What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Josh Jacobs, GB (1 Viewer)

I think going into the year, as the coach, your concern is what's the appropriate amount for work to give Jacobs. Going into week 4 he had 62 carries in 3 games. Gotta be in the back of your mind that the number might be a little high. Minnesota jumps out quick and huge. Seemed kinda smart to pick this spot to lower usage. He is 7th in carries after 4 weeks. Gotta believe at seasons end, barring injury, he is a lock for top ten in carries. He had 4 receptions week 4 which is more then first 3 weeks combined. Hopefully that's a trend. Love is back. Offense is good. Defense is decent. Barring health I am really not concerned with Jacobs fantasy wise

Dude had 5.7 ypc. He just didn't get carries. Not sure why with that success rate
Other than his 30+ carry game, I feel he has been underutilized. He seems not existent in the passing game.
Maybe he really just isn't that good. I fell for it.
I'd agree with that if he wasn't putting up good stats, but he is when he gets his number called. He just didn't get the carries. For the year, he's only had SIX touches/targets combined inside the 10 yard line and only 12 inside the 20. Compare that to Kyren Williams who has 31 carries/targets inside the 20. He isn't getting the valuable touches to offset the decrease in volume.

He's 7th in the NFL in rushing. Clear lead back on his team. Having a good season overall.

He's the only RB in the top 15 in rushing who hasn't scored a rushing TD yet, which is clearly an anomaly.

With Love back, the offense will be generating points, and Jacobs will get some end zone visits to boost his FF stats.

I think he's on track to outproduce his draft slot.

Statistically improbable for him to have the start he has had and the pieces just haven’t come together. All the underlying data is there and general positivity

Statistically improbable for him to have the start he has had and the pieces just haven’t come together. All the underlying data is there and general positivity
He's had unbelievably bad TD luck.

I mean, dope LaFleur loses his mind when the ball was on the 1 yard line robbing Jacobs of a TD attempt.

He was still being used in comeback mode. Had 4 catches. Good sign.

Positive regression candidate.

Wr corp might be missing Watson and Doubs. Going against a mediocre run defense. Playing an offense that has struggled. Time for Jacobs to eat and find that endzone. 100 yard game a TD incoming.

I littered this thread with posts suggesting his snap count would be less then he had with the Raiders and more in the 55-60% ratio. That was when I was assuming Dillon and Lloyd would be playing.

It's currently 63.4% so tick higher then I forecast but lower then I'd have thought if you told me Dillon and Lloyd were out of the picture.

If we thought or hoped we would be getting 2022 Josh Jacobs it's probably become clear by now we won't.

But I still think he's a massive positive regression candidate and his price got so cheap that I got him as late as round 5, usually in mid 4th. I mean sure I'd rather have drafted Kamara but you usually won't make the perfect pick and I think he's going to be ok for those of us who paid that kind of price for him. I don't at all hate that I drafted him. Not yet anyway.

Wr corp might be missing Watson and Doubs. Going against a mediocre run defense. Playing an offense that has struggled. Time for Jacobs to eat and find that endzone. 100 yard game a TD incoming.
60 yards, Wilson splits time and vultures the TD
What’s sad is you’re probably right
Nah I was just messing with @FarFromHome because he's got Jacobs in our Shark Pool league
I just don't like this side of you. Ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread