What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Patrick Mahomes II, KC (3 Viewers)

I mean if he needs surgery NOW, vs waiting until the offseason.

which I’ve made abundantly clear.  Repeatedly. 

reading comprehension isn’t for everyone though.  :shrug:
...and if he's given the option to wait until the offseason then he is at an increased risk of serious injury, especially if he doesn't change his style of play. As I said several posts ago. You can't/don't read, so we ended up here. Be better next time.

...and if he's given the option to wait until the offseason then he is at an increased risk of serious injury, especially if he doesn't change his style of play. As I said several posts ago. You can't/don't read, so we ended up here. Be better next time.
Whatever you say troll.

ill just put you on ignore this time & make this forum better for myself instead. 

And hooked on phonics might help your reading comprehension issues. 

be better. 
Dude, chill. Have you noticed how many people you have gotten into ###-for-tats with in multiple threads lately? I believe you aren't meaning to antagonize, but when it keeps happening - even inadvertently - you gotta stop at some point and genuinely ask yourself why. Especially, when you are a highly intelligent person, which clearly you are. 

I speak from personal experience here. I have the same 'not trying to be offensive, but sometimes come across offensive' gene that you and @Dr. Dan do. We can all be good again, though. Just like on the sports field, it's always about the next play. Cheers.

I've been a member of these boards for many years and just used the ignore feature for the first time.

Dude, chill. Have you noticed how many people you have gotten into ###-for-tats with in multiple threads lately? I believe you aren't meaning to antagonize, but when it keeps happening - even inadvertently - you gotta stop at some point and genuinely ask yourself why. Especially, when you are a highly intelligent person, which clearly you are. 

I speak from personal experience here. I have the same 'not trying to be offensive, but sometimes come across offensive' gene that you and @Dr. Dan do. We can all be good again, though. Just like on the sports field, it's always about the next play. Cheers.
I’m doing my best. It’s not that many,  but I appreciate the observation. 

it gets tough when people project things you don’t say. Then I’m forced to respond to counter the disinformation. It’s not valuable to the discussion to project motivation or to misquote people. I don’t do it to others, and it’s annoying when others do it to me. 

i said Mahomes would probably elect to play if he’s given that option, because he’s a gamer.   That’s it. That’s a pretty straightforward position. 

tbe responses: “he probably has Mahomes & selfishly wants him to risk his health” “why would he risk that?!” “You’re an idiot if you say he should play!” “he could die!”

:rolleyes:  

if I say “Mahomes is a gamer and I think he’ll opt to play if he’s medically cleared”, why read into that any more than that?

And the worst case doom and gloom scenarios before there’s even an update are frustrating as someone who seeks real information about a player.

But I appreciate the sentiment of your post & will try to be more tolerant of the projection of others. 

The MRI has confirmed the #Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a dislocated kneecap, but not significant additional damage, sources tell me and @JamesPalmerTV. He’ll seek additional opinions to be sure. The plan is for him to return this season after a brief absence.

The MRI has confirmed the #Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a dislocated kneecap, but not significant additional damage, sources tell me and @JamesPalmerTV. He’ll seek additional opinions to be sure. The plan is for him to return this season after a brief absence.
That is the best possible news for Mahomes. :wub:  

now I hope It’s the best news for his long-term health. 

This thread is starting to remind me of the thread where all the guys had T. Hill walking to the gas chamber and were trading him for a bag of chips.
Or the thread about Amari Cooper, or Davonte Adams or any other player.

the extremism about injuries on this forum is off the charts. Sometimes I genuinely wonder if people are deliberately posting false narratives hoping to buy-low on commodities. 

granted, Mahomes injury was pretty severe and certainly could have been season-ending, so I give it a pass here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrick Mahomes' MRI Friday confirmed a dislocated right kneecap.

It's not the worst diagnosis Mahomes could have gotten as NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the quarterback avoided "significant additional damage." Mahomes will seek multiple opinions before a decision is made, though the tentative plan is for him to return after a "brief absence." A return in three weeks would probably be the best-case scenario for Mahomes, though even if that's the case, he'd likely be confined to the pocket and would surely be required to wear a brace on his injured knee. Sports injury expert David Chao believes surgery is inevitable for Mahomes, though it sounds like he'll wait until after the season to consider that possibility. Well-traveled veteran Matt Moore—who has received a grand total of zero practice reps with the first-team offense this season—will slot in as KC's interim starter.
Rotoworld website about to get flamed by people screaming at them for being "heartless" for saying Mahomes could be back in three weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was probably a poor choice of words. I had heard the injury would have a minimum of three missed games, and that's probably where we are now.
I believe that was pre-MRI, and based on the expectation that they would hold him out until after their bye week.

at this point it’s probably a matter of what the second opinion says, combined with Mahomes pain tolerance and whatever sense of urgency the Chiefs have to bring him back.

I think there is a non-zero chance that he comes back in two weeks, but were I a betting man I would guess the most realistic outcome would be bringing him back after the bye.

Worth noting that it is also a non-zero chance that the second opinion tells him to shut it down. 

Can't wait and don't want to take the risk that something else goes wrong in a month. It's dynasty and I love the guy but just moved Mahomes and Aaron Jones for Watson and Theilen. 

Tough to use him balance of year.  Week 14-16 is brutal and moreso if his mobility is limited.  Maybe the shark move is to sell in redraft.

I believe that was pre-MRI, and based on the expectation that they would hold him out until after their bye week.

at this point it’s probably a matter of what the second opinion says, combined with Mahomes pain tolerance and whatever sense of urgency the Chiefs have to bring him back.

I think there is a non-zero chance that he comes back in two weeks, but were I a betting man I would guess the most realistic outcome would be bringing him back after the bye.

Worth noting that it is also a non-zero chance that the second opinion tells him to shut it down. 
Yes it was pre-MRI but the doctor was saying the dislocated knee was a minimum of three weeks missed - the MRI results would have only increased that. So I believe we're back to three weeks - but we'll see. 

Tough to use him balance of year.  Week 14-16 is brutal and moreso if his mobility is limited.  Maybe the shark move is to sell in redraft.
I would humbly suggest waiting until he comes back and performs prior to selling.

you’re going to get a lot more for him if he shows that he can throw a couple touchdowns on one leg. Right now would seem to be rock-bottom price which is an exactly the shark move.

I have absolutely nothing to base this on, (besides what my eye balls tell me)...but something tells me he will be back sooner than people think...I wouldn't be surprised if it in two weeks....Vikings game...

really bummed not to see him and Rodgers go head to head next Sunday night....was really looking forward to that one...

Part of whether or not he comes back might do with how the Chiefs play in his absence IMO. He's got a very long career ahead of him and potentially a couple hundred million dollars of future earnings at stake. If the Chiefs keep winning, I say he comes back. But if they go on a skid and look bad doing it, especially along the OL, that could tilt the balance of the decision the other way. Dunno, but as a mahomie, myself, I'm rooting for the Chiefs to win their next two games and protect Matt Moore better than they did Mahomes.

I have absolutely nothing to base this on, (besides what my eye balls tell me)...but something tells me he will be back sooner than people think...I wouldn't be surprised if it in two weeks....Vikings game...

really bummed not to see him and Rodgers go head to head next Sunday night....was really looking forward to that one...
Yeah, agree with this. Especially with the extra couple days rest here this weekend.

And that Sunday night game - I have an uncle from Wisconsin coming down for that game. One of the rare times I go to Arrowhead to watch in person. Takes a little of the zest out of that matchup. Will still be fun though.

Huh?  He’s gonna need surgery eventually.

stafford came back from same injury and played with brace. Then had the surgery after the season.
You have no idea if that is true. This article is from an anonymous alleged doctor that hasnt treated Mahomes, hasnt seen the imaging. He assumes the medial patellofemoral ligament is torn, and there is no evidence of that. The word is there is no ligament damage, the MPFL could have been stretched but remained intact, which fits with a 3 week return.

Users who are viewing this thread