What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jonathan Taylor, IND (3 Viewers)

Guys are saying 1.1 for fantasy rookie drafts.  He's not going first overall in the NFL draft.  The #1 overall pick in the NFL draft hasn't been a RB since 1995.
Yeah but that worked out so well for the Bengals... Not much has changed there, unfortunately. 

I don't think anyone really thinks he's the NFL 1.1.  He isn't going to be in Dynasty league either, maybe 1 QB leagues... 

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor has scored on the team's opening drive in all five games this season, according to Chris Vannini of The Athletic.

Taylor (5'11/219) has 16 total touchdowns through five games this season, so maybe it should come as no surprise that he kicks off every game with a touchdown. Wisconsin are the only team in the country to score a touchdown on each opening drive this season, by extension making Taylor the only player to do so. How long Taylor can keep this up, nobody knows, but it's clear that he is talented enough and runs behind a strong enough OL to potentially keep up the streak for the entire year. Wisconsin face a stout Michigan State defense next Saturday.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Oct 6, 2019, 11:13 AM ET

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor was named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week for his five-touchdown effort in Saturday's win over Kent State.

Not a surprise that Taylor (5'11/219) would win the honor, as he tied a Wisconsin single-game school record with the five scores (Melvin Gordon, 2014). He is also the first Big Ten running back to score five touchdowns in a game since Saquon Barkley did so for Penn State in 2016. Taylor should face greater resistance this coming weekend, as the Badgers host Michigan State.

SOURCE: Big Ten Conference

Oct 7, 2019, 10:43 AM ET

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor handled 26 carries for 80 yards and two touchdowns while catching three passes for 22 yards in Saturday's 38-0 win over Michigan State.

In terms of efficiency, Taylor (5'11/219) didn't have his best day, but he kept on chugging along to slowly wear out the Spartans defense. No drive encapsulates Taylor's day than the 15-play, 92-yard scoring drive Wisconsin had to open the half, in which Taylor carried the ball eight times. It was peak Wisconsin bully ball. Maybe the rushing offense wasn't pretty, but the 38-0 final score sure is. Wisconsin will look to keep the undefeated season going against Illinois next week.

Oct 12, 2019, 6:47 PM ET

Yeah but that worked out so well for the Bengals... Not much has changed there, unfortunately. 

I don't think anyone really thinks he's the NFL 1.1.  He isn't going to be in Dynasty league either, maybe 1 QB leagues... 
i.e. the vast majority of leagues?

Most leagues are one QB leagues

Most leagues are one QB leagues
I'm not so sure about that.  It used to be, sure, but good luck finding a 1 QB startup dynasty league now.  They are out there, but probably 85 percent of startups are superflex. 

Superflex >>>>>> 1QB

A poll in the superflex forum shows most players play mostly in superflex.  Who'dda thunk it?????
LOL, didn't catch that it was in the superflex sub.  I thought the numbers were a little high... 

For startups though, it's definitely a lot more SF than 1 QB.  I was looking for a devy league this spring and it's almost all superflex for startups.  It took a long time to find what I wanted so I looked at a lot of leagues. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hope everyone in my leagues takes this guy over Jeudy, 
I think the combine will shuffle everything, as it usually does. 

Somebody will have an insane combine and vault to the top of the group of elite studs who have a shot at it.  

Taylor's combine vs. Swift's combine will probably decide the first RB off the board.  If Jeudy or even Ruggs gets drafted to the right spot with the right draft capital they will probably be 1.1 IMO. 

I expect Ruggs to rise like crazy.  I guess he already has a lot. 

I think the combine will shuffle everything, as it usually does. 

Somebody will have an insane combine and vault to the top of the group of elite studs who have a shot at it.  

Taylor's combine vs. Swift's combine will probably decide the first RB off the board.  If Jeudy or even Ruggs gets drafted to the right spot with the right draft capital they will probably be 1.1 IMO. 

I expect Ruggs to rise like crazy.  I guess he already has a lot. 
The draft will really scramble it.  Look at what happened to Hollywood when he went to BAL (and how bad an overreaction that might have been).  Wanna see Taylor and Jeudys' values tank?  Watch what happens when they go to SFO and New Orleans respectively.

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor rushed 28 times for 132 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 24-23 upset loss to Illinois.

That over 100 yards rushing and a touchdown is a "down" game for Taylor (5'11/219) speaks to his talent. Taylor has been held to just one score on only one other occasion this year, which was against Northwestern almost a month ago. 4.7 yards per attempt is also his third-lowest mark of the season, faring only better than his Michigan State game from last week and the aforementioned Northwestern game. With a slew of QBs showing out week after week, the Heisman dream for Taylor may be dwindling, but a second-straight Doak Walker award is well within reason.

Oct 19, 2019, 3:32 PM ET

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor ran for 52 yards on 20 carries in a 38-7 loss to Ohio State on Saturday.

We have not seen Taylor struggle very often in his two-plus years with the Badgers. This would qualify as a struggle. Of course, very little -- if any of it -- is his fault; the junior tailback was given absolutely no room to run against a Buckeyes' defense that is vastly improved and clearly wasn't going to let the 5-foot-11, 219-pound tailback. Still, it's a very disappointing day for a player that we have grown accustomed to putting up big numbers. Expect Taylor to get back on track in two weeks when the Badgers take on Iowa.

Oct 26, 2019, 3:09 PM ET

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor rushed 31 times for 250 yards in a 24-22 victory over Iowa on Saturday.

Taylor (5'11/219) posted his season-high in carries against a Hawkeyes defense that hadn't allowed a 100-yard rusher all season. In fact, Taylor's 250 yards rushing are the most rushing yards ever by a Wisconsin player against Iowa, surpassing Ron Dayne's 216 back in 1999. Taylor's heavy workload helped Wisconsin outgain Iowa 473 - 295 total yards in the contest. The Badgers travel to Lincoln next Saturday to take on Nebraska.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:38 PM ET

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor earned 5.61 yards per attempt after contact against Iowa on Saturday, per Pro Football Focus.

5.61 yards per carry is pretty dang good on its own, much less just for an after-contact average. Taylor (5'11/219) had his second 200-yard game of the season against Iowa, in large part because he just bounced off tacklers and continued to accelerate down the field afterward. Oddly enough, Taylor's only other 200-yard game of the season was against Michigan a couple of months ago. With performances like these, it's no wonder Taylor may end up as the first RB off the board in April.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Nov 11, 2019, 6:26 PM ET

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor rushed 25 times for 204 yards and two touchdowns in a 37-21 win over Nebraska this Saturday.

Taylor (5'11/219) passed Hershel Walker for the most rushing yards in history for a player through his junior season in the contest. It his second straight 200-yard game and his sixth multi-touchdown game of the season. Nebraska kept pace with Nebraska for the early going until Taylor rushed for a one-yard touchdown with 5:03 left to make it 24-14. Taylor then put the Badgers up 20 points with an 11-yard touchdown run, effectively putting the game out of reach at 34-14. Wisconsin racked up 320 rushing yards overall against the over-matched Cornhuskers and will host Purdue next Saturday.

Nov 16, 2019, 6:16 PM ET

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor rushed 28 times for 222 yards and one touchdown in a 45-24 win over Purdue this Saturday.

Taylor (5'11/219) rushed for 200 yards for the 12th time in his illustrious career. He now owns the all-time FBS record for most rushing yards by a junior with 5,856. Wisconsin was ruthlessly efficient on third-down, converting nine-of-eleven opportunities and rushing 55 times for a whopping 403 total yards with a 7.3 YPC. It should be noted that Taylor walked around Camp Randall stadium shaking hands signifying that he likely intends to enter the NFL Draft. Taylor has consistently been ranked in the top-three of draft eligible running backs and is in the mix to be a first-round selection. Wisconsin travels to Happy Valley to play Penn State for their final regular season game.

Nov 23, 2019, 10:06 PM ET

How many did he have? I thought just 1. I'm not sure that fumble was 100% on him either. >50% sure
2...one where it was knocked out, the other was just after the exchange with a receiver running the wildcat zone/read.

The fumbles are his weakness, but its a big weakness.
He's improved as a receiver this year as well.  He had a total of 16 receptions in two years before this year, which he now has 20 in 2019   I'm still not sure about his receiving chops however.  It hurts RBs in fantasy is when they leave the field on 3rd down.

I stand to be holding 1.2 and 1.3 in my main dynasty league. I am hoping Taylor isnt the 1.1 for selfish reasons. IMO he should be the top back off the board. I don't think anyone can go wrong between Swift and Taylor though. They are very close in the top tier for me. Most have Swift in a tier of his own. Hoping that stays the case, and it very well may be as Swift seems to be the only RB that so far has been expected to go in the 1st round of the nfl draft. 

He's improved as a receiver this year as well.  He had a total of 16 receptions in two years before this year, which he now has 20 in 2019   I'm still not sure about his receiving chops however.  It hurts RBs in fantasy is when they leave the field on 3rd down.
I think he has shown he can catch...but yeah still has work to do.  He isn't a guy like Kamara or McCaffrey or even now Aaron Jones.  But i think capable of running a few routes and catching dump offs.

Id say he is a bot better than a guy like Derrick Henry.

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor carried the ball 18 times for 76 yards with two touchdowns and added two receptions with another score in a 38-17 rout of Minnesota on Saturday.

Taylor's first score came on a 28-yard touchdown down the sideline from Jack Coan that gave the Badgers a 10-7 lead with 2:49 left in the first half. His next two touchdowns came on the ground from 11 and one yard out, respectively. This was billed as an elite matchup -- and for good reason -- but it was all Wisconsin, and they take home the Paul Bunyan Axe and also get to play Ohio State next Saturday for the Big Ten championship.

Nov 30, 2019, 6:53 PM ET

I think he has shown he can catch...but yeah still has work to do.  He isn't a guy like Kamara or McCaffrey or even now Aaron Jones.  But i think capable of running a few routes and catching dump offs.

Id say he is a bot better than a guy like Derrick Henry.
Even though he caught a TD pass yesterday, the drop on a simple dump off was glaring.

Even though he caught a TD pass yesterday, the drop on a simple dump off was glaring.
But the TD catch was pretty. Back shoulder catch by an RB is always nice to see.  There are tools there...definitely need to be worked on some more.

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor needs just 68 rushing yards to become the first FBS player in history to gain over 6,000 career rushing yards in just three seasons of play, per Wisconsin Football.

Taylor (5'11/219) currently has 5,932 career rushing yards in just under three seasons. With 68 more yards, Taylor would become the seventh player in history to clear the 6,000 yard mark and the only one to do so in three seasons. Others in the 6,000+ club include fellow Badger RB Ron Dayne, Ricky Williams (Texas), DeAngelo Williams (Memphis), and Tony Dorsett (Pitt). Clearing this mark would put Taylor in rare company.

SOURCE: Wisconsin Football on Twitter

Dec 5, 2019, 10:07 AM ET

Wisconsin junior RB Jonathan Taylor ran for 148 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries in a 34-21 loss to Ohio State on Saturday in the Big Ten Championship Game.

Ohio State had not allowed a hundred-yard rusher all year. Taylor did it in the first half. The 5-foot-11, 219-pound tailback rumbled in from 44 yards in the first quarter, and he set up another score in the second with a very impressive 45-yarder. The second half, however, proved fruitless, and the Buckeyes shut down the impressive tailback in the final 30 minutes. Assuming Taylor plays in his bowl game, he has as chance for back-to-back 2,000 yard seasons. That bowl game could be the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

Dec 7, 2019, 11:50 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread