What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Red Dog - Unofficial Staff vs. Posters (1 Viewer)

congrats to bloom for winning reddog championship (rudnicki made a late run at him though)after 2 yearsstaff 1 - posters 1
shady rules kept me from winning the title last year.Bloom was a deserving champ this year.Divisional realignment should hopefully help me get back there next year.
My mad haxoring skillz should hopefully help me get back there next year. Well, that and Bloom's cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
T Bell said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
congrats to bloom for winning reddog championship (rudnicki made a late run at him though)after 2 yearsstaff 1 - posters 1
shady rules kept me from winning the title last year.Bloom was a deserving champ this year.Divisional realignment should hopefully help me get back there next year.
My mad haxoring skillz should hopefully help me get back there next year. Well, that and Bloom's cat.
if i'm not mistaken, you were the first pick in the loser realignment draft :hophead:

T Bell said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
if i'm not mistaken, you were the first pick in the loser realignment draft :thumbup:
:shrug:They'll never see me coming.

Guess the divisional realignment didn't help that much, huh Ruds? :thumbup: Finals are set. Clowns Dogs vs Dirty halos. Gonna be a shootout.Gonna be Posters 2 and Staffers 1 after this one.

Season is over, I am the champ. Gotta reload early.......

Two deals have been made by me that i believe already made my roster better:

1. I got 1.01/3.01/J.Tuck I gave H.Miller/Schobel/1.08/1.14/4.01

Stud DE's are impossible to get in this league, as are TE's (1.5ppr for TE's) I was happy with Daniels/Finley as my TE's(at the time) and needed a DE in a bad way! And having LT/TJones/Ricky/SGreene at RB, i figured i needed some youth there and 1.01 will get me that.

2. I got Celek/Ingram TE Phi/5.10 and i gave Daniels/Breaston.

I think alot of people are gonna think this was a horrible deal for me. BUT i am just a tad worried about Daniels injury as well as his situation contract wise. And Breaston was WR5/6 on my team behind Wayne/VJax/AJ/A.Bryant, so didn't need him and i think Celek is a stud TE that will take away the doubt that Daniels carries.

I love the offseaon!

2. I got Celek/Ingram TE Phi/5.10 and i gave Daniels/Breaston.
Pasquino was PISSED that you bailed on the original offer...but I told him he had a live one on the hook, so that if he had to include Ingram, do it and DO IT NOW before you came to your senses. I see you didn't come to your senses in time...but maybe Jeff won't be so enamoured with Breaston related to future trade talks. :thumbup:

i made my first big move of the offseason....

brian smith gave up

michael turner

anquan boldin

nick chadick gave up

michael crabtree

chris wells

rookie 2.16

my current offensive side of roster

qb - peyton, cassell, leinart, dixon, josh johnson, luke mccown, byron leftwich, drew stanton, mike teel

rb - chris johnson, mendenhall, chris wells, donald brown, mcgahee, lendale white, mike hart

wr - desean jackson, sidney rice, steve smith nyg, dwayne bowe, michael crabtree, hakeem nicks, aromashodu, marcus smith, dominique edison

te - gates, vernon, jared cook, davon drew

i think i gave up more points next year but i was motivated to make this deal because...

1) i wanted to stay ahead of the curve on turner; i do expect him to him to be productive next year and possibly 2011, but he currently is a part time starter on my roster thanks to vernon and favorable te scoring....turner will be 28 next year and i believe his better years are behind him or very soon to be behind him.

2) boldin always seems to be nicked up and i really fear a big drop off if warner retires this year.... he could be traded to a favorable situation, but what could be more favorable than what he is leaving?

3) this trade was mostly about what i got back in return. i was impressed with what i saw from both crabtree and wells as the season moved forward. push come to shove i probably would have traded boldin straight up for crabtree. i think crabtree will be a top 10 wr for 7-8 years and this is a start 3 16 team ppr league, top 10 wr for that long is HUGE. wells i feel can put up turner numbers and i have the luxury to be patient with him, i also dont feel as worried about warner retiring with wells as it should lead to more touches for the rbs, feel like im getting similar player on way up versus the verge of way down.

4) 2.16 rookie isn't a big part of the deal but in our league we can taxi up to 3 rookies that can be stolen at the compensation of round drafted +1... so the 2.16 would requrie a 1st to steal and i like that i can taxi a quality player and not really have to worry about being stolen, its like an extra roster slot

:bye:

Well, another year is about done and Clown Dogs have made it back to the finals to defend their title. Smith is in a hard fought battle with Chadick to make it as other teams.

So again, staffers will NOT win a championship, making it Posters 3 and Staffers 1 after this season.

GL in Finals which ever one of you make it.

And I beat all staffers this year. Impressed? Go look at my original draft....then marvel at my genius.

Or at the weak schedule I had this year.

Either way.

'dirtyhalos said:
we currently have an opening in this league.... Will Grant has left us

if you are interested please shoot me an email with something to base a decision off of.... this has been a great league and i have gotten alot of interest in joining in the past.

we're looking for a proactive owner who not only responds to offers but initiates them as well... cost 55

league site http://www12.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/35981

vacant team http://football12.myfantasyleague.com/2011/options?L=35981&O=07&F=0016
that is one seriously bad team. Although Tebow makes up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread