What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Steven Jackson StL (1 Viewer)

Will Faulk match SJAX's production or will Harris be used more. Vitt has choosen Harris over Faulk in many critical situations.

I just read on another pay service that Steven Jackson is now starting. I don't feel right saying which one. Now this is getting out of hand.

He may play, and be a good play.

Vitt said the availability of running back Steven Jackson (hip) remains a game-day decision.

LINK- Scroll Down To Bottom

RW
But that's also an article from yesterday. We have news from this morning on here.
I haven't seen anything to confirm differntly from Vitt's statement yet today. Until he is officially declared out or inactive, he remains a tough GTD.But we are combing the internet and Live TV for news as I type, and will report here when we get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember Vitt is a scumbag. He wouldn't declare the incapable Fitzpatrick as the backup until late in the week.

Another site I look at, thehuddle.com says Sjax is starting. They just posted the update too. Anyone know anything? Mort needs to report for us.

Even though I don't own Faulk, just SJax, I felt better about him 'officially' sitting. How do you not start him if he's starting against SF? But one hit, and we're toast. And Vitt is doing his best Mike Tice impersonation.

WOW. I have been busy this morning and eacj time I check I get a different answer. It has gone from GTD to out back to starting. What is going on here. Do we have another Skeltor in the making?

From Rotoworld:Steven Jackson is active for the Rams and is expected to start.Looks like the news from FoxSports.com earlier today was premature. This is a very tricky decision for Jackson owners. He may not be able to handle a full load. Unless you have a top 20 option to replace Jackson, we'd roll the dice. Dec. 24 - 12:21 pm etSource: StLouisRams.com

12/24 12:16 Rams: Both Faulk and Jackson listed as starters per fanball. They will splitt I am sure of it. Too bad it has to be this week. SJAX was not going to go from probable to out and Vitt respects Marshall and will let him run in his last game. Mother F*****

Absolutely worst case scenario here. Now I have to choose between Rhodes and SJax. With zero info on Edge and his role today. :wall:

So now that it's looking like he'll start, will SJAX owners still start him? I could start Crockett, Jurevicious or DJax, but I'd rather keep Jackson in....What are u guys gonna do now?

I have to start 3, I have Fred Taylor, Steven Jackson, M.Faulk and Duckett. Fred Taylor is my only no brainer. I'm pulling my hair out with this.

Steven Jackson, RB STLNews: A source with the St. Louis Rams tells CBS SportsLine.com that both Steven Jackson (hip pointer) and Marshall Faulk are listed on the starting lineup for Week 16 vs. the 49ers. Head coach Joe Vitt isn't tipping his hand either way as to who will get more carries in the game.Analysis: This raises the red flag for us; both RBs are at best 'flex' options for Week 16, especially considering that neither one is set to get the lion's share of the carries. Remember that Jackson was on the injury report all week as probable, so chances are he will see some carries, but isn't promised to get more than, say, 10. Be careful. glad my oppenent has him, not me

I'm still starting Wells over both SJax and Faulk.At least he's likely to play the whole game

So now everyone's saying he's starting for sure, right? But with one bad hit, he's done. I've got Faulk and SJAX and if I don't get something definite I might be reduced to tears.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/52715

Game Notes: Pregame

Saturday, December 24, 2005

By Nick Wagoner

Senior Writer

- Running back Steven Jackson is active and expected to get the start. There was some doubt about his status after he missed practice this week because of a hip pointer. Should Jackson be unable to take the full load, Marshall Faulk will be ready to spell him. You should be able to tell plenty about Jackson's health on the first few carries.

Not sure why everyone is looking for new info. They are splitting carries. Jackson is active and it Faulk's last game. You saw this coming right??

You should be able to tell plenty about Jackson's health on the first few carries.

Too bad we can't change our lineups after a few carries. I'm forced to putt Dunn in against a tough TB defense, just because of the risk of Jackson going down, or at least at minimum splitting carries.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/52715

Game Notes: Pregame

Saturday, December 24, 2005

By Nick Wagoner

Senior Writer

- Running back Steven Jackson is active and expected to get the start. There was some doubt about his status after he missed practice this week because of a hip pointer. Should Jackson be unable to take the full load, Marshall Faulk will be ready to spell him. You should be able to tell plenty about Jackson's health on the first few carries.
Good, ill wait until i see the first few carries and then put my lineup in. :cry:

You should be able to tell plenty about Jackson's health on the first few carries.
sweet.I'm going to contact my commish, see if he'll let me submit my lineup 15 minutes late.

I think combined SJAX and Marshall will combine for what you expected Jackson to pull himself. Turner has so much upside but if LT wants to stay in Turner may not get the carries. I don't knowthat is such a tough decision but I would start SJAX and Turner and bench Faulk. Just my opinion.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any more confusing. Check this out from RotoWorld:Updating previous reports, CBS SPortsline.com reports that both Marshall Faulk and Steven Jackson will start for the Rams.Ugh. Gut feeling: Faulk will end up with more touches because Jackson isn't 100%. Because of the matchup, we see Faulk as a decent flex position option. Dec. 24 - 12:33 pm et

Not sure why everyone is looking for new info. They are splitting carries. Jackson is active and it Faulk's last game. You saw this coming right??
When I see this, it takes me back to 2000. Jerry Rice's last home game in SF.Rice: 7-76

Terrell Owens: 20-283-1

SJax would be the goalline back, though....it all depends on what your other options are. Mine are Drew Bennett, Branch, or S. Parker. So if the monster is playing, he's playing for me.

Why does anyone use FOX sports as a credible source? They really were on their game today. I use to work their and I hate that place. Bunch of clueless jackels.

Why does anyone use FOX sports as a credible source? They really were on their game today. I use to work their and I hate that place. Bunch of clueless jackels.
I hope you weren't one of their copy editors. ;)

I have SJax and Faulk...but I have to start 3. Would you guys start Faulk or Duckett?
roll the dice, faulk.
This belongs in WDIS forum!! :P j/k times like this are exceptions. I'd start Faulk and Duckett to be honest, don't think S Jax will last.

Why does anyone use FOX sports as a credible source?  They really were on their game today.  I use to work their and I hate that place.  Bunch of clueless jackels.
I hope you weren't one of their copy editors. ;)
Sorry I'm answering questions on the Assistant coach. I'll call you for an English composition lesson as soon as I finish their.

Looks like I'm going to have to go with Willie Parker instead of SJax ... I hope it doesn't cost me the championship!

Looks like I'm going to have to go with Willie Parker instead of SJax ... I hope it doesn't cost me the championship!
Same here. However, my opponent is starting Faulk, so I have to hope that Jackson steals some of his carries. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread