What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (1 Viewer)

Ingram & Kamara combined for 25 TDs last season. That's NOT sustainable, especially with upgraded receiving options in Smith & Meredith not to mention the Taysom GL package.

Kamara is still going to be a PPR stud, but a lot of us play in non-PPR leagues (don't get me started on why PPR sucks, LOL). In either format, their production is likely to take a hit this season, IMO.

At least one of them has the potential to take a fairly BIG hit this season & it looks like that might be Kamara. Payton doesn't care about our magic football teams. His goal is to keep both guys healthy & make the playoffs.

I'm not predicting a big decline, but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them doesn't live up to their billing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but this is BS. Last night Ingram got 72% of the carries between them. Last year you have to go back to week 4 for the last time Ingram got that high a % of carries between the 2 (excluding the game Kamara got concussed on his first carry thus knocking me out of the playoffs). These were the % of carries Ingram got between the two since week 4 of last year:

74%, 71%, 71%, 69%, 62%, 64%, 58%, 69%, 92% (Kamara concussed), 50%, 52%, 59%...

See a trend here? Last night was definitely an outlier.
Can I borrow your hair-splitter this weekend?  That bad boy is razor sharp and I have a conversation scheduled with the ex about getting some stuff back.

Just received an offer including Kamara in one league. May not be helpful without much context or representative of what to expect, but anyway, he offered me AK plus Agholor for my Davante Adams and Kareem Hunt. I declined.
I own Hunt and would do this. Hunt (RB10) has been very TD dependent. 

26.2 ppg  Vs 15.4 ppg

Just received an offer including Kamara in one league. May not be helpful without much context or representative of what to expect, but anyway, he offered me AK plus Agholor for my Davante Adams and Kareem Hunt. I declined.
I would have jumped on that deal in a heartbeat. I own kamara and getting Adam's with hunt, wouldn't think twice about it. 

I didn't watch the video, Chris Harris is a JAG.  I'm guessing Chris didn't say that Kamara is a generational talent who is clearly better than all other players in his generation.  

Barry Sanders was a generational talent.  Saquan looks like he is too. 
I think it's too early to compare Sanders and Kamara, but that is the comparison that comes to mind. 

We're lucky to be able to watch this level of talent playing. 

I think it's too early to compare Sanders and Kamara, but that is the comparison that comes to mind. 

We're lucky to be able to watch this level of talent playing. 
Kamara is great, but he is not anywhere close to level of talent that Barry Sanders had.  It's certainly not too early to say that. 

Ingram & Kamara combined for 25 TDs last season. That's NOT sustainable...
They are on pace for 25.6 TDs this year. They may come up a little short but, after 23 games, I see no reason to be overly concerned that either will see a significant drop in scoring opportunities.

kittenmittens said:
Kamara is great, but he is not anywhere close to level of talent that Barry Sanders had.  It's certainly not too early to say that. 
Agreed. It shouldn't even be a discussion. 

kittenmittens said:
He’s a totally different type of player. I recently heard Greg Cosell say that in all his years he’s never seen anyone like Kamara.  

kittenmittens said:
I always feel like when people compare any RB to Barry Sanders, the only answer is they just didn't watch enough Barry Sanders.  It's really unlikely that we will see another Barry Sanders, or anything comparable.  He was one of a kind.

I didn't watch the video, Chris Harris is a JAG.  I'm guessing Chris didn't say that Kamara is a generational talent who is clearly better than all other players in his generation.  

Barry Sanders was a generational talent.  Saquan looks like he is too. 
Chris Harris just said that Kenny Golladay equals AJ Green.  Cmon man...  Golladay looks great, but not even close... 

Chris Harris just said that Kenny Golladay equals AJ Green.  Cmon man...  Golladay looks great, but not even close... 
Don't rely on what others say or think. I try to form my opinions by watching the player on the field, and forming my conclusions based on how they look compared to those around. That's enabled me to draft players like Arian Foster and Travis Kelce in dynasty before most people are aware of them. Of course it doesn't always work . . . :-)

Harris' videos are useful as a great way to watch actual player video and make up your own mind. 

He’s a totally different type of player. I recently heard Greg Cosell say that in all his years he’s never seen anyone like Kamara.  
Just for kicks: I'd say Alvin Kamara's closest physical match is prime Walter Payton. Both in body type and style of play.

Don't rely on what others say or think. I try to form my opinions by watching the player on the field, and forming my conclusions based on how they look compared to those around. That's enabled me to draft players like Arian Foster and Travis Kelce in dynasty before most people are aware of them. Of course it doesn't always work . . . :-)

Harris' videos are useful as a great way to watch actual player video and make up your own mind. 
Yes I totaly agree with this.  Always make up your own opinion and do so through watching the players actually play.  Obviously I like Harris enough to even hear what he says, just think his talent evaluation skills are not anything special.  Many on this forum are just as good or better. 

