What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kerryon Johnson, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

Gotta think Scott and our Rookie RB both get a decent amount of work.  Would be shocked to see KJ play much of a roll at all if he makes the team.
I agree. I feel like the Johnson signing was more of the tipping point for a lot of Sanders owners/truthers and Gainwell and maybe Boston Scott are more the guys to be worried about taking touches away.

NJ.com's Chris Franklin reports Eagles RB Kerryon Johnson has the "inside edge" on Jordan Howard as the backs battle for a roster spot. 

Philadelphia beat writers expect the Eagles to keep Johnson or Howard, but not both. Johnson's pass-catching ability has so far made him a superior option to Howard, who has 32 receptions over the past three seasons. "There were concerns about Johnson’s knee coming into training camp, but it looks like it is holding up so far," Franklin said. "Johnson has caught the ball cleanly when the ball was thrown his way, and he is also taking a leadership role mentoring some of the younger running backs." Johnson would only become fantasy viable if Miles Sanders or Boston Scott missed time in 2021. 

RELATED: 

Jordan Howard

SOURCE: NJ.com 

Aug 6, 2021, 11:30 AM ET

One more knee injury and now cut from the Eagles.   Finally ready to put this horse down from my dynasty team.  

And yet, if I was told that this knee injury was minor and the Falcons scooped him up, I think I would jump right back on.

One more knee injury and now cut from the Eagles.   Finally ready to put this horse down from my dynasty team.  

And yet, if I was told that this knee injury was minor and the Falcons scooped him up, I think I would jump right back on.
Some guys are tough to quit on. I have him on one team I think dropping him is inevitable- but sure I’m going to wait until I need to cutdown and see what happens.

Some guys are tough to quit on. I have him on one team I think dropping him is inevitable- but sure I’m going to wait until I need to cutdown and see what happens.
At a certain roster size, he's still worth keeping.   For me, he's no longer worth protecting as one of my 19 keeps on a 24-man roster.   Keeping Damien Williams, Mims, and my only DST (NO) over him.   I still might look at re-drafting in round 5 of rookie / free agent draft on the chance that he lands at a half-way decent spot. 

At a certain roster size, he's still worth keeping.   For me, he's no longer worth protecting as one of my 19 keeps on a 24-man roster.   Keeping Damien Williams, Mims, and my only DST (NO) over him.   I still might look at re-drafting in round 5 of rookie / free agent draft on the chance that he lands at a half-way decent spot. 
sent to IR

Beat out by Jordan Howard?  Wow
Seemed to be injury-related why Kerryon was cut and Howard stayed, but both guys have obviously seen their better days. My guess is that Howard won't be on the roster long either unless injuries happen above him in the pecking order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seemed to be injury-related why Kerryon was cut and Howard stayed, but both guys have obviously seen their better days. My guess is that Howard won't be on the roster long either unless injuries happen above him in the pecking order.

Yes, after he cleared waivers he was placed on IR by the Eagles.

49ers signed RB Kerryon Johnson to the practice squad.

The Eagles waived Johnson from injured reserve with an injury settlement at the end of August after he was unable to beat out Kenneth Gainwell or Boston Scott as depth. He's merely an insurance signing after Raheem Mostert (knee surgery) was announced out for the year. Johnson will likely stay on the practice squad unless another injury occurs to San Francisco's backfield.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 14, 2021, 3:14 PM ET

I would have picked off Craig Reynolds off the Lions practice squad long before signing Kerryon Johnson who has zero chance of having an impact. 

Should also be worth noting that the Eagles had Kerryon in camp for about a month before releasing him. Not sure how much insight can be gained into gameplanning for the Niners this week and it wouldn't be the sole reason they signed a guy. 

Should also be worth noting that the Eagles had Kerryon in camp for about a month before releasing him. Not sure how much insight can be gained into gameplanning for the Niners this week and it wouldn't be the sole reason they signed a guy. 
He could probably tell the Niners quite a bit about the Eagles medical staff

sorry… just a bitter ex-Kerryon owner. 

Oh the irony if Kerryon comes to the 49ers backfield and becomes the picture of durability.   

So are we to understand that the most recent knee injury wasn't that major, and that him not making the Eagles and getting rejected by the Raiders was more about the pre-existing deterioration from previous injuries?

think he’s washed, probably not happening.

great kid, still only 24 right? it’s a shame he lost his burst, could have been good.

Promoted to the Active Roster for Sunday night's game.  I'm grabbing him where I can.  Not expecting a lot.  But if a bunch of nameless dudes can blow up in Shanny's offense--why not Kerryon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Promoted to the Active Roster for Sunday night's game.  I'm grabbing him where I can.  Not expecting a lot.  But if a bunch of nameless dudes can blow up in Shanny's offense--why not Kerryon?

Because he is not that good. 

Well, Jimmy G. Plays scared and just hands off or barely throws a pass behind the line of scrimmage. Johnson will be a top 3 back if Sermon tears his ACL. 
Garappolo is averaging 9.1 y/a, he averages 8.4 over his time in SF. That's doesn't happen with only bubble screens and quick slants. He has always had the ability and confidence to push the ball downfield.

Garappolo is averaging 9.1 y/a, he averages 8.4 over his time in SF. That's doesn't happen with only bubble screens and quick slants. He has always had the ability and confidence to push the ball downfield.
JG's avg pass is under 4 yards. He'll do that and take 10 min. To go 90 yards. It's great, assuming you aren't down much. Drain that time clock. But let's not pretend he pushes the ball down the field. How many completions beyond 10 yards did he have so far this year? 

SF is best when their running game is dominating and the Defense is for ing turnovers so JG doesn't have to play with pressure on him.

49ers waived RB Kerryon Johnson.

Johnson was available on the 53-man roster for two games but failed to record a single snap while Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) was sidelined. Jordan Matthews was signed to the practice squad in his place.

Likely never gonna be fantasy relevant again but people ought to know he's legit one of the funniest guys around.

Kerryon Johnson

@AyeyoKEJO

I once got told by Super Bowl appearance QB Matthew Stafford to “STOP FUMBLING THE **** BALL” and i think that’s something I’ll tell my grandkids

10:08 PM · Jan 30, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

722 Retweets

63 Quote Tweets

15K Likes
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread