What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Randy Moss...anyone have him riding the pine week 3? (1 Viewer)

SteelerMurf

Footballguy
I tend to overreact on WRs having a bad game, but think my concerns are valid and I REALLY want to put him on the bench for Jennings but I just have a feeling that with Pats RBs injured, Porter calling out Caashole, Moss 4 TDs last year, the way Arizona abused their secondary...that this may be the week Bellichick tries to open it up somewhat. I had Jennings in the lineup a couple days but took him out realizing it was only one bad week and Moss did drop a 50 yard underthrown ball that should have at least left him with 70+ yards if he only made that catch. IF Caashole wouldn't have underthrew him it would have been a TD easily.

Anyone else tempted to sit Moss this week?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a tough decision having to pick 3 WRs out of this:

Burress vs Cincy

Moss vs Fins

Eddie Royal vs Saints

Bryant Johnson vs Detroit

I am thinking of benching Johnson right now.....tough choices. But it is between Johnson and Royal; no way I bench Moss against a bad Fins secondary and this game is in NE. I see some bombs Moss' way today.

I tend to overreact on WRs having a bad game, but think my concerns are valid and I REALLY want to put him on the bench for Jennings but I just have a feeling that with Pats RBs injured, Porter calling out Caashole, Moss 4 TDs last year, the way Arizona abused their secondary...that this may be the week Bellichick tries to open it up somewhat. I had Jennings in the lineup a couple days but took him out realizing it was only one bad week and Moss did drop a 50 yard underthrown ball that should have at least left him with 70+ yards if he only made that catch. IF Caashole wouldn't have underthrew him it would have been a TD easily.

the first step is recognizing you have a problem.

the first step is recognizing you have a problem.
Yes, yes I do. :lmao:

This is NOT the matchup to bench Moss. MIA is giving up 270+ through the air, and if ever the Pats are going to give a little rope to their new QB, this is the game.

I'm not thrilled with Moss' outlook this year, given the 1st round pick used to acquire him, but he's still better than my WR4/5 options.

I just inserted Jennings in place of Moss. I wouldn't bench Moss for a lesser option than Jennings though. Maybe Moss goes off on the Dolphins, but I know Jennings will get plenty of looks against the Cowboys.

Well, I benched him last week and that worked out (started Boldin and Calvin Johnson). Right now, I've still got Boldin @ WAS and Calvin @ SF, but I'm sorely tempted to get Moss in for Boldin (Royal vs NO not in the mix at least this week). Historically, I don't think AZ does well at WAS (recollection of Warner fumbles and interceptions). But the little history on Cassel inspires little confidence. Of course it is MIA.

:confused:

Remember Moss' TDs against the Fins last year? They were just jumpballs into double coverage in the endzone. If Cassell has the stones to give Moss a chance he will light it up today, regardless of how good or bad he is. I could've thrown those 4 TDs to Moss against the Fins last year....they were awful throws.

caashole?
ummmm, come on it's a play on words....Cassell... Cassh*leCassh*le cause he doesn't look Moss' way. Get it?
ohhhh....I get it now.I just couldn't figure out why you were already hatin' on a back-up --- even as a glasslisberger backer.if it makes you feel any better, he said on 'eei that he really wants to get moss more involved, and welker would probably get pissed at him for saying it, but he'd like to throw to randy every play, if he could.when he lights you guys up in week 13 I'll be crackin' up at 'cassh*le'.

Last edited by a moderator:
caashole?
ummmm, come on it's a play on words....Cassell... Cassh*leCassh*le cause he doesn't look Moss' way. Get it?
ohhhh....I get it now.I just couldn't figure out why you were already hatin' on a back-up --- even as a glasslisberger backer.

if it makes you feel any better, he said on 'eei that he really wants to get moss more involved, and welker would probably get pissed at him for saying it, but he'd like to throw to randy every play, if he could.

when he lights you guys up in week 13 I'll be crackin' up at 'cassh*le'.
Are you kidding me? Get back to me when your team's QB gets hit by a Chrysler New Yorker with nothing protecting his head or body, goes through 10 hours of surgery, and is playing 2 months laterAnd Im not a Moss owner, but Im glad the guy whose in 1st in my $$ league traded Edge, Winslow, Scheffler, and VJax for Moss and Dalas Clark

he is benched for Ike Bruce, Calvin and Bowe going forward...

Can Cassel throw farther 15yards? i haven't seen him play... I expected MUCH more for Randy after Brady went down...

what's the deal???

Users who are viewing this thread