Bringing back to Kamara, I think he's awesome, but probably not that generational once every 20 years type of talent.  Those guys are usually elite at everything and incredible in a few areas whereas Kamara is elite in some areas and doesn't seem to have major weaknesses, but just isn't quite at that hall of fame type level. 

I suppose you can say that a generational talent is more of a type of player in terms of Kamara is this generations Marshall Faulk, I just usually think of it differently. 

kittenmittens said:
Yes I totaly agree with this.  Always make up your own opinion and do so through watching the players actually play.  Obviously I like Harris enough to even hear what he says, just think his talent evaluation skills are not anything special.  Many on this forum are just as good or better. 

Bringing back to Kamara, I think he's awesome, but probably not that generational once every 20 years type of talent.  Those guys are usually elite at everything and incredible in a few areas whereas Kamara is elite in some areas and doesn't seem to have major weaknesses, but just isn't quite at that hall of fame type level. 

I suppose you can say that a generational talent is more of a type of player in terms of Kamara is this generations Marshall Faulk, I just usually think of it differently. 
Yes, I would define it a little differently, I was thinking of players who define their generation. Like Rodgers, AB, and Bell. But you're probably closer to how most think. 

It's too early to judge these guys, but love watching them play. Barkley has such AMAZING moves and burst, and Kamara seems to move at a different speed than anyone else on the field. 

And noone will ever compare to the great Barry.

Anyone worried at all about Taysum Hill?  Yeah Ingram will get his carries and what not but now there is a 3rd mouth to feed out of that backfield especially on those goal line situations and Hill does have the option to keep it and he probably will in most cases down there.

Anyone worried at all about Taysum Hill?  Yeah Ingram will get his carries and what not but now there is a 3rd mouth to feed out of that backfield especially on those goal line situations and Hill does have the option to keep it and he probably will in most cases down there.

He has 12 carries and 2 pass attempts. It's a wrinkle, and not something I'm overly worried about. They aren't going to take Brees off the field in the redzone very often, but they want it on tape for some shenanigans later in the year. 

Swinging for the fences at 2-4. Traded Fournette, Yeldon, and Edelman for Kamara. Now we'll start both Kamara & Ingram from here on out barring an injury.

I always liked the idea of owning both of these studs and starting them both at the same time. Pretty good chance one of them has a good game. Decent chance both have good games, and slim chance neither has a good game. My chips are ALL IN on Kamara & Ingram ROS. 

Side note: Had to swing again by trading both Ito Smith and Marquise Goodwin for Ju Ju. Gotta make a run to stay in the game.

Kamara isn’t an all time great like Video game Barry Sanders. Easily a top 2-3 Rb of all time. There is literally no one that can compare to him. 

Barry >>>>> Kamara all day all night 

Swinging for the fences at 2-4. Traded Fournette, Yeldon, and Edelman for Kamara. Now we'll start both Kamara & Ingram from here on out barring an injury.

I always liked the idea of owning both of these studs and starting them both at the same time. Pretty good chance one of them has a good game. Decent chance both have good games, and slim chance neither has a good game. My chips are ALL IN on Kamara & Ingram ROS. 

Side note: Had to swing again by trading both Ito Smith and Marquise Goodwin for Ju Ju. Gotta make a run to stay in the game.
Helps to play with bad owners.  :thumbup:

Helps to play with bad owners.  :thumbup:
Perhaps a little lucky on the trades, Tombo. (Or skillful lol - I spent a lot of time researching these trades). Kamara owner frustrated after one poor game. Ju Ju (on a bye) owner was in a bind and it was the perfect time to package Ito and Marquise. Hey, either or / both of them could end up being good plays? Who knows?

wish i played in your league, wtf is that juju trade, lol

Does anyone in your league actually watch football? Those are horrible trades.

Perhaps a little lucky on the trades, Tombo. (Or skillful lol - I spent a lot of time researching these trades). Kamara owner frustrated after one poor game. Ju Ju (on a bye) owner was in a bind and it was the perfect time to package Ito and Marquise. Hey, either or / both of them could end up being good plays? Who knows?
I just can't believe your 2-4 playing with these chumps. ?

Any fellow Kamara owners willing to go in on making Taysom Hill disappear? Brees owners feel free to chime in as well. I might know some people who know people in New Orleans.

Any fellow Kamara owners willing to go in on making Taysom Hill disappear? Brees owners feel free to chime in as well. I might know some people who know people in New Orleans.
i  have ingram, thomas, and kamara.... but it'd be a real shame if taysom left... real shame 

i  have ingram, thomas, and kamara.... but it'd be a real shame if taysom left... real shame 
I don't mind the way they use Taysom.

One of these days on the read option if he actually gives to Kamara, Kamara is going to be GONE through a huge hole.

Users who are viewing this thread