What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB David Johnson, Retired (3 Viewers)

Agree. People should keep in mind that the Cards also lost their starting LT. Add in that Palmer looks to be in a serious decline, and this situation looks to be hot garbage. 
agree. Unless the Cards trade for Shady McCoy or somebody that can do all things, the Cards season is over.  Sorry Fitz. That last ride will be a long, painful one. 

This injury will literally likely result in the retirement of Fitz, the retirement or release of Palmer in the off-season, and a rebuild of the Cards that were pretty close just two years ago. A season without David Johnson will feel like dog years to this team. They will be luck to win 4 and that's assuming they can sweep the Niners.

DJ Johnson doesnt appear to be available on Yahoo.

I have Johnson in a league with extremely deep rosters.  Might Williams is already rostered.  Will probably drop Forte for DJ if he's available.

Cards look like a mess and the LT being out sucks as well.  But in this league, any RB with a pulse has value.  

What a way to start the season.   :banned:

DJ Johnson doesnt appear to be available on Yahoo.

I have Johnson in a league with extremely deep rosters.  Might Williams is already rostered.  Will probably drop Forte for DJ if he's available.

Cards look like a mess and the LT being out sucks as well.  But in this league, any RB with a pulse has value.  

What a way to start the season.   :banned:
D.J. Foster?

Help me out boys.....I have (had) a stacked ppr team. Roster in sig. Missing Luck, lost Ware, still feel like I'm in win-now mode and have been for about 3 years. AB on way to downhill stretch, Ben out soon, team is aging and this is probably the last season I have a chance to be dominant. Now I've lost DJ.....do I make a win-now move and try to acquire Ajayi, Freeman, or Hunt (or Gordon from that team) for DJ or do I just sit and wait and hope I can do it with the guys I have left?

Dynasty PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1pprStart 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Luck, Roethlesberger, Bradford
RB: DJohnson, Miller, JWhite, Perkins, DLewis, DWashington
WR: ABrown, Evans, Marshall, RCobb, MJones, Moncrief, Austin
TE: Olsen, Doyle
IDP: Telvin, Ogletree

Last edited by a moderator:
Help me out boys.....I have (had) a stacked ppr team. Roster in sig. Missing Luck, lost Ware, still feel like I'm in win-now mode and have been for about 3 years. AB on way to downhill stretch, Ben out soon, team is aging and this is probably the last season I have a chance to be dominant. Now I've lost DJ.....do I make a win-now move and try to acquire Ajayi, Freeman, or Hunt (or Gordon from that team) for DJ or do I just sit and wait and hope I can do it with the guys I have left?

Dynasty PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1pprStart 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Luck, Roethlesberger, Bradford
RB: DJohnson, Miller, JWhite, Perkins, DLewis, DWashington
WR: ABrown, OBJ, Marshall, RCobb, MJones, Moncrief, Austin
TE: Olsen, Doyle
IDP: Telvin, Ogletree
I don't believe its Win now..  Believe, ya have too hold onto DJ too. I dislike posting dis everywhere, but I kinda like Indy's new QB. (Maybe could cut ties with Cobb?)  Try to shop Luck?  Any tasty RB's on wire, like Mack?

I don't believe its Win now..  Believe, ya have too hold onto DJ too. I dislike posting dis everywhere, but I kinda like Indy's new QB. (Maybe could cut ties with Cobb?)  Try to shop Luck?  Any tasty RB's on wire, like Mack?
You don't believe the roster is good enough to be in win now mode this year?

I should mention that this league pays half the prize money for most points on the year and half for super bowl champ.  So it's not just about squeaking in to playoffs. 

SCT said:
You don't believe the roster is good enough to be in win now mode this year?
Dude, I'm far from like some Guru on like points, expected for various RB's.. I believe ya just lost, only RB, for 12 weeks (maybe)  I own Miller, and Hou is (_)_) of jokes, on opening Week. Honestly, I don't know scoring. (etc.) I would think signs like starting Big Ben (terrible opening days) should be a bad sign, especially when Bradford, put up double the points. I just cant see one of your backs (much less two) putting up huge points, on a reg basis. PPR, In past, when my team isn't "strong" at RB, Id happily play a WR.. I just do not see a flex, that would be a game changer. Listen, maybe one of the real FBG Guru's can chime in, and help. I already explained my two cents. Id suspect main focus now, should be acquiring Colts Brissett, drooping the most expendable player. I can't say its Luck, guy may turn around, maybe be a great "system" QB.. Maybe just a new Team.. But Big Ben is aging.. A guy who owns three QB's, may not care too risk injury much, much less start next Season w/ only Bradford.  Ive always liked Bradford, but if I'm gonna see a comment? It ain't hurting too say Bradford's name.. Trust me.

Do we expect an IR placement in time for waivers tonight?

Have DJ in a league with fixed rosters (exactly 4RB - stupid I know) and I'd like to make a Bid on Cohen, but need to move DJ to the leagues IR slot to do so (other RB are McCoy (K), Hunt, and Martin...none of which are droppable). 

Fingers crossed...

Dude, I'm far from like some Guru on like points, expected for various RB's.. I believe ya just lost, only RB, for 12 weeks (maybe)  I own Miller, and Hou is (_)_) of jokes, on opening Week. Honestly, I don't know scoring. (etc.) I would think signs like starting Big Ben (terrible opening days) should be a bad sign, especially when Bradford, put up double the points. I just cant see one of your backs (much less two) putting up huge points, on a reg basis. PPR, In past, when my team isn't "strong" at RB, Id happily play a WR.. I just do not see a flex, that would be a game changer. Listen, maybe one of the real FBG Guru's can chime in, and help. I already explained my two cents. Id suspect main focus now, should be acquiring Colts Brissett, drooping the most expendable player. I can't say its Luck, guy may turn around, maybe be a great "system" QB.. Maybe just a new Team.. But Big Ben is aging.. A guy who owns three QB's, may not care too risk injury much, much less start next Season w/ only Bradford.  Ive always liked Bradford, but if I'm gonna see a comment? It ain't hurting too say Bradford's name.. Trust me.
What?

I don't see how you keep him. Odds are they don't make the playoffs. In that case, why bring him back??

And that is best case scenario of two months.

I don't see how you keep him. Odds are they don't make the playoffs. In that case, why bring him back??

And that is best case scenario of two months.
the best case scenario is week 10 (which is about 2 months). if the cards are 2-6 heading in to week 10 you think they are going to rush DJ back? At least with this injury being a wrist injury DJ should be able to stay in shape, so it is possible... just seems if you base off a week 1 overreaction this team is not going to be fighting for a playoff spot desperate to rush an injured star RB back...

Schefter reporting IR pending.... 

When does that take effect? How quick does CBS usually get that updated? Waivers run tonight.... 

the best case scenario is week 10 (which is about 2 months). if the cards are 2-6 heading in to week 10 you think they are going to rush DJ back? At least with this injury being a wrist injury DJ should be able to stay in shape, so it is possible... just seems if you base off a week 1 overreaction this team is not going to be fighting for a playoff spot desperate to rush an injured star RB back...
But they won't be 2-6. They will win this week. They have 2 against the Niners.  I'm not sure the Seahawks are going to be able to run away with it this year so by week 10, if they are even 4-6 or 5-5 and within 2 games in the division, that's not pack it in time: especially with fitz and Palmer going out soon. Not that I think it is what they should do but if they are having a chance to give fitz one more shot at the playoffs, I think they go for it. 

But they won't be 2-6. They will win this week. They have 2 against the Niners.  I'm not sure the Seahawks are going to be able to run away with it this year so by week 10, if they are even 4-6 or 5-5 and within 2 games in the division, that's not pack it in time: especially with fitz and Palmer going out soon. Not that I think it is what they should do but if they are having a chance to give fitz one more shot at the playoffs, I think they go for it. 
2 months is best case scenario though.

F me right in the bunghole. :rant:

Holding in one while I have possible bench spots.

IMO there is the same late season upside between he and Perine...Ill take DJ with more upside for now.  Can drop in later weeks if someone else emerges worth the spot and for now have Perine or Lacy (and possibly both) as my drop(s).  Cohen, Williams, Allen are about the choices worth in in that league..

Shallow bench league (strange league where we have a 4 week I/R).  i will I/R him now...just have to decide between CJ Anderson, James White, T. West, J. Stewart. or even K. Williams.  TD heavy heavy scoring...almost nothing for yardage really.

I don't think any of Williams, Ellington, C Johnson, Foster, et al can replicate DJ's numbers.  An immense part of his value is that he got ALL the work, including goal line AND caught so many balls.  That being said, I need to try to figure out which guy will be the most valuable. I went all in on a  stud starting lineup this year.  My only semi-viable RB replacement for DJ is Gore (Bell is my RB1, I have C Johnson- was going to drop after this week, but now I will hold), and with Luck out, he isn't looking so hot.  I don't really want to hold onto 3 or 4 ARI RBs, but I could try to pick up Williams or Ellington.  Who could/should we expect to be the most valuable: Williams (didn't look great in week 1), Ellington (once upon a time, he was a future-stud-in-waiting), or C Johnson (reliable vet who they didn't even keep at the cut down)?

So, if it is 12 weeks, does that mean after that 12 weeks, he should be good to go, or after 12 weeks he needs to begin the return process?
I don't think he will be cleared for contact before 10-12 weeks. So take that for whatever you like. The good news is his legs still work just fine. 

Honestly, if I had him and he came back at week 13, I likely don't play him because that's right around fantasy playoff time and I'm not hitching my ride to a guy who hasn't carried a football in 3 months. Even if he is David Johnson. Although, if I have David Johnson and I make the playoffs, chances are I have nothing to lose anyways... 

Yeah I wouldn't bet on him to play again this year. Considering they won't be a playoff team.
You may be right, but if he is out until week 13, I could see them with maybe 5 wins: 2 against LAR (not sure that their win against INDY isn't just an indictment of INDY as opposed to LAR actually being good), 2 against SF, and 1 against Indy.  If they can squeak out a win against PHI, HOU, or JAX, they could be 6-6 after week 13. 

I don't see that as likely, but not impossible.  Seattle is, IMO, the best team in that division, but they also looked really bad against GB.  If no team pulls away, that record could be in the NFC West hunt.

I don't think he will be cleared for contact before 10-12 weeks. So take that for whatever you like. The good news is his legs still work just fine. 

Honestly, if I had him and he came back at week 13, I likely don't play him because that's right around fantasy playoff time and I'm not hitching my ride to a guy who hasn't carried a football in 3 months. Even if he is David Johnson. Although, if I have David Johnson and I make the playoffs, chances are I have nothing to lose anyways... 
If I had DJ and he came back in week 13, I wouldn't hesitate to start him.

Schefter reporting IR pending.... 

When does that take effect? How quick does CBS usually get that updated? Waivers run tonight.... 

Good question. Wish I had the answer. Guessing lots of owners are kinda stuck until the status changes. I know I am :(

Both Johnson and Robinson are only listed as Out (O) on MFL and I cant move 'em to IR until their status actually goes to IR which I suspect is waiting on the official move/paperwork by the team. I can see a delay on Johnson (as the surgery decision is very recent and the prognosis not necessarily season ending (ie they actually have some things to think about)) but in the case of AR, there is no doubt he's done for 2017 so I am a little surprised his status has not changed yet. In that case, I would think the Jags would want to get him IR'd ASAP to give them flexibility but they don't seem to be in much of a hurry.  

Update: I see AR now shows IR on both CBS and MFL.  

Users who are viewing this thread