What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random funny/fascinating/cool/odd stuff: Study finds HUGS can relieve pain, anxiety, and depression (1 Viewer)

Intriguing story if you haven't heard about it...

tl;dr = Long-missing girl from the Vatican. Family got a letter that she might be buried in the Vatican cemetery. Officials open a couple of tombs. No girl. Also the people who were supposed to be in those tombs weren't in there either. Looked as if the tombs may have been recently opened and resealed. :popcorn:  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/11/emanuela-orlandi-at-vatican-empty-tombs-add-new-twist-to-missing-girl-mystery
Crazy!  But how/why would a girl who went missing in 1983 be inside the graves of those individuals who died in 1836 or 1840, roughly 150 years earlier?

Crazy!  But how/why would a girl who went missing in 1983 be inside the graves of those individuals who died in 1836 or 1840, roughly 150 years earlier?
They were thinking (and I think had a tip) that her body may have been located in one of the tombs. As in, someone killed her, opened the sealed tombs and stashed her body in there. Hence the importance of the tombs looking to be recently opened and resealed. 

Fascinating(?)/not funny: the story of John Chau, the missionary killed trying to visit the remote/uncontacted North Sentinelese tribe in the Indian Ocean.
fascinating alright in that it was an interesting peek at mental illness and a world of religiosity that i was not aware existed to this level. 

frightening to me

leave those people the hell alone

this is amazing!

A state-of-the-art brain-computer interface has allowed a paralyzed patient to communicate simply by thinking of words

tl:dr summary:

A state-of-the-art brain-computer interface has allowed a paralyzed patient to communicate simply by thinking of words, according to a new study. Scientists say it is the first successful decoding of full words via electrical brain signals. Previous work on similar neuroprosthetics had focused on translating individual letters. 

The patient lost their ability to speak after a debilitating stroke 15 years ago that severely damaged the connection between their brain and the vocal tract and limbs. The experimental approach surgically implanted a small array of electrodes to the region of the brain responsible for communicating with the vocal tract. Electrical signals were then studied across 50 sessions as the patient imagined speaking different words aloud, translating the signals into text on a screen. 

The breakthrough had limitations—the system was only about 75% accurate on average, and the patient's vocabulary is thus far limited to about 50 words.

This is pretty damn amazing. 

America's Got Talent: Kodi Lee

edited to add another link...first one seems to say "private" now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAPkOxRnh4c
Great performance. The constant cuts to the panel's reactions are  :lol: and  :wall:

(I'd read that some are pre and post recorded and edited during production)  

this is one of the greatest things ive ever watched thanks for posting it you made my day go tell your grandma she is a brohan and take that to the bank 

Users who are viewing this thread