What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jamaal Williams, NO (1 Viewer)

Saints activated RB Jamaal Williams from injured reserve.

Williams will officially play in Week 7 against the Jaguars after missing the Saints’ last four games. Thursday night will mark the first time he and Alvin Kamara have shared a backfield this season, which makes Williams’ usage hard to predict in his return. Kamara played on 80 percent of the Saints’ offensive snaps in Week 6 and is averaging 8.3 targets per game since returning in Week 4. Fantasy managers in need of running back help can stash Williams this week, but we wouldn’t advise starting him.

Miller time.
Happy hour was cancelled
Williams looked absolutely cooked last night. 5 carriers for 14 yards. I'm not sure this is the flex you think it is lol.
I was talking about for the time being. I have Miller in a few leagues and I like his future, but maybe not right now.
Well yes he was always a cuff/hope he would get the back end work in a committee with Kamara. I am going to drop him since all rbs made it out of the game healthy. He could have some value if Kamara went down but I am going to look elsewhere for now.

Seems like a handcuff with limited value with a healthy Kamara. As on older soul that still believes in the handcuff theory I have him rostered as a Kamara owner.

Saints HC Dennis Allen said Jamaal Williams was on a pitch count in his Week 7 return against the Jaguars.

Allen plans to ramp up Williams’ workload in the coming weeks after giving him just five carries in Week 7. Williams played on 22.2 percent of the Saints’ offensive snaps in the loss to the Jaguars, but with Alvin Kamara playing an every-down role, it will be interesting to see how involved the Saints want Williams to be. It wouldn’t be surprising to see Williams step into some sort of goal-line role after thriving in those short yardage situations with the Lions in 2022, but Williams could be hard to trust in fantasy as long as Kamara is healthy. Allen also said Kendre Miller was dealing with a bit of a shoulder issue prior to Week 7, but he hopes to get him more involved going forward as well.

Users who are viewing this thread