What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Derrick Henry, BAL (3 Viewers)

I traded Henry / McClaurin for DJ Chark (good schedule) and K.Hunt  (I have Chubb and Elliot).   I probably ensured Henry has an epic stretch run.  Thank me later!
Wow. I hope that works out for you but man I’d have pulled the trigger on the other side of that deal in a millisecond.

Wait. You’re playing Chubb over Henry at this point? No way I’d do that. Hunt has made Chubb’s PPR ability less than Henry’s now. Let alone eating into touches. And that team stinks for all it’s talent. CMC, Cook and maybe Elliott and Jacobs are the only backs I’d rather have right now.

And Cleveland’s putrid line can’t get Chubb the goal lines TDs.
Top 200 ROS FBG's has Chubb RB6, Barkley RB8 and Henry RB 11 (This doesn't include Bloom's which comes out later today, averaged in)

Top 200 ROS FBG's has Chubb RB6, Barkley RB8 and Henry RB 11 (This doesn't include Bloom's which comes out later today, averaged in)
Yeah well, there are numerous times I think that list is crazy. Two weeks ago Matt Ryan was ranked like 4th. Now he’s dropped to ninth. I don’t care if they ranked Chubb first, given the situations of both teams and Henry’s goal line work, not in a million years would I rather Chubb than Henry. That’s just me though...

ETA: no way I take Chubb over Barkley either even if he’s not 100%. Last two games chubbs PPR value has all been seriously diminished. And I really like Chubb and have more shares of him than the other two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah well, there are numerous times I think that list is crazy. Two weeks ago Matt Ryan was ranked like 4th. Now he’s dropped to ninth. I don’t care if they ranked Chubb first, given the situations of both teams and Henry’s goal line work, not in a million years would I rather Chubb than Henry. That’s just me though...

ETA: no way I take Chubb over Barkley either even if he’s not 100%. Last two games chubbs PPR value has all been seriously diminished.
Chubb Weeks 14-16   Bengals, @ Cards, Ravens (Week 14-15 is nice)

Barkley 14-16  @ Eagles, Dolphins, @ Redskins

Henry 14-16 @ Raiders, Texans, Saints  - if you make it to the finals it could be a Dion Lewis catch-up game.

People are debating Henry vs Chubb but no one is debating Chark vs McClaurin.  Sometimes you have to overpay to make your starting lineup better.  😕
Hey I like your style man. Sometimes you gotta be aggressive or think outside the box. 2 weeks ago I traded Mahomes and Sutton for Micheal Thomas (I also have Brees ). So I get it. I wouldn’t have done your trade but I hope it works out for you!

Stud. Looks like a potential league winner. 

Got him for ARob a few weeks ago in dynasty, and even though ARob had a good game as well this week it still feels like stealing to get a bellcow like this before everyone is a believer. 

Derrick Henry tacked on 159 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries while converting his lone target for a gain of 16 yards Sunday in Tennessee’s Week 12 win over the Jaguars.

The former Heisman winner went scorched earth in this one, continuing his career-long domination of Jacksonville with another blowup in Week 12. Henry turned on the jets by rumbling to a 74-yard touchdown scamper in the third quarter, then went back for seconds with a seven-yard plunge just 16 seconds after his first end-zone dalliance. The fourth-year bull-dozer has eaten Jacksonville for breakfast, lunch and dinner, producing 459 yards and seven touchdowns in his last three encounters with Tennessee's division rival. Henry probably could have inflicted more carnage, but instead handed the keys to Dion Lewis for the final minutes of Sunday's blowout. The 25-year-old did lose a fumble (his second of the season), but that was his only false note. Henry needs just nine yards for 1,000, a mark he should reach with ease next week at Tennessee.

Derrick Henry produced 149 yards and a touchdown on 26 rushing attempts while supplying three catches for 17 yards on three targets Sunday in the Titans’ Week 13 victory over the Colts.

Henry steered the ship once again, clearing the century mark in rushing yards for the third straight game. Sunday's eruption put him over 1,000 yards for the season, a mark he also reached in 2018. Henry collected his 13th touchdown on a fourth-and-one opportunity in the third quarter, bullying his way to the pylon for a 13 yards. The former Heisman winner out-touched backfield-mate Dion Lewis by a commanding 28-1 margin in Sunday's victory, extending Tennessee's win streak to three in the process. CBS announcer Kevin Harlan called Henry a "sledgehammer," an apt description for the Titans' fourth-year havoc-wreaker. Henry will be a no-doubt RB1 when the Titans visit Oakland in Week 14.

Wanted to get this thread starred, but will at least offer some value to the thread in doing so...

Traded 2 late firsts and a late 3rd for him at the deadline to a rebuilding team.  It was a lot to give up, but I think this guy is clearly the real deal and probably a top 5 dynasty RB asset right now.  I could have had Mel Gordon for the same package and chose Henry.

This guy is fantastic. Going from having him everywhere in dynasty to having him nowhere this season is going next to Davante Adams for my biggest dynasty regrets.

This guy is fantastic. Going from having him everywhere in dynasty to having him nowhere this season is going next to Davante Adams for my biggest dynasty regrets.
Don't feel bad. 90% of dynasty owners posting here wouldn't have him either if we had gotten a halfway decent offer. 

Wanted to get this thread starred, but will at least offer some value to the thread in doing so...

Traded 2 late firsts and a late 3rd for him at the deadline to a rebuilding team.  It was a lot to give up, but I think this guy is clearly the real deal and probably a top 5 dynasty RB asset right now.  I could have had Mel Gordon for the same package and chose Henry.
Henry>Gordon, easily. And I would give that up for him as well. 

Don't feel bad. 90% of dynasty owners posting here wouldn't have him either if we had gotten a halfway decent offer. 
I bought after the way they finally rode him last year. I didn't see any reason why they'd go away from that in the final year of his contract.

I bought after the way they finally rode him last year. I didn't see any reason why they'd go away from that in the final year of his contract.
Yep. I bought him in August for a late 2020 first.

Now, the follow up question to that is: how do we feel about next year?

Is he going to be a Titan again? 

Is he a good sell in the off-season?

I plan to hold at least until we find out details of his next contract.

i cant see henry or management wanting to change the direction the team is going.
I would like this very much. If this happens, I will most likely hold and sell another RB on my roster.

However, I am always open to trading anyone on my team for the right price (except L. Jackson since I'm a Louisville guy).

In Henry's case, I would not want draft picks as the primary target, rather I would try to improve my WRs a bit. I am currently much better off in the RB department.

Derrick Henry (hamstring) was limited for Wednesday's practice.

Henry was listed with a hamstring injury last week then pulverized Indianapolis' front-seven for a season-high 26 carries and 149 rushing yards, one touchdown, and 5.73 YPA. He'll be ready to go as a top-five option against Oakland in Week 14.

SOURCE: Turron Davenport on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 4:03 PM ET

I can't figure out who would be more valuable (ppr) if Henry is unable to go.

Dion Lewis? Khari Blasingame?

Apologies if this is more of an Assistant Coach topic.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/05/derrick-henry-back-to-practice-thursday/

Titans running back Derrick Henry didn’t practice on Wednesday and landed on the injury report with a hamstring issue, but there doesn’t appear to be much risk of him missing Sunday’s game against the Raiders.

Henry was back on the field Thursday as this week seems to be following a similar pattern as last week. Henry rested early in the week, got in some practice work and was 100 percent when it came time to face the Jaguars.

Henry had 26 carries for 149 yards and a touchdown in that win to continue a hot streak that has moved him up to third place in rushing yards this season.

Dion Lewis? Khari Blasingame?

Apologies if this is more of an Assistant Coach topic.
Henry looks ready, but to answer the general question, Dion is the guy. He has been in a starting role before, has experience with the Titans system, and is way more a known quantity than Blasingame, who is a bit of a FB/RB hybrid, and who the Titans picked up from the Vikings PS for depth. He's a big power runner, but was a back-up through college, so Dion has to be the cuff.

Derrick Henry (hamstring) was removed from the Week 14 injury report.

Henry was cleared after getting in a full practice Friday. He'll see his full workload for Sunday's matchup with a Raiders defense that's allowing 135 scrimmage yards to running backs. Henry is in a great spot to extend his touchdown streak to five games this week.

Dec 6, 2019, 7:35 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Titans have not had extension talks with Derrick Henry.

The Titans do not generally negotiate with players in season, though it's surprisingly they haven't at least broached the subject with Henry, who has arguably been their best player in 2019. Due to their high burnout rate and risk of injury, most teams have been reluctant to pay big money for workhorse backs and those who have taken the plunge have mostly regretted it. With that said, their should be a strong market for Henry, the NFL's third-leading rusher this year and arguably the Titans' best player. The soon-to-be 26-year-old could command a deal similar to the four-year, $52.5 million haul Le'Veon Bell received from the Jets this offseason.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Dec 8, 2019, 11:33 AM ET

Bills, Chiefs, Steelers, Colts, Texans. 

He’d look fantastic on all of them if the Titans don’t pay up. 

Word is he is going to be franchised. Like I said earlier, it buys them a year to say "show us again' before giving him a lengthy contract.

Their FB got hurt so Jonnu moves back to the FB role and Firkser should get his 3 catches with a couple red zone targets

Users who are viewing this thread