What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate out Best Ball Teams Here (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
I'll start

Standard FFPC top 3 place, PPR, 1/2/2/2/1(two flex), TE 1.5PR, 12 teams

QB:  6.09 Dak Prescott

QB:  8.09 Russel Wilson

RB:  2.09 Aaron Jones

RB:  4.09 Antonio Gibson

RB:  5.04 David Montgomery

RB:  10.09 Rhamondre Stevenson

RB:  13.04 Rachaad White

RB:  14.09 James Robinson

WR:  1.04 Cooper Kupp

WR:  7.04 Darnell Mooney

WR:  9.04 Garret Wilson

WR:  15.04 Jakobi Meyers

WR:  19.04 Corey Davis

WR:  21.04 Sammy Watkins

WR:  22.09 Marvin Jones

WR:  26.09 Bryan Edwards

WR:  27.04 Devin Duvernay

WR:  28.04 Jauan Jennings

TE:  3.04 George Kittle

TE:  11.04 Hunter Henry

TE:  12.09 David Njoku

4 Defenses and 3 Kickers

This team is pretty unique build from what is typically seen in BB. I would say this can be called 'Hero WR' draft strategy. You essentially punted WRs from RDs 2-6. 

What you sacrificed is a good core of WRs and gained adv. at other positions that give you a higher floor, but you also capped upside by passing on the prolific WRs that could give you wins on their blow up weeks. 

I also don't see any tandems with your pass catchers and QBs. I think grabbing Wilson or Dak you should have tried to come away with more Den/Dal pass catchers in the late Rds, Tim Patrick/K.J. Hamer would have been a good move over some other WRs and it would have got you away from drafting BPA/ADP. 

I'm curious though what was your strategy? Going into the draft/and after the 4th RD? I think that Rds 2-6 was where you prolly were looking at BPA and then WRs prolly were gobbled up and then you doubled down and took value where it fell?

I'll start

4 Defenses and 3 Kickers
Dak and Russ is a strong qb pair.  I usually like a third qb with the deep rosters but when you have two good ones it's a luxury.  

You'll probably get two good games a week from Jones Gibson Montgomery. Not dominant but good. Surprised you got Montgomery in the 5th and Gibson in the 4th - adp aside I'll take Montgomery. Rhamondre is a warm body in case of injury and could keep you afloat during injuries and bye weeks - and he could contribute a couple weeks here or there on his own.  Not bad for the price.  I don't think white has a lot of value even in ppr. James Robinson is probably not going to contribute much but if he does it will be later in the season - which is OK for a guy who's pure injury depth on your roster.  

Kupp was ridiculous last year and he might be able to repeat it.  I can't argue with elite talent early.  The challenge i see with this group is that you have a lot of jagged scoring after him but not a lot of floor. Mooney, Garret Wilson, jakobi, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones... all guys who can contribute a 20 point week here or there and i expect your wr2 position to be pretty solid but you have two flex spots and will be relying on your third wr, rb2 or te2 for your first flex, and something weaker for your second.  I do like that you grabbed so many wrs late. 

I'm a big Kittle fan and drafted him in a ffpc recently but you can't count on him as a full year producer and that means you can't assume your te depth will fill in in the flex.  There will probably be weeks that you have a te in your flex or even both flexes, but more often than not they'll be a boring 10 point 4/40 or 2/10/1. 

Kicker scoring is probably worth discussing because they do have long kick bonuses.  You can get 5 xp for 5 points or one 50 yard kick.  A deep group of strong legged kickers probably offers some advantage over a 19th round receiver.  Defenses are really volatile in that system but pretty low scoring - it's basically just turnovers and touchdowns.  Again i think there's some advantage to having 3, maybe 4. 

Overall i think you're well balanced, strong at qb and wr1, and pretty solid at rb and TE, but flex is pretty weak. There's not a ton of sexy young upside but the receiver depth will make or break this team.  

I'll start

4 Defenses and 3 Kickers

Your team construct is one that is pretty close to my preferred strategy in 28 round BB drafts. If things go way I plan I draft 3 each at QB, K and D and you were fairly close. I load up on RB's early, fade WR's a little early and then load up on them later.

QB: Dak seems like you went a little early especially without a hookup attached. Wilson was good value. Like I said I normally go with 3 QB's but I don't normally pick two this early and with two like this I'd be comfortable holding at 2.

RB: strong group but one area I differ is I"m more into handcuffing then you would seem to be. Dillon's expensive but if it was me I'd have liked to have landed a Herbert or Robinson, at least one to feel like I own a backfield.

WR: Obviously after Kupp the position seems like the potential fly in the ointment where you hope you threw enough stuff to stick. I must say  I'm not a big fan of the group, not enough upside to me I also don't know what your other options would be. As some mentioned a QB hookup would have been good as well.

TE: Kittle likely has some down weeks with Lance but also some blow up weeks. Hunter Henry is a much better BB TE.  Good group but with Kittle as TE1 I'd probably have held off on my third TE that early.

QBJoe BurrowCIN107.06

QBJared GoffDET614.07

QBDavis MillsHOU615.06

RBMarlon MackHOU617.06

RBRashaad PennySEA118.07

RBNick ChubbCLE92.07

RBEzekiel ElliottDAL94.07

RBKen WalkerSEA115.06

RBTony PollardDAL96.07

RBBoston ScottPHI726.07

WRSammy WatkinsGB1422.07

WRKendrick BourneNE1023.06

WRRandall CobbGB1424.07

WROdell BeckhamFA1825.06

WRKeenan AllenLAC83.06

WRHunter RenfrowLV69.06

WRGarrett WilsonNYJ1010.07

WRMichael GallupDAL911.06

WRChase ClaypoolPIT912.07

TEDavid NjokuCLE913.06

TETravis KelceKC81.06

TEAdam TrautmanNO1420.07

TERicky Seals-JonesNYG927.06

PKGreg ZuerleinNYJ1019.06

PKYounghoe KooATL1416.07

DFIND Team DefenseIND1418.07

DFPHI Team DefensePHI721.06

DFDET Team DefenseDET628.07

I just finished this one. Will post my thought process in a moment

Qb - Burrow is my starter. I am fairly high on him this year, not as qb1 overall but as a solid mid level qb with a little upside.  I want two cheap volatile backups. Goff isn't a sexy pick but he's got the receiving corps to have some blow up weeks.  Mills will probably be playing from behind a lot. Solid, not the strongest but not the weakest.  

Running back- like @TripItUp i want to get a couple starters early.  Like @menobrowni like to get my backups.  I like zeke this year and was shocked his adp is so low, i almost took him in the third but i feel exactly the same about chubb. Backed zeke up with Pollard which was expensive. Took the kw3/penny duo, another cheap starter/ expensive backup.  Marlon Mack could be the starter. Worth a flyer late.  This is a pretty strong group, should get three quality scores a week most weeks because they are all run heavy teams and the backups are productive. 

Receiver is deliberately weak.  I wanted one anchor in Keenan Allen and then a bunch of guys who should get targets.  Deep threats are overrated in ppr best ball imo.  Allen has a pretty high floor most weeks with 100 receptions in both of his years with Herbert.  Renfrow may not get as many targets this year as last,  but he's still a pretty good floor most weeks and some upside.  Gallup is the de facto wr2 and should get more targets in Amari's absence.   Garrett Wilson, Claypool, Bourne all should have real roles most weeks. Watkins/ cobb may be the target du jour a couple times each.  Obj is a lottery ticket that late. 

Kelce was my first pick mostly because I didn't want to anchor with a wr1 and didn't love the rb1s. He should be the top guy in kc and the te1 overall although Andrews is right there.  Njoku/trautman/rsj are a te2bc for his bye week or injury and might contribute as a flex once in a blue moon but the bulk of my flex weeks will come from my rb3 and wr3bc. 

I should have taken 3 kickers but got two decent ones.

I did take 3 defenses.  

I'll start

4 Defenses and 3 Kickers
This seems a bit risky to me. I get that WR is deep, and that RBs get hurt a lot, but it's kind of a motley crew of oft-injured RBs & RBBC guys as well. I would have liked to have seen a stud or two at RB considering the relative weakness at the WR position.  Also Kittle is a bit risky this year as well - both his injury history, play style, and (likely) change at QB. And at 1.04 you're essentially paying for Kupp's 2022 stats, which I'm a bit skeptical he repeats. And 2 QBs seems risky as well. 

Hard to judge a BB format though - maybe it works out. Just a gut reaction. You really, really need Dak to return to his pre-injury form. Russ needs a resurgence as well, now that I think about it. Everyone is assuming  he's going to be a monster in DEN, and hey, he might well be. But there's also a chance that some of his struggles in SEA were on him, and not just a byproduct of a declining team around him. 

But risk/reward, if you hit on a few of your early picks, you should compete. 

Last edited by a moderator:
QBJoe BurrowCIN107.06

QBJared GoffDET614.07

QBDavis MillsHOU615.06

RBMarlon MackHOU617.06

RBRashaad PennySEA118.07

RBNick ChubbCLE92.07

RBKen WalkerSEA115.06

RBTony PollardDAL96.07

RBBoston ScottPHI726.07

WRSammy WatkinsGB1422.07

WRRandall CobbGB1424.07

WROdell BeckhamFA1825.06

WRKeenan AllenLAC83.06

WRHunter RenfrowLV69.06

TEDavid NjokuCLE913.06

TETravis KelceKC81.06

TEAdam TrautmanNO1420.07

PKYounghoe KooATL1416.07

I like this team a bit more than Trip's, mostly because I like the receivers more. RB is a little suspect, but you know this. I do like that you have 3 QBs. IMO, that sort of depth helps to hedge a ton in this format. And I definitely like Kelce. I agree Zeke was a bargain, though I'm not that high on Zeke. I also like that you have  5 TEs just in case. I kinda feel like some weeks, especially early on,  opponents are going to key in on Kelce & bracket him to dare Mahomes to beat them with JJSS, Hardman, Moore & Co. That's going to be interesting to watch in the 1st few games. 

RB: strong group but one area I differ is I"m more into handcuffing then you would seem to be. Dillon's expensive but if it was me I'd have liked to have landed a Herbert or Robinson, at least one to feel like I own a backfield.
In this format I would think handcuffing is absolutely critical. 

QBJoe BurrowCIN107.06

QBJared GoffDET614.07

QBDavis MillsHOU615.06

RBMarlon MackHOU617.06

RBRashaad PennySEA118.07

RBNick ChubbCLE92.07

RBKen WalkerSEA115.06

RBTony PollardDAL96.07

RBBoston ScottPHI726.07

WRSammy WatkinsGB1422.07

WRRandall CobbGB1424.07

WROdell BeckhamFA1825.06

WRKeenan AllenLAC83.06

WRHunter RenfrowLV69.06

TEDavid NjokuCLE913.06

TETravis KelceKC81.06

TEAdam TrautmanNO1420.07

PKYounghoe KooATL1416.07

I like this team and here are notable area's I like it over Trip's.

QB-this is more my approach of getting a top QB, punting on it after awhile if I do, but ending up with 3.

RB- two handcuffs and in particular like the cost of that SEA duo right now.

WR-Not as good a WR1 as Trip but on the whole a better group. Only quibble I got is you took two WR's I don't expect to be available for while in Odell and Gallup but still maybe having 7 is enough to carry you until they get back.

TE-I prefer to carry 4 which you did because I feel like TE's get injured a lot.

K-one area I did not like. Zuerlien I believe has missed time on two occasions with an injury and was so shaky at times last year their was talk of cutting him. Saying that he individually is not the problem, it's that you did not get a third.

I've only done one of these 28 round BB drafts in FFPC and it was when the playoffs were still going on. I'll post it but keep in mind this is before playoffs were over, no combine, no FA, no trades, etc,etc. A lot of guessing on stuff and due to that not the way I always build my teams but here is what I did back in late January.

QB:

8.6 (QB12) Russell Wilson

10.6 (QB18)  Ryan Tannehill

12.6 (QB25)- Matt Ryan

RB:

1.7 (RB3) - Derrick Henry

2.6(RB11)- Cam Akers

4.6 (RB20)- Zeke Elliot

6.7 (RB25)- Fournette

7.6 (RB31)- Kareem Hunt

17.7 (RB53)- Ke'Shawn Vaughn

24.6 (RB65)- D'Ernest Johnson

WR:

3.7- (WR11) Keenan Allen

5.7- (WR22) Amari Cooper

9.7(WR41)- Kadarius Toney

15.7 (WR60)- Laviska Shenault

18.6 (WR66)- Will Fuller

23.6 (WR84)- David Bell

27.7- (WR99)Jalen Tolbert

28.6- (WR101)Skyy Moore

TE:

11.7(TE17)- Zach Ertz

16.6 (TE23)- Gronk

19.7- (TE26)Njoku

25.6- (TE39)Isaiah Likely

26.7 (TE43)Jalen Wydermeyer

TD:

20-22nd round: (D's 13,20 and 24) Balt, GB, NYG

K:

13-14:(K's 5 and 7) Bass and Koo

Some good, some bad, some great value and what looks like a few wasted picks.

would like to share some of the UD drafts ive done, but linking the results is proving difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only done one of these 28 round BB drafts in FFPC and it was when the playoffs were still going on. I'll post it but keep in mind this is before playoffs were over, no combine, no FA, no trades, etc,etc. A lot of guessing on stuff and due to that not the way I always build my teams but here is what I did back in late January.

QB:

8.6 (QB12) Russell Wilson

10.6 (QB18)  Ryan Tannehill

12.6 (QB25)- Matt Ryan

RB:

1.7 (RB3) - Derrick Henry

2.6(RB11)- Cam Akers

4.6 (RB20)- Zeke Elliot

6.7 (RB25)- Fournette

7.6 (RB31)- Kareem Hunt

17.7 (RB53)- Ke'Shawn Vaughn

24.6 (RB65)- D'Ernest Johnson

WR:

3.7- (WR11) Keenan Allen

5.7- (WR22) Amari Cooper

9.7(WR41)- Kadarius Toney

15.7 (WR60)- Laviska Shenault

18.6 (WR66)- Will Fuller

23.6 (WR84)- David Bell

27.7- (WR99)Jalen Tolbert

28.6- (WR101)Skyy Moore

TE:

11.7(TE17)- Zach Ertz

16.6 (TE23)- Gronk

19.7- (TE26)Njoku

25.6- (TE39)Isaiah Likely

26.7 (TE43)Jalen Wydermeyer

TD:

20-22nd round: (D's 13,20 and 24) Balt, GB, NYG

K:

13-14:(K's 5 and 7) Bass and Koo

Some good, some bad, some great value and what looks like a few wasted picks.
I like this roster construction although again i think we both would prefer 3 kickers in this format.  

Russ/Tannehill/Ryan is a solid 3, obviously a lot has changed for all 3 of them but my only critique would be that they're relatively expensive backups for the upside.  And that's picking nits because Tannehill seemed to have higher upside before the trade. 

4 solid starters at running back and hunt for depth.  That's definitely the strength of your team.  I don't know what the draft board looked like at each pick but I feel like you might be slightly over invested at rb for ppr - those guys are all good but you'll probably get a lot of 12-15 point weeks from them so I'd rather have 3 and another good receiver if i could instead of spending 5 of my first 7 picks at the position.  But you did great at wr and te considering so not a big deal. Love that you didn't touch the position again until late and only to get backups for guys you owned.  There was a brief window where people thought Vaughn would get a shot and fournette would move on so that was a bonus. 

Allen and Cooper as your steady eddy starters is pretty solid. I don't love Toney for this build - he's an upside play but you're lighter at wr and can't afford a total whiff (which was a concern when you drafted). Same thing with the receivers you took afterwards - there's a very real chance that you'll only have two or three receivers who are contributing and you score like 5 points in ppr... plus have rbs in the flex.  Unless those backs go off together those weeks can be crippling.  

Ertz gronk njoku were all great value at the time and still good.  With te premium you'll be in a hole against the top teams but everyone is weak somewhere and you're not too bad here.  

Think about what your team looks like most weeks - probably get good scoring from 2 of your 3 qbs but you can only use one of them.  You'll probably get 20 points from 3 of your 5 rbs, and you start two and use the third in the flex, probably get 15-20 most weeks from two of your receivers but some weeks you won't, and unless the later round guys pan out you probably won't get much in the flex. And depending what happens with your tight ends you might get some 20 point weeks. 

The winner in these things usually guys putting up 20 in almost every position. I think you'd be better set up to do that with one more wr and one fewer rb but skyy, fuller, toney etc could pan out and then you'll be very strong.  

This is another one I'm in the middle of with a different build but some overlap.  This is one of the tournament formats so I'm a little more open to young upside receivers or guys who won't play right away like Hopkins but mostly playing the same.  I want guys who can get hot towards the end of the year but i mostly want to have a deep group with consistent scoring at every position.  

QBJoe BurrowCIN107.06

QBMatt RyanIND1412.07

RBNyheim HinesIND1413.06

RBRashaad PennySEA118.07

RBAJ DillonGB146.07

RBAaron JonesGB142.07

WRAllen RobinsonLAR75.06

WRJa'Marr ChaseCIN101.06

WRChris OlaveNO1410.07

TERobert TonyanGB1411.06

TEMike GesickiMIA119.06

TEGeorge KittleSF93.06

Again with Burrow although I'm not specifically targeting him, and this time Ryan.  I'll probably take another cheap qb. 

Jones/dillon and zeke should tide me over with consistent good production and hopefully penny/ hines can give me a couple upside weeks. I would have been comfortable with 4 rbs to cover the 2 starting rb slots... adding a 5th feels like I'm strengthening my 2nd rb spot, not my flex.  

Chase is my anchor at wr.  Robinson and olave both have upside but not much floor, especially early in the season. This will be my focus in the upcoming rounds. 

Kittle is not a safe te1 but he's got the ability to absolutely blow up.  I like tonyan to pick up some targets and also as a hedge for jones/dillon's down weeks.  Gesicki is one of the most volatile tight ends, which is perfect for some flex scoring. There will definitely be weeks i use two te scores, and probably one or two where i use all three. 

As of right now I'm weak at wr2 and my second flex, and I'll need wrs for both.  I may take another qb and te, but done at rb.  

Users who are viewing this thread