What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jonathan Taylor, IND (1 Viewer)

He never impressed me, last season or yet this year.  He's shown some great flashes against awful teams and he's seemingly on a hot streak the past two weeks.  Maybe I'm missing something but he's well behind CMC, Harris, Cook and Kamara.

He smashes awful teams. I love him. His 253/2 game in week 16 last year is why I drafted him this year. 

I'm playing him this week, thankfully he didn't go off for more. He could have had the Hines TD and 2 more TD's with the stop on 4th down (I think he had 3 goaline carries that drive) and the Wentz 1 yard TD to Pinter? (spelling?). He always destroys bad teams. 

Bucs and Bills matchups coming up aren't that great but NE ARI and LV is a pretty good playoff schedule.

I think he'll do fine in the harder matchups. They just have to remember he is a pretty good receiver and operates well in space. 

I honestly think he looks great. I'm not sure how people aren't impressed with him lol

"not impressive" RB's don't throw up 200 YFS games this often this early in their career 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad coaches force feed their star RBs 30 times per game.

I understand why they do it in Carolina, there is not much else they can do. But in Minnesota and Tennessee it's unforgivable. They have good QBs and at least one star WR.

The threat of guys like Dalvin, CMC, Henry and Taylor (arguably?) has just as much in game impact whether you hand them the ball or not.

Good coaches build complete offenses around star RB.

Chaka said:
Bad coaches force feed their star RBs 30 times per game.

I understand why they do it in Carolina, there is not much else they can do. But in Minnesota and Tennessee it's unforgivable. They have good QBs and at least one star WR.

The threat of guys like Dalvin, CMC, Henry and Taylor (arguably?) has just as much in game impact whether you hand them the ball or not.

Good coaches build complete offenses around star RB.
If you aren't handing them the ball enough, the "threat" lessens. I'd also argue that Cousins and Tannehill aren't particularly good QBs, and their flaws would be even more obvious if they didn't rely on their RBs as much as they do. Wentz (and Rivers last year) are in the same camp- not awful, but certainly not great either.

Good coaches play to their strengths and put their teams in a position to succeed, and Reich far too often doesn't do that. Last week was a prime example- they were winning or tied for almost the entire game, Taylor was running at a decent clip, yet they had Wentz throw 51 times while only giving Taylor 16 carries, allowing Wentz to literally throw the game away, drastically hurting their playoff chances. Tennessee on the other hand wasn't running the ball well at all with Henry yet they stuck with it until the Colts handed them the game.

We had this discussion a few years back in the Derrick Henry thread. It made no sense that they weren't giving him more carries at the time. He was a backup but still breaking off 70+ yd runs. 

Taylor is a similar type of back. A home run hitter that just needs more volume to eventually break off those huge runs. But if you give guys like this 30 carries a game, they will also eventually break down. 

Chaka said:
124 yards from scrimmage average, at least 110 yards from scrimmage in 7 of 9 games. 5.9 yards per carry, 12.7 yards per reception. Eight TDs in his last six games, with at least one in each game. 

I'm not impressed.
Plus the 6 game streak to end last season with 9 TDs total. 

As amazing as he has been I think everyone should take a minute to acknowledge what an amazing job that offensive line is doing and what an amazing unit Ballard & Reich put together.

His high school has about 300 kids in it total. 

The colts find them some south jersey small school gems. (Gary Bracket)

I bet no one else like me is actually going to lose this week with him in the lineup. 
Playing a guy with Rodgers, Cook, CMC, Aiyuk, Waller... And Nick Folk... Looks like I will likely be the second highest score for the week playing the top scorer. So I'll be joining you in losing with JT scoring 53+ for me unless Ekeler and Gronk pull something miraculous. 

What an incredible breakthrough game for him.  In the beginning of the year he was sharing time with Hines and the Colts were relying too much on Wentz who was turning the ball over left and right.  A game like this is a statement game not only because he scored 5 tds on one of the best teams on the road but because they essentially turned over the reigns to him and let him go and he was incredible.  

He had 32 carries, 32, and ran for 5.8 ypc.  They seem to be morphing to a Titans style offense where you know it’s coming but you still can’t stop it.  

Playing a guy with Rodgers, Cook, CMC, Aiyuk, Waller... And Nick Folk... Looks like I will likely be the second highest score for the week playing the top scorer. So I'll be joining you in losing with JT scoring 53+ for me unless Ekeler and Gronk pull something miraculous. 
Thank you Austin? 

I still can't believe I got JT in the third round of a Dynasty startup league last season. 

I still can't believe I took CEH in the first! 

What an incredible breakthrough game for him.  In the beginning of the year he was sharing time with Hines and the Colts were relying too much on Wentz who was turning the ball over left and right.  A game like this is a statement game not only because he scored 5 tds on one of the best teams on the road but because they essentially turned over the reigns to him and let him go and he was incredible.  

He had 32 carries, 32, and ran for 5.8 ypc.  They seem to be morphing to a Titans style offense where you know it’s coming but you still can’t stop it.  
Titans, 49ers, Eagles, Colts, Pats….ground and pound….seems to be the new trend because there a very few QBs who can direct modern passing schemes at peak efficiency.  

Thank you Austin? 
So close. That monster game from Ekeler was huge. I still need 23 from Gronk in PPR. I was a fool and thought Russ would get right this week.

I don't know that Ekeler will ever been valued where he should be in PPR now that he's older. He would be in the conversation with JT, CMC, Saquan, Najee. 

On topic: Is JT now officially in the untouchable range? 

Titans, 49ers, Eagles, Colts, Pats….ground and pound….seems to be the new trend because there a very few QBs who can direct modern passing schemes at peak efficiency.  
It's coming back because defenses are swinging for the fences with 2 high safeties and trying to take away deep passes. 

NFL is always a game of swinging too far in the other direction. Now RB's will become highly relevant again 

So close. That monster game from Ekeler was huge. I still need 23 from Gronk in PPR. I was a fool and thought Russ would get right this week.

I don't know that Ekeler will ever been valued where he should be in PPR now that he's older. He would be in the conversation with JT, CMC, Saquan, Najee. 

On topic: Is JT now officially in the untouchable range? 
No one is untouchble if the price is right. I just don't think you'll find another owner willing to give CMC + a draft pick for him, if not more than that 

I don't understand why this narrative persists. Wentz has six turnovers balanced against 19 TDs in 11 games.

He made two wildly stupid picks against Tennessee and that is what people remember. But he's actually been careful with the ball and highly efficient running the offense.

No one is untouchble if the price is right. I just don't think you'll find another owner willing to give CMC + a draft pick for him, if not more than that 

In a 12 team non-PPR dynasty league I unexpectedly received an offer after the Colts game yesterday of Taylor for my Dobbins, Javonte Williams and 2022 1st round pick. We're debating changing some rules for the league next year so I'm trying to get some resolution on the possible changes before I respond to the offer.

In a 12 team non-PPR dynasty league I unexpectedly received an offer after the Colts game yesterday of Taylor for my Dobbins, Javonte Williams and 2022 1st round pick. We're debating changing some rules for the league next year so I'm trying to get some resolution on the possible changes before I respond to the offer.
Are you a contender, and where does that pick land?  

Are you a contender, and where does that pick land?  

I'm definitely a playoff team this year but partly due to being in a weak division. Five other teams in the league have scored more points than I have. If rest of schedule plays out like it should my pick should be between 9 - 12 next year.  The team offering Taylor to me is a potential playoff team this year.

Definitely a fair offer and I probably make the deal.  Once you get in the playoffs anything can happen and having Taylor gives you an advantage.  

No guarantee Dobbins comes back to pre-injury form, Williams seems the part but probably not a top 5 guy and picks are a crap shoot.  I accept the deal.  

If he didn't have such a slow start he would be a crazy pace to just smash records
Nelson and Fisher being on unavailable  at the start of the year was certainly a factor

it took a few weeks for the running game to gel…

I take that offer and don’t worry about rule changes. Williams and dobbins seem to be better than average players but next years draft doesn’t look all that great to worry about losing that pick and missing out on trading for Taylor. 
take Taylor and don’t look back. He’s only 22YO so there’s that too

Users who are viewing this thread