What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QBBC (1 Viewer)

OU#1

Footballguy
I didn't see any updated QBBC post in the subscribers area? Is there a subscribers forum I'm missing that might have more informative posts on QBBC? I did a search and didn't find squat for discussion. Last year there was a pretty lengthy QBBC post in the SP from what I recall.

Here's my plan as a Ex-Brady owner: I've been looking at schedules and checking out my options on the WW, my roster, and possible trades. There's not much on my WW in my 12 teamer: TJax, Flacco, Jamarcus, KC QB's. All other starters are rostered.

Currenly I'm looking at a Ryan/Cassell QBBC. :goodposting: My other QB is Griese whom I took a shot on before last weeks game. :goodposting:

Week 3: Cassell vs MIA

Week 4: Ryan @ CAR

Week 5-9: Cassel @ SF, @ SD, vs DEN, vs STL, @ IND

Week 10: Ryan vs NO

Week 11: Ryan vs DEN

Week 12: Cassel @ MIA

Week 13: Ryan @ SD

Week 14: Ryan @ NO, Cassel @ SEA (toss up)

Week 15-16: Cassel @ OAK, vs ARI

Week 17: Ryan vs STL

Doesn't look too bad on paper. I think Cassel will prove this week vs MIA if he is going to pan out or not. If I'm BB I'd have him tossing 30+ times in this game since they should build a big lead. Gotta test the waters at some point.

The dated FBG QBBC post talks about using the likes of JaMarcus, TJax, and Garrard. Obviously that isn't going to work out at this point.

Anybody got any other juicy QBBC's they'd like to share?

Other QB's that have good schedules vs weaker passing D's (based on stats from Week 1+2): Edwards, Delhomme, Hass, JT, Bulger, Griese, Cambell.

I love using QBBC, and do it most years. But you are going about it wrong.

You want 2 "pretty good" QBs to platoon. Here are some examples of good QBBC tandems:

Eli/Schaub

Rivers/Favre

Kitna/Delhomme

Campbell/T Edwards

What you have is not going to get it done. You really want to start Matt Ryan? He is on the WW in every league I'm in for a reason. I strongly suggest a trade for a QB asap.

I think Griese may actually end up your best option.

Last edited by a moderator:
JT OSullivan is another potential WW pickup that might be worthy of a spot on a QBBC. I started the season with a Hasselbeck/Garrard duo, but that plan has been scrapped quickly. Going with Garrard/OSullivan. Championship!? :yucky:

Stuck in a Garrard/Schaub scenario right now. A bit worried, and will probably look to use my RB depth to get a good QB

I love using QBBC, and do it most years. But you are going about it wrong.You want 2 "pretty good" QBs to platoon. Here are some examples of good QBBC tandems:Eli/SchaubRivers/FavreKitna/DelhommeCampbell/T EdwardsWhat you have is not going to get it done. You really want to start Matt Ryan? He is on the WW in every league I'm in for a reason. I strongly suggest a trade for a QB asap.I think Griese may actually end up your best option.
Out of those QB's you listed none of them are on the WW. I'm not happy about starting Ryan + Cassel but at least they have favorable matchups.Rivers is overpriced right now (#1 QB in my league), Eli is Top 5 (overpriced), Cambell is coming off his best performance ever, Delhomme has Smith coming back this week, Farve is overpriced due to hype. So out of all of those guys Schaub, Kitna, and Edwards are the only ones that are truly attainable for me without overpaying and quite frankly none of them really appeal much more than Cassel. I'm not going to panic until after next week. If Cassel can't get it done against MIA at home then I will start to panic. Hopefully some of these overpriced QB's will come down to earth next week as well.

I suggest going after Schaub. If healthy he's a lock for top-15, top-10 is within reach. The Texans got killed in their only game, but Schaub had solid stats.

He will come cheap because he's only played 1 game & his owner probably doesn't realize what he has. Plus you get an extra week of production from him, since his bye is over with. His price will never be lower than it is right now, move quickly.

Then kick Matt Ryan to the curb.

I don't think that he intended to use QBBC with these two QB. It was a situation that was "forced" upon him by the injury to Brady. Who he has is probablythe best that he could do with what was available.

aburt19 said:
Resident A said:
I don't think that he intended to use QBBC with these two QB. It was a situation that was "forced" upon him by the injury to Brady. Who he has is probablythe best that he could do with what was available.
Exactly.When you draft Brady in the 7 hole and pick up Ryan in round 15...

My plan entering the season was Rodgers/Delhomme, getting both relatively late in the draft after players like Garrard, Schaub, Favre. I'm rethinking the whole QBBC approach right now.

My plan entering the season was Rodgers/Delhomme, getting both relatively late in the draft after players like Garrard, Schaub, Favre. I'm rethinking the whole QBBC approach right now.
Well Archie, if you aren't happy with that duo, then QBBC is not for you. Draft a QB early next year.FWIW I lost Brady this year as well, I am currently going with Rogers/Cassel. I'm actually pretty happy about it. I would like to see Cassel start using more of his weapons, but Rogers has been great so far, so I can wait on Cassel for now.

Well Archie, if you aren't happy with that duo, then QBBC is not for you. Draft a QB early next year.FWIW I lost Brady this year as well, I am currently going with Rogers/Cassel. I'm actually pretty happy about it. I would like to see Cassel start using more of his weapons, but Rogers has been great so far, so I can wait on Cassel for now.
Kudos to you for draft Brady AND Rodgers! Wish I woulda had that much insight...

For the record, Chase's recommendation in his article was Rodgers and Garrard. So far it's been pretty outstanding value (you would have started Rodgers every game so far). I've done this in leagues (wherever possible) and in the subscriber contest.

I also drafted Brady this year. Unfortunately, I didn't draft a backup because Brady is one of the "iron men" (w/ Favre & Peyton). I have been lucky enough to pick up Cassel and JTO. Right now they look like a decent tandem. Time will tell.

For the record, Chase's recommendation in his article was Rodgers and Garrard. So far it's been pretty outstanding value (you would have started Rodgers every game so far). I've done this in leagues (wherever possible) and in the subscriber contest.
I've got this combo, too, and so far I'm happy.. but I'm a little nervous when it calls for Garrard to take the helm.Does anyone know how Chase pairs up the Strength of Schedules? I'm on board with his DTBC as well, but New Orleans looks suspect after those injuries to Gay, Fujita & Harper. I'd like to see what other teams on my WW match up with my DT1.

I just looked at Garrard and O'Sullivan's schedules up next to each other and it is pretty nice. SF in general has a nice schedule, with especially nice playoff matchups.

What about the Schaub/JTO combo? Anyone playing them? I have Schaub/Garrard, but with Garrards O-Line jacked up I am thinking of dropping him.

Here is my redraft QBBC, all plucked from the WW. Had to scrap Garrard since that O-line is decimated and its clear that he is always going to be a game manager.

JTO/Griese/Campbell (my league plays to week 15, playoffs 16 and 17)

Week 4: JTO - @NOR

Week 5: Griese - @DEN

Week 6: Campbell - STL

Week 7: Campbell - CLE

Week 8: Campbell - @DET

Week 9: Griese - @KAN

Week 10: JTO - @ARI

Week 11: JTO - STL

Week 12: Griese - @DET

Week 13: Griese - NOR

Week 14: JTO - NYJ

Week 15: Campbell - @CIN

Week 16: JTO - @STL

Week 17: Griese - OAK

Only one potential bad weather week (15) and. Griese will need to fling against DEN and NOR I am betting to keep pace. Campbell is very comfortable at home and his 2 road games are 2 putrid D's (Det and Cin).

Hope this helps. I am very comfortable with this setup and am glad that I was the last person in my league to grab a QB. Afforded me the luxury of a deep roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pray Warner does not get killed before either DA gets his stuff straight or Big Ben gets healthy... two seperate leagues

Users who are viewing this thread