What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Chad ‘Swag’ Kelly, Colts (1 Viewer)

Should have named swag qb of the next decade. Clear draft bias 

Lindsay looked good running with the 1s last night. Must be a short bench if that's the end

Did Booker start and get starter reps?  I rest my case.  But if you keep trying to stick up with the overt stupidity you’re going to start getting associated with it.

Did Booker start and get starter reps?  I rest my case.  But if you keep trying to stick up with the overt stupidity you’re going to start getting associated with it.
Booker started and rotated with Freeman and Lindsay. I didn't even mention Booker in my post. We were talking about Lindsay being buried on the bench, right? He wasn't buried. You guys are overreacting to preseason week2 and coach speak. I've already posted the numerous udfas who have surpassed high draft picks and Lindsay and swag are climbing the rungs as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Booker started and rotated with Freeman and Lindsay. I didn't even mention Booker in my post. We were talking about Lindsay being buried on the bench, right? He wasn't buried. You guys are overreacting to preseason week2 and coach speak. I've already posted the numerous udfas who have surpassed high draft picks and Lindsay and swag are climbing the rungs as well. 

Why am I bringing up Booker?  Did you read my post?  Booker is the 2nd least productive starting RB in the NFL (assuming Kerryon Johnson can manage a 3.6 ypc give or take) and has shown nothing on the field to justify his place on the depth chart for the past 2+ seasons, yet there he is at the top of the depth chart and burning up starters time in practice and games.  And this is for a team that allegedly wants to be a leading rushing team in the NFL and let the ground game set the table for the offense.  It’s a perfect example of the whole point of my post.

Booker stinks. We agree. Thats why I didn't mention booker. I disagreed  with your point that Lindsay  is on the end of the bench. He has been getting action with starters for the past 3 weeks. And imo swag is not a victim of draft bias.

I think you are overreacting to preseason. Freeman will surpass Booker just like udfa cj Anderson did. If you theory of draft bias was a real thing in Denver then Freeman, being the higher draft pick,would have already been gifted the starting gig over Booker. Lindsay has already carved out a role on the o that I'm will only grow, at Booker's expense. That lindsay hasn't surpassed Booker in 2 weeks is no surprise. My prediction is Lindsay will continue to ball out and will be the primary 3rd down rb with Freeman as the starter by end of season. But it's not unheard of for an NFL offense to hesitate starting 2 rookies at rb to begin the year.

So all sarcasm aside,I think you and Dan are wrong on Denver giving unreasonable preferential treatment to high draft picks for the myriad reasons I posted. I think the point of these threads is to help give insight to folks who might want to invest a dynasty spot on these players. I think insinuating Lynch has even a modicum of a chance at the 2 or that Lindsay is buried is misleading.

Chad Kelly has the potential to be the starting QB this year. If so, a steal of a 7th rounder that neutralizes the bust of Lynch. There was no reason for Kelly to fall to the last pick of the draft except complete incompetence of scouting and GMs in the NFL. In time, he will turn out to be better that Case.

Lynch is garbage.

Good lord.  Miss on a first rounder, but nailed it in the 7th.  
Well, if I recall that 7th rounder was rated out with the top QBs for a long time. It was his off-the-field stuff that caused him to drop so far.

I know I was hoping the Bills would have taken a mid-to-late round flyer on him that year, hoping that him coming to Buffalo would be a sure fire way of getting his head on straight.

Kelly is definitely is one of my deep sleepers and I love everything I heard about him prior to preseason games.  Now he has been impressive in his preseason debut this year (he was essentially redshirted last year to amend his injury).  It's great to hear that he heeded his godfather / uncle Jim Kelly's advice to listen and buy everything at Broncos (and especially John Elway).  If Case Keenum goes down, I think Broncos should be in good hands with Kelly as long as he manages the game, allowing Broncos' rushing offense and defense do the work.  

On the side note: Matt Waldman is firm believer in Kelly

Well, if I recall that 7th rounder was rated out with the top QBs for a long time. It was his off-the-field stuff that caused him to drop so far.

I know I was hoping the Bills would have taken a mid-to-late round flyer on him that year, hoping that him coming to Buffalo would be a sure fire way of getting his head on straight.
I know it's the Browns but they took Callaway in the 3rd. In a QB starved league allowing a talent of the level of Kelly to fall to the last pick is embarrassing. Can't imaging that Kelly has even close to the baggage of Callaway.

If I had room in Dynasty, I would roster Kelly immediately. If you are allowed to keep extra QB's or even players at all, this guy should be stashed.

Kelly is definitely is one of my deep sleepers and I love everything I heard about him prior to preseason games.  Now he has been impressive in his preseason debut this year (he was essentially redshirted last year to amend his injury).  It's great to hear that he heeded his godfather / uncle Jim Kelly's advice to listen and buy everything at Broncos (and especially John Elway).  If Case Keenum goes down, I think Broncos should be in good hands with Kelly as long as he manages the game, allowing Broncos' rushing offense and defense do the work.  
If Keenum goes down, I don't think we see him again. He gets the Wally Pipp treatment.

Kelly isn't your average 7th round pick, especially at QB. I typically don't even look at QBs taken after day-2 (as far as my rookie drafts), but Kelly was an exception.

Talent-wise, Kelly is a borderline 1st round pick. I realize he did some dumb things, but I remain amazed at NFL front offices in general. They take chances on character all the time (at much higher than a 7th round price tag), yet at the most critical position in the sport, teams let Kelly slide to the 7th.

What was Buffalo thinking in 2017? Why wouldn't they take a chance on Jim Kelly's nephew given his raw skills? Jim vouched for Chad to Elway so I'm sure he would've done the same if the Bills had asked (if they didn't).

Kelly isn't your typical 7th round pick, especially at QB. I typically don't even look at QBs taken after day-2 (as far as my rookie drafts), but Kelly was an exception.

Talent-wise, Kelly is a borderline 1st round pick. I realize he did some dumb things, but I remain amazed at NFL front offices in general. They take chances on character all the time (at much higher than a 7th round price), yet at the most critical position in the sport, teams let Kelly slide to the 7th.

What was Buffalo thinking in 2017? Why wouldn't they take a chance on Jim Kelly's nephew given his raw skills? Jim vouched for Chad to Elway so I'm sure he would've done the same if the Bills had asked (if they didn't).
Buffalo was the town where some of Kelly's shenanigans went down.  Maybe the brass knew that drafting him wouldn't play so well... or at the very least would be a BIG distraction.

Buffalo was the town where some of Kelly's shenanigans went down.  Maybe the brass knew that drafting him wouldn't play so well... or at the very least would be a BIG distraction.
I wasn't aware it was in Buffalo.

That definitely could've played into their decision, but people will forgive if the talent is there. The Bills were one of the teams I figured would take a chance on Kelly. Once it got out of day-2 & into the 4th, I was thinking the Bills would surely gamble, especially with Jim's blessing (which he gave to Elway).

Kelly went MUCH later than I thought.

My thoughts on Kelly so far:

I like him better than any QB drafted this year, and he may very well be the best QB in last year's draft.  Though we will need a few years to see how this all plays out.

It's amazing how injuries and off the field issues have affected him.  Though right now, I'm ecstatic that the Broncos were able to nab him.

Buffalo resident here. 

I work with someone who went to school with Kelly (high school; St. Joe's; Catholic School in North Buffalo) 

Million dollar talent. Ten cent head. Maybe he's matured after all his idiocy. Has arm for days. But he's a wannabe thug. Hopefully he's learned the error of his ways. Cuz he looked good at Ole Miss. The fact that Mr Irrelevant is still on the roster says something. 

Chad Kelly has the potential to be the starting QB this year. If so, a steal of a 7th rounder that neutralizes the bust of Lynch. There was no reason for Kelly to fall to the last pick of the draft except complete incompetence of scouting and GMs in the NFL. In time, he will turn out to be better that Case.

Lynch is garbage.
This is Keenum's team.  Kelly hasn't shown anything that would suggest he will supplant Keenum as the starter.  He could be the future of the franchise, but this is his first training camp.  If Lynch is cut, there's already talk of signing a Vet to backup Keenum or possibly trading for one.

This is Keenum's team.  Kelly hasn't shown anything that would suggest he will supplant Keenum as the starter.  He could be the future of the franchise, but this is his first training camp.  If Lynch is cut, there's already talk of signing a Vet to backup Keenum or possibly trading for one.
What has Keenum shown so far?

Small sample size, but if we are going to judge Kelly on his 2 preseason games then we should be able to judge Keenum. which QB has played better so far: 
QB A: 21/30. 267, 3 TD, 1 INT, 116.9 rating
QB B: 9/17, 83 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 66.5 rating

Furthermore, take Keenum away from the MIN offensive line and his stats prior to joining MIN were not that great either. 

What's interesting is Keenums completion percentage and QB rating are closer to his days in HOU and LAR than it is to his time with MIN, suggesting that it was more the team that lifted up a bad QB. 

IMO you have it backwards, Keenum has shown nothing that he deserves to be the starter so far. I admit, it's a small sample size, but so far it has been more pre 2017 than 2017 Keenum. I'm not saying bench Keenum, it's his team at this point, but it has to be concerning that Keenum is playing like he did in HOU rather than in MIN so far. Hopefully he turns that around for the regular season. 

With regards to the second bolded, all I can find is speculation that Denver will add someone, and Elway saying "we are evaluating that." Granted, it's not Elway shutting the door on the possibility but it's not him saying yes we are going that route. 

If they do sign a vet, or trade for one, that QB has a large learning curve. We saw Sammy Watkins struggle for 2017 when he was traded to LAR right before week 1, what can we expect from a QB? 

Needless to say, if Kelly keeps playing at such a level as he has, they won't need to go out and sign a QB2. 

What has Keenum shown so far?

Small sample size, but if we are going to judge Kelly on his 2 preseason games then we should be able to judge Keenum. which QB has played better so far: 
QB A: 21/30. 267, 3 TD, 1 INT, 116.9 rating
QB B: 9/17, 83 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 66.5 rating

Furthermore, take Keenum away from the MIN offensive line and his stats prior to joining MIN were not that great either. 

What's interesting is Keenums completion percentage and QB rating are closer to his days in HOU and LAR than it is to his time with MIN, suggesting that it was more the team that lifted up a bad QB. 

IMO you have it backwards, Keenum has shown nothing that he deserves to be the starter so far. I admit, it's a small sample size, but so far it has been more pre 2017 than 2017 Keenum. I'm not saying bench Keenum, it's his team at this point, but it has to be concerning that Keenum is playing like he did in HOU rather than in MIN so far. Hopefully he turns that around for the regular season. 

With regards to the second bolded, all I can find is speculation that Denver will add someone, and Elway saying "we are evaluating that." Granted, it's not Elway shutting the door on the possibility but it's not him saying yes we are going that route. 

If they do sign a vet, or trade for one, that QB has a large learning curve. We saw Sammy Watkins struggle for 2017 when he was traded to LAR right before week 1, what can we expect from a QB? 

Needless to say, if Kelly keeps playing at such a level as he has, they won't need to go out and sign a QB2. 
Keenum has shown a lot in practices.  There is no question he is the best QB on the team.  Kelly is certainly improving but he's essentially a rookie.  He is making rookie mistakes in camp, but is showing up well in games so good for him.

As far as Elway talking about bringing in another QB - that's more about Lynch than Keenum or Kelly.  I don't think Elway is ready for Kelly to be a sprained ankle away from being the starter.

Buffalo resident here. 

I work with someone who went to school with Kelly (high school; St. Joe's; Catholic School in North Buffalo) 

Million dollar talent. Ten cent head. Maybe he's matured after all his idiocy. Has arm for days. But he's a wannabe thug. Hopefully he's learned the error of his ways. Cuz he looked good at Ole Miss. The fact that Mr Irrelevant is still on the roster says something. 
And moving up the depth chart, no less.

molecule hit the nail on the head.  I'm not trying to assert some pretentious opinion.  I'm going by what the coaches are saying and the talk show hosts are talking about here in Denver.  They aren't ready to put Kelly in the position to win a couple games in Keenum goes down......plain and simple.  That could change, but Kelly isn't going to be the starter anytime soon.  Preseason snaps don't mean anything.

Kelly isn't your average 7th round pick, especially at QB. I typically don't even look at QBs taken after day-2 (as far as my rookie drafts), but Kelly was an exception.

Talent-wise, Kelly is a borderline 1st round pick. I realize he did some dumb things, but I remain amazed at NFL front offices in general. They take chances on character all the time (at much higher than a 7th round price tag), yet at the most critical position in the sport, teams let Kelly slide to the 7th.

This seems to be a popular view/narrative, and I'm sure one of the reasons that people are hyping him up - for him to play well feeds into a sleeper confirmation bias for people who were saying last year to stash this guy or keep an eye on him. The fact is he had a lot of red flags both on the field and off. Borderline first round pick? Personally I don't think so - maybe a 3rd-4th rounder at best if you are just looking at raw (very raw) talent. But there's more to being a QB than that. 

I have nothing against Kelly, but I think it's interesting to compare his situation with that of Kyle Sloter last preseason - Sloter was incredible for the Broncos this time last year as a UDFA, more impressive than Kelly in my eyes in terms of being an all around high-level QB prospect, and the fans wanted him on the team. However, Elway hilariously cut him because he didn't want to admit Lynch was a bust, and he wanted to bring in a backup with more experience - which ended up being Brock Osweiler (LOL). 

Now Sloter is buried on the Vikings, which is a shame, because he's a really talented player. My point is that, while there was some local excitement about Sloter for a period, he got no broader hype, I think because he was a UDFA and so we are meant to assume he isn't good and has no hope (generally this is true I'll admit). Kelly shouldn't have any hype really as a QB taken the last pick of the draft either but he's an accepted sleeper and there is an established narrative that he's really talented, and there's the Jim Kelly thing which is also a convenient narrative to latch on to. I don't say this as a knock on Kelly - he does have some talent - I just find it interesting how Twitter echo chambers, the media and fantasy hype shape fan perceptions on players. Kelly is now a popular sleeper and in some quarters being anointed as the Broncos future starter - meanwhile Sloter, who was every bit as impressive as Kelly last offseason - never really stood a chance. 

RushHour said:
This seems to be a popular view/narrative, and I'm sure one of the reasons that people are hyping him up - for him to play well feeds into a sleeper confirmation bias for people who were saying last year to stash this guy or keep an eye on him. The fact is he had a lot of red flags both on the field and off. Borderline first round pick? Personally I don't think so - maybe a 3rd-4th rounder at best if you are just looking at raw (very raw) talent. But there's more to being a QB than that. 

I have nothing against Kelly, but I think it's interesting to compare his situation with that of Kyle Sloter last preseason - Sloter was incredible for the Broncos this time last year as a UDFA, more impressive than Kelly in my eyes in terms of being an all around high-level QB prospect, and the fans wanted him on the team. However, Elway hilariously cut him because he didn't want to admit Lynch was a bust, and he wanted to bring in a backup with more experience - which ended up being Brock Osweiler (LOL). 

Now Sloter is buried on the Vikings, which is a shame, because he's a really talented player. My point is that, while there was some local excitement about Sloter for a period, he got no broader hype, I think because he was a UDFA and so we are meant to assume he isn't good and has no hope (generally this is true I'll admit). Kelly shouldn't have any hype really as a QB taken the last pick of the draft either but he's an accepted sleeper and there is an established narrative that he's really talented, and there's the Jim Kelly thing which is also a convenient narrative to latch on to. I don't say this as a knock on Kelly - he does have some talent - I just find it interesting how Twitter echo chambers, the media and fantasy hype shape fan perceptions on players. Kelly is now a popular sleeper and in some quarters being anointed as the Broncos future starter - meanwhile Sloter, who was every bit as impressive as Kelly last offseason - never really stood a chance. 
I think Kelly’s bad boy image also has a bit to do with it as it makes it a more entertaining story. Also the fact that he was Mr. Irrelevant doesn’t hurt the churpers. 

RushHour said:
This seems to be a popular view/narrative, and I'm sure one of the reasons that people are hyping him up - for him to play well feeds into a sleeper confirmation bias for people who were saying last year to stash this guy or keep an eye on him.
This isn't true for me at all. I took over an orphan dynasty team that had Kelly on the roster. I remember thinking, no wonder this guy's team sucks he's got a 3rd string QB on his roster. I cut to make room for draft picks. My first dynasty team so I'm playing catch up on the learning curve. After trading all summer, I was short a QB for depth. I started to look over the scrap heap. Kelly gets picked up and dropped again, lucky for me, so I pounce. After reading about Kelly I really liked what I saw and felt like the maturity issues seemed to be behind him.

I don't care if hyping him fits a narrative or it's "trendy" to like Kelly. It certainly doesn't matter to me if it means anyone is "right" for saying to stash him last year.  He's showing he has what it takes to be an NFL QB. He's on a team with a QB with 1 good season behind one of the best OLs in football, and prior to that showed he was nothing more than a backup talent. Denver can save 11 million dollars next year by cutting Keenum. If Kelly continues to grow at the pace he has, then he stands to have a significant chance to make that happen.

People are drafting rookie QBs with less upside and/or an even worse path to starting. 

At least Two QB/Flex guys may want to stay abreast of this situation...

" Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey

Chad Kelly out here leading first team offense. #Broncos @1043TheFan "

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/1042479070238240768
Zac Stevens

@ZacStevensBSN

·

32m

Case Keenum is not practicing due to knee soreness from Sunday’s game against the Raiders. He is expected to be back to practice tomorrow. Keenum is not outside at practice, either. Just Chad Kelly and Kevin Hogan at practice for the QBs today.

Pretty sure when he gets in and gets his feet wet, Case Keenum will be watching or on another team. Dude is a legit talent and I can't wait for him to get in and toss it to my guy Sutton.

https://youtu.be/9vQaVIoEjOM

Still Keenum's team.  There's a reason they didn't go into the season with 2 QB's.  They definitely want him to be the future.  The only one's that believe the future is now is a couple on these boards.  He's got a long way to go.

Still Keenum's team.  There's a reason they didn't go into the season with 2 QB's.  They definitely want him to be the future.  The only one's that believe the future is now is a couple on these boards.  He's got a long way to go.
I agree that if Keenum is healthy he's the guy, but Denver is winning despite him at this point. 73 rating, 59% comp, 3TD and 4INTs isn't going to keep a rent-a-QB on the field if they start losing games. I'm a Kelly fan. He could flame out, but I'm interested to see what he can do at this level. At some point Denver will need to find out if he's the future or not like they did with Lynch. I'm rooting for the guy.

I agree that if Keenum is healthy he's the guy, but Denver is winning despite him at this point. 73 rating, 59% comp, 3TD and 4INTs isn't going to keep a rent-a-QB on the field if they start losing games. I'm a Kelly fan. He could flame out, but I'm interested to see what he can do at this level. At some point Denver will need to find out if he's the future or not like they did with Lynch. I'm rooting for the guy.
I'm no Denver fan, and I have no horse in this race.  I live in Denver and I'm just relaying everything that's being said locally.  They want Kelly to succeed and hope he is the future guy.  There is no confidence in that at this point, and isn't likely to happen in the near future.  I'm just bringing logic to the table here and not basing opinions on my dynasty roster.

I agree with this. I don't think anyone ever thought Kelly would be starting this season. Collectively, I think, we could agree that Keenum was more likely to be less than advertised and benefited from the best OL in football last year rather than his own talents suddenly emerging. Denver signed him to a big-ish contract and I don't see them giving up on him very quickly. 

I always felt like Kelly was more likely to have a shot in 2019, not 2018. However, Denver is in an interesting position where they are built pretty well for the future, but also can win now. So if Keenum continues to falter, they may want to try Kelly to see if he gives them the spark they need to win now. I don't see it happening soon, but they are winning in spite of him, so if that ends up not being the case they may try him out. I'm excited to see what he can do

Is this considered not faltering?

29th in QB rating
1st in INTs thrown
26th in completion percentage

He has been, statistically, one of the worst starting QBs in the league this year. 

This year has been two weeks.  I'd be surprised if Kelly would have done better considering the preseason.  Sorry to speak in hypotheticals.  

Shawnky said:
I'm no Denver fan, and I have no horse in this race.  I live in Denver and I'm just relaying everything that's being said locally.  They want Kelly to succeed and hope he is the future guy.  There is no confidence in that at this point, and isn't likely to happen in the near future.  I'm just bringing logic to the table here and not basing opinions on my dynasty roster.
Out of non-rostered young QBs in dynasty leagues, Kelly seems to be one of the better bets for a potential future starting QB. To me, he's in the Bridgewater/Brissett range right now. Those two have proven they can play in the NFL, but both are stuck behind All Pro QBs.

NOLA may or may not keep Bridgewater around long term, but Brees seems like he has a few more years left at least and is proven durable in recent years. Luck is young, but hasn't been able to stay on the field so Brissett has a path for potential play, but he wouldn't be considered the franchise guy in Indy. He could be starter on another team in the future I suppose. He's young, but I'm not sure how high his ceiling is. Not sure either are franchise guys based on what they've shown.

Kelly is a complete unknown at this level, but is on a team with good talent on both sides of the ball with a journeyman holding down the job. They finally cut bait on Lynch are looking for their franchise QB. In dynasty, I think a QB desperate team, or a team of aging starting QBs could do worse than stashing Kelly for basically free and seeing how it plays out. I'm guessing he plays some this year, if because of injury or ineffectiveness by Keenum. I really can't think of any non-rostered, young QB who has more future upside right now with an attractive risk/reward. The only cost of Kelly is him holding a roster spot.

Shawnky said:
This year has been two weeks.  I'd be surprised if Kelly would have done better considering the preseason.  Sorry to speak in hypotheticals.  
Right, which is why I think no one in here is saying Kelly needs to start now. You must have over-looked where I said they are winning in spite of his performance, I don't see them giving up on him any time soon, but if they start losing because of his performance that may change. 

I guess I'm missing where anyone in here has said that Keenum needs to be benched today. He's nothing special, his career would show that. His stats for the first 2 weeks are closer to his stats prior to his MIN days, which I would find concerning if I were in the Denver front office. But it's only been two weeks. No one is saying anything else besides that. 

I said if Keenum continues to falter. You questioned if he is faltering. I showed statistics that say, yes, he is. You said it's only been two weeks... which is exactly why I said continues.

Would you not agree that if he continues to put up a 3:4 TD:INT ratio, a 74 rating, 60% completion that Denver might want to look at their backup at some point? 

Right, which is why I think no one in here is saying Kelly needs to start now. You must have over-looked where I said they are winning in spite of his performance, I don't see them giving up on him any time soon, but if they start losing because of his performance that may change. 

I guess I'm missing where anyone in here has said that Keenum needs to be benched today. He's nothing special, his career would show that. His stats for the first 2 weeks are closer to his stats prior to his MIN days, which I would find concerning if I were in the Denver front office. But it's only been two weeks. No one is saying anything else besides that. 

I said if Keenum continues to falter. You questioned if he is faltering. I showed statistics that say, yes, he is. You said it's only been two weeks... which is exactly why I said continues.

Would you not agree that if he continues to put up a 3:4 TD:INT ratio, a 74 rating, 60% completion that Denver might want to look at their backup at some point? 
it depends on if they continue winning. Box score suggests Keenum has played poorly, but he hasn't been all that bad. he graded out as one of the best offensive players for Denver by PFF this past week and Chris Simms spent a while after reviewing last week's game saying he's at least as good as Carrr if not better.

sometimes there is a fallacy to judging a player based on box score. against Oakland he had several drops and 2 TD passes wiped off the board last week. week 1, he had some bad INTs, but iirc followed each of them up with a drive to score. the game-winning drive from 1st and 20 on his own 10 with less than 2 minutes otc and no timeouts is something that coaches see omreso than a bad decision on a 1st half post route in which he was too daring.

The Broncos are in and will be in no hurry to start Swag barring injury, though. I think the sky is the limit for Swag, but Keenum has done nothing to indicate that his job is in jeopardy and the team is in no position to start playing musical chairs at QB for the 3rd season in a row.

I'm pretty high on Swag, but I don't think the Broncos will go away from Keenum unless they're "forced". Meaning a losing streak or something.

I thought Keenum was a terrible signing by Elway. I thought he was smarter than that. There's simply too much cap space being taken up by a player with his talent level.

Bottom line, Kelly will likely get his chance. When is anybody's guess.

it depends on if they continue winning. Box score suggests Keenum has played poorly, but he hasn't been all that bad. he graded out as one of the best offensive players for Denver by PFF this past week and Chris Simms spent a while after reviewing last week's game saying he's at least as good as Carrr if not better.

sometimes there is a fallacy to judging a player based on box score. against Oakland he had several drops and 2 TD passes wiped off the board last week. week 1, he had some bad INTs, but iirc followed each of them up with a drive to score. the game-winning drive from 1st and 20 on his own 10 with less than 2 minutes otc and no timeouts is something that coaches see omreso than a bad decision on a 1st half post route in which he was too daring.

The Broncos are in and will be in no hurry to start Swag barring injury, though. I think the sky is the limit for Swag, but Keenum has done nothing to indicate that his job is in jeopardy and the team is in no position to start playing musical chairs at QB for the 3rd season in a row.
Yes, I think winning is key. If they keep winning with their QB playing good enough, then why upset the apple cart? As long as they are finding success then it's Keenum's team. I thought I was pretty clear in agreement with this in my postings above, but maybe I wasn't. 

Maybe Denver noticed the juice Baker gave the Browns and will be willing to insert Kelly if Keenum keeps struggling....

How long is Keenum's leash?  Will Kelly get a chance soon?  
I rostered Kelly in my 14-teamer where QBs are stockpiled and have inflated value. (Routinely go first round in rookie drafts.) I'm betting on Keenum being Kennum and with the Donkeys are out of it by Thanksgiving, they give Kelly a chance to see what they have. 

Users who are viewing this thread