What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC (2 Viewers)

Mighty Mouse outplaying J.Taylor and D.Swift atm for a fraction of them price… he’s not the fastest dude out there … but he’s not easy to take down either … trending up up and away

Clyde Edwards-Helaire rushed 19 times for 92 yards and a touchdown in Kansas City's Week 4 win over Tampa Bay, adding one catch for two yards and an additional touchdown.​

Edwards-Helaire might still be running if he had caught his other target, a lofted ball on fourth-and-1 where he'd been left uncovered. Kansas City's running offense bullied a tough Tampa defensive line in this one, with both Edwards-Helaire and Isiah Pacheco getting great numbers out of a bunch of outside runs away from Vita Vea. It's a nice game to establish that Edwards-Helaire can remain effective in good situations, but shouldn't make you feel like he's in line to be more than a borderline RB2/RB3 in Week 5 against the Raiders.
Oct 3, 2022, 12:08 AM ET

That game script was perfect storm for CEH. KC got way way up stupid early, and there were a ton of carries to go around.

They still used McKinnon in short yardage all night. They still worked Pacheco in frequently. This is a RBBC, and this is THE PERFECT sell high opportunity.
Nobody is really buying, that’s the bigger issue. What would you give for CEH in redraft?

I know you wouldn’t buy him and most feel the same. So in the few leagues that I have him, I’m riding this train!

That game script was perfect storm for CEH. KC got way way up stupid early, and there were a ton of carries to go around.

They still used McKinnon in short yardage all night. They still worked Pacheco in frequently. This is a RBBC, and this is THE PERFECT sell high opportunity.
Nobody is really buying, that’s the bigger issue. What would you give for CEH in redraft?

I know you wouldn’t buy him and most feel the same. So in the few leagues that I have him, I’m riding this train!
That was a nationally televised game. I’d bet there are buyers hoping he’ll continue to get 20 carry games in the future.
:shrug:

Of course, your specific league might be a different story.

Not all RBBC's are the same. KC's offense is a juggernaut. Give me the 1a RB in KC's offense at RB3 prices all day long.

Those who bought low are reaping the rewards. Stay healthy, Clyde!

Not all RBBC's are the same. KC's offense is a juggernaut. Give me the 1a RB in KC's offense at RB3 prices all day long.

CEH’s numbers are not sustainable though.

Games 1-3 the game script was nothing like this. Much more “normal”’ games, where he had 8-12 touches.

Getting way up & running a ton led to 20 carries. This game was an anomaly.

CEH is due for regression. Some rough matchups on the schedule ahead. I’d be shopping him hard if I had him.

CEH owners are sitting in the top of the standings in most leagues. Congrats!

RB4 after 4 weeks.

CEH owners are sitting in the top of the standings in most leagues. Congrats!

RB4 after 4 weeks.
Sell sell sell!

CEH’s numbers are not sustainable though.

Games 1-3 the game script was nothing like this. Much more “normal”’ games, where he had 8-12 touches.

Getting way up & running a ton led to 20 carries. This game was an anomaly.

CEH is due for regression. Some rough matchups on the schedule ahead. I’d be shopping him hard if I had him.
I'm curious, what is an RB in a juggernaut offense getting 12 touches worth to you? Put aside that its CEH. We know how you feel about him.

Put aside that its CEH. We know how you feel about him.
Actually it has nothing to do with how I feel about him.

You need to put aside how you think I feel about him, because that’s a presumption, and not a bias that I am posting from.

My take on CEH being a sell-high are logic-based, not emotionally based,

And logically observing CEH, 12 touches a game in a juggernaut offense, as part of a RBBC where he won’t always have good luck with those limited touches, Pacheco is on the rise and McKinnon is inexplicably used in short yardage just isn’t worth as much as CEH is worth in trade right now in any format.

I believe that was a ceiling game for a player likely to have more floor games depending on matchup & efficiency. And that’s not even considering health, since he’s been banged up here and there.

If there’s an owner in your league who looks at CEH with your eyes, you should try to get as much value as possible for him.

My $.02

Nothing to do with feelings. I like the kid alright. He’d be fun to go bowling with, probably. :shrug:

From a pure eye test, he looks better then he has in the past (I was not high on him coming into this season)...seems to have a little more zip...Pacheco looks like he will be a piece of the puzzle as well but some form of RBBC is pretty much the norm nowadays...he is not going to be a league winner, but he looks like he is going to have an established role which means he is a valuable asset.

Sell sell sell!
What are you getting back in return? Almost a quarter of the way through the FF season and CEH is crushing as my RB3/flex. RBs are dropping like flies. Many other RBs are stuck in RBBCs and not in very good offenses. It’s easy to give logical advice from the outside but the real FF world makes trading CEH difficult. From the owner side, it’s tough to give up a steady producer. From the buyer side, they see the RBBC and read the endless bad press on the player.

Would love to hear potential trade targets or trades that have occurred.

I've been a big CEH fader ever since landing spot and being overdrafted in NFL vaulted him over several much better RB prospects as a rookie. But to my eyes he's running better than he has in his NFL career so far this season. If you can get top 10 RB value, then sure, sell. But everyone has him as a sell, so he's probably not really garnering anything close to that.
Also, roles aren't fixed throughout the season. CEH is looking fairly good and the rest of their RBs are meh (Pacheco has his fans but he still looks like the same bad rb he was in college when I watch him). I'd be surprised if CEH stayed under 50% opportunity share on the chiefs if the rvs keep playing like they are.

I have been on the sell CEH side all season. I am now on the hold unless given a nice offer side. When I was advocating sell I though Mckinnon was gonna have a bigger role. I think he’s gonna be phased out. Pacheco will start getting a bigger and bigger role. I can live with a two back committee. Mahomes is clearly looking for CEAh near the goal line. CEH has played very well and is clearly very important to this team. I could see him catching more passes going forward.

Sell sell sell!
What are you getting back in return? Almost a quarter of the way through the FF season and CEH is crushing as my RB3/flex. RBs are dropping like flies. Many other RBs are stuck in RBBCs and not in very good offenses. It’s easy to give logical advice from the outside but the real FF world makes trading CEH difficult. From the owner side, it’s tough to give up a steady producer. From the buyer side, they see the RBBC and read the endless bad press on the player.

Would love to hear potential trade targets or trades that have occurred.

You touched on the most important point...as the season goes on and injuries pile up you can never have enough RB depth...if you are dealing him as part of a package to land a stud that is one thing but if you are a contender and dealing him to beef up another position you better have some legit depth at RB as it can disappear quickly (as I saw this week with Javonte and Patterson) and put you in a spot where you now have to overpay to get another RB...with a guy like CEH it is not just talent but roster construction.

not bias at all. 😂😂

Thanks for the laugh!
Why would I have any personal bias? I sold him for what’s going to be the 2023 1.01

I’m thrilled with that return, and wouldn’t trade it back if the owner wanted to.

You’re being ridiculous.
Luckily for me, there is an entire thread here full of evidence and it even spills out in other KC RB threads. It’s there for anyone to read.

not bias at all. 😂😂

Thanks for the laugh!
Why would I have any personal bias? I sold him for what’s going to be the 2023 1.01

I’m thrilled with that return, and wouldn’t trade it back if the owner wanted to.

You’re being ridiculous.
Luckily for me, there is an entire thread here full of evidence and it even spills out in other KC RB threads. It’s there for anyone to read.

Your lucky he has not got hurt yet....

Missed 10 games the last two years... I'd make sure you have Pachecho if you aren't going to trade him. Pachecho looks great, and is already carving out a role

not bias at all. 😂😂

Thanks for the laugh!

You’re being ridiculous.
Evidence that I have said unflattering things about his play in the past (plodder, runs up the backs of his OL, lacks top end speed & gets taken down by LBs) doesn’t mean I have a personal bias against him. It means I have not been impressed by his play in the past.

I have stated several times on the in-game topics that he’s looked better this year. However, I remain not a big fan of his long term success.

You continue to sound ridiculous asserting that I have something against the dude. I just don’t think he’s a great RB.

Last I checked I’m entitled to that opinion. I also believe he’s a great sell high, coming off of a rare large workload.

not bias at all. 😂😂

Thanks for the laugh!
Why would I have any personal bias? I sold him for what’s going to be the 2023 1.01 (after his 2 game burst of productivity last year)

You’re being ridiculous.
I don’t play dynasty but getting the 1.01 seems great.
In redraft, I don’t know that I can get enough for him to give up a steady RB, especially when bye weeks begin.

Your lucky he has not got hurt yet....

Missed 10 games the last two years... I'd make sure you have Pachecho if you aren't going to trade him. Pachecho looks great, and is already carving out a role
Careful - he’ll accuse you of bias.
:rolleyes:

Lol oh well... I just don't think CEH is that good either.. he was overrated coming from a stacked championship team in college IMO and so far owners have gotten lucky with his production this season.. hard to trust that production throughout the season

not bias at all. 😂😂

Thanks for the laugh!
Why would I have any personal bias? I sold him for what’s going to be the 2023 1.01 (after his 2 game burst of productivity last year)

You’re being ridiculous.
I don’t play dynasty but getting the 1.01 seems great.
In redraft, I don’t know that I can get enough for him to give up a steady RB, especially when bye weeks begin.
I got that last year for my total rebuild. Basically I sold all aging assets, and got my own 2023 pick back (along with 5 others via trades) - with a depleted team I’m now 0-4, lowest scoring team.

It’s superflex, so getting the top rookie QB is absolutely worth it.

In redraft, I’d imagine one could land a semi-elite WR or semi-elite TE for him. All it takes is a league mate who believes that CEH actually is a top 4 RB ROS.

Based on this topic, surely there’s a @candian fantasy guy in the league who’s a true believer & thin at RB. Maybe pry a Courtland Sutton, or Gogurt out of them.

For what it’s worth, I see CEH as a RB2 ROS, so a trade like that would probably be fair value. But there is the off chance that someone wasn’t paying attention to touches weeks 1-3, and only really saw week 4 in prime time. That’s the perfect trade partner. Now maybe you get a Tee Higgins or someone that caliber for him.

Regardless, it feels like there’s a drop-off coming after the Raiders. And maybe even with the Raiders - they seem to have the chief’s number the last couple games, IIRC.

I got that last year for my total rebuild. Basically I sold all aging assets, and got my own 2023 pick back (along with 5 others via trades) - with a depleted team I’m now 0-4, lowest scoring team.

In redraft, I’d imagine one could land a semi-elite WR or semi-elite TE for him. All it takes is a league mate who believes that CEH actually is a top 4 RB ROS.

Based on this topic, surely there’s a @candian fantasy guy in the league who’s a true believer & thin at RB. Maybe pry a Courtland Sutton, or Gogurt out of them.

For what it’s worth, I see CEH as a RB2 ROS, so a trade like that would probably be fair value. But there is the off chance that someone wasn’t paying attention to touches weeks 1-3, and only really saw week 4 in prime time. That’s the perfect trade partner. Now maybe you get a Tee Higgins or someone that caliber for him.

Regardless, it feels like there’s a drop-off coming after the Raiders. And maybe even with the Raiders - they seem to have the chief’s number the last couple games, IIRC.
I totally agree that the recent production by CEH cannot continue all season but I would love to see RB2 points. Things change every week in the NFL, especially at RB. Many of us CEH owners got him later in the draft and can ride the wave as long as he remains healthy or until late in the season when Pacheco does eat into his touches too much.

I totally agree that the recent production by CEH cannot continue all season but I would love to see RB2 points. Things change every week in the NFL, especially at RB. Many of us CEH owners got him later in the draft and can ride the wave as long as he remains healthy or until late in the season when Pacheco does eat into his touches too much.
I’ve said a few times this year that for his early ADP he was a bargain. I even said it in the preseason when he was going in the 7th-8th rounds. I was bummed I wasn’t drafting until later as even I would have invested at that price (bias and all. lol)

He went in the late 6th in my home redraft, which is still very good value to date.

But IMO his production is unsustainable. I expect more games like his 1st 3 than his last 1, and the efficiency he had in his 1st 3 was absurd. Very few players have produced like that on so few touches.

If he comes out with 20+ touches/game over the next 3 weeks I’ll eat all the crow in the world.

But if he comes out with 7-12 touches and has a few single digit FF performances, I won’t be at all surprised. That’s why I’d try to sell now if I had him. But I don’t, so this is all just spouting opinions because I have too much free time while drinking tea in the morning. lol

Choo Choo! What else can you do if you drafted him. Ride the train until it breaks down and then find another ride! This should be FF 101.

Last year. It was Connor. Sell Sell Sell! Those who did, surely regretted it!

Choo Choo! What else can you do if you drafted him. Ride the train until it breaks down and then find another ride! This should be FF 101.

Last year. It was Connor. Sell Sell Sell! Those who did, surely regretted it!
You can try to get strong value and even find someone that will overpay. I haven’t found a trade partner yet. This has been a weird year for FF.

Replying back to Hot Sauce, I don’t expect 20 touches in a game from CEH but I will take lots of receptions and an occasional TD from the starting back in one of the NFLs best offenses. I want a piece of offenses that move the ball.

Replying back to Hot Sauce, I don’t expect 20 touches in a game from CEH but I will take lots of receptions and an occasional TD from the starting back in one of the NFLs best offenses. I want a piece of offenses that move the ball.
I don't disagree with the premise. I just feel like there are some single digit scoring games coming up for CEH in the near future.

Again, I'll eat crow if I'm wrong - wouldn't be the 1st time. But the next 3 games could be challenging, and if his workload reverts back to that 7-12 total touch level, you're praying for the extreme efficiency he had those 1st 3 games. It seems like a longshot, but hey - I had Mike Alstott on a championship FF roster once, and his 1-3 TDs a week plus random # of carries/receptions made him a high level flex. It's not unprecedented.

Funny that there is hand wringing and foretelling of misfortune on a starting RB taken in round 6. I'm going to take my ill gotten gains that have fallen in my lap and know that grandma's gravy runs out eventually. If you took CEH round six you should have better(?) backs rostered. Right? Not a bad plan b, c, or d to have even if injury finds him. You are not going to find a trade partner willing to give up anyone who produces the points he does atm. Strong hold imo. Kool-Aid Man will provide.

nd an occasional TD from the starting back
It does seem they like to throw to him around the goal-line and in this offense I'm not so sure that the TDs aren't sustainable. I surely get the "sell high" takes as the volume isn't so great but with the RB landscape as it is, I'm just not sure what exactly you'd get back that would help more than him. This is strictly a re-draft take - I'd be more onboard with moving him in dynasty (although it's a similar dilemma to some extent).

I don't disagree with the premise. I just feel like there are some single digit scoring games coming up for CEH in the near future.

Again, I'll eat crow if I'm wrong - wouldn't be the 1st time. But the next 3 games could be challenging, and if his workload reverts back to that 7-12 total touch level, you're praying for the extreme efficiency he had those 1st 3 games. It seems like a longshot, but hey - I had Mike Alstott on a championship FF roster once, and his 1-3 TDs a week plus random # of carries/receptions made him a high level flex. It's not unprecedented.
Low scoring weeks happen to most players and CEH will have bad weeks. Andrews and Waddle didn’t produce last week and were the reason I lost. Often, you can get by with a dud from one player. When two tank in a week, it’s tough to get the win unless another player really blows up.

Low scoring weeks happen to most players and CEH will have bad weeks. Andrews and Waddle didn’t produce last week and were the reason I lost. Often, you can get by with a dud from one player. When two tank in a week, it’s tough to get the win unless another player really blows up.
Yes, of course. My “highest scoring team in the league” IDP squad had a team effort of sucking week 3, or I’d be 4-0 and not 3-1.

But with 7-12 touches, the chances of a bad week are much, much higher,

CEH bucked that with crazy efficiency in weeks 1-3. The next 3 games he has that sort of workload could as easily be terrible.

Point being you want players who have more, not less opportunities to touch the ball, and when it’s less, more often than not bad results will be on tap.

I certainly don’t expect hkm to suddenly get the sort of workload he had on SNF. Possible, but unlikely.

Yes, of course. My “highest scoring team in the league” IDP squad had a team effort of sucking week 3, or I’d be 4-0 and not 3-1.

But with 7-12 touches, the chances of a bad week are much, much higher,

CEH bucked that with crazy efficiency in weeks 1-3. The next 3 games he has that sort of workload could as easily be terrible.

Point being you want players who have more, not less opportunities to touch the ball, and when it’s less, more often than not bad results will be on tap.

I certainly don’t expect hkm to suddenly get the sort of workload he had on SNF. Possible, but unlikely.
CEH has averaged 14 touches per game in his career. I expect he'll get double-digit touches most weeks unless Pacheco turns it up a notch. JM is JAG.

There were some good takes on this page. I agree with those saying "what are you going to sell him for?". The HSG narrative is stuck in most people's brains and you won't get a proper return. I recently moved him for DJ Moore in dynasty. I'm happy with that and similar top 50 dynasty value if you want off the train. Gl to those staying aboard!

CEH has averaged 14 touches per game in his career. I expect he'll get double-digit touches most weeks unless Pacheco turns it up a notch. JM is JAG.

Before the 20+ touch MN game he was getting ~11 touches per game.

There were some good takes on this page. I agree with those saying "what are you going to sell him for?". The HSG narrative is stuck in most people's brains and you won't get a proper return. I recently moved him for DJ Moore in dynasty. I'm happy with that and similar top 50 dynasty value if you want off the train. Gl to those staying aboard!
Seems like after 4 weeks he’s generating some buzz.

It doesn’t help that most FF writers are seeing some of the same indicators I am, and are similarly recommending to sell-high.

But there may be some true believers out there, convinced by the stat line & the MNF performance

That’s the target for a trade partner.

Before the 20+ touch MN game he was getting ~11 touches per game.

Seems like after 4 weeks he’s generating some buzz.

It doesn’t help that most FF writers are seeing some of the same indicators I am, and are similarly recommending to sell-high.

But there may be some true believers out there, convinced by the stat line & the MNF performance

That’s the target for a trade partner.
He is a sell high if you can get value. Most won't pay what he's worth. It's pointless to try and sell when there's no market to sell to! And yes, regression is coming. But that's like saying the sky is blue. There's nowhere to go but down when you're a top 5 RB!

Im thinking about offering Cook for him/Deebo

Every fantasy site under the sun saying Cook is a buy low and CEH is a sell high. Maybe Im dumb but Cook looks Cooked and CEH looks a lot more useful than last year especially as a receiver and goalline threat. Im not under the delusion that hes a top 4 RB but low end RB1 is attainable ROS IMO.

He is a sell high if you can get value. Most won't pay what he's worth. It's pointless to try and sell when there's no market to sell to! And yes, regression is coming. But that's like saying the sky is blue. There's nowhere to go but down when you're a top 5 RB!
I don’t disagree with much of this, other than I do believe there are a % of folks in redraft & dynasty thinking “hey, maybe I was way wrong about this guy“ who are in need of a RB.

Lot of JT / JaWill shareholders looking for an RB right now, for example

Every fantasy site under the sun saying Cook is a buy low and CEH is a sell high. Maybe Im dumb but Cook looks Cooked and CEH looks a lot more useful than last year especially as a receiver and goalline threat. Im not under the delusion that hes a top 4 RB but low end RB1 is attainable ROS IMO.
I got offered sanders/CEH/pacecho for my cook in standard. just lost javonte. I'm really considering it

I got offered sanders/CEH/pacecho for my cook in standard. just lost javonte. I'm really considering it
A perfect example of what I just said above.

For what it’s worth, I like that deal better since Pacheco is part of it. it’s a smart offer.

I don’t disagree with much of this, other than I do believe there are a % of folks in redraft & dynasty thinking “hey, maybe I was way wrong about this guy“ who are in need of a RB.

I considered sending CEH for JaWill in leagues I'm not competing in this year. It's an interesting trade idea. I can make arguments for each side.

I considered sending CEH for JaWill in leagues I'm not competing in this year. It's an interesting trade idea. I can make arguments for each side.
Long road to recovery (and a gamble on the non-zero chance he won’t recover) but I would rather have JaWill if I’m in a rebuild.

For what it’s worth, I like that deal better since Pacheco is part of it. it’s a smart offer.
Yeah he was trying to leave off Pacheco but I made him add him. Now I'm just debating lol.

Yeah he was trying to leave off Pacheco but I made him add him. Now I'm just debating lol.
Similar trade to mine. I wish he had Pacheco to throw in. I also lost Javonte but need WR help desperately. Its gonna suck not having an RB1 though (if Cook is even that).

Is Deebo a buy low?

Users who are viewing this thread