What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redemption for Roethlisberger tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

Any doubters left?
:bs: i just don't see the elite in him honestly. the only really impressive throw he made was the last one for the TD. the rest of the night i saw santonio turn into a monster.
You are crazy. I cannot remember the time of the game (I think it was the 2nd drive, where they made it 10-0), but there was a 3rd and 10 where he scrambled all over the place before he finally found Heath Miller for a first down. Awesome play. He made plenty of other great plays throughout the game, and I actually thought he should have been the MVP.

Any doubters left?
:lmao: i just don't see the elite in him honestly. the only really impressive throw he made was the last one for the TD. the rest of the night i saw santonio turn into a monster.
Most QBs wouldn't have been able to get half of his throws away tonight. Ben improvises and scrambles better than any QB in the league right now.
now i'm no scout but this is one of the few times i've really sat down and watched ben. He's the only QB that holds on to the ball for that long.. when i was watching him he makes his first read and if its not there he gets happy feet and runs around in a circle until santonio sits down in a hole wide open waving at him.

now i'm no scout but this is one of the few times i've really sat down and watched ben. He's the only QB that holds on to the ball for that long.. when i was watching him he makes his first read and if its not there he gets happy feet and runs around in a circle until santonio sits down in a hole wide open waving at him.
So, you've barely watched him; hence, you have no idea what you are talking about. Thanks for letting us know. :lmao:

Any doubters left?
:lmao: i just don't see the elite in him honestly. the only really impressive throw he made was the last one for the TD. the rest of the night i saw santonio turn into a monster.
Most QBs wouldn't have been able to get half of his throws away tonight. Ben improvises and scrambles better than any QB in the league right now.
That might be because by the time he makes his first read if the guy isn't open his protection has broken down and he's avoiding a sack.

Any doubters left?
:hey: i just don't see the elite in him honestly. the only really impressive throw he made was the last one for the TD. the rest of the night i saw santonio turn into a monster.
You are crazy. I cannot remember the time of the game (I think it was the 2nd drive, where they made it 10-0), but there was a 3rd and 10 where he scrambled all over the place before he finally found Heath Miller for a first down. Awesome play. He made plenty of other great plays throughout the game, and I actually thought he should have been the MVP.
How about the throw on the play that ended up as a holding penalty safety where he threw perfectly to Holmes who was tightly covered? Ben hit him perfectly just to the inside of the coverage. Holmes barely even looked as the ball hit him right in the hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any doubters left?
:hey: i just don't see the elite in him honestly. the only really impressive throw he made was the last one for the TD. the rest of the night i saw santonio turn into a monster.
How about the throw on the play that ended up as a holding penalty safety where he threw perfectly to Holmes who was tightly covered? Ben hit him perfectly just to the inside of the coverage. Holmes barely even looked as the ball hit him right in the hands.
Even though the play was wiped out by the hold and safety, that was a tremendous throw and catch. Also, I suggest any and all doubters go back and watch the last drive. Practically every successful play by the Steelers was Roethlisberger scrambling around and making something out of nothing. The 14-yard pass on 1st and 20 following the penalty on the first play of the drive might have been the most impressive and most important of the drive.

The long pass to Washington was also beautiful, and only a remarkable play by Rogers-Cromartie kept it from being a long TD.

The long pass to Washington was also beautiful, and only a remarkable play by Rogers-Cromartie kept it from being a long TD.
I actually thought that ball was underthrown and Washington had to pull up for it. Had Ben put it out in front of him, that's a TD. Granted, not easy to do from 50 yards out, but that's a testament to how brilliant Roethlisberger was... the most "egregious" error he made that I can single out was slightly underthrowing a ball on a 50-yard toss, that save for a CB with world-class speed, probably still would have been a TD.

I actually thought that ball was underthrown and Washington had to pull up for it. Had Ben put it out in front of him, that's a TD. Granted, not easy to do from 50 yards out, but that's a testament to how brilliant Roethlisberger was... the most "egregious" error he made that I can single out was slightly underthrowing a ball on a 50-yard toss, that save for a CB with world-class speed, probably still would have been a TD.
Ball was thrown late and underthrown. Washington clearly beat the coverage and then had to slow up for the ball.To the discussion as an unbiased observer, I think Ben is a much better QB then I gave him credit for. I thought his success was mostly due to being fortunate enough to play with a great defense. He clearly is more then that. But he is not up there with Brady and Payton. He played great at times (first quarter and end of the game) but sometimes he just makes you scratch your head. One thing that makes the great QBs great is consistency. Sure, you can validly blame some of that on the O-line, but if you want to credit Ben with the successes of the entire team, you must blame him for its failures as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread