What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Ranking RoS? (1 Viewer)

doyler

Footballguy
So, at this point in the season I'm a lot sketchier on where I would put QBs for the rest of the season, so I would love to hear other people's opinions on QB1s (and 2s even if you want) for the rest of the season. Not to mention the fact that I think there's even more parity on the lower end QB1s this year, but maybe I feel that way every year (Rodgers being out and Brady slumping probably skews this for me too).

Manning - the easiest choice of course

Brees - doing work, still in the elite tier, but not Manning this year

Stafford - I can't put him with the other two, but he's quietly (as quiet as he usually is) on pace for another 5000+ yard season with 30 TDs

Rivers - this is where I start to lose my ability, but the Rivers I had no faith in week 1 is still showing the old Rivers we used to know and love

Romo - I know he hasn't looked as great in some games, but with Rodgers out I don't see who could be above him here

RG3 - I think he's finally getting it together, and the emergence of Reed is only going to help

Cam - I can't help but put him slightly below RG3, but it's still a toss-up

Brady - he is finally looking better, and the pieces are falling into place (Vereen will be back soon too)

Luck - the loss of Wayne hurt him, but he's still taking it in stride

Dalton - he puts up great weeks and then less great weeks, but he's still been a QB1 as of late, and I think he'll keep it up

Ryan - Roddy coming back will help him a ton, and will let some pressure off of the run game/Gonzo

Kaep - I hate him for burning me this season, but with Crabtree's coming return and the play calling getting a bit better, I have to have him at #12

Honorable mention: Rodgers - obviously he's Rodgers, but 4-6 weeks is a big time table at this point in the season

Thoughts/agreements/disagreements?

So, at this point in the season I'm a lot sketchier on where I would put QBs for the rest of the season, so I would love to hear other people's opinions on QB1s (and 2s even if you want) for the rest of the season. Not to mention the fact that I think there's even more parity on the lower end QB1s this year, but maybe I feel that way every year (Rodgers being out and Brady slumping probably skews this for me too).

Stafford - I can't put him with the other two, but he's quietly (as quiet as he usually is) on pace for another 5000+ yard season with 30 TDs

Rivers - this is where I start to lose my ability, but the Rivers I had no faith in week 1 is still showing the old Rivers we used to know and love

Romo - I know he hasn't looked as great in some games, but with Rodgers out I don't see who could be above him here

RG3 - I think he's finally getting it together, and the emergence of Reed is only going to help

Brady - he is finally looking better, and the pieces are falling into place (Vereen will be back soon too)

Dalton - he puts up great weeks and then less great weeks, but he's still been a QB1 as of late, and I think he'll keep it up

Ryan - Roddy coming back will help him a ton, and will let some pressure off of the run game/Gonzo

Kaep - I hate him for burning me this season, but with Crabtree's coming return and the play calling getting a bit better, I have to have him at #12

Honorable mention: Rodgers - obviously he's Rodgers, but 4-6 weeks is a big time table at this point in the season

I'd keep your tier 1

Tier 2, I'd include Cam, especially if it is a 4 point pass TD league.

Tier 3, I'd have Luck ahead of RGIII, with Brady right behind him (hard for me to accept that the "old" Brady is really back, but he did look good last week)

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely agree with your tier 1 as well.

I believe if Amendola and Gronk are both on the field together, Brady can slip into the tier 2 area. He needed more reliable WR's on the field at once.

I'd also push Cam up into the Tier 2 position. Slightly above Brady and behind Romo. He is doing all this with really no strong weapons

For tier 3, I would make it...

Luck

RGIII

Kaep

Ryan(if Roddy White comes back and stays healthy)

Dalton

And obviously, when Rodgers is playing, he is a Tier 1 QB. Just unsure when that will be. I'm from Green Bay and it looks like 3 weeks is a minimum unless he is a fast healer. They fear more displacement if he gets hit or lands on it again. I also wouldn't put it past the Packers to not use him the rest of the season if it takes him 5 or 6 weeks to play and they aren't in position to make playoffs.

Russell Wilson ranks 9th among qbs in one of my leagues. Definitely rather have him than a few of those tier three guys.

I have Romo and Rivers and was thinking of dropping Romo for added WR/RB/TE depth ROS. Thoughts?
No way I would drop Romo unless you have EXTREMELY shallow benches in a 10 team league. He has the potential to put up monster game and I would not let an opponent who may be weak at QB pick him up and possibly put in the lineup against you simply to pick up depth that isnt likely to have a significant impact on your starting lineup.

I have Romo and Rivers and was thinking of dropping Romo for added WR/RB/TE depth ROS. Thoughts?
I wouldn't drop him unless there is no bench room, but you could always trade him (and maybe someone else) to upgrade a WR/RB/TE

No way Luck Dalton or Ryan ahead of Russell. #### he's equivalent to RG3 and Cam. He has more points than both and he's heating up

ryno1980 said:
Russell Wilson ranks 9th among qbs in one of my leagues. Definitely rather have him than a few of those tier three guys.
Yup, i think Wilson needs to be in the conversation. He is pretty high up in most leagues, and if Harvin comes back healthy you have to think he only goes up in ranking. he has some scary games like the game against STL, and he still had good numbers in that one because of the bomb to Tate, but i think if that is his floor and he won't have games worse then that

Manning

Brees

Romo

Rivers

Luck

Cam

Brady (definitely could move up to #3-4)

Everybody beyond this group is a crapshoot. The next 5-10 guys are inconsistent, they could either put up either Tier 2 numbers, or total crap.

Manning

Brees

Romo

Rivers

Luck

Cam

Brady (definitely could move up to #3-4)

Everybody beyond this group is a crapshoot. The next 5-10 guys are inconsistent, they could either put up either Tier 2 numbers, or total crap.
Uh, you kind of forgot Matthew Stafford there.

Understand the hesitation to put him in the top 12 list, but I believe Keenum finishes top 10 rest of the way. Nice schedule and he will continue to sling it

I think one that could sneak up on everyone is Big Ben. With the threat of a running game again, the passing game seems to be clicking. He also has Heath Miller back now too. He's currently QB15 in my league and has a pretty nice schedule the rest of the way: Buffalo, Detroit, @Cleveland, @Baltimore, Miami, Cinncy, @GB. Not too daunting by any means. Plus he's coming off his best game of the season against NE where he threw for 400yds and 4TDs.

How can you not put Cam and Wilson ahead of Rivers, Romo, and Stafford? They are outscoring them on a weekly basis and continue to have a much higher upside with their rushing ability. I'd rather have either of them then Romo and Rivers to be honest.

How can you not put Cam and Wilson ahead of Rivers, Romo, and Stafford? They are outscoring them on a weekly basis and continue to have a much higher upside with their rushing ability. I'd rather have either of them then Romo and Rivers to be honest.
Depends on which scoring system is used. If a league does not give much credit for QB rushing yards, then Cam and Wilson are below Rivers, Romo and Stafford.

I'd keep your tier 1Tier 2, I'd include Cam, especially if it is a 4 point pass TD league.

Tier 3, I'd have Luck ahead of RGIII, with Brady right behind him (hard for me to accept that the "old" Brady is really back, but he did look good last week)
It's even harder for me to accept that old Brady left that suddenly.

I'm in 17 leagues, and only in ONE is Cam and/or Wilson ranked ahead of any of the before mentioned. I understand it RoS, but I'm just sayin'.

Case Keenum should make his way to this discussion at some point.
When Rodgers went down, I was trying to decide between Keenum and Big Ben. I think Keenum could be a nice sleeper. I'm interested to see what he does against Arizona this week. The Cardinals defense should offer a good test. If he plays well, I may pick him up.

I'm in 17 leagues, and only in ONE is Cam and/or Wilson ranked ahead of any of the before mentioned. I understand it RoS, but I'm just sayin'.
17 huh? And I thought I had one too many leagues (I'm in two)

I'd keep your tier 1Tier 2, I'd include Cam, especially if it is a 4 point pass TD league.

It's even harder for me to accept that old Brady left that suddenly.
Agreed, but there were 8 weeks of evidence that the "old" Brady was gone. It took me 6 of those weeks to accept that something had changed. I'm hesitant to change my mind based on one (great) week.

ROS for me in a 6 pts/any TD league:

Brees/Peyton

Stafford

Brady

Cam

Rivers

Romo

Wilson

Luck

Kaepernick

Dalton

Big Ben

Keenum

I just don't trust Garrett/Callahan otherwise I'd have Romo neck and neck with Stafford. I probably like Luck too much based on supporting cast/scheme, but I'm admittedly a fan

17 huh? And I thought I had one too many leagues (I'm in two)
And I cut back, will need to cut back even more next year. lol

Rivers Week 14-16 is Giants, @ Broncos, Raiders...

Anyone who puts him outside the top 5 is nuts! That is as friendly of a playoff schedule as you can find.

Brady is in the top tier. He's always more efficient at the end of the season, and now he's got all his regulars back. He could outscore Manning from here on.

I believe if Amendola and Gronk are both on the field together, Brady can slip into the tier 2 area. He needed more reliable WR's on the field at once.

I'd also push Cam up into the Tier 2 position. Slightly above Brady and behind Romo. He is doing all this with really no strong weapons

Luck

RGIII

Kaep

Dalton

And obviously, when Rodgers is playing, he is a Tier 1 QB. Just unsure when that will be. I'm from Green Bay and it looks like 3 weeks is a minimum unless he is a fast healer. They fear more displacement if he gets hit or lands on it again. I also wouldn't put it past the Packers to not use him the rest of the season if it takes him 5 or 6 weeks to play and they aren't in position to make playoffs.
Kaep should be well ahead of Ryan and Dalton and I would even place him ahead of RGIII until I see a couple of big games from Griffin. Crabtree won't be much of a factor this FF seson but Manningham well give him a better deep option than hes had all season

Luck

RGIII

Kaep

Dalton

Kaep should be well ahead of Ryan and Dalton and I would even place him ahead of RGIII until I see a couple of big games from Griffin. Crabtree won't be much of a factor this FF seson but Manningham well give him a better deep option than hes had all season
Is Kaep really ahead of RG3? I know both have been disappointments, but the 49ers have shown they are a clear running team. Kaep really hasn't done much since Week 1. Not that RG3 has been a ton better, but he's had more decent games than Kaep.

If guys like Keenum and Foles are entering the discussion Locker probably has to as well, especially in 4 pt TD leagues.

The Titans clearly want to run it a good bit, but their schedule is butter soft for pass defense, Locker has been producing fairly well, and he's a threat to score with his legs too.

Jagsx2, Raiders, Broncos, Coltsx2, Cardinals and the Texans remain on his schedule. Of all those matchups, the only team that has consistently depressed QB scoring on the year is Houston. Locker draws them Week 17, so it probably won't matter for the lion's share of leagues anyway.

Cards, Colts and Raiders are all at least middling against the run, so Tennessee may not be able to run it 35-40 times in those games no matter what they'd like to do. Broncos run D has pretty much stunk, but they'll put up points on O so the Titans will likely be forced to throw that game. The two Jags games I could easily see turning into the Titans getting to run the ball 50 freaking times, since the Jags rush D is so horrid, but they're still giving up a couple passing TDs a game on top of all the yardage/scoring they give up on the ground(which Locker should get a piece of). Jacksonville's tied for the worst in league for QB rushing scores so far too, FWIW.

Luck

RGIII

Kaep

Dalton

Is Kaep really ahead of RG3? I know both have been disappointments, but the 49ers have shown they are a clear running team. Kaep really hasn't done much since Week 1. Not that RG3 has been a ton better, but he's had more decent games than Kaep.
not sure about your scoring system, but Kaep was avging about 5 pts more than RGIII per game in Oct

Rivers Week 14-16 is Giants, @ Broncos, Raiders...

Anyone who puts him outside the top 5 is nuts! That is as friendly of a playoff schedule as you can find.
I've got Rivers and Cutler in a start two QB. Cutler's playoff schedule for me is Minnesota, Dallas, Cleveland and Philly.

Romo has a cake schedule. The Saints are his toughest matchup. Except of course he has the bye week in Week 12.

I think keenum is top ten easily the rest of the way especially with foster and Tate hurt. This will be a passing offense the rest of the way and the schedule has a bunch of cupcakes.

Users who are viewing this thread