What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Myles Gaskin, MIN (3 Viewers)

It always vacillates week to week, but have to wonder if Flores has lost some confidence in Gaskin after the fumble and a few drops (although not great throws by Tua). Wouldn’t shock me to see more of Ahmed going forward.

Solid performance yesterday by Gaskin. Talk about up and down. 

Brown was just put on IR, so that might give Gaskin more work. Wondering if they call up Doaks from the practice squad and give him a longer look.

Doaks you say? Last time he was running around Miami he ran into some problems with Dexter.

But yeah, good game by Gaskin yesterday. Still seems super risky to trust this guy in your lineup though.

I previously compared this guy to young James White. So far, trying to decide when to play him is also a lot like James White. The last 4 weeks I've started him twice, and he combined for a bit under 4 points. But almost 50 points in the 2 games on my bench!

As a dolphins fan, I am also hoping for some philosophy change to the offense (even though defense has been the real problem). Whether that helps Gaskin or not, I can't say. 

Witnessing how the staff has used Gaskin their 1-6 record is well deserved. Gaskin is clearly the best RB on the roster. Why the staff can't see what is obvious borders on incompetence. I wonder if the musical chairs of OCs under Flores has something to do with this.

Myles Gaskin rushed 20 times for 34 yards, a touchdown and a fumble in Week 9's win over Houston, adding six receptions for 23 yards on six targets. 

Outside of his direct snap touchdown to open scoring, Gaskin had nowhere to run on any of his attempts. The touchdown and targets salvaged his day. Brian Flores could have used the fumble deep in Miami territory as a cudgel against Gaskin, but somehow saved himself and us all from more Salvon Ahmed. Gaskin will be on the RB2/RB3 borderline on Thursday night against the Ravens. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Duke Johnson was just activated off the practice squad. Wonder if that implies a lesser workload for Gaskin given his struggles.

Duke Johnson was just activated off the practice squad. Wonder if that implies a lesser workload for Gaskin given his struggles.
Hope so for the week seeing I am playing against him, but think Malcolm Brown went on IR. Johnson maybe the passing down back?? 

Hope so for the week seeing I am playing against him, but think Malcolm Brown went on IR. Johnson maybe the passing down back?? 
I suppose, but thought Gaskin is the passing down back and has been performing better there than in the running game. Just speculating though - who knows what Flores is thinking.

Myles Gaskin rushed 16 times for 49 yards and two touchdowns in the Dolphins' Week 12 win over the Panthers.

With the Dolphins steamrolling the Panthers, Gaskin didn't need to be used in the pass game, though he did catch both of his targets, totaling just three yards. Looking at the final numbers, Gaskin out-carried newcomer Phillip Lindsay just 16-12, but Lindsay got almost all of his work late to kill the clock. Gaskin's two rushing scores were his second and third of the year. He has double-digit carries in six straight contests and will be a middling RB2 next week against the Giants.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Dolphins placed RB Myles Gaskin on the reserve/COVID list.

Gaskin is reportedly fully vaccinated so there’s a terrific chance he can clear protocol and be back for Miami's next game against the Jets. Phillip Lindsay and Salvon Ahmed would handle the lion's share of touches in Gaskin's stead if the latter can't go after the team's bye week.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Dec 10, 2021, 3:44 PM ET

Dolphins activated Myles Gaskin off the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

Gaskin and Ahmed have a good shot to suit up in Week 15 against a horrid Jets defense. Dolphins head coach Brian Flores said Gaskin and Ahmed "have plenty reps in the offense this season but they’ll evaluate how they look before deciding if one of them gets most of reps or other guys who have practiced more this week." That puts Gaskin's normal lead back role in some doubt as he comes back from COVID. Gaskin drafters should watch for updates on his potential Week 15 usage over the next 48 hours. He would be a rock-solid RB2 if he's a full go against the Jets. 

RELATED: 

Salvon Ahmed

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com 

Dec 17, 2021, 11:00 AM ET

I think it’s anyone’s guess, but based on his performance last week, my money would be on Duke - at least to start.
Yeah that’s my thoughts as well but didn’t know if coach gave some information in one of his pressers.  Plus depth charts are showing gaskin as starter.  

I think it’s anyone’s guess, but based on his performance last week, my money would be on Duke - at least to start.
Yeah that’s my thoughts as well but didn’t know if coach gave some information in one of his pressers.  Plus depth charts are showing gaskin as starter.  
Flores, like many others, doesn’t typically tip his hand. I wouldn’t go by the depth chart at this stage.

Oof glad my team with him is out of it.  This would be brutal to watch.  
Note to self , don’t draft any Miami running backs with Flores as coach.  Starter get covid and misses a week of practice so replace him with 2 guys you get off waivers that have been cut by multiple teams.  

I have Gaskin on a team with a lot of starting slots, so I'm hoping enough people get healthy so i don't have to use him in my championship game.

Note to self , don’t draft any Miami running backs with Flores as coach.  Starter get covid and misses a week of practice so replace him with 2 guys you get off waivers that have been cut by multiple teams.  
I don’t think it can necessarily be attributable to Flores. Gaskin proved himself nicely last year and was rewarded as being the workhorse when he was healthy - and enough that the team didn’t use a lot of FA or draft capital to upgrade the position in the off-season.

This year for Gaskin has obviously been a different story, which probably can also be explained by a weak OL, but results are results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel like this guy produced decent numbers when given the chance. Not great, but plenty good enough to be on a team.

Users who are viewing this thread