What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Questions for Guillotine League Players (1 Viewer)

Lehigh98

Footballguy
I'd like to start up a guillotine league with some friends and I'm setting up parameters on MFL and interested in your thoughts on preferred format and rules.  Could you please weigh in and let me know your preference and pros and cons of each of the following so I can set up the best rules for an enjoyable guillotine league?

I plan on setting up a league of 18 teams where one is eliminated each week through W17 instead of a final four or playoffs.

I'm thinking of having rosters of 8 with QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex and 6 bench spots (no IR, etc).

I've seen a few using superflex but that seems crazy with 18 teams?  QBs would be overvalued / scarce pretty quickly?

I prefer and have been using best ball for my other leagues but not sure how it would affect the nature of worst team getting knocked out each week.  I would think it would generally smooth out the scores and limit bad games / outliers.  Not sure if that's less fun / exciting?  Anyone playing in a guillotine best ball league?

I was planning on one run of Blind Bidding on Weds night and then FCFS after it runs but I see the Guillotine Leagues website says that it has runs on both Weds and Thurs?  How have you set up your bidding and FA?  What is your preference?  Also, are dropped players immediately available a for FCFS or do you lock until next BB run?

Do you stop doing BB and FA at a certain point or continue all the way to the end?  (Guillotine Leagues website stops at W14)

Does your league allow trading?  Pros / cons there in this format? (Guillotine Leagues public leagues have no trading)

I was planning on using standard PPR scoring, any thoughts on preferred scoring parameters?

Any other things that I'm missing or interesting things your league does that I could borrow to make this as fun as possible as a new format for my old leaguemates?

TIA!

I'd like to start up a guillotine league with some friends and I'm setting up parameters on MFL and interested in your thoughts on preferred format and rules.  Could you please weigh in and let me know your preference and pros and cons of each of the following so I can set up the best rules for an enjoyable guillotine league?

I plan on setting up a league of 18 teams where one is eliminated each week through W17 instead of a final four or playoffs.

I'm thinking of having rosters of 8 with QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex and 6 bench spots (no IR, etc).

I've seen a few using superflex but that seems crazy with 18 teams?  QBs would be overvalued / scarce pretty quickly?

This is totally dependent upon the scoring.  If you balance the scoring so QB's aren't the top 25 scorers in your league then you can do SF without QB's being so powerful.  

Users who are viewing this thread