What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Chad ‘Swag’ Kelly, Colts (1 Viewer)

The continued losing isn't going to save anyone's job however. Might as get the fans excited and see what the kid can do. The defense has been a big disappointment this year which I think caught everyone off guard. 
i guess what I am thinking is how the timing would work.....usually you blame it on one or the other first (Coach or QB)....not both at the same time, especially when Elway is the one who would be doing the firing, but also the one who has created the train wreck that is the Denver QB position....if they lose, Joseph and the defensive coordinator (Woods) are probably toast....I think the new coach (Kubiak or whoever) will be tasked to stick with Keeneum through this mini bye week and see if they can turn things around in 10 days.....if Keenum still ####s the bed after the new coach is in and the season is lost, then maybe you go to Swag.....but then that also means Elway adds another swing and miss at QB to his resume....and I don't think he want to see that happen...

Last edited by a moderator:
The continued losing isn't going to save anyone's job however. Might as get the fans excited and see what the kid can do. The defense has been a big disappointment this year which I think caught everyone off guard. 
I thought I read that the Broncos had something like 10,000 no shows last game. At some point, I would think there has to be financial downside to just muddling along with Keenum and still be losing. I don't blame the fans, who wants to see that? 10,000 multiplied by beer, food, concessions, parking $. That starts adding up to real money.

I thought I read that the Broncos had something like 10,000 no shows last game. At some point, I would think there has to be financial downside to just muddling along with Keenum and still be losing. I don't blame the fans, who wants to see that? 10,000 multiplied by beer, food, concessions, parking $. That starts adding up to real money.
they blame some of that on it being 19 degrees at game time....

the thing is...once they bench Keeneum (if they do) there really is no going back....I'm not sure they are at that point win or lose tonight....that would firmly put Keeneum back in the role he belongs in (a nice back up).....but Elway has $18 million reasons why he doesn't want to see that happen....Joseph and Woods will be the sacrificial lambs at some point before Keenum is replaced....unless Keenum just really poops the bed more then he has already.....trouble is, Keenum is probably just good enough to make it seem like it is not totally his fault....he will get bailed out by them saying the line (Bolles) sucks, they didn't run the ball enough, etc. and probably hang on to the job....

they blame some of that on it being 19 degrees at game time....

the thing is...once they bench Keeneum (if they do) there really is no going back....I'm not sure they are at that point win or lose tonight....that would firmly put Keeneum back in the role he belongs in (a nice back up).....but Elway has $18 million reasons why he doesn't want to see that happen....Joseph and Woods will be the sacrificial lambs at some point before Keenum is replaced....unless Keenum just really poops the bed more then he has already.....trouble is, Keenum is probably just good enough to make it seem like it is not totally his fault....he will get bailed out by them saying the line (Bolles) sucks, they didn't run the ball enough, etc. and probably hang on to the job....
I didn't think about that. Good point. Still think Kelly plays this year and soon. Could be losing, could be sucking, could be injury, but no way Keenum lasts the year IMO.

Elway could redeem himself & look like a genius if Swag hits, but the problem is Elway isn't high on him (or at least wasn't at the time of the draft).

With their past QB problems not to mention the importance of the position, you don't wait until the last pick in the draft to take a QB you're high on. It was essentially a value pick.

Don't underestimate Elway's stubbornness here. If he truly leaves it up to Joseph, we'll see Swag soon. If not, it could be awhile.

At some point, you have to kick the tires and see what you got.  Not having to spend an early pick on a QB in a weak class would be a good thing to figure out.

Maybe we will see a Thursday night lightning bolt with Swag coming in like we saw with Mayfield a few weeks ago.....

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Broncos "intend to look at" Chad Kelly at some point in the second half of the season.

Denver seems to be heading toward a rebuild and it's unlikely that movement will include Case Keenum, who has looked overmatched as the Broncos' starter this year. With that in mind, it makes sense to give Kelly a look down the stretch and evaluate whether he has the potential to be a franchise quarterback or if the team will have to address that need in next year's draft. Chosen with the final pick of the 2017 draft, Kelly has yet to attempt an NFL pass.

Source: CBS Sports 

Oct 21 - 9:14 AM

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos QB Chad Kelly was charged with first-degree criminal trespassing following an incident in Englewood, Colorado early Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, Englewood officers responded to a call about a man standing outside a residence around 1:17 in the morning. By the time they arrived, the man had entered the residence and been chased away by the occupant. Police eventually found a man who matched the description, later identified as Kelly. The quarterback lasted until the final pick of the 2017 draft because of several issues off the field in college including an arrest following a bar fight in Buffalo.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1054770776656744450

I’m from Buffalo, where he grew up, and he did A LOT of boneheaded things here.  So many people knew it was only a matter of time before he did something not smart again.  

I'd love for Denver to release him.

If I was Dallas, I'd have a huge smile on my face & pray Swag made it to their waiver spot. 

This moron is approaching josh gordon levels of stupidity.  He may actually have surpassed him. If he isn't cut immediately I would be stunned.

This moron is approaching josh gordon levels of stupidity.  He may actually have surpassed him. If he isn't cut immediately I would be stunned.
Over react much? 

Am I missing something with this story? Sounds like Kelly was drunk (or high), went inside of someone's home and sat down on the couch. Was hit in the back with a vacuum tube (to make this story even more bizarre), left and then later arrested for trespassing. 

A serious offense, don't get me wrong, but to say he's surpassed a guy who has been suspended multiple times for repeated drug use, even had to practically beg to be reinstated, is ridiculous IMO 

Over react much? 

Am I missing something with this story? Sounds like Kelly was drunk (or high), went inside of someone's home and sat down on the couch. Was hit in the back with a vacuum tube (to make this story even more bizarre), left and then later arrested for trespassing. 

A serious offense, don't get me wrong, but to say he's surpassed a guy who has been suspended multiple times for repeated drug use, even had to practically beg to be reinstated, is ridiculous IMO 
?

I missed where Gordon has been arrested on a felony.

I think you guys just took care of differentiating between a non-violent drug offender and an actual menace, something the NFL doesn't seem to be able to do.  

ESPN local reported the following -

Kelly left Von Millers halloween party inebriated, found his way into a random home, sat down next to a woman on her couch feeding her infant and started mumbling incoherently.  The women shouted for her spouse, who apparently grabbed an aluminum vacuum tube an began beating Kelly with it until he left.  The victims have video surveillance shows kelly dressed ina white button down shirt, black pants, tatoo on his chest, and a red scarf...AKA dressed as Speed Racer.

OMG this is too funny.

I was one of the idiots that started chanting Kell-LY when he came in for his kneel down.  Wish we could see what type of energy he would bring to the team, but probably have to wait to the end of next season before we see it , if ever. I think he was just now building up the trust with the organization to play him in the regular season and he's goes and and does this.  

ESPN local reported the following -

Kelly left Von Millers halloween party inebriated, found his way into a random home, sat down next to a woman on her couch feeding her infant and started mumbling incoherently.  The women shouted for her spouse, who apparently grabbed an aluminum vacuum tube an began beating Kelly with it until he left.  The victims have video surveillance shows kelly dressed ina white button down shirt, black pants, tatoo on his chest, and a red scarf...AKA dressed as Speed Racer.

OMG this is too funny.
Still not cutting him.

(In case you were wondering how bad Case Keenum is.)

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos QB Chad Kelly was charged with first-degree criminal trespassing following an incident in Englewood, Colorado early Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, Englewood officers responded to a call about a man standing outside a residence around 1:17 in the morning. By the time they arrived, the man had entered the residence and been chased away by the occupant. Police eventually found a man who matched the description, later identified as Kelly. The quarterback lasted until the final pick of the 2017 draft because of several issues off the field in college including an arrest following a bar fight in Buffalo.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1054770776656744450
Please please please let it be Vance Joseph's house.

Still not cutting him.

(In case you were wondering how bad Case Keenum is.)
This is where I'm at. A lot of over-reaction in this thread. As far as I'm aware this is his first infraction as an NFL employee. He has a bad history, sure, but he's had one instance in 18 months, that I'm aware of.

ETA: Sure, it's a felony... but not all felony's are the same. Apples to Oranges. This is trespassing... and it sounds like he went to a Halloween party and had too much to drink 

Am I the only one who doesn’t see this as a huge deal? Definitely needs to curb his drinking if he gets that trashed but it doesn’t seem malicious according to reports.
If you’re that drunk to do something absolutely crazy like that, then you certainly shouldn’t be driving which he was.  That in itself is a big deal.  

He could’ve killed someone driving that drunk.  

Am I the only one who doesn’t see this as a huge deal? Definitely needs to curb his drinking if he gets that trashed but it doesn’t seem malicious according to reports.
It's not a good look, but innocently and blindly entering someone's residence is different than the charges make it sound. I think they charged my friend with the same -- they overcharge -- and he'll probably plead it down.  

If you’re that drunk to do something absolutely crazy like that, then you certainly shouldn’t be driving which he was.  That in itself is a big deal.  

Sounds like he hadn't driven yet. He might have just left the party in a daze and wandered into somebody's house. You can't charge someone with intent to drunk drive. 

You are assuming a lot here. No proof he drove. Tom could have driven him, parked the car to find some late night eats, and got caught up in something and never came back for Swag. Maybe Swag's phone was out of juice, saw this home with it's lights on, wandered in wanting to use their phone to call his buddy to see when he was coming back to the car. 

We don't even know if he was drunk

He may have also just left the party and was walking to his car. Maybe he intended to sleep in it

They didn't charge him with OWI which means he was not drunk in the car with the engine running. Therefore we can't claim he was driving drunk. I'm sure if he was they'd have charged him with that and not some over-charged trespassing 

Agree. If he was driving as well then a different story. Headlines make it sound like he was Kellen Winslow or something. I had a dude wander into my apartment trashed one time. He was as shocked as me lol. Just tossed him out. 

You are assuming a lot here. No proof he drove. Tom could have driven him, parked the car to find some late night eats, and got caught up in something and never came back for Swag. Maybe Swag's phone was out of juice, saw this home with it's lights on, wandered in wanting to use their phone to call his buddy to see when he was coming back to the car. 

We don't even know if he was drunk

He may have also just left the party and was walking to his car. Maybe he intended to sleep in it
The report I read said the cops found him in his car.  

Chad "Speed Racer" Kelly
I'd be playing that theme song all the time if I was his buddy.

Agree. If he was driving as well then a different story. Headlines make it sound like he was Kellen Winslow or something. I had a dude wander into my apartment trashed one time. He was as shocked as me lol. Just tossed him out. 
Trespassing, no matter how drunk, is still a recipe for later violence. 

The report I read said the cops found him in his car.  
If the engine was running, you think they wouldn't have charged him?  

In college a buddy fell asleep in a room one floor below his. It was the women's floor. Oddly enough their trio (or whatever they called those rooms with 3 beds) was set up the smae as his. Luckily the bed he woke up in, the girl was out of town. Was a funny story. The girl who found him I knew quite well

Users who are viewing this thread