What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB DeShaun Foster Negotiating w/Panthers (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Even though he's finished three of his four years on injured reserve, the Panthers remain in favor of Foster.

"We've always said it -- we love DeShaun Foster and we'd love to have him back," general manager Marty Hurney said. "But this time of year, it's hard to tell what's going to happen."

Foster agent, David Dunn, didn't want to comment on the negotiations last week, and Hurney didn't shed much light either.

But the fact remains, the two sides are talking, and that's not true of all the Panthers free agents. So long as the numbers he's seeking aren't astronomical, the odds favor his return compared to any of the other backs on the market.
LINK

This is great news. I'd love to see Foster back in a Panther uniform. They just need to get a healthy compliment.

Duckett??

Even though he's finished three of his four years on injured reserve, the Panthers remain in favor of Foster.

"We've always said it -- we love DeShaun Foster and we'd love to have him back," general manager Marty Hurney said. "But this time of year, it's hard to tell what's going to happen."

Foster agent, David Dunn, didn't want to comment on the negotiations last week, and Hurney didn't shed much light either.

But the fact remains, the two sides are talking, and that's not true of all the Panthers free agents. So long as the numbers he's seeking aren't astronomical, the odds favor his return compared to any of the other backs on the market.
LINK
Foster's a bit of a misfit. I don't think he works as an every-down feature back. He's explosive and very talented, but I think we can take the point as proven that he can't take the pounding over a full season.OTOH, he's not exactly a big-play back in the mold of Tater or Willie Parker, either. He's more similar to these backs than he is to Alexander or LT, but he doesn't have quite the speed of these other guys.

I think it's a good signing for Carolina. But I think they need to work in another back (Goings? maybe, but probably not) who can carry the load in the second half and get the hard yard when they need it.

This is great news. I'd love to see Foster back in a Panther uniform. They just need to get a healthy compliment.

Duckett??
Duckett would be an excellent replacement for S. Davis.

LINK
Foster's a bit of a misfit. I don't think he works as an every-down feature back. He's explosive and very talented, but I think we can take the point as proven that he can't take the pounding over a full season.OTOH, he's not exactly a big-play back in the mold of Tater or Willie Parker, either. He's more similar to these backs than he is to Alexander or LT, but he doesn't have quite the speed of these other guys.

I think it's a good signing for Carolina. But I think they need to work in another back (Goings? maybe, but probably not) who can carry the load in the second half and get the hard yard when they need it.
That reminds me of a certain "best player to come out of the draft in years".

Foster/Shelton/Goings would be a nice threesome.

Foster needs the Panthers and the Panthers aren't finding anyone as talented for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread