What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Deneric Prince, KC (1 Viewer)

This may have been mentioned in one of these articles but it was reported he got $250k fully guaranteed but he came in just a little under at $236k. It's still one of the bigger UDFA deals this off-season, I'm sure some UDFA got more but if so I don't know who or how much only to say this is the highest one I have come across. If he makes the team he'll make about $75k more then Pachecho did last year as a 7th round pick.

All this to say they have shown a little commitment to him and if you are a follow the money type the difference in pay between McKinnon, Pachecho and Prince is right around $300K from the top(McKinnon) to the lowest(Prince). In terms of draft capital/acquisition cost not much difference either.

I did not forget CEH who the outlier in acquisition cost and is due about $1.9M this year of which around $1.3M is guaranteed. So a little savings if they cut him but not much, a decent pickup of close $2M however if they found someone who was wiling to trade for him.

Just some stuff to think about.

The Athletic's Nate Taylor writes "Among the Chiefs’ group of undrafted players, [Deneric] Prince’s odds of making the initial 53-man roster appear to be increasing the most."

Prince has especially shown well, per Taylor, as a receiver. Taylor adds: "Prince has made both simple receptions and impressive receptions, impressing the coaching staff and the player personnel department in the process," and quotes Andy Reid as saying that Prince has "really good hands." Prince could be a long-term challenger to Jerick McKinnon's role in the offense as a UDFA.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Jun 11, 2023 at 1:33 PM ET

Pete Sweeney @pgsween
Prince just has another gear when he catches the football, and it's rare to see from such a big body. I asked veteran RB Jerick McKinnon about Prince during the Wednesday presser.

McKinnon on Prince: "To be that big and that athletic is definitely rare. I think the first thing I texted the guys was, 'Who's 34? He's big as hell.' (laughing) And he's moving really fast. He's been definitely a standout for sure. I know the coaches love him. We love him."

:blackdot:

I watch a lot of college ball and only caught one of his games live. His measurables and metrics look great.

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters
“Another standout from the 7-on-7 period was rookie tailback Deneric Prince, who tallied multiple receptions during the session. Prince caught a pass near the sideline on a wheel route, a pass over the middle and another pass deep down the sideline a bit later. It was a strong first day for a player who generated considerable buzz throughout the offseason training program.”

I wonder if this kid could be an Arian Foster type...just flys well under the radar in fantasy circles and then explodes into a league winner.

I loaded up on this guy during my rookie drafts and instead of being happy to see these camp reports I'm actually getting stressed out trying to figure out how to fit him on some rosters.

Anyway since the cat is getting out of the bag here was another positive report I saw the other day:

Louis Riddick

@LRiddickESPN
·
Jul 24

Remember the name…Deneric Prince/KC ChiefsRBTulsa Undrafted CFA ‘23EARLY impression - standout of training camp thus far.Pads get put on soon.We will see what happens then.

I loaded up on this guy during my rookie drafts and instead of being happy to see these camp reports I'm actually getting stressed out trying to figure out how to fit him on some rosters.

Anyway since the cat is getting out of the bag here was another positive report I saw the other day:

Louis Riddick
@LRiddickESPN
·
Jul 24

Remember the name…Deneric Prince/KC ChiefsRBTulsa Undrafted CFA ‘23EARLY impression - standout of training camp thus far.Pads get put on soon.We will see what happens then.
Yes I loaded up during rookie drafts as well, and in my redraft/bestballs as well. But until he gets on TV in August he is still mostly unknown.

Aarowhead Pride’s Pete Sweeney says RB Deneric Prince’s spot on the Chiefs’ 53-man roster “should be written in ink” after his recent performance in training camp.

Prince was a combine hero earlier this offseason after he ran a 4.41 40-yard dash and posted a 9.57 RAS. A true size/speed specimen (6'0/216), Prince has the physical makeup of a player who could dominate with the ball in his hands. According to Sweeney, Prince is already “locked in as the kick returner,” and he “does not drop a pass.” It seems unlikely Prince would be a meaningful fantasy contributor in 2023, but he’s well worth a stash in dynasty leagues at this point.

Size, speed, supposedly can catch and plays special teams so he’s unlikely to be a game day inactive. I’m interested.

Deneric Prince rushed six times for 20 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs’ preseason game against the Cardinals.
Prince saw most of his action deep into this game, but he did punctuate the night with a physical plunge into the end zone from two yards out. He needs another strong showing in the Chiefs’ final preseason game to secure a roster spot because, despite a considerable amount of hype early in training camp, Prince could be on the roster bubble. Chiefs reporter Pete Sweeney said Prince may be on the outside looking in after Richie James worked as the primary kick returner to open this game.

bump CEH from undrafted in *several* leagues to at least a worthy WW pickup. and remove puke from stomach via mouth.
I take that back. Is available in 0 of my FFPC leagues, redraft or dynasty. But I think he went undrafted in a fair amount of my UD drafts, maybe a third of the time or something.

I'm hoping another team snags him for their practice squad. If you've noticed, KC kept him under wraps for most of the preseason. No doubt they've been planning to sneak him past waivers.

I'm hoping another team snags him for their practice squad. If you've noticed, KC kept him under wraps for most of the preseason. No doubt they've been planning to sneak him past waivers.
It’s possible, but I think much more frequently teams just drop players because they just aren’t as good as who they have. Or maybe they are as good but just don’t fit their scheme. Even if he does get on the PS, it’s probably a tough road to be fantasy relevant

He actually had a lot of touches for preseason, but was only able to muster up 79 yards on 22 carries, just 3.59 per carry average. He Just didn’t do anything to stand out. Even on his kick returns he looked pedestrian. They gave him 12 carries in the last preseason game, they weren’t trying to hide him, they gave him a chance to shine and he just didn’t. I was hoping he would be a dynasty gem but looks like he’s an easy cut now.

The benefit of churning the bottom of your roster gets lost when you, ya know, don't churn the bottom of your roster.

There's some RB who MADE a team that's not rostered in your league. Trade the guy you picked up because of a tweet for a guy actually on a team.

Would you guys (dynasty) drop Deuce Vaughn, Chris Rodriguez, or Abanikanda for him, or not?
Yeah I think I would give Prince a shot over Izzy or Rodriguez. It's tough because honestly all 4 guys are basically the same thing: hail mary prospects.

Losing out to MEH for the RB3 spot is not a great look. May want to look elsewhere for the next big find.
Some of that is likely just the reliability that MEH provides. He's not good but at least he is reliable, knows the offense, blocking schemes, etc. I don't think Prince is the Prince that was Promised (that clearly was Pacheco) but if he can just offer something, why not take a swing if you have the space? Pacheco could hurt and from there you never know.

Would you guys (dynasty) drop Deuce Vaughn, Chris Rodriguez, or Abanikanda for him, or not?
He's well rested which makes him....well you know.

But that's a hard no over Izzy, fine over the other two.
I guess with Cook and Hall dinged up, you are probably right.
I'm thinking longer term mainly tough them being banged up and Cook possibly getting the Zach Ertz treatment when they kill the Rodgers charade in a few weeks is not nothing.

But Izzy is about 2.5 years younger then Prince, I thought he looked really good in pre-season and Saleh has said a few times it's stuff like protection issues keeping him off the field and I think that's the kind of thing he can improve on next season. Believe he's a reason they canned Carter and should be odds on heavy favorite to handcuff Hall next year, unless GM Rodgers wants someone else that is.

He's well rested which makes him....well you know.

But that's a hard no over Izzy, fine over the other two.
I guess with Cook and Hall dinged up, you are probably right.
I'm thinking longer term mainly tough them being banged up and Cook possibly getting the Zach Ertz treatment when they kill the Rodgers charade in a few weeks is not nothing.

But Izzy is about 2.5 years younger then Prince, I thought he looked really good in pre-season and Saleh has said a few times it's stuff like protection issues keeping him off the field and I think that's the kind of thing he can improve on next season. Believe he's a reason they canned Carter and should be odds on heavy favorite to handcuff Hall next year, unless GM Rodgers wants someone else that is.
All good point for sure. Though longterm, Breece could be a killer. Pacheco is fun but the path to eat into his role is probably easier.

Losing out to MEH for the RB3 spot is not a great look. May want to look elsewhere for the next big find.
Some of that is likely just the reliability that MEH provides. He's not good but at least he is reliable, knows the offense, blocking schemes, etc. I don't think Prince is the Prince that was Promised (that clearly was Pacheco) but if he can just offer something, why not take a swing if you have the space? Pacheco could hurt and from there you never know.
In fairness I said this back on August 29th. The McKinnon injury changes things a little as there’s now an opportunity that didn’t exist up until now.

In fairness I said this back on August 29th. The McKinnon injury changes things a little as there’s now an opportunity that didn’t exist up until now.
I know, it just took me awhile to think of a fitting response ;)

Will be curious which RB is active today, Prince or Keaontay Ingram.
Surprised that the promotion went to Prince rather than La'Mical Perine, as have always heard that Perine has been ahead of Prince since preseason.

Sounds like Prince may be elevated again this week with Pacheco out. We'll see if he gets any opportunities this time.

Users who are viewing this thread