What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Boston Scott, PHI (2 Viewers)

I'm starting him. Don't have much choice. Hoping for some of that week 17 magic from last year against the giants. He also played against the Giants in the other game last year and had over 100 total yards and a TD. He matched up well against them last year. Hope that continues.

He has played well in the past when given the opportunity, but he also has flopped. This seems like it'll be one of those times where he plays well after everyone has given up on him.

I’m right there with ya. Really best option available with my devastated RB Corps
Me three.  Lost Barkley, traded him for Sanders, lost MT, Ekeler, Kittle briefly, Cook, lost Sanders and Jonnu mid game and lost by 1.8 on the Drake td.  Starting Boston Scott and Justin Jackson at rb this week.  

Am I the only one that thinks Corey gets a strong look and Scott remains the change of pace?
I'm not sure the running game(or offense in general) will be effective at all. Banged up OL, short week, Eagles tend to lay to their competition. 

I've got Scott as a desperation RB2, really more of mediocre flex. Less afraid of Clement then just ineffectiveness. Sanders has been carried by two 70 yard runs the last 2 games. Scott is not Sanders. 

I'm not sure the running game(or offense in general) will be effective at all. Banged up OL, short week, Eagles tend to lay to their competition. 

I've got Scott as a desperation RB2, really more of mediocre flex. Less afraid of Clement then just ineffectiveness. Sanders has been carried by two 70 yard runs the last 2 games. Scott is not Sanders. 
Totally agree, but I think those who are relying on Boston might be disappointed if/when Clement gets the start. Just a gut feeling as an Eagles fan.

GREAT SCOTT!!!

Pretty mediocre all game. 49 yards in the first half, and we were feeling okay, and then was just uninvolved in the second half and when he was, he was getting stuffed. Not even in the game in the Eagles second to last TD drive in the red zone. Panic!!!

Back in the game for the 2:00 drill. Had a nice 12 yard run down in the red zone to get the eagles close. Then boom... big TD!

Wentz likes to keep it at the goal line, which made you feel bad all night.

But, can’t expect much more from a waiver add or handcuff start for the week. Anyone who started him, myself included as a Sanders owner, has to consider themselves a big winner tonight. 

Proof that this game of fantasy football can always come down to one play. 

Boston Scott rushed 12 times for 46 yards in the Eagles' Week 7 win over the Giants, adding three receptions for 46 additional yards and a touchdown. 

34 of Scott's 92 total yards came on the final drive, including a game-winning touchdown. Scott got a step on Jabrill Peppers down the left sideline and roasted him for an 18-yard score. More touches would have been nice, especially with Corey Clement handling the ball only three times, it's just so hard for the Eagles to get the ground game going behind their injury-destroyed offensive line. Miles Sanders' (knee) Week 8 status is unclear. If he can't get cleared to face the Cowboys, Scott will have some RB2 appeal vs. a truly terrible defense. 

Oct 23, 2020, 12:19 AM ET

Ya......I had to start him in place of Sanders but was facing Wentz and Fulgham....coulda been worse I suppose.

Ya......I had to start him in place of Sanders but was facing Wentz and Fulgham....coulda been worse I suppose.
Could’ve been way, way worse for you. That last TD was like nearly +9 points for Scott. Imagine if Fulgham had caught it. 

Boston Scott rushed three times for 63 yards and a touchdown in the Eagles' Week 10 loss to the Giants, adding one reception 11 yards. 

Every Philly running back not named Miles Sanders scored a touchdown against the Giants. Scott scampered 56 yards for his score, outrunning New York defenders to the end zone. Scott should be stashed on fantasy benches in case Sanders runs into more injury issues down the stretch. 

RELATED: 

Miles Sanders

Nov 16, 2020, 11:16 AM ET

Boston Scott had seven rushes for 24 yards and a touchdown in the Eagels' Week 7 loss to the Raiders, adding one reception for five yards. 

Miles Sanders left the game early with a potentially serious ankle injury. Scott and rookie Kenneth Gainwell split the backfield workload from there: Scott played 23 snaps and ran 12 pass routes while Gainwell logged 35 snaps and ran 24 routes. Gainwell caught four of his eight targets for 41 yards and a touchdown as the Eagles again played from behind in the second half. An extended Sanders absence could make Scott the team's primary early-down ball carrier and Gainwell the pass-catching back. Scott should be picked up by running back needy fantasy managers this week. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess nobody is talking about Boston Scott. Figured he’d have some discussion after a decent day. I remember last year he saved my ### on a Sunday night game against (the giants maybe?). 

He seemed to be getting the work, but him and Howard went back and forth. I know the lions are bad, but funny how the eagles finally decided to run and it worked incredibly well.

I guess nobody is talking about Boston Scott. Figured he’d have some discussion after a decent day. I remember last year he saved my ### on a Sunday night game against (the giants maybe?). 

He seemed to be getting the work, but him and Howard went back and forth. I know the lions are bad, but funny how the eagles finally decided to run and it worked incredibly well.
They'd be wise to stick with him as well this week. The Chargers are lousy against the run. 

Anyone want to make a prediction for him over the next 3-4 weeks?

He was heavily involved when it was an actual game and then once they were blowing them out Gainwell was called upon and I think that's normal and a good spot for a rookie to get valuable snaps. 

Anyone want to make a prediction for him over the next 3-4 weeks?

He was heavily involved when it was an actual game and then once they were blowing them out Gainwell was called upon and I think that's normal and a good spot for a rookie to get valuable snaps. 
He's effective whenever his number is called.  Low center of gravity, tough to find over the line, good not great receiver.  Its mind bottling to me that he was not used earlier in the year.  Its also convinced me that Miles is JAG and not nearly as good as many have thought of him. 

I expect Boston to do well this week against a weak chargers run defense.  Could see him getting 75-90 yards and a TD and maybe 2-3 receptions for 20ish yards.  Not world beating but enough to carry you in a bye replacement week.

After that he goes against two top ten rushing defenses in Denver and NO.  The biggest variable in my mind is not his ability but the idiot-coach's conviction to not running the ball.  Was last week an outlier?  Are we going to go back to running the ball <10 times like the previous multiple weeks?  Too many questions w/r/t playcalling to be super confident, however, due to injuries and byes, I will be rolling him out this week.  Most likely will not next week unless Sirianni convinces me that he realizes the value of a balanced attack.  This week will be telling for the remainder of the season.  If we run the ball effectively and leave the Link with a win I *hope* that they see that as a blueprint moving forward.  

He's effective whenever his number is called.  Low center of gravity, tough to find over the line, good not great receiver.  Its mind bottling to me that he was not used earlier in the year.  Its also convinced me that Miles is JAG and not nearly as good as many have thought of him. 

I expect Boston to do well this week against a weak chargers run defense.  Could see him getting 75-90 yards and a TD and maybe 2-3 receptions for 20ish yards.  Not world beating but enough to carry you in a bye replacement week.

After that he goes against two top ten rushing defenses in Denver and NO.  The biggest variable in my mind is not his ability but the idiot-coach's conviction to not running the ball.  Was last week an outlier?  Are we going to go back to running the ball <10 times like the previous multiple weeks?  Too many questions w/r/t playcalling to be super confident, however, due to injuries and byes, I will be rolling him out this week.  Most likely will not next week unless Sirianni convinces me that he realizes the value of a balanced attack.  This week will be telling for the remainder of the season.  If we run the ball effectively and leave the Link with a win I *hope* that they see that as a blueprint moving forward.  
I was stunned nobody wanted him on waivers last night so I made a cut on my RB bench(Sermon-not that tough) and added him in every league I could. 

A lot of folks said he won't be used the same way this weekend. 🤷‍♂️

I was stunned nobody wanted him on waivers last night so I made a cut on my RB bench(Sermon-not that tough) and added him in every league I could. 

A lot of folks said he won't be used the same way this weekend. 🤷‍♂️
Like I said, he won't be used the same if the coach reverts back to the assinine run/pass ratio of 10/90.  But I'm optimistic that he is progressing in his thinking.  The other variable is their trust in Gainwell-he was barely used last week until it was in mop-up duty time.

Like I said, he won't be used the same if the coach reverts back to the assinine run/pass ratio of 10/90.  But I'm optimistic that he is progressing in his thinking.  The other variable is their trust in Gainwell-he was barely used last week until it was in mop-up duty time.
We had owners griping about playing 4th string RBs and this guy was available on the WW, hate to really post this but I screwed up on Sermon and don't see the need to hold on to him when he is so buried at this point and so I un-strangled my roster and added Scott to my stable of RB-Flex types which include Williams from KC and Denver, Drake and then I have a solid RB1 right now in Zeke. Strong at most of the other spots like WR/QB etc...

-I would have tried to hold Sermon until next year but the team that seemed like a freight train lost Henry, Ridley, Rodgers, and Ruggs all in the same week and I smell opportunity to just forge ahead and rather than think about '22, go ahead and make a run right now. A lot of other FF'ers in many of my leagues seem to have just thrown in the towel for many reasons, not looking a gift horse in the mouth. 

Philly is tough to figure, on one hand they probably should amass losses but they also have Miami's selection which is Top 3-5 right now easily. But they also have 3 in the first 12-15 picks right now? They should try and play lights out to find out what they have, opportunity for them to get good in a hurry next 12-24 months. 

Boston Scott rushed 15 times for 64 yards, one touchdown, and one lost fumble in the Eagles' Week 12 loss to the Giants, adding two receptions for eight yards on three targets.

Scott scored his TD on a one-yard rush and had another terrific touchdown run called back due to a holding penalty. It looked like Scott was even with Sanders in the backfield, or perhaps even ahead. Although, Sanders was banged up in this game with a rolled ankle, which contributed to Scott's workload advantage. Scott lost a back-breaking fumble on what might have otherwise been a game-winning drive, and Kenneth Gainwell played on the Eagles' final drive. Scott's role in Week 13 will be unpredictable, but he certainly has a ceiling against the Jets.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Boston Scott (non-COVID illness) did not practice Thursday.

That makes two missed practices in a row for Scott, who has a delicious matchup against a Jets defense that has only conclusively proven it can stop the Texans in 12 weeks to date. Two straight missed practices isn't great, but illness is a less concerning diagnosis than an actual injury. Friday will speak more to Scott's status for Sunday. 

SOURCE: Jeff McLane on Twitter

Dec 2, 2021, 1:16 PM ET

Boston Scott (non-COVID illness) is questionable for Week 13 against the Jets.

Scott didn't practice on either Thursday or Friday and is truly unclear for Philadelphia's elite matchup against the Jets. With Miles Sanders removed from the injury report altogether and Jordan Howard (knee) officially ruled out, the Eagles may have no choice but to lean on Sanders heavily as an opportunity-based RB2. Scott's a risky option for managers unless he's fully cleared.

SOURCE: Philadelphia Eagles on Twitter

Dec 3, 2021, 3:12 PM ET

In the same boat, 0.5 PPR, debating between Emmanuel sanders, Darrell Williams, or Josh Reynolds off waivers.  Nasty, I know.

Jets matchup is ideal though
Originally I wanted Jordan Howard for this week before his injury. I feel like he's the guy they really like running the ball, for whatever reason. Not crazy about Scott's prospects after being sick all week, and you never know what this coach is going to do. He could go back to using Sanders and Gainwell only considering the circumstances.

My only other option is Bateman, who I'm not crazy about either, but I'm playing against Lamar Jackson. There's not much at all in the free agent pool. Ready to have Chubb and the Green Bay RBs back from bye. I'm already having to start Breida at RB2 this week. Oh well. I knew this week was going to be tough. 

Houston turmOiler said:
Originally I wanted Jordan Howard for this week before his injury. I feel like he's the guy they really like running the ball, for whatever reason. Not crazy about Scott's prospects after being sick all week, and you never know what this coach is going to do. He could go back to using Sanders and Gainwell only considering the circumstances.

My only other option is Bateman, who I'm not crazy about either, but I'm playing against Lamar Jackson. There's not much at all in the free agent pool. Ready to have Chubb and the Green Bay RBs back from bye. I'm already having to start Breida at RB2 this week. Oh well. I knew this week was going to be tough. 
I May pívot to devante Parker if he is activated today. Tua likes him and he has seen lots of targets when playing this year. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Boston Scott (illness) is expected to play in Week 13 against the Jets.

Scott didn't practice on Friday but isn't dealing with an injury. If he's feeling better today, expect Scott to split the Philly backfield duties with Miles Sanders. Scott saw 15 carries and two receptions last week, although some of that did come with Sanders banged up. The Eagles have been hesitant to relinquish the backfield to Sanders, always pairing him with another runner. That puts Scott in line for enough work to be a low-end RB3 versus the Jets this week.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 5, 2021, 9:46 AM ET

Boston Scott (illness) is active for Week 13 against the Jets.

With Jordan Howard out last week, Scott saw 15 carries while mixing in with Miles Sanders. Howard is out again this week, so the backfield should continue operating as a timeshare between Scott and Sanders with the latter having an edge for fantasy purposes. Scott should be able to post low-end RB3 numbers if the Eagles handle their business versus the lowly Jets.

Dec 5, 2021, 11:43 AM ET

Wish I would have trusted my thoughts yesterday on Scott. Missed practice all week, not the starter, Sanders and Gainwell healthy. Also a little bit different running game dynamic with Minshew starting instead of Hurts. He was set up to be the forgotten man today.

Anyone want to take a stand here?
Forced to start Scott in one league.  Zero confidence he'll get meaningful touches with Howard and Gainwell active.  Most likely, Howard will get majority of carries and Gainwell will be in for majority of the passing downs and end of half situations.

That leaves...not much.  Hope I'm wrong and Howard's stinger and Gainwell's relative lack of playing time in spots results in Scott getting more work than anticipated, and maybe even a lucky red zone look or two.  If I had other reasonable options Scott would be on my bench today.  Good luck all.

Forced to start Scott in one league.  Zero confidence he'll get meaningful touches with Howard and Gainwell active.  Most likely, Howard will get majority of carries and Gainwell will be in for majority of the passing downs and end of half situations.

That leaves...not much.  Hope I'm wrong and Howard's stinger and Gainwell's relative lack of playing time in spots results in Scott getting more work than anticipated, and maybe even a lucky red zone look or two.  If I had other reasonable options Scott would be on my bench today.  Good luck all.
I don’t think they will have Howard dominate the carries, and their usage of Gainwell has been impossible to figure out. So I think Scott will get some run. How much, no idea. But they have not been afraid to use him at the goal line.

Users who are viewing this thread