out in a local gym over here. He approached him and told him he was a huge fan and has all his music. Ghostface responded "Mad respect" and gave him a fist pound. :lmao:

:lmao: Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread