What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Wells placed on IR (1 Viewer)

gruecd

Footballguy
Texans | Wells placed on Injured ReserveFri, 30 Dec 2005 13:09:06 -0800Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Jonathan Wells (thigh) has been placed on Injured Reserve, officially ending his 2005 season.

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Vernand Morency (illness) practiced Friday, Dec. 30, and is expected to start at tailback during Week 17. He is likely to see the majority of the carries.

Dec 30 Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Vernand Morency (illness) practiced Friday, Dec. 30, and is expected to start at tailback during Week 17. He is likely to see the majority of the carries.

Un-frigging-believable.Last week, the week before Championship weekend, I had:- Shaun Alexander, a total stud who needed four TDs in two weeks to break Priest's record (surely he wouldn't have more than two last week, would he)- Mike Anderson, a stud this year- Domanick Davis, playing SF in week 17 (he'd been questionable for two weeks but not played; surely no team would list a player as questionable for three weeks straight... or was it four... and not play him- Dominic Rhodes (I needed a replacement for SA, just in case, and so cut Parker because I figured Rhodes would be more likely to go off in week 17 than Parker)Now, I have:- SA, who's good for one TD, 30-40 yards, and 5-10 carries (that 6-8 pts max)- MA, riding the pine- I IR'd Domanick Wed. (cost me $7.50) and picked up Wells (cost me double normal waiver fee, $15.00), but at least I had a starter!- Rhodes, who rushed for four yards last weekNow I don't friggin' even have Wells!Is there any word out of Chicago about Benson playing?p.s. I don't need ANY feedback about week 17 championships, trust me.

I haven't gotten a breaking news from FBG's or KFFL.com on Domanick's surgery yet. To say nothing of one on Wells. Fortunately, I'm only battling one other team on the waiver wire and, unlike mine, his team isn't suddenly being decimated by playoff seedings and injuries.

Un-frigging-believable.

Last week, the week before Championship weekend, I had:

- Shaun Alexander, a total stud who needed four TDs in two weeks to break Priest's record (surely he wouldn't have more than two last week, would he)

- Mike Anderson, a stud this year

- Domanick Davis, playing SF in week 17 (he'd been questionable for two weeks but not played; surely no team would list a player as questionable for three weeks straight... or was it four... and not play him

- Dominic Rhodes (I needed a replacement for SA, just in case, and so cut Parker because I figured Rhodes would be more likely to go off in week 17 than Parker)

Now, I have:

- SA, who's good for one TD, 30-40 yards, and 5-10 carries (that 6-8 pts max)

- MA, riding the pine

- I IR'd Domanick Wed. (cost me $7.50) and picked up Wells (cost me double normal waiver fee, $15.00), but at least I had a starter!

- Rhodes, who rushed for four yards last week

Now I don't friggin' even have Wells!

Is there any word out of Chicago about Benson playing?

p.s. I don't need ANY feedback about week 17 championships, trust me.
I know what you do need, though... :ptts:

Thanks. That is always so hilarious. I think the 200 times a day people post those is WAYYY under the optimal hilarity factor.Now, if you mean it literally, instead of just trying to be "witty," then yes, the overnight destruction of the deep running back corps I built will be the excuse that I point to if I lose the championship game. I doubt wasting money on Jonathan Wells and then losing him will be the cause, though it pisses me off.BTW, congratulations on the championship you won in your league. I imagine you are quite popular with the fellows...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. That is always so hilarious. I think the 200 times a day people post those is WAYYY under the optimal hilarity factor.

Now, if you mean it literally, instead of just trying to be "witty," then yes, the overnight destruction of the deep running back corps I built will be the excuse that I point to if I lose the championship game. I doubt wasting money on Jonathan Wells and then losing him will be the cause, though it pisses me off.

BTW, congratulations on the championship you won in your league. I imagine you are quite popular with the fellows...
Heh, I lost both my big-money leagues in the semis.I was trying to lighten you up a bit, that's all.

My bad.

Is there any word out of Chicago about Benson playing?
Bears | Benson expects to playFri, 30 Dec 2005 12:50:01 -0800Chicago Bears RB Cedric Benson (knee) practiced Friday, Dec. 30, and now expects to see some action during Week 17.

My bad as well. Nice execution of the shirt, I'm just tired of it.We've got $1,200 on the line this weekend, and I constructed my team specifically to make it to the playoffs and to be strong this weekend. Two weeks ago, when I ran Lineup Dominator, even assuming SA didn't play (which is what I was assuming), I was a 20 point favorite over the team I'm playing. Now, I'm a five point underdog, and that includes spending forty bucks to add a bunch of misfits from 3-12 teams. I'm just pissed off.

My bad as well. Nice execution of the shirt, I'm just tired of it.

We've got $1,200 on the line this weekend, and I constructed my team specifically to make it to the playoffs and to be strong this weekend. Two weeks ago, when I ran Lineup Dominator, even assuming SA didn't play (which is what I was assuming), I was a 20 point favorite over the team I'm playing. Now, I'm a five point underdog, and that includes spending forty bucks to add a bunch of misfits from 3-12 teams. I'm just pissed off.
Actually, that was the point. The "Week 17 sucks" argument is old and tired, which is why you were arguing against it...I thought it would be funny to put another old and tired thing to use. It's fine...probably not what you needed. :) Anyway, I can't blame you for being pissed...but I'll be rooting for you.

Perhaps FBG would like to take Wells out of their top 10 RBs in todays "updated" projections. seems like they may mailed it in this week.

Rest well Wells. You performed admirably in the flex for me during two crucial playoff weeks on route to a keeper league championship. Nice job filling in for Davis. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread