What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rasheen Ali, BAL (1 Viewer)

-jb-

Footballguy
Didn’t find a thread for this kid, but was listening to a podcast where he came up in conversation. Given the underachievement of Hill, the injury of Mitchell, and the age of Henry, perhaps there’s some dynasty stash value here? I know he’s got an injury concern of his own, but does anyone have thoughts on him as a prospect?

Why the Ravens drafted Rasheen Ali

Didn’t find a thread for this kid, but was listening to a podcast where he came up in conversation. Given the underachievement of Hill, the injury of Mitchell, and the age of Henry, perhaps there’s some dynasty stash value here? I know he’s got an injury concern of his own, but does anyone have thoughts on him as a prospect?

Why the Ravens drafted Rasheen Ali
Kind of gives me the DeWayne McBride vibe from last year. Not necessarily a direct player comp, but from an opportunity perspective. Day 3 RBs don't hit with any regularity and often become an end-of-the-bench guy that you jettison as soon as the flavor of the week arises during the season.

I don’t look at Hill as underachieving now…I think he has finally carved out a role as solid multi-purpose RB that you can rely on…starting to remind me of a Kevin Faulk-type that will have a role with the Ravens for quite awhile…his value going forward will be in real football not fantasy football.

Posted thread below from Jim Nagy on him and he dropped this line in one of the tweets, which IMO is exactly the situation he ended up:

𝙁𝙁 𝙏𝙄𝙋: Fantasy owners, this is Day 3 under-radar guy that we think is capable of being a viable FF option in a COP/SUB role wherever he ends up.

If Ali can block and (especially) play STs, he'll get a chance. For those looking for a dynasty stash - he'll at least be there a couple of years because the Ravens rarely cut draft picks before Year 3.

I read where Harbaugh said the other day that Mitchell is still out a pretty good ways. My guess, reading between the lines, is that he won't be back before mid-season.

The Ravens may still sign a street veteran, too, though that will probably be as insurance against Henry getting hurt.

Hill worked his butt off to stay around. Early on, he had issues with blocking and fumbling. But he made a name for himself on STs and, as Boston said above, has carved out a niche for himself.

Barring injury, I think Ali will have some spots to show what he can do early in the season.

Users who are viewing this thread