What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James White, NE (2 Viewers)

ESPN's Mike Reiss reports that Patriots RB James White (hip) was "still walking with what appeared to be an uncomfortable gait" at a community appearance on Wednesday.

Reiss has previously discussed White as a PUP candidate, and nothing we're reading here should dissuade you from believing that will be the case. Rhamondre Stevenson, Pierre Strong, and J.J. Taylor are all candidates to take over shares of a passing-down role with the Patriots if White isn't ready for the start of the season. Stevenson's fantasy value in particular would skyrocket if he became the main back for New England on passing downs. 

RELATED: 

Rhamondre Stevenson

SOURCE: ESPN

Jul 17, 2022, 1:26 PM ET

RB James White announced his retirement from the NFL.​

White was drafted by the Patriots in 2014 and played all eight seasons of his career in New England. White rushed only 355 times in his entire career, including the playoffs, totaling 1,424 rushing yards and 16 TDs. White's value came primarily as a dynamic receiver out of the backfield. In his six seasons with at least 14 games played, White never had less than 40 receptions, peaking with an 87-751-7 regular season receiving line on 123 targets in 2018. White also appeared to get better with age. His yards per route run increasd in every season from 2017-2021 and he finished with an elite 2.11 YPRR over his final two seasons. White's final season was cut short by a hip injury, and the Patriots signed Ty Montgomery In the offseason as an apparent contingency plan. Montgomery, a former wide receiver, will likely play a similar role in the offense this season. Formerly a Day 3 pick out of Wisconsin, White will be remembered as a key contributor for multiple Super Bowl teams, most notably posting a 14-110-1 receiving line on 16 targets and a 6-29-2 rushing line in the Patriots' 34-28 come from behind victory over the Falcons.
RELATED:
SOURCE: James White on Twitter
Aug 11, 2022, 11:05 AM ET

Great, now who are they going to go to when they are down 28-3.
...and he should have been the MVP of that SB. 20 touches for 139 yards and 3 TDs ... Including the game winner.. Sheesh. Brady didn't need another one there and even admitted White should have got it.
Brady couldn't even give White the MVP truck cus Chevy didn't give one that year. Sniveled again.
I will wear my away white White jersey proudly this season.

Great, now who are they going to go to when they are down 28-3.
...and he should have been the MVP of that SB. 20 touches for 139 yards and 3 TDs ... Including the game winner.. Sheesh. Brady didn't need another one there and even admitted White should have got it.
Brady couldn't even give White the MVP truck cus Chevy didn't give one that year. Sniveled again.
I will wear my away white White jersey proudly this season.
So far in camp, NE has been giving Harris, Stevenson, and Montgomery work out of the backfield. They also have been lining up Montgomery off the line as a receiver (similar to how they used Burkhead). As of now, there probably won't be one player to fill the role that White had (and no RB that will see 5-7 targets a game).

Given that they are trying to go to a zone blocking scheme (which hasn't gone well), the OL has struggled, the defense is suspect, and it's looking more and more like a RBBC, the Pats may be passing more and running less this year. I'd be gun shy to draft a NE back unless one fell far enough where there wasn't much risk. If I had to pick one, Stevenson has the most upside and could get the majority of touches by halfway into the season. I don't think Harris will score a TD a game again.

Users who are viewing this thread