What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James White, NE (1 Viewer)

I'd start at least Diggs over him.

That being said I like White this week and actually have him in a few daily lineups.

I'd start at least Diggs over him.

That being said I like White this week and actually have him in a few daily lineups.
Not to turn this into a Diggs thread or an AC question but Diggs HS a really tough matchup. Atl has a great pass defense, and I'm smelling a low scoring defensive fair bw atl and minn.

Minn throws so little in game scripts like that that it's hard to trust Diggs. You're basically hoping he breaks one for a td. But if he doesn't it's a solid but unspectacular 60 yards. In standard leagues that won't kill you but i want more upside in my flex this week.

Back to white. Seriously...wtf is Brady going to throw the ball to? We saw last week that against a good pass rush gronk is neutralized BC he stays in to help block for Brady given that the o line is in shambles.

No Edelman, no amendola...no Dobson. He's got lafell, a hobbled Keyshawn Martin, and Chris Harper?

If white isn't very involved this week he might never be.

Not a great stat line, especially compared to Bolden.

White: 3 rush att, 1 yd, 5 Tgt, 2 Rec, 5 yds

Bolden: 4 rush att, 11 yds, 4 Tgt, 4 Rec, 84 yds 1 TD

Is this guy droppable now? Or a hold? What say ye

I'm not sure what you would be holding him for. Lewis has been out for weeks now and White is just not involved at all.

It's really uncanny how easily he goes down at first contact. Have never checked any stats, just going based on what I've seen of him, but it just seems like he has almost zero chance of breaking even arm tackles. And he's not very elusive either. Horrible combination.

And before anyone comments, I was shocked that he slipped a tackle on his receiving TD along the right sidelines a couple weeks back. That's about the only one I can remember him not being brought down by.

I'm not sure what you would be holding him for. Lewis has been out for weeks now and White is just not involved at all.
I wanted to hold for a few games and see ... I think maybe we've seen enough :)

But yeah prior to the Denver game, he only played 2 games after Dion went down and that second game he had 2 TDs, albeit a low amount of touches. I was hoping to see more game 3 but it got worse :( Back to the waiver wire he will go.

Bolden is too pedestrian and Blount isn't dynamic enough.

I think we're gonna be seeing a reasonable amount of James White the ROS.

5-8 carries
5-8 targets

I think Gronk being on the field actually makes him better.

Welp... Belichick gets us again. 115 yards on 10 receptions and a TD.
That really had nothing to do with Belichick and more to do with the fact the Patriots were trailing big the entire second half. Blount's not going to sniff the field when they are in full out pass mode.

Pipes said:
oddsbodkins said:
Welp... Belichick gets us again. 115 yards on 10 receptions and a TD.
That really had nothing to do with Belichick and more to do with the fact the Patriots were trailing big the entire second half. Blount's not going to sniff the field when they are in full out pass mode.
Of course... just having some fun (as a guy who dropped him last week).

Rotoworld:

James White caught 7-of-8 targets for 71 yards and a touchdown in the Patriots' Week 15 win over the Titans.

He added a six-yard rush. White ended up with easily the most yards from scrimmage of any Patriots back, and was the second most targeted player on the team behind Rob Gronkowski. With Danny Amendola injuring his knee Sunday, White could be needed for a similar role in Week 16. He's shaping up as a legit RB3/FLEX, but isn't quite to RB2 status. Things are just too unpredictable in Bill Belichick's backfield.

Dec 20 - 6:03 PM

Gottabesweet said:
Hoping I can claim him in a short bench league. Hoping he gets a ton of catches vs the Jets and potentially Amendola out.
Pats didn't even bother running the ball in the first matchup with the Jets. I see that same philosophy being used again Sunday. Harris and DeMario Davis are pretty slow in coverage. I see White having a really nice game and I am starting him with confidence over Lamar Miller.

James White is expected to open the season as the Patriots' primary passing-game back.
This results from Dion Lewis' second knee surgery, which will likely keep him on reserve/PUP for the first six games. Lewis should be scratched off draft boards in most leagues. White becomes an intriguing mid- to late-round pick in PPR drafts after he piled up 37 catches in the Patriots' final eight games last year, including the playoffs. We would recommend against overdrafting White, however, as he may begin to go off the board aggressively immediately following the Lewis news. White will have to play his first four games with Jimmy Garoppolo and is a major talent downgrade from Lewis. He'll be a low-end RB2/flex option to open the season in PPR, but has next to no value in standard leagues.

Aug 21 - 2:00 PM

I guess but I wasn't very impressed with him last year.
While he may not be an overly impressive player, the opportunity on a high volume offense that is almost always favored makes him pretty valuable in PPR.

Pulled this from twitter:

James White fully in play as a flex option. Closed last season as PPR RB7, 67, 2, 14, 7, 23, 35 over the final seven weeks

Lewis should be scratched off draft boards in most leagues.
Wow. I would definitely not agree with this. He may miss most of the first half of the season, but his potential value when he returns is too high to scratch him from your draft board completely.  Unless you have a very short bench, I would not hesitate to grab Lewis late. 

I guess but I wasn't very impressed with him last year.
His overall numbers were inflated by the game against Philly where he caught a ton of late balls when the Patriots fell behind by 21 at home, which rarely happens, but the receiving back in NE always has value.  

Jeez, nothing all season on this guy?  Only thread I could find.

Thoughts on him tonight?  Does he take over any of Gronks targets?

Went back and forth between Collins and White in standard and went with Collins. It won't surprise me if White scampers into the end zone tonight though, he's due for a TD.

Well considering he is NE's RB2 while also being their WR3 .... I'll take the over.

White will also be the top fantasy producer in NE's backfield this year (PPR).

Looking like a great RB4/5. Have Burkhead as a keeper so nice to lock up the Pats backfield. Michel can do his thing for someone else, hah. 

The health and availability of Michel and Burkhead has no bearing on White. 

RBs have been hurt pretty regularly since White came to town. In 55 career games, White has had only one game with more than 7 carries. 

If Michel and Burkhead are out, Hill it Gillislee will get the carries. And if they get hurt, Webb would come up from the practice squad (if that’s where they stick him).

White should see an uptick in targets with Edelman out, but his role is pretty well defined and running the ball consistently is not his job.

The health and availability of Michel and Burkhead has no bearing on White. 

RBs have been hurt pretty regularly since White came to town. In 55 career games, White has had only one game with more than 7 carries. 

If Michel and Burkhead are out, Hill it Gillislee will get the carries. And if they get hurt, Webb would come up from the practice squad (if that’s where they stick him).

White should see an uptick in targets with Edelman out, but his role is pretty well defined and running the ball consistently is not his job.
Anyone know how many RBs did the Pats keep in the final 53 last season?

He has a "slight tear" in his knee, I just assumed it was the ACL for some reason. My mistake.

But a tears a tear. I bet against the guys with tears in their knee, even if they're only partial. 
I agree that Burkhead includes risk..he doesn't have a great injury history.  Add on top of that the lack of solid information from the Pats....

That being said, a tear can be a sprain, strain , or a tear.  all are technically tears.  One (or maybe a couple) of these back are fantasy gold..just gotta get out the pan, sift, and hope you have a nugget! 

Users who are viewing this thread