What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB match ups week 3 (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Scoring last week was really high. Schaub repeated his 2009 trend of bombing in week 1 and then unleashing hell in week 2. He laid a nice 41 score for owners. Lot of big scores last week including Jay Cutler again, P.Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Vick, even Ryan, McNabb, and Brees were pretty good. Romo only scored 20 but that's usually enough to keep you above water, however against many of the top QBs he put owners in the hole about 10 points again this week.

Studs with good match ups

Tom Brady – Playing Buffalo, doesn't really have any stud RBs to lean on. I do want to point out that Faulk is out for the season and that will take a check down away from him. Not sure how that will impact Brady but it was a security blanket he no longer has.

Drew Brees – Atlanta is not horrible against the pass by any means but this is going to be an explosive game. I am a little worried about Brees as the big play has not been there so far. I look for Henderson and or Meachem to have a pretty strong day. Thos 2 guys set up the underneath stuff to Colston, Shockey, Moore, and Bush who is out so bump up Pierre Thomas.

Peyton Manning – Like you would ever sit him anyways. He is off to a fast start and looking like a 2nd round steal.

Phillip Rivers – Love his game and he comes in Seattle who got lit up pretty good by Kyle Orton. They are a much stronger team at home but without Mathews I expect San Diego to take to the air in this one. Seahawks are giving up almost 260 yds a game and only avg 1.5 sacks to boot so Rivers should have time to pick them apart.

Studs with tougher match ups

Aaron Rodgers – Without a good ground game and the fact Chicago is lights out at stopping the run right now…Rodgers and GB could be in for a surprise on MNF. The Bears are allowing 260 yds thru the air per game and are not getting a lot of sacks but they have only allowed 1 TD vs 3 Int on the season. Plus teams know they can't run. Rodgers will still likely put up 250 yds passing in this game but I have a feeling owners might get frustrated this week. I'm not calling for a bench but I am saying he is not a top3 candidate this week IMO.

Jay Cutler – Oh yes, he is quickly becoming a stud especially in Mike Martz offense. GB is only allowing 116 yds per game, holy spit! And they have 10 sacks on the season, Clay Mathews is an absolute beast and is going to meet Cutler a few times in the backfield. Even more than Rodgers I think Cutler is looking at a mediocre night and Martz offense is going to be slowed down some.

Matt Schaub – Dallas is different than Washington. They are desperate for a win and I think Schaub will be solid but not quite in the upper tier this week.

Good Match Ups

Tony Romo – He has been mediocre for owners the last 2 weeks but Houston is allowing like 400+ yds a game. Look for Romo and crew to do serious damage and ofr Miles Autin to add a lot more receptions to his growing number this year. 10/150 from Austin would not surprise me this week. This is one of the best plays on the board.

Michael Vick – This is not to be a curmudgeon but Vick traditionally does not play well on the road on grass. He is a little slower than when he is on turf. Last week on the road in Detroit it was no surprise what he did. Jax is not very good at stopping the pass but I think the Vick balloon loses a little air this weekend but perhaps his legs will keep him as a viable starter this week. Owners beware!!!

Donavon McNabb – The Skins go to St Louis and McNabb should have a solid day. The Rams are giving up about250 and a TD per week.

Alex Smith – I think the guy will build on last week and faces a KC team that is allowing 253 and 1.5 TDs per week. I like Smith to toss for 220-240 and 2 TDs this week. Look for Crabtree to get on track against KC who is decent at stopping the run and San Fran will have to get their air attack going in this one in order to win the game which I think they will do as well.

David Garrard – Philly is giving up 250 and 2 TDs per week. I like Garrard at home and just so you know, Luke McCown if I read reports correctly is out for the season. Garrard for better or worse will be the starter all season. I like him at home with Vick getting all the publicity.

Other good match ups but do we trust these guys?

Brett Favre – I question if he can make it happen with his WR corp. Poster sin here were Camarillo crazy and Miami fans knew he couldn't shoulder the load there. Harvin is gimpy, Berrian has been a complete flop. It's a nice match up but I would be worried about starting him.

Joe Flacco – I did the game recap for him last week and I saw a guy that is not progressing. I do think the short week had something to do with it but owners cannot feel good about playing him right now.

Sam Bradford – I like his match up this week and wanted to put him in the strong plays sector but he still is a rookie and he could tank, it's allowable for rookie QBs. I have been impressed with his poise and I'm happy for the St Louis fans right now.

Bruce Gradkowski – He's facing Arizona and the Cards are allowing 230/2TDs per game. I would definitely look at Louis Murphy this week as a viable starting WR.

Tough match ups

Matt Ryan – He'll get some stats because of the game but New Orleans secondary creates turnovers and they don't allow too many big plays. I think Roddy White will have his 1st so so game of the season.

Eli Manning – Tennessee is allowing 85 yds passing a game. I know they did it against Campbell and a bunch of Pittsburgh steel workers but still you can't love this match up. Has anyone seen Steve Smith?

Carson Palmer – Again I saw a guy last week that could not get the ball down the field. Carolina is not that bad of a defense and I expect subpar numbers again from Palmer this week.

Shaun Hill – He was decent last week but facing MN this week I don't give him much of a chance.

Josh Freeman – He has looked good and thrown 4 TDs already this season but against Pitt this week he will be humbled and likely held in check for most of the game. Mike Williams should be an afterthought as well this weekend. I'll be shocked if Freeman throws for 200+ yds and a 1-2 TDs, the Steelers create a lot of turnovers.

Kyle Orton – Indy is strong against the pass. He has looked great the 1st 2 weeks but this weekend he won't sniff the top10.

Matt Hasselbeck – San Diego has held KC and Jax in check. 2 TD vs 4 Int as well. Hass will throw for 200 but I don't see him as a strong play. He is pretty good at the Nest but this weekend San Diego will prove to be too good.

Vince Young – No confidence after last week, now he has to go into New York, abandon ship this week.

Derek Anderson – Oakland is allowing only 137 thru the air. They are giving out 2 TD a game though but Anderson will have a rough go of it this weekend.

Mark Sanchez – I don't like the match up with Miami who is playing Nolan's system to a tee right now.

Scrap Heap

Matt Cassel

Jimmy Clausen

Seneca Wallace

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Charlie Batch

I used the colors as a guide but I am interested in what you folks have to say Iand I want to hear you weigh in on the match ups this week.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Going against David Dodds and to some extent Bloom on Vick. Vick appears to have the biggest projections gap in the Shark Pool this week.

I think he blows up. Remember, Vick seems to be more comfortable now being a passer than he ever has before and he did kick Green Bay's butt in Green Bay in a playoff game. I think this grass angle is over extending.

MY THOUGHTS

you do not bench Cutler under any circumstances this Monday night. Just because the Packers have faced Kolb/Vick and Edwards doesn't men Cutler won't get his. Start with confidence.

Schaub, Rodgers, McNabb should be green. Orton has played well enough to not be red-lighted.

And you need to seriously reassess some other things. You are saying I should start the following over Vick:

Gradkowski, Shaun Hill, Derek Anderson, Bradford, Favre, Flacco, and Garrard. I seriously doubt you would start any of those guys over Vick. You are putting too much emphasis on history and matchups and downgrading individual ability way too much.

Not saying you should start over but IMO these are your most out of wack rankings this year.

Joe Flacco – I did the game recap for him last week and I saw a guy that is not progressing. I do think the short week had something to do with it but owners cannot feel good about playing him right now.
I think you put Flacco in the right group. Cleveland should be the medicine the doctor ordered to restore faith in him and Flacco has a history of following up poor performances with pretty good ones. However Baltimore will likely not need to put up a whole lot of points in this game and Coach John Harbaugh has said he wants to give Ray Rice a heavier workload against the Browns.

Makes it tough to start Flacco with confidence.

clifford...i think hes talking abuot these guys more relative to their own typical performance than saying start all greens over all reds.

thats how ive always taken these threads anyway(which are pretty good)

MY THOUGHTSyou do not bench Cutler under any circumstances this Monday night. Just because the Packers have faced Kolb/Vick and Edwards doesn't men Cutler won't get his. Start with confidence.Schaub, Rodgers, McNabb should be green. Orton has played well enough to not be red-lighted.And you need to seriously reassess some other things. You are saying I should start the following over Vick:Gradkowski, Shaun Hill, Derek Anderson, Bradford, Favre, Flacco, and Garrard. I seriously doubt you would start any of those guys over Vick. You are putting too much emphasis on history and matchups and downgrading individual ability way too much.Not saying you should start over but IMO these are your most out of wack rankings this year.
Fair enough Clifford but I use the colors to get folks attention. A lot of times when I leave guys in black letters, I need more info or I am neutral meaning it could go either way. Vick this week though just feels like a let down game to me. He is completing 10% more of his passes than he was last time around in the NFL...63% vs 53%, how long can that keep up? We really think Vick is going to continue to complete 2/3 of all his throws? I'm sorry but I'm not quite there yet and for the record I own him in multiple dyansty leagues. Enjoying the ride but trying to be realistic too. If he does it again this week, I'll completely re-evaluate him but right now I just think it's a really nice story.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you put Flacco in the right group. Cleveland should be the medicine the doctor ordered to restore faith in him and Flacco has a history of following up poor performances with pretty good ones. However Baltimore will likely not need to put up a whole lot of points in this game and Coach John Harbaugh has said he wants to give Ray Rice a heavier workload against the Browns.

Makes it tough to start Flacco with confidence.
Agreed and that's why I put him there.

Wow. Going against David Dodds and to some extent Bloom on Vick. Vick appears to have the biggest projections gap in the Shark Pool this week.I think he blows up. Remember, Vick seems to be more comfortable now being a passer than he ever has before and he did kick Green Bay's butt in Green Bay in a playoff game. I think this grass angle is over extending.
I agree. Plus he is the 13th best RB in the league right now for yardage. I remember when Vick was arguably the #1 QB for FF. In Philly I am very optimistic that this may be true. The main difference with Vick this year is that Atlanta was a run team where as Philly is a pass team. We have not seen Vick to be viable passer until the last 6 quarters. IMO I think Vick closes one chapter of his life and opens a complete new one by years end.

I moved Vick around. He actually has a great match up on paper but I simply don't think he will fulfill expectations. I'm glad you guys disagree and are calling me on it. I realize it's not the popular opinion this week.

MY THOUGHTSyou do not bench Cutler under any circumstances this Monday night. Just because the Packers have faced Kolb/Vick and Edwards doesn't men Cutler won't get his. Start with confidence.Schaub, Rodgers, McNabb should be green. Orton has played well enough to not be red-lighted.And you need to seriously reassess some other things. You are saying I should start the following over Vick:Gradkowski, Shaun Hill, Derek Anderson, Bradford, Favre, Flacco, and Garrard. I seriously doubt you would start any of those guys over Vick. You are putting too much emphasis on history and matchups and downgrading individual ability way too much.Not saying you should start over but IMO these are your most out of wack rankings this year.
I'm curious what your rankings are along with a reason for each one of them. How about if you just list all 32 QBs in order of scoring with FBG std and we can check back on Tuesday. It is far easier to criticize than to produce.How about your blanket "do not bench Cutler under any circumstances" statement. What if you have Brees or Peyton as your other QB? I assume this means you are saying that Culter will be the #1 QB this week. Is that what you are saying? Get my point?Thx MOP.

Atlanta cant let the saints game turn into a shootout. They must sell out and run, run, run even if they get behind. I like Pierre Thomas to have a better game relatively than Brees (but obviously you dont bench Brees).

I have no feel for the outcome of the chargers / seahags game. I believe the seahawks are significant home dogs, but I would avoid that game since I could see anything happening. Tolbert outperforms Rivers, relatively speaking.

Cutler COULD have a big day OR could throw 4 picks. This is a hugely pivotal game for the Martz pundits. I'd roll with Cutler if I didnt have a really good alternate and say a couple dozen hail marys.

Given the choice, I'd probably start aaron rodgers or matt schaub over philip rivers, but not real sure about any of them.

I would green light McNabb and list alex smith in black.

one or both of flacco and favre will have a good day. not a sure thing, but the floundering will stop. i COULD see the cowboys continuing to flounder, however, particularly since houston may be starting to believe in the impossible (superbowl).

i believe kyle orton will throw 2-3 TDs and over 300 yards.

How about your blanket "do not bench Cutler under any circumstances" statement. What if you have Brees or Peyton as your other QB? I assume this means you are saying that Culter will be the #1 QB this week. Is that what you are saying? Get my point?Thx MOP.
That was sort of something I wanted to ask as well. I have Romo going and will be starting him as he has potentially a great matchup. Beyond him I'd start Cutler over just about everyone.Great thread as usual MOP :shock:

I am not too all worried about Jay Cutler against the Packers, at least from a pass-rushing standpoint. Everyone was saying he was going to be teed off on by the Dallas Cowboys last week, and yet he only gave up one sack against Ware and crew.

I will keep riding the Cutler train until it rolls off the tracks! :goodposting:

MY THOUGHTS

you do not bench Cutler under any circumstances this Monday night. Just because the Packers have faced Kolb/Vick and Edwards doesn't men Cutler won't get his. Start with confidence.

Schaub, Rodgers, McNabb should be green. Orton has played well enough to not be red-lighted.

And you need to seriously reassess some other things. You are saying I should start the following over Vick:

Gradkowski, Shaun Hill, Derek Anderson, Bradford, Favre, Flacco, and Garrard. I seriously doubt you would start any of those guys over Vick. You are putting too much emphasis on history and matchups and downgrading individual ability way too much.

Not saying you should start over but IMO these are your most out of wack rankings this year.
I'm curious what your rankings are along with a reason for each one of them. How about if you just list all 32 QBs in order of scoring with FBG std and we can check back on Tuesday. It is far easier to criticize than to produce.How about your blanket "do not bench Cutler under any circumstances" statement. What if you have Brees or Peyton as your other QB? I assume this means you are saying that Culter will be the #1 QB this week. Is that what you are saying? Get my point?

Thx MOP.
I get yours. I think you missed mine. Does it really require clarification or are you just pointing out a logical fallacy?MOP, re Vick, you didn't really answer my question. Sure there are reasons for disagreement, and you could be right, but I have to assume that all players in red are ranked below all players in black and green or your color coding makes no sense, right? Therefore you are saying that guys like Gradkowski, Hill, and Bradford will outproduce Vick this week, right? If not I really don't understand your system.

I am not too all worried about Jay Cutler against the Packers, at least from a pass-rushing standpoint. Everyone was saying he was going to be teed off on by the Dallas Cowboys last week, and yet he only gave up one sack against Ware and crew.I will keep riding the Cutler train until it rolls off the tracks! :lmao:
And lets face it...playing anyone in a game like this on a MONDAY NIGHT stage is just fun to watch anyways ...can you say SHOOTOUT !!!!

I am not too all worried about Jay Cutler against the Packers, at least from a pass-rushing standpoint. Everyone was saying he was going to be teed off on by the Dallas Cowboys last week, and yet he only gave up one sack against Ware and crew.I will keep riding the Cutler train until it rolls off the tracks! :shock:
And lets face it...playing anyone in a game like this on a MONDAY NIGHT stage is just fun to watch anyways ...can you say SHOOTOUT !!!!
:missing: I can't remember a Monday night game I've looked forward to more. Good football, good rivalry, big stage and lots of fantasy relevent players.

MOP, re Vick, you didn't really answer my question. Sure there are reasons for disagreement, and you could be right, but I have to assume that all players in red are ranked below all players in black and green or your color coding makes no sense, right? Therefore you are saying that guys like Gradkowski, Hill, and Bradford will outproduce Vick this week, right? If not I really don't understand your system.
Legit question.1st of all I moved Vick into the Good Match up section where he should have been, that was my fault. I am comparing Vick to other stud or high drafted QBs, even in week 3, most owners are going to roll with their 1st QB selected in the draft until we get to bye weeks next week when this will open up more and guys will actually have to start someone like Sam Bradford for a week. Vick in comparison to anyone listed above him or in his tier. I think it's possible Gradkowski scores more than Vick, but would I start him ahead of Vick, probably not so I'm glad you asked. I try and section the QBs into tiers, this thread is written with quite a bit more speed than say the RB thread and I'm prone ot overlook things here, one of the many reasons I need the feedback. Bottom Line with Vick is I see him not hitting the top10-12 this week. I see him in the middle of the pack this week and maybe quite a bit lower than that even. He is the darling and has the #1 ranking or top5 on many many sites this week not just FBG. I see that as a mistake and I can tell most owners are going to roll with him anyways but I don't see a repeat of his numbers from last week. Most of the guys in the 1st 12-15 in the OP, most of those guys are projected top10-12 most places so red in the top section are guys that I don't believe hit those expectations this week. Put it another way, David Dodds will tend to take a sleeper or guy that has a solid chance to do well and move them into the top10 somewhere. Now if you look at the actual point projections there is typically a 2-3 point margin of difference between 8 and 18 let's say so why does Dodds rank them that high? In my opinion and I can't speak for the guy but I believe he wants his subscribers to really take notice of the guy that week. He might not hit #6 that week but Dodds feels that he probably has a very high percentage of making an impact that week and wants to alert owners to that play or player. That's how I have always taken his rankings and FBG in general.

I'm not sure Freeman is such a bad play.

I just wonder how long it will be before a team decides to go a shotgun spread offense against the Steelers. That has been there achilles heel for Pittsburgh in past seasons.

The Bucs don't have a bell cow RB, so might as well give it a shot. Its not like the Steelers are likely to run up the score with Batch at the helm.

If Morris is savy enough to try this & has some early success, Freeman could have a decent start.

I am not too all worried about Jay Cutler against the Packers, at least from a pass-rushing standpoint. Everyone was saying he was going to be teed off on by the Dallas Cowboys last week, and yet he only gave up one sack against Ware and crew.I will keep riding the Cutler train until it rolls off the tracks! :)
:rolleyes: I can't remember a Monday night game I've looked forward to more. Good football, good rivalry, big stage and lots of fantasy relevent players.
This game is a QB`s wet dream...2 gunslingers on teams that rarely run the ball...int`s or not its gonna be a yardage and TD fest :lmao:

Indy is great against the pass in only two games because A. Foster lit them up in game 1. Houston didn't need to pass.

Indy is great against the pass in only two games because A. Foster lit them up in game 1. Houston didn't need to pass.
Actually the way I looked at it was that the 1st half was pretty close and then Houston made adjustments and handed the ball off 10 times to Foster on the opening drive of the 1st half. You can put that down as they didn't need to throw but Schaub was not having a ton of success either. The game was close and Kubiak felt the run was a much better option at that point. I don't think Houston could just do whatever they wanted to Indy and said "even though we could let Schaub tear them apart let's just run the ball instead"...no I think they felt the easier way to win was to try and pound it on them.Eli wasn't great doing great for the better part of the game last week either. Was 31-7 at one point IIRC.

Typical MOP rankings.....throw in a few shockers to rile up the guppies and go with the expected for the rest. :meh:
Hey ITS, You got any weather update/outlook on the game this week? How's the match up looking for Hass, do you think he can hit the top12 against San Diego? Will Forsett get more than 10 carries this week? Tell us about this no name DL that seems to be doing a solid job while the LBs are killing it on rush defense, will that keep up for the season?Thanks,MOP

Cutler is gonna Light up GB bad.Their yards per game (GB) allowed passing is skewed by the trainwreck that is Buffalo.
He will if his OL gives him plenty of time........IF
Who has the better pass rush? Dallas/Detroit or GB? I would be more worried about Peppers and Tommy Harris vs the GB Oline. GB pass rush might be deccent but I think their secondary can be beat.

MOP, re Vick, you didn't really answer my question. Sure there are reasons for disagreement, and you could be right, but I have to assume that all players in red are ranked below all players in black and green or your color coding makes no sense, right? Therefore you are saying that guys like Gradkowski, Hill, and Bradford will outproduce Vick this week, right? If not I really don't understand your system.
Legit question.1st of all I moved Vick into the Good Match up section where he should have been, that was my fault. I am comparing Vick to other stud or high drafted QBs, even in week 3, most owners are going to roll with their 1st QB selected in the draft until we get to bye weeks next week when this will open up more and guys will actually have to start someone like Sam Bradford for a week. Vick in comparison to anyone listed above him or in his tier. I think it's possible Gradkowski scores more than Vick, but would I start him ahead of Vick, probably not so I'm glad you asked. I try and section the QBs into tiers, this thread is written with quite a bit more speed than say the RB thread and I'm prone ot overlook things here, one of the many reasons I need the feedback. Bottom Line with Vick is I see him not hitting the top10-12 this week. I see him in the middle of the pack this week and maybe quite a bit lower than that even. He is the darling and has the #1 ranking or top5 on many many sites this week not just FBG. I see that as a mistake and I can tell most owners are going to roll with him anyways but I don't see a repeat of his numbers from last week. Most of the guys in the 1st 12-15 in the OP, most of those guys are projected top10-12 most places so red in the top section are guys that I don't believe hit those expectations this week. Put it another way, David Dodds will tend to take a sleeper or guy that has a solid chance to do well and move them into the top10 somewhere. Now if you look at the actual point projections there is typically a 2-3 point margin of difference between 8 and 18 let's say so why does Dodds rank them that high? In my opinion and I can't speak for the guy but I believe he wants his subscribers to really take notice of the guy that week. He might not hit #6 that week but Dodds feels that he probably has a very high percentage of making an impact that week and wants to alert owners to that play or player. That's how I have always taken his rankings and FBG in general.
OK, so you see Vick as a significantly worse start than everyone in his tier, but just because he's red in that tier doesn't necessarily mean he's below those in black and green below him.I think the format is a little confusing. Maybe you should use the game matchup style you use in the RB thread. Still not rankings but is is clear that you think so and so will outperform, meet, or come in below expectations for that matchup.

Cutler is gonna Light up GB bad.Their yards per game (GB) allowed passing is skewed by the trainwreck that is Buffalo.
I hope you're right. I'm tormented by the Vick or Cutler choice this week. I think w/ Chicago at home this will be a shootout, so I'm inclined to agree with you. I'd probably say 285 yards and 2 TD's, so a really solid game.

Who has the better pass rush? Dallas/Detroit or GB? I would be more worried about Peppers and Tommy Harris vs the GB Oline. GB pass rush might be deccent but I think their secondary can be beat.
GB has 10 sacks in 2 games. I like their pass rush.Peppers yes, but many Bears fans point out that Harris isn't that much of a threat as a pass rusher.Can GB's secondary be beat any more than Chicago's? I think not.

MY THOUGHTS

I agree. Throwing out GBay numbers based on Vick and Edwards are very skewed. If they had the same ranking after playing Peyton and Schuab- then I would be more impressed. Mathews succeeded because the O-lines suck. Granted that the Bears line isn't any better, but I think that Martz is prepared for the rush and will make the Pack pay for it resulting in better numbers for Cutler. Plus we all love the Monday Night player!I expect Cutler doing better than Orton, Vick and Favre

That's what they said last week.
What's you're point?
That the Bears can handle a good pass rush and Cutler can have a good game despite the seemingly unstoppable force that is Clay Matthews.

What's you're point?
That the Bears can handle a good pass rush and Cutler can have a good game despite the seemingly unstoppable force that is Clay Matthews.
True. Or we could just as easily see the Cutler from 2009 who had 3 td's to 6 int's in 2 games against GB.Personally I think guys expecting a shoot out or massive numbers for Cutler or Rodgers could be let down. These teams know eachother very well.

Wow. Going against David Dodds and to some extent Bloom on Vick. Vick appears to have the biggest projections gap in the Shark Pool this week.

I think he blows up. Remember, Vick seems to be more comfortable now being a passer than he ever has before and he did kick Green Bay's butt in Green Bay in a playoff game. I think this grass angle is over extending.
I agree. Plus he is the 13th best RB in the league right now for yardage. I remember when Vick was arguably the #1 QB for FF. In Philly I am very optimistic that this may be true. The main difference with Vick this year is that Atlanta was a run team where as Philly is a pass team. We have not seen Vick to be viable passer until the last 6 quarters. IMO I think Vick closes one chapter of his life and opens a complete new one by years end.
When was this exactly? Here are his top years & his rank in typical scoring (1pt/25yds, 1pt/10yds rush, 4pt/TD, 6pt/rush TD, -2/int, -2/fumble)2002= 291pts (#2 ranked QB)

2004= 191pts (#10)

2005= 195pts (#9)

2006= 244pts (#5)

Also, it has become more of a passing league. He only cleared 2500yds one time in his career. Last year their were 18 QBs who had better yardage then he did in his top year (2002). I am not saying he can't adjust and become a better passer. But you can't say he will be a top scorer based on previously being the top QB because it never happened.

From the Week 1 MOP RB Exploit/Avoid article:
The color codes are never usually explained but I'll do my best. Red means avoid, Green means almost a must start, and Blue is usually for injury or for you to pay attention to the IR. I could put Chris Johnson and ADP in green for example but it doesn't matter because you are going to start them anyways. I try to highlight players in green when I think they could be overlooked. When you see Dodds weekly player rankings he will step out on a limb and usually put a guy in the top10 that he really wants you to take notice. Same thought process on why I use the colors as I do. If a player is simply bolded feel free to ask for more info if you deem it necessary.
Its more like an ESPN TMR Who do I Hate/Love article, not rankings

From the Week 1 MOP RB Exploit/Avoid article:
The color codes are never usually explained but I'll do my best. Red means avoid, Green means almost a must start, and Blue is usually for injury or for you to pay attention to the IR. I could put Chris Johnson and ADP in green for example but it doesn't matter because you are going to start them anyways. I try to highlight players in green when I think they could be overlooked. When you see Dodds weekly player rankings he will step out on a limb and usually put a guy in the top10 that he really wants you to take notice. Same thought process on why I use the colors as I do. If a player is simply bolded feel free to ask for more info if you deem it necessary.
Its more like an ESPN TMR Who do I Hate/Love article, not rankings
:bag:

What's you're point?
True. Or we could just as easily see the Cutler from 2009 who had 3 td's to 6 int's in 2 games against GB.Personally I think guys expecting a shoot out or massive numbers for Cutler or Rodgers could be let down. These teams know eachother very well.
The Packers haven't met the Martz-coached Bears offense yet, though.Different animal. Very different.

I think the Eli hate is going to far. He was a very solid fantasy QB last year and unless every team has two pass rushers on the same level as the Colts do, I don't see the Giants offense struggling that much again. Plus the Titans were horrible vs the pass last year so I think this is a great match-up since I don't believe 2 weeks worth of results vs two bad QBs can be believed...

The Packers haven't met the Martz-coached Bears offense yet, though.Different animal. Very different.
And the Martz-coached Bears offense hasn't met the Dom Capers-coached Green Bay defense yet either. (Reminder: 10 sacks in 2010)I do know that the Packers have seen the Martz offense quite a few times.

And the Martz-coached Bears offense hasn't met the Dom Capers-coached Green Bay defense yet either. (Reminder: 10 sacks in 2010)I do know that the Packers have seen the Martz offense quite a few times.
Than Martz has seen the Packers defense the same number of times.
Last year was Capers' 1st as GB's D Coordinator. Martz didn't have a job last year. Different Defense.

Last year was Capers' 1st as GB's D Coordinator. Martz didn't have a job last year. Different Defense.
And Martz didn't have Cutler and Knox.....Don't you at least think its a little bit odd that that you think there is some advantage to GB having "seen" the Bears and Martz, yet they haven't "seen" GB's defense yet. Take some homer glasses off and realize that the Bears of 2010 are much better and have handled 2 good pass rushes already.The Packers might be able to get to Cutler, but it is hardly a forgone conclusion.

And Martz didn't have Cutler and Knox.....Don't you at least think its a little bit odd that that you think there is some advantage to GB having "seen" the Bears and Martz, yet they haven't "seen" GB's defense yet. Take some homer glasses off and realize that the Bears of 2010 are much better and have handled 2 good pass rushes already.The Packers might be able to get to Cutler, but it is hardly a forgone conclusion.
I'm not looking at it with homer glasses. I'm just stating the opposite is possible to every potential advantage you keep pointing out for Chicago.

I love your posts MOP, but you did ask for responces SO Im gonna go out on a limb: Alex Smith being in the "green". ref. The Chargers only put up 14 points. 41-0 (SF- KC)last meeting 2006 A. Smith<-- 92 yds, 2 picks

KC 2-0 playin at home, lotta speed, potential playmakers in the secondary. I believe theres quite a few good games Sunday but this game could be top 5. Im not sayin Mr. Carr takes the field but "green" I dunno.

I see alot of effort put in to your posts. I look forward to seein greens and reds (helps me to research something I may not agree with).

thanx againMOP :shrug:

Thanks for the effort once again MOP. I disagree with your assessment of Orton this week. Especially now with Moreno out for the game. I see the Colts getting up by 14 to 21 points early in this game (Bailey and Goodman both iffy/gimpy), which likely means that Orton will be throwing until his arm falls off. He has some pretty nice targets to throw to. I am expecting another 300 yds passing, with 2-3 TD's from Orton, whether in garbage time or otherwise.

I do agree with your Cutler and Rodgers assessments. What looks to be a 34-30 shootout could turn out to be more of a 20-17 type game, seeing as how neither team has a dominant running game to sustain drives or punch TD's in. If Cutler ain't running for his life in this game, then it is time to re-assess the Chicago O-line.

Users who are viewing this thread