What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Darrel Williams - Arizona (1 Viewer)

Going to be a hard hold now.

As a non CEL owner, I picked him up the week prior to CEL's injury. Total luck. Worked out, but now think I've probably squeezed as much usefulness as I can out of him.

With the bye week, could probably get away with dropping him unless the CEL owner is interested (who is half asleep).

As a non CEL owner, I picked him up the week prior to CEL's injury. Total luck. Worked out, but now think I've probably squeezed as much usefulness as I can out of him.

With the bye week, could probably get away with dropping him unless the CEL owner is interested (who is half asleep).
Who is this CEL you speak of?  If I were you I would try and trade Williams to the CEH owner for a 2nd.

Agree he's droppable. Problem is there's such crap on the WW now that I'm not sure who's better. The end of my bench is filled with lottery-ticket RBs (Williams, Wilson, Benjamin). Holding on to Darrel with the hope that he gets another opportunity makes about as much sense as any other option.

"IF" Kelce and Hill are out this week I think one L makes for an interesting flex play. Steeler weakness is vs the run, CEH will not get all the run action. D Will would help fill a major hole in the passing game and he also seems to be more of the goal line back, I think??

I would rather invest in this offense that finally seems to be returning to form vs many other RB's in weak offenses in bad matchups.

"IF" Kelce and Hill are out this week I think one L makes for an interesting flex play. Steeler weakness is vs the run, CEH will not get all the run action. D Will would help fill a major hole in the passing game and he also seems to be more of the goal line back, I think??

I would rather invest in this offense that finally seems to be returning to form vs many other RB's in weak offenses in bad matchups.
I agree with you. I have both CEH and Williams and may play both.  Williams would be the flex, just need to decide between he, Michel and Singletary

Well it ended up being Hill in and Kelce out. Still thinking D. Will helps fill the void in the passing game with Kelce out and the Chiefs try and run more vs a very weak Steeler run D.

Toss up, but I believe if you have to depend on D-Will right now you're not in a good spot.
Very true but with a lot of trash QB's and offenses this week I would rather hitch my wagon to the current Chiefs offense, Andy Reid with his smarts and experience vs a horrible run funnel Steeler D 

Yep. I decided to go with Penny and his higher upside just before the 4 o'clock games, I gained 8 crucial points with that move. If CEH is out this week, D. Will should be a great play. 
Dwill and Penny both available this week.  Its PPR so prioritizing DWill but its close.

If CEH is out, any idea what to expect in terms of splitting time with Gore and/or any goal line work? Perhaps because it was out of reach but when I was watching from time to time yesterday saw a lot of Gore.

If CEH is out, any idea what to expect in terms of splitting time with Gore and/or any goal line work? Perhaps because it was out of reach but when I was watching from time to time yesterday saw a lot of Gore.
Game was clinched when Gore got most of his work.  You can expect the same Williams usage as when CEH was out before. 

Darrel Williams was held without a touch in the Chiefs' AFC Championship Game loss to the Bengals. 

Williams was coming back from a painful toe issue, but it still bodes poorly for his Chiefs future that he got lapped by journeyman Jerick McKinnon on the depth chart during the postseason. With Clyde Edwards-Helaire limited to 10 games by injury, Williams easily posted new career highs across the board, but his run-game production (3.9 yards per carry) was the definition of replacement level. Williams was an asset as a pass catcher, turning 57 targets into 47/452/2/9.6 yards per catch. Three months shy of his 27th birthday, Williams is unsigned for 2022, as is McKinnon. The Chiefs could opt for a backfield overhaul [...]

- NBCSportsEDGE

Newhart quotes? 

I'd be surprised if KC doesn't have him back. They know he can be productive when given the chance, but I guess it's a question of how much he brings to the table in comparison to CEH, RoJo, Pacheco, and Early that'll be his fate. Ronald Jones is, in my opinion, a better pure runner than any of those backs save Pacheco (I don't know what Pacheco can do yet) but Jones can't catch. It would seem KC is a natural fit for Darrel Williams. He Tweeted something out to the effect that he was hurt they hadn't re-signed him. It just all fits. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Newhart quotes? 

I'd be surprised if KC doesn't have him back. They know he can be productive when given the chance, but I guess it's a question of how much he brings to the table in comparison to CEH, RoJo, Pacheco, and Early that'll be his fate. Ronald Jones is, in my opinion, a better pure runner than any of those backs save Pacheco (I don't know what Pacheco can do yet) but Jones can't catch. It would seem KC is a natural fit for Darrel Williams. He Tweeted something out to the effect that he was hurt they hadn't re-signed him. It just all fits. 
Welp, it's the quiet offseason period. :shrug:

I agree though that I could see Darrel return to KC. He's probably more valuable to them than any other team and at this point would certainly come cheap. Interesting that McKinnon, who basically supplanted CEH in the playoffs, is also still out there unsigned. 

He's probably more valuable to them than any other team and at this point would certainly come cheap.
That's what I'm thinking. 

Interesting that McKinnon, who basically supplanted CEH in the playoffs, is also still out there unsigned. 
I think McKinnon is a very limited touch guy, not because of talent, but because of injury potential. He might have outplayed CEH for a game or two, but no way is he logging enough work for the Chiefs to depend on him as anything but a temporary solution they already took advantage of. 

I always loved how Newhart would get so flummoxed by the situation around him that his humor device was not to speak. He played the straight man on his own show and let everyone else around him fill in the character of the inn. His stand-up was pretty innovative, by all accounts. The Button-Down Mind of Bob Newhart is a classic comedy album. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that McKinnon, who basically supplanted CEH in the playoffs, is also still out there unsigned. 
I think McKinnon is a very limited touch guy, not because of talent, but because of injury potential. He might have outplayed CEH for a game or two, but no way is he logging enough work for the Chiefs to depend on him as anything but a temporary solution they already took advantage of. 
True, McKinnon is who he is. Still has some explosiveness despite all the injuries but definitely a limited touch guy. I meant that I was surprised that he hasn't been signed by anyone given that several other RBs out there have. But alas, that's the RB landscape these days - it's not for everyone other than us fantasy geeks.

I agree though that I could see Darrel return to KC. He's probably more valuable to them than any other team and at this point would certainly come cheap. Interesting that McKinnon, who basically supplanted CEH in the playoffs, is also still out there unsigned. 
Before Lindsay signed with the Colts he would have been a good fit there.  I could also see him working well in Arizona, Cincy, or the Saints.  

My personal preference since I own him in one league would be the Cardinals.  I have Conner so this would be a nice insurance policy.  

Darrel Williams rushed eight times for 59 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' Week 2 overtime win over the Raiders, adding two receptions for three additional yards.​

James Conner departed early in the third quarter with an ankle injury and Williams and Eno Benjamin formed a near-even committee in his absence. It was Williams who appeared to have the advantage in short-yardage situations, cashing in a one-yard carry for a fourth quarter touchdown. He was also the one to bust a long run with his 30-yard gainer on the opening play of the final period. Conner's status is unknown, but he has a history of ankle issues. Both Williams and Benjamin will be worth a claim on waivers. Based on what we saw Sunday, Williams might be the slightly preferred add.
Sep 18, 2022, 10:16 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread