What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

REF's 12 Teamer Discussion Thread.... (1 Viewer)

1.8 - Lamer Jackson: What a crappy draft spot.  Strongly considered Kelce here, but had him WSL and wanted to go a different direction.  I'll probably regret this pick later.

2.5 - Derrick Henry: Would have been a consideration in round 1 if I didn't try the Jackson thing. He was the #3 RB last year in this format and would have been #2 if he hadn't missed week 16.  No brainer pick and likely bailed out the Jackson pick.

3.8 - Leveon Bell: If the Jets show any improvement at all, Bell should be knocking on the door as a low end RB1.  Nothing else was even remotely tempting here.

4.5 - Allen Robinson: Needed a WR and it was getting thin.  Theilen, Parker, and Kupp were considerations.  He finished as WR9 last year and the QBing can get worse.

5.8 - Darren Waller: Notice a trend?  If we use 2019 stats, I'm going to win this draft.  Finished at TE2 last year.  Shouldn't drop off that far.

6.5 - Devante Parker: Last years WR10, welcome to team Bass.  I guess he dropped due to the QB uncertainty in Miami.

7.8 - Terry McLaurin: Switching gears and attempting to use foresight rather than hindsight.  I don't think he would have lasted much longer.  I thought about D, but filling out the position players with McLaurin was too tempting.

8.5 - Will Fuller: D run has started, but I had almost pulled the trigger on Fuller the prior round.  Now the number one in Houston.  He's fragile, but he also hangs monster best ball games that rival guys selected in round 1 and 2.

9.8 - LA Rams 😧 They have some studs and finished 6th last year.  Happy to get them at Def11.

1.10 George Kittle - I like the start of Kittle or Kelce when your are in this 1.8 to 1.11 range. Just coming into his own and think his numbers will continue to improve. 

2.03 DeAndre Hopkins - I think him and Murray pair very nicely. As stated earlier I think the drop from Watson to Murray is counterbalanced by a more wide open offense in Arizona. 

3.10 and 4.03 - Damien Williams and Raheem Mostert - Kind of uncertain about this pairing. Seems like it could be a good starting 2 with plenty of TDs but also feels like either could lose their starting job if either team lands a more talented RB in the draft. 

5.10 and 6.03 - Tyler Lockett and AJ Green - Lockett is with a great QB and should actually benefit becoming the #2 receiver getting the lesser corner with Metcalf getting more attention. I seem to be getting my fair share of AJ in these drafts. I like his potential to really bounce back after a year off, but uncertainty of how quickly Burrow develops is a bug concern. 

7.10 and 8.03 - Titans and Broncos - good to very good defenses that should be able to regularly score good points with sacks and turnovers. 

9.10 - OJ Howard - love him as my #2 TE with him pairing with Brady. Still think it was odd for Brady to go to Tampa and be a part of a Arians offense that likes to push the ball down field. 

10.03 - Drew Brees - hoping he can stay healthy for another year because he still has a lot of weapons in a great offensive system. 

@Stinkin Ref

Saw your post in the WSL Discussion thread. I started with notes and lost them. Was busy moving product into Canada for summer orders and fell behind on updating my crappy team and the people I wanted versus who I got. Plan to catch up on that and hope that the team makes it past Week 4 this year.  :sadbanana:

Thanks for running this league and draft  :tebow:  

Can report that I'm pleased with the direction this Draft is going. In the WSL I wanted to get three QB's..... didn't happen. However, I got three in this league. :pickle:  

Wanted better TE's than WSL, feel like I've accomplished that. Need to catch up on some other positions, 25 rounds will help. 

Facing a city-wide shutdown soon. Fortunately, I'm essential personnel, not only that, I work alone. For the next period of time I'll be able to type up my lists, as far as who I wanted, versus who I got. Looking forward to this exercise.

So, thanks again. 

Between what's happening IRL, and, what we're doing here, I appreciate your effort. Thanks for being a mainstay.

:banned: :thumbup: :clap: :headbang: :bow: :towelwave: :hifive:

ETA: Please take care of those you can, and take care of yourselves. Best wishes to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
lots of motivation here was thinking we all need somewhere we can go during this time to do something we like to do........and take our mind off stuff.....with some good people....always enjoyed the drafts here even when I was super busy and probably shouldn't have spent as much time here as I did.....kind of a selfish release that helps in home leagues down the road....have always respected the opinions in here even if I ended up being on a different page....12 teamers way different than 16 teamers in here so thought it would be fun and the timing felt right....not a survivor and a little different than an Anarchy....looking forward to see how things shake out.....and especially in the later rounds....and I know the scoring may be a little jacked, but I have always kind of wanted to see how you guys would do in 12 teamers....commentary and back and forth is always the most beneficial parts of these for me.....if everybody just "auto drafts" in their mind without sharing, it doesn't do any of us any good really....

hope this helps you take your mind off the real world a bit and lets you focus on a pretty cool hobby we all love.....with a little bit of competition in bragging rights and keep us from strangling the loved ones around us we are forced to be with right now......lol...jk....but being close to being "OTC" is always kind of a different adrenaline rush for us fantasy sluts that nobody will understand....really looking forward to see how this shakes out....

cheers.... :banned:

eta: (if I had to do it all over I would have raised the PPR another notch at each position as that may have been what evened out the DST scoring more to what you guys are used too).....

From the turn:

1.01 McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB

- pretty easy pick here, almost too easy. Considered Zeke and barkely for a minute only because of the change at QB.

2.12 Andrews, Mark BAL TE

3.01 Sanders, Mike PHI RB

- wsl made it really clear that wr is deep enough to wait, and after missing out on top TEs there I wanted to get one here. Sanders has top 5 ability IMO with PPR. Wouldn't bet on him finishing that high but maybe.  Considered OBJ, Ertz

4.12 Kupp, Cooper LAR WR

5.01 Sutton, Courtland DEN WR

- Kupp was too good a value here, Sutton has good upside. Strongly considered DK, but thought he would fall.

6.12 Prescott, Dak DAL QB

7.01 Henry, Hunter LAC TE

- QB run had started, Dak might not repeat last year but there's no real reason he couldn't. If healthy Henry should be really good, if he ever stays healthy. Considered Boyd, hunt, and Titans defense

8.12 Landry, Jarvis CLE WR

9.01 Tate, Golden NYG WR

- things that make you go meh.  Steady, older receivers. I think Tate is underrated right now as Jones should improve year 2.  Considered Jets defense, Guice and Sanders. Should have taken Sanders instead of Landry I think..

10.12 Jets, New York NYJ Def

11.01 Tannehill, Ryan TEN QB

- waited on defense because I think the Jets can be really good. Tanny makes for a good 2 I think. Considered Kirk and Jones, but not for long.

12.12 Lutz, Wil NOS PK

13.01 Johnson, Diontae PIT WR

- with flex ability, kickers should go higher here than in WSL. I've liked DJ before last draft, got him in most dynasty leagues last year but I might actually underrate him now. Considered Anderson here but wasn't all that hard a choice. 

Overall I think my starting lineup is solid, but all of ours probably look better than in WSL, given those are 16 teams. 

Almost at the halfway point for me ...

9.09 105 Mr. Irrevelant Allen, Josh BUF QB9
11.09 129 Mr. Irrevelant Lock, Drew DEN QB23

In 12-team 1-QB leagues you either have a top-5 name or you're losing points each week to the teams that do. If you don't want to spend up on the former, you might as well take a crack at someone who could get there if the cards break right - and I think Allen's that guy. Once the market digests the news of the Diggs trade I expect him to move significantly up ADP boards. Diggs not only has the downfield speed to leverage Allen's arm but is a complete three-level receiver in a way that guys like Brown and Beasley just aren't. Thought hard about Wentz in the 10th but gambled that I'd still have Jones or Cousins there for me the next round. Lock should at least get another full season as starter and has some exciting young talent in Sutton and Fant to work with.

2.04 16 Mr. Irrevelant Jacobs, Josh LVR RB8
4.04 40 Mr. Irrevelant Gurley, Todd ATL RB20
5.09 57 Mr. Irrevelant Mack, Marlon IND RB26

Looked to grab three starters early knowing that the increased scoring at TE/PK/DST would require me to look elsewhere in the mid-rounds. Love this trio and think they could put up 5,000 combined yards between them if the latter two stay healthy.

3.09 33 Mr. Irrevelant Golladay, Kenny DET WR12
6.04 64 Mr. Irrevelant Chark, D.J. JAC WR25
10.04 112 Mr. Irrevelant Brown, Marquise BAL WR41

No strategy at WR beyond just taking best-ball value as it falls to me. Hollywood in particular was a baffling name to fall to WR41 in this format but I'm not complaining. I'll have to grab a couple of veteran possession guys to fall back on week in and week out, but those usually slip in these drafts anyway so no harm in waiting.

1.09 9 Mr. Irrevelant Kelce, Travis KCC TE1
8.04 88 Mr. Irrevelant Hooper, Austin CLE TE10

I've always thought Hooper was a replacement-level talent and largely a product of his system in Atlanta, so why would I take him the day after he went to Cleveland? Good question.  If nothing else he should provide the underneath security blanket for Baker that Njoku could never stay on the field to offer. The PPR bump for TEs was another incentive to grab a backup before the cupboard got too bare as well.

7.09 81 Mr. Irrevelant Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def3
12.04 136 Mr. Irrevelant Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def16

With a DST scoring system that awards on both yards and points, IMO coaching schemes that focus on establishing the run and shortening the game clock is key to good fantasy production. These are two of the few remaining in the league.

I like my start but to Oz's point, I'm sure most of us will in comparison to the 16-team drafts we usually do around here. Still lots (and lots) of slots left to be filled.

Darnold, Sam NYJ QB
Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Perfectly fine with this pair nothing exciting but I guess I'm all in on ATL passing game. Darnold was the last qb I would have been ok with being a qb2.

Akers, Cam FA RB
Dobbins, J.K. FA RB
Mixon, Joe CIN RB
Taylor, Jonathan FA RB

I don't know if I have said this before but I am kind of high on the top 4 rbs in this years rookie class. Starting to worry about landing spots but I think I love the talent. It is weird for me in all my years of playing fantasy football there has only been 3 rookie running backs that I have been higher on than consensus and ended up drafting on most of my teams ( Adrian Peterson, Maurice Clarett, and Cadillac Williams ). 

Jones, Julio ATL WR
Jones, Marvin DET WR
Moore, D.J. CAR WR
Ridley, Calvin ATL WR

Love the 4some but drafting Ridley was a mistake. I didn't want to draft both ATL wr's. I would have taken Woods, I thought I changed the predraft but obviously didn't. I never understand the disrespect shown Marvin Jones he is absurdly undervalued.

Hockenson, T.J. DET TE
Smith, Jonnu TEN TE

I sweating bullets waiting on Jonnu was the last te I was happy with as te2 and almost took him over Hockenson

Bears, Chicago CHI Def
Patriots, New England NEP Def

Pair of good defenses that should have ball control offenses.

Text notifications on???

AVERAGE TIME WAITING TO MAKE PICK

FRANCHISETOTAL WAIT TIMEAVERAGE WAIT TIMENUM PICKS

Stinkin Ref1 day2 hours15

OZ12 hours48 minutes16

Duckboy45 minutes22 minutes2

By The Sea Wannabe5 hours47 minutes7

Stephen Holloway16 hours1 hour16

bro1ncos4 hours34 minutes8

BassNBrew20 hours1 hour16

Crippler5 hours5 hours1

Old Milwaukee13 hours57 minutes14

Shadowfax20 hours1 hour16

Drunken Slob7 minutes7 minutes1

Mr. Irrelevant19 hours1 hour11

lol.... REF...17 picks

less than an hour....8

2 hours or less....14

3 hours or less....15

more than 3 hours.....2....(both going OTC overnight my time...one for 8 hours and one for 9 hours ).....but thanks I'll try to pick it up.... :banned:

Nobody should be complaining about the speed here. (I assume BnB's comment is just poking fun).  This has been a surprisingly fast draft. 

Larry Fitzgerald in the 19th.  Twice on Sunday.  Hopkins is going to open up so much space for him he'll look like he's 3 years younger.

STINKIN REF…..21 ROUNDS IN THE BOOK….4 TO GO…

4.10 Kyler Murray ARI QB3
10.10 Tom Brady TBB QB16

Murray in the 4th, think he should be last “lock’ for top 5. Sniffed Sutton but didn’t know if Duckboy or OZ were planning on jumping on a QB.

Brady in the 10th.  With the move I loved him as QB16 with those weapons. Think he will be nice and steady in case Murray has some hiccups. 

1.03 Ezekiel Elliott DAL RB3
3.03 Kenyan Drake ARI RB14        
8.10 Clyde Edwards-Helaire  FA RB34
16.10 DeVonta Freeman FA RB46    
19.03 Jamaal Williams GBP RB50
21.03 Gus Edwards BAL RB59

Started the draft with Elliot, as it turns out he might be my preferred of the big 3, but you could probably make a case for any of them. No other considerations.

Drake in the third, couldn’t ignore his work down the stretch in that offense and then Johnson gets shipped away and Drake tendered. Kinda glad Ekeler went pick before this one or it may have been tougher. Sniffed OBJ and actually thought about Gurley thinking he would still be in LA and he had some numbers even though down. 

CEH in the 8th.  Went for some upside here with a solid 1-2 in tow. Should start for somebody and seems to have all 3 downs skill set. Thought about Hardman here but wasn’t sure about Duckboy and OZ again and felt I should get third RB as there were other WR’s I’d be ok with and figured I might be higher on Hardman besides anybody but Bass.

Freeman in the 16th.  Sat on three RB’s for a long time and had been ignoring the position.  Could be a minor steal here IMO as he should sign, play “enough” and post some scores for me.  Who knows, somebody may bring him as “the man” depending on how the draft shakes out. His bility to catch the ball should help. No other options here. 

J. Williams in the 19th. One of the better backups in the league.  Strongly considered Darwin Thompson here, but thought he might make it back. 

Gus in the 21st.  Also one of the better backups in the league.  Showed last year he can carry the mail if needed and still gets work even when not asked too and is productive with it. 

2.04 Chris Godwin TBB WR8
5.03 DK Metcalf SEA WR20
6.10 Deebo Samuel SFO WR28
9.03 Mecole Hardman KCC WR38    
14.10 Curtis Samuel CAR WR51
18.10 Tyrell Williams LVR WR64 

Godwin in the second.  Love him now with Brady even more. Had Mahomes fallen one more spot, yeah I probably would have taken him instead but otherwise no other considerations. 

DK in the 5th. Shooting for upside here and a year two improvement. Kind of a beast speed and size. Sniffed his partner in crime Lockett, but went for the boom potential.

Deebo in the 6th.  Big fan of his game and expect him to be top 20. Not saying he is the next big thing, but think he produces like one. 

Hardman in the 9th.  Glad he survived the 4 WR picks made between my picks. Does he have the skills to be a straight up WR2 on a team?  I don’t know, but in the 9th round and on THAT team, I will roll the dice.  If nothing else, he is a solid best ball play for the weeks he pops. No other real sniffs here. 

Curtis Samuel in the 14th.  Had been eye balling him for a while and a little surprised he kept sliding.  But he and DJ seemed to do alright with whoever is throwing it and now he has Teddy which I think will fit his game. Liked this pick here.

Williams in the 18th.  Loved this pick. They will bring in more, but still love this pick.

7.03 Jared Cook NOS TE9
13.03 Mike Gesicki MIA TE20
20.10 Cameron Brate TBB TE29

Cook in the 7th. Felt like time to pull trigger on TE.  Kind of had him and Henry as a coin flip.  As it turns out maybe I could have waited on TE as only Hooper went before my next pick. But maybe Cook would have been taken if I hadn’t. 

Gesicki in the 13th.  Hoping this pick pans out as it is the one I struggled with the most. Was tough to pass on Mike Williams, Olsen, and especially Marin Jones who I loved getting in the WSL. Gesicki the kind of physical freak that can produce at TE.  Saw rankings all over the map for him though, so a serious roll of the dice considering what I passed on. 

Brate in the 20th.  I ain’t gonna lie, yes I have visions of Gronk/Hernandez dancing in my head. Brady will have some options in the red zone, Brate will be one of them. 

12.10 Harrison Butker KCC PK2

Butker in 12th.  Plan was/is to get ahead of the game at PK with a high scoring option early and then fill in later with what is leftover late. Thought about going a different direction but I probably would have lost Butker to OZ as he ended up taking Lutz. 

11.03 Kansas City Chiefs DST14
15.03 Arizona Cardinals ARI DST25
17.03 Detroit Lions DST29

KC DST in the 11th.  With 13 off the board felt I should join the party. Slight homer pick.

ARZ in the 15th.  Felt like I got kicked in the nuts and I wanted to throw up after making this pick, but a long time in between picks and some of you guys aren’t to be trusted. Sniffed Preston Williams here and am kind of kicking myself. 

DET DST in 17th.  (see ARZ DST in the 15th) although this time it was more about of what was left at any position (besides QB) who could maybe put up a lucky fairly high score a few times more during the season.  Sniffed Mattison, Cam, and Renfrow here.  Probably should have gone with one of those. 

OVERALL: I’m ok with it so far….feel I got a good mix of best ball pop and some steady stuff.  Don’t mind swinging for the fences with picks a little more in best ball and 25 roster spots. Have enjoyed it boys. Will comment more later, hope all of you are doing good.... :banned:

My pre select screwed up. And I know why and missed the error

can I change Claypool to Brandon Aiyuck

OLD MILWAUKEE from the 12th.

QB  Russel Willson 5.12

QB  DeSean Watson 6.01

Having gone with BPA for the first four rounds, I was looking at my RB2 to fill in the top five. WIth both of my targets, Ingram and Mack gone it was time for plane C (plan B was Waller taken a few picks before) .   Plan C was to lock down the QB spot and free up my draft to focus on other positions. An additional hope was to put pressure on other teams and dictate the draft. Willson and Watson should provide team Old Milwaukee with a 25pt per week scoring in this format, and a guaranteed top five finish at this position.  

RB Devin Singletary  3.12

RB Darrius Guice   10.01

RB Sony Michel  11.12

RB Latavius Murray  13.12

RB Malcomb Brown  14.01

RB Duke Johnson  20.01

RB Ryquell Armstead  24.01

RB Christian Wade 25.12 (Mr Irrelevant)

Singletary...BPA…...check.    As a Bills fan I am very excited to see Thurman Thomas 2.0!!!!   I see his touches increasing dramatically this season!. Get ready!

After ignoring the position for what felt like forever(it was so hard), I was fortunate to have it fall my way..  Guice in the 10th …..potential starter if stays healthy!   Michel in the 11th…..potential starter….Pats will have to run!   Murry in the 13? He could be in the flexed a couple times and is the back up to Kamara (Holloway sleeping) in I high octane offense.   Malcomb Brown….this was a reaction to missing out on Henderson a couple picks before...oh….. well.... he does have a chance to be the starter in LA.    Duke Johnson in the 20th. OK pick in PPR.  Houston is going to look quite different (who really knows), and he would have scored a couple of weeks in this format.  Armstead in the 24th!  One head case from a starting gig (Duckboy sleeping). Wade as Mr Irrelevant…...guys a baller in a mans game of rugby.  Most think he will remain on the practice squad, I think he makes the final roster.  

WR Davante Adams  1.12

WR Tyreek Hill 2.01

WR  AJ Brown 4.12

WR  Preston Williams 15.12

WR  Breshard Perriman  17.12

WR  Hunter Renfrow  18.01

WR  Mohamed Sanu  23.12

Adams was IMO the BPA.   Ditto for Hill, although it was a coin flip with Hopkins. The Brown pick in the 4th was the turning point in the draft for me.   Really wasn’t seeing any value in the remaining RB’s, to many question marks for a fourth round pick. Expecting his game to improve in his sophomore season.   Looked at Theilan here as well. BPA was Brown IMO. Preston Williams in the 15th has a ton of upside if he can stay healthy. Wanted D. Jackson here but was snipped.   Let's see what Miami does in the draft. I think they are comfortable with him as a two. Perriman goes to the Jets! Will this be the year he lives up to his first round status?  I am betting It could be and for a 17th round pick the price was right. Followed up the Perriman pick with Renfrow in the 18th. 13 for 209 and two TD’s in the last two games hooked me.    Sanu in the 23 seemed like a good value. I don’t think he was quite himself last season. Who knows what is going on in NE.  

TE  Dallas Goedert  9.12

TE  Blake Jarwin  12.01

TE  Dawsin Knox  16.01

TE  Gerald Everret  21.12

Was doing a happy dance in my living room when I got Goedert.  A TE1 in the 9th!  Jarwin in the 12th I might like to have back.   Should have went with I. Thomas. Knox in the 16th was a homer pick. Should have paid more attention to TE’s.   After putting some time in studying the TE position, I think Everrett in the 21st was a value pick. Higbee produced big time when Everrett was hurt  but I am not convince he will force Everrett into playing second fiddle behind him. We will see.  

DEF  Bills 7.12

DEF  Saints  8.01

Went early in this format!   Anyone see that coming? Looking to average 20pts a week from this position and have an occasional flex usage!   

K   Stephen Hauschka 19.12

K   Dustin Hopkins

Yes I took two kickers.   I believe their jobs are safe.

In summary I like the team….with the exception of the TE’s.   If I can get a solid 8pts out of them the title is mine!

Armstead in the 24th!  One head case from a starting gig (Duckboy sleeping). Wade as Mr Irrelevant…...guys a baller in a mans game of rugby.  Most think he will remain on the practice squad, I think he makes the final roster.  
😕

From the turn:

1.01 McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB

- pretty easy pick here, almost too easy. Considered Zeke and barkely for a minute only because of the change at QB.

2.12 Andrews, Mark BAL TE

3.01 Sanders, Mike PHI RB

- wsl made it really clear that wr is deep enough to wait, and after missing out on top TEs there I wanted to get one here. Sanders has top 5 ability IMO with PPR. Wouldn't bet on him finishing that high but maybe.  Considered OBJ, Ertz

4.12 Kupp, Cooper LAR WR

5.01 Sutton, Courtland DEN WR

- Kupp was too good a value here, Sutton has good upside. Strongly considered DK, but thought he would fall.

6.12 Prescott, Dak DAL QB

7.01 Henry, Hunter LAC TE

- QB run had started, Dak might not repeat last year but there's no real reason he couldn't. If healthy Henry should be really good, if he ever stays healthy. Considered Boyd, hunt, and Titans defense

8.12 Landry, Jarvis CLE WR

9.01 Tate, Golden NYG WR

- things that make you go meh.  Steady, older receivers. I think Tate is underrated right now as Jones should improve year 2.  Considered Jets defense, Guice and Sanders. Should have taken Sanders instead of Landry I think..

10.12 Jets, New York NYJ Def

11.01 Tannehill, Ryan TEN QB

- waited on defense because I think the Jets can be really good. Tanny makes for a good 2 I think. Considered Kirk and Jones, but not for long.

12.12 Lutz, Wil NOS PK

13.01 Johnson, Diontae PIT WR

- with flex ability, kickers should go higher here than in WSL. I've liked DJ before last draft, got him in most dynasty leagues last year but I might actually underrate him now. Considered Anderson here but wasn't all that hard a choice. 

Overall I think my starting lineup is solid, but all of ours probably look better than in WSL, given those are 16 teams. 
14.12 Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def

15.01 Cohen, Tarik CHI RB

Needed a 2nd defense, I think the falcons was the best left.  Cohen had a down year in 2019 partly because their rookie is pretty good, largely because their offense took a big dive. I think they can get some of that back, and tarik still has the explosiveness to have a big game every so often.

16.12 Moss, Zack FA RB

17.01 Fairbairn, Ka'imi HOU PK

Didn't feel real confident about my RB depth yet, Moss could be among the better rookies. Kind of a dart throw.  KF started to look good last year although the Texans offense is practically guaranteed to slide this year. 

18.12 Carr, Derek LVR QB

19.01 Panthers, Carolina CAR Def

Wanted a 3rd QB, although I like his backup I think Carr starts long enough. I just have to hope I don't need him but he's available if there's a bye week conflict between Dak and Tannehill. Panthers last the last defense available for a reason, but I wanted 3.

20.12 Higgins, Tee FA WR

21.01 Penny, Rashaad SEA RB

Dart throws. Tee could land in a nice spot and has the talent to produce out of the gate. Penny is simply a long shot that he gets healthy. 

22.12 Shenault, Laviska FA WR

23.01 Hyde, Carlos HOU RB

Another dart throw at a rookie who also should produce. With Hyde, while it seems really unlikely for him to land a job as a starter now, I think he'll be a decent backup somewhere. 

24.12 Kmet, Cole FA TE

25.01 Gage, Russell ATL WR

I almost never take rookie TEs in redraft, and if this were a different format this pick would probably be waiver fodder early in the season. But I figure he's a bet worth taking here. Gage is one of my favorite truly cheap WRs this year as he should stay in the slot and can benefit from Hooper's departure. 

QB

• Aaron Rodgers 8.8. After WSL debacle at QB was getting anchor this time. He was the guy. Brees, Allen, Ryan were next in preselect
  • Daniel Jones 11.5. I like him but he was behind Goff and Brady in preselect. I could have gone one of them in 10th over Cooks. Not a deal breaker though
  • Joe Burrow. 12.8. Again, I like Burrow but maybe QB in 10th and WR here works better. With scouting as is was always going 3. Might still take 4th. Want to score well here and while extra position wasted over OM with 2 early, rather do this with 25 man rosters
  • Mitch Trubisky 25.5. A 4th QB not needed but screamed value. I think he can produce and Foles will help. At the worst he gives me option till Burrow gets up to speed. I had Kmet, Njoku and PK in preselect. I did not see any RBs that will produce more and WR getting low. I rather Mitch over last 3 taken and eight is enough 
RB

• Nick Chubb 2.8. My only non pre select. Pretty easy pick for me. Even if had gone RB at 5. 
  • DeAndre Swift 4.8. After Taylor went, he was my top preselect. Wanted one of the rookies. Kerryon was the other thought as love but he is risky with injury. If you knew you got backup. So Swift is it. Even Gurley and Gordon behind in preselect and I like both more than others taken in 3rd
  • David Montgomery 7.5. I like as my 3rd guy. He should count a few weeks. My flex is not going to be RB and drafted accordingly. While my RB crew is not bad, it is certainly my weakest position. 
  • Boston Scott 18.8. As you can see punted. I like what I say from him. Will catch some passes and got TD chances also. Think he is sneaky guy to own. Hines was my other thought
  • AJ Dillon. 21.5. I forgot about him and was not even in preselect till hour before my pick happened. He has the body type and skills to make instant impact. Let’s hope he gives me a few weeks on the season. Again. Not strong but for amount invested, I am satisfied. 
  •  
WR

• Michael Thomas 1.5. My pre was CMC, Bark, Zek, Alvin, Thomas. I got Mike. Why no Cook. He just scares me. Hard pass. Get the easy #1 WR who I think benefits more from Sanders being on team than Sanders benefits fantasy wise. Can’t lose with him. Consistent scores week to week. 
  • Keenan Allen 3.5. I was going WR all the way. Wanted 2 studs to anchor.  Godwin, Beckham in pre. Would have been happy with Golloday or Moore who were next. Allen will get his targets no matter who the QB. Guy is a technician and just needs accurate. Might benefit as Rivers was awful last year
  • Brandin Cooks 10.8. With 2 studs could wait to grab a bunch of guys. Hoping the talent finally rises even if traded. Looking back and other than QB upgrade, he was guy I liked best with best ball. Hope to get big weeks. Had all kind of positions in pre. 
  • Sterling Shepherd. 13.5. #1 WR on team. Won’t put up huge numbers but will give me consistency. Jones, Washington, Williams, Watkins next guys. Did not miss out on anyone as Sterling was behind Cooks for WR at 10. Just other positions beween. 
  • Sammy Watkins 15.5. One of my real happy picks. Get 2 rounds later when would have been happy with 13th. WR looking like my flex. Not cut ny KC is good sign. Think he still restructures when needed but I think still being on roster now is good sign.
  • Justin Jefferson  17.5. Another happy pick. He is going round 1 and I think has nice impact. 
    like to have him in my dynasty draft also. But don’t pick till 13th in SF, TE premium but holding out hope. He is my WR3 in draft.
  • Corey Davis 20.5. How the mighty have fallen. Still some talent and hope he gives me a few nice weeks for flex. Was hoping for Fitz and maybe should have grabbed. Cobb, Harry also in pre
  • Brandon Aiyuck 23.5. Looking back, would rather have Shenault in 22nd and PK like Rosas here. But not terrible rookie to take flyer on. Campbell, Reynolds, Sanu also in preselect. 
  •  
TE

• Evan Engram 5.5. He has some risk but still very nice when playing. Might have gone TE in 3rd if this was as heavy handed as WSL. But waited and worked. Henry, Waller considered. So was Dobbins but had 2 RB
  • Noah Fant 9.5. Waned to get 2 nice TE and big fan of Noah. I had all kinds of positions in preselect. Usually made changes as was always waiting on Ref or Bass Usually got the guy wanted with 2 picks to go. Don’t think really sniped bad at all when I was hoping for a certain guy. 
  • Irv Smith 21.5. Talented guy who I thinks gets more involved. Was looking hard at TE3 but kept putting off. Giescki, Hurst, Thomas all guys that was in preselect but never got to me. Like them all also but Irv better value when looking. Maybe should have got one for flex. But Fant and 1 of plenty WR is flex hope
  •  
Def. 

• SF. Lol. I did not even look at scoring thinking like WSL till brought up in discussion. Than I checked out and knew was going 3. Old Milwaukee talked about taking 2 on the corner and I thought. Let’s start a run. Did not quite work as nothing between picks but did not effect picks anyways. Henry is only guy I might have taken. Run did happen between 7th and 8th pick though. Feel this gives me advantage over RB being just okay to make up some difference
  • Clev. 14.8. The DL is real good. Hoping for improvement. TB was top Pre followed by GB. 
    still okay with these ones
  • miami 16.8. D was getting low. Raiders was first choice. Dolphins spent lots on D and East looking more wide open and draft resources still to spend. Should be greatly improved.
PK

• Daniel Carlson. I looked at scoring and did not see many teams taking 3. I could have punted till 24 and 25 and still be happy. Quite a few guys I like are available and one in preselect but won’t get to him. I think Raiders will be improved. Won’t name drop. Glad to be last one to take PK. And by quite a few rounds. This strategy worked
  • Rodrigo Blankenship. So after he was not taken in WSL, I said. Great can grab in last round but changed thought and said really want and good chance my selection here will drop. So changed and took the rookie round early. He will be drafted and NE and Tenn look good to go. 
overall. Like it just as much as any team I read here. Most wont like because RB but to me, the only position more important than was PK. If we only started 1, I would punt more. Hope my D move is the winning move as think huge difference maker. 

damn. Was hoping 25th would have come up. One edit to come. Shocker coming. 

Trubisky in the 25th might be the SOD. 
I was actually going to say the same thing about Dalton. Yes, there's a scenario where he's purely a backup all year, but if offered even odds I'd wager he'll wind up starting more games over the course of the season than the Biscuit.

I was actually going to say the same thing about Dalton. Yes, there's a scenario where he's purely a backup all year, but if offered even odds I'd wager he'll wind up starting more games over the course of the season than the Biscuit.
I hope you're right on Dalton. I picked him up in a super flex auction a few weeks ago. He's my #2 behind Mahomes, so it would be great if he were starting. I'm just not seeing as likely a chance, nor the same upside in best ball.  (Fwiw, trubisky cost $80, Dalton $60)

Team Holloway

My philosophy for smaller rosters, especially deep ones is to take a quarterback earlier than I normally do in the 16-team drafts. My other general comment with the variable ppr scoring and starters at RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE, even with two flex was that the tight end position was devalued other than the top two or three. For example, in 2019 the number of players by position that scored above 250 points was RB 2, WR 6 and TE 0. When expanded to those scoring over 200 points, it fell out RB 15, WR 11 and TE 5.  When two TEs were taken before the second WR, I decided to fade that position till later and build strength elsewhere.

QB - drafted three

1. Mahomes drafted at QB2 should be healthier in 2020 and is one of a select few with QB1 overall potential. I wanted one of the top dogs at QB and knew I had to take him in the second round.
  2. Goff at 10.9 was an easy selection. The number of passes he has thrown has grown from 478 in 2017 to 626 in 2019. Touchdowns fell last year as the offense struggled, but I anticipate as many or more passes in 2020 and a bounce back in passing TDs.
  3. Tua Tagavailoa will be the second QB drafted at the worst and has a good shot at starting sooner than later at Miami, Los Angeles or elsewhere. Love the value getting him at QB33 in the 22nd round. Of course, he must be healthy and drafted to play ASAP.
RB - drafted six

1. A. Kamara missed a couple of games last year, but increase his ypc from 4.6 to 47.4 and caught the same number of passes in one less game. The biggest factor in his fall-off aside from the missed games was the TDs fell from 18 to 6. I see a move to the mean for Kamara in touchdowns.
  2. I am a big K. Johnson fan. He fell off in the ypc last year and must stay healthy. He has missed 14 games in his first two seasons, but still seems to have the three down potential in Detroit.
  3. I don't get the value consistently provided by Mark Ingram, but I am happy to grab him as often as I can. He finished as RB8 a year ago and fell to RB25 here. Even with L. Jackson running in seven TDs, Ingram had 15 a year ago. Likely a few less this season, but a consistent runner and receiver is a definite value pick here.
  4. Like many, I filled other spots and ignored RB for a while until taking P. Lindsey at RB 43 at 14.9. I am not a Gordon truther and suspect that Lindsey will remain involved in the offensive game plan. He finished RB19 in 2019 so happy with him here.
  5. Another long drought drafting RBs left me with few options down the stretch. I added M. Brieda as RB64 who finished at RB44, despite missing four games and being a part of the three headed SF back-field. Seemed like a good chance to continue to be involved and even more productive with injuries to either Coleman or Mostert. Added R. Freeman at RB71 in the 24th round and my reasoning was I don't like Gordon much so I gave Freeman a shot.
WR - drafted seven and would have been eight, but I just missed out on at least three targets late

1. Beckham remains an elite talent, but the TDs which averaged almost 12 in his first three seasons have fallen to just over 4 per year the last three. Hoping that the talent rises back in 2020.
  2. R. Woods at 6.9 WR27 and T. Boyd at 7.4 WR30 made me smile when I drafted them consecutively. I struggled deciding between the two and was thrilled to get them both, even as two WRs were drafted between my picks. Woods finished last year as WR17 and Boyd as WR20 and I see both finishing close to the same spot this year.
  3. John Brown at 9.4 and WR39 might have lost some luster when the Bills traded for Diggs, but I think Brown and Diggs will both see more targets than some expect this year. Allen averaged more than two passes more per game in his second season and I see that trend continuing. He needs to play smarter, but hopefully that also will come and the addition of Diggs helps Brown to get open even easier and also catch some deep throws.
  4. C. Kirk was a tough call at 11.4 and WR40. With the addition of Hopkins, targets should be reduced but I do like Kirk's abilities and possibly the target loss falls  more to Fitzgerald who has been one of my favorite wide receivers to watch for a long, long time.
  5. I was not thrilled with R. Anderson going to the Panthers. He likely was not a value pick at 13.4 and WR45.
  6. Randall Cobb had a resurgence with the Cowboys and might wind up the most targeted Texan. Getting him at 20.9 and WR69 was awesome. Cobb finished at WR42 last season.
TE - drafted four, but all late

1. Jack Doyle produced at the same rate as Ebron a year ago and could become a favored target of new Colt QB, Philip Rivers. He has potential at least.
  2. I drafted Irv Smith in the WSL and was hoping to get him in the following round after taking K. Rudolph at 18.9, but he did not fall. I expect Minnesota to run a lot of two TE sets and both those guys see spikes in production with the loss of Diggs.
  3. D. Fells seemed like a value pick at 21.4and TE31 after finishing at TE18 last year. Perhaps lots of additional TE targets after the loss of D. Hopkins.
  4. I have never been a fan of David Njoku, but the former first round pick might be in line for a come-back season after missing most of 2019. Yes, the Browns overpaid Hooper and he likely will be the starter, but again the possibility of many two TE sets could give Njoku a chance and drafted in the 25th round at TE37 seemed a reasonable price. I considered a few WRs still not selected.
PKs - drafted three

D. Bailey at 16.9, J. Lambo at 17.4 and Boswell at 19.4 were drafted as PK10, PK13 and PK18. They finished at PK8, PK5 and PK9 a year ago and all have somewhat palatable contracts. I went with three due to the volatility of PK scoring and also the fact that so many changes have been made by teams over the last few years.

DST - took two

I think that the Chargers can be a top defense and so I took them when I had the chance. For some reason Jacksonville's DST continuous disappoints even with seemingly stocked rosters. Well they dropped or traded a lot of those guys, so maybe they will have the addition by subtraction to improve. Who knows, I would have taken three but did not get the chance.

I really enjoyed the smaller number of teams and different scoring system and would definitely be up for another one after taking maybe a week off. Otherwise the sports discussion is slim to none and I enjoy socially distancing drafting with y'all!

STINKIN REF…..Final

10.10 Tom Brady TBB QB16

25.03 Andy Dalton CIN QB34

Added Dalton in the 25th with last pick.  Didn't want to deal with the Trubisky/Foles dance that is bound to happen. With the last pick I just tried to think of a guy that could score the most weekly points on a given week and actually crack the starting lineup requirements in an impact full way maybe even if its just a couple times. QB seems like a position that could happen.  Dalton should be pulling the trigger for somebody by the time they tee it up in September.  I think Dalton is a better QB than Trubisky overall and will put up better numbers no matter where he ends up then Trubisky will in CHI if he holds off Foles.  Foles could easily be the guy in CHI and nobody would blink.

Only having to start 2 and with the scoring I felt I was ok here and didn't add anything with last four picks. Top 2 should carry the mail just fine.

5.03 DK Metcalf SEA WR20

22.10 Cole Beasley BUF WR78 

24.10 Chris Conley JAC WR89

Added Beasley who I had been eye balling for a while.  I guess people think the Diggs signing is some death sentence for Beasley.  He was WR34 in this format last year and I got him at WR78.  I think people are overestimating the Diggs impact and under estimating how much Allen seemed to like to look for Beasley.  While there may be some drop off this feels like a solid late addition to this group. 

Conley in the next to last round. WR44 in this format last year ahead of a TON of guys taken before him here.  Conley should be locked in as the WR2 in JAC and they should be throwing a ton with Minshew. 

Feel I got some good value with these two additions. 

7.03 Jared Cook NOS TE9

No additions here. 

23.03 Randy Bullock CIN PK25

Plan to take one early and then whatever was left late worked out better than I hoped.  Seeing Bullock still hanging around as PK25 after finishing as PK9 last year was gravy. Didn't realize he had as good of a year as he did last year. 

OVERALL: Felt my last four picks rounded out my team fairly well and I was able maximize usage. Enjoyed the draft.  Will comment more later with some general comments and look at some of the other teams.  Thanks for participating guys it was nice to have a time killer. Looking forward to see how this shakes out.  :banned:

Team Holloway

My philosophy for smaller rosters, especially deep ones is to take a quarterback earlier than I normally do in the 16-team drafts. My other general comment with the variable ppr scoring and starters at RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE, even with two flex was that the tight end position was devalued other than the top two or three. For example, in 2019 the number of players by position that scored above 250 points was RB 2, WR 6 and TE 0. When expanded to those scoring over 200 points, it fell out RB 15, WR 11 and TE 5.  When two TEs were taken before the second WR, I decided to fade that position till later and build strength elsewhere.

QB - drafted three

1. Mahomes drafted at QB2 should be healthier in 2020 and is one of a select few with QB1 overall potential. I wanted one of the top dogs at QB and knew I had to take him in the second round.
  2. Goff at 10.9 was an easy selection. The number of passes he has thrown has grown from 478 in 2017 to 626 in 2019. Touchdowns fell last year as the offense struggled, but I anticipate as many or more passes in 2020 and a bounce back in passing TDs.
  3. Tua Tagavailoa will be the second QB drafted at the worst and has a good shot at starting sooner than later at Miami, Los Angeles or elsewhere. Love the value getting him at QB33 in the 22nd round. Of course, he must be healthy and drafted to play ASAP.
RB - drafted six

1. A. Kamara missed a couple of games last year, but increase his ypc from 4.6 to 47.4 and caught the same number of passes in one less game. The biggest factor in his fall-off aside from the missed games was the TDs fell from 18 to 6. I see a move to the mean for Kamara in touchdowns.
  2. I am a big K. Johnson fan. He fell off in the ypc last year and must stay healthy. He has missed 14 games in his first two seasons, but still seems to have the three down potential in Detroit.
  3. I don't get the value consistently provided by Mark Ingram, but I am happy to grab him as often as I can. He finished as RB8 a year ago and fell to RB25 here. Even with L. Jackson running in seven TDs, Ingram had 15 a year ago. Likely a few less this season, but a consistent runner and receiver is a definite value pick here.
  4. Like many, I filled other spots and ignored RB for a while until taking P. Lindsey at RB 43 at 14.9. I am not a Gordon truther and suspect that Lindsey will remain involved in the offensive game plan. He finished RB19 in 2019 so happy with him here.
  5. Another long drought drafting RBs left me with few options down the stretch. I added M. Brieda as RB64 who finished at RB44, despite missing four games and being a part of the three headed SF back-field. Seemed like a good chance to continue to be involved and even more productive with injuries to either Coleman or Mostert. Added R. Freeman at RB71 in the 24th round and my reasoning was I don't like Gordon much so I gave Freeman a shot.
WR - drafted seven and would have been eight, but I just missed out on at least three targets late

1. Beckham remains an elite talent, but the TDs which averaged almost 12 in his first three seasons have fallen to just over 4 per year the last three. Hoping that the talent rises back in 2020.
  2. R. Woods at 6.9 WR27 and T. Boyd at 7.4 WR30 made me smile when I drafted them consecutively. I struggled deciding between the two and was thrilled to get them both, even as two WRs were drafted between my picks. Woods finished last year as WR17 and Boyd as WR20 and I see both finishing close to the same spot this year.
  3. John Brown at 9.4 and WR39 might have lost some luster when the Bills traded for Diggs, but I think Brown and Diggs will both see more targets than some expect this year. Allen averaged more than two passes more per game in his second season and I see that trend continuing. He needs to play smarter, but hopefully that also will come and the addition of Diggs helps Brown to get open even easier and also catch some deep throws.
  4. C. Kirk was a tough call at 11.4 and WR40. With the addition of Hopkins, targets should be reduced but I do like Kirk's abilities and possibly the target loss falls  more to Fitzgerald who has been one of my favorite wide receivers to watch for a long, long time.
  5. I was not thrilled with R. Anderson going to the Panthers. He likely was not a value pick at 13.4 and WR45.
  6. Randall Cobb had a resurgence with the Cowboys and might wind up the most targeted Texan. Getting him at 20.9 and WR69 was awesome. Cobb finished at WR42 last season.

1. Jack Doyle produced at the same rate as Ebron a year ago and could become a favored target of new Colt QB, Philip Rivers. He has potential at least.
  2. I drafted Irv Smith in the WSL and was hoping to get him in the following round after taking K. Rudolph at 18.9, but he did not fall. I expect Minnesota to run a lot of two TE sets and both those guys see spikes in production with the loss of Diggs.
  3. D. Fells seemed like a value pick at 21.4and TE31 after finishing at TE18 last year. Perhaps lots of additional TE targets after the loss of D. Hopkins.
  4. I have never been a fan of David Njoku, but the former first round pick might be in line for a come-back season after missing most of 2019. Yes, the Browns overpaid Hooper and he likely will be the starter, but again the possibility of many two TE sets could give Njoku a chance and drafted in the 25th round at TE37 seemed a reasonable price. I considered a few WRs still not selected.
PKs - drafted three

D. Bailey at 16.9, J. Lambo at 17.4 and Boswell at 19.4 were drafted as PK10, PK13 and PK18. They finished at PK8, PK5 and PK9 a year ago and all have somewhat palatable contracts. I went with three due to the volatility of PK scoring and also the fact that so many changes have been made by teams over the last few years.

DST - took two

I think that the Chargers can be a top defense and so I took them when I had the chance. For some reason Jacksonville's DST continuous disappoints even with seemingly stocked rosters. Well they dropped or traded a lot of those guys, so maybe they will have the addition by subtraction to improve. Who knows, I would have taken three but did not get the chance.

I really enjoyed the smaller number of teams and different scoring system and would definitely be up for another one after taking maybe a week off. Otherwise the sports discussion is slim to none and I enjoy socially distancing drafting with y'all!
A few comments...

QB : Tua Tagavailoa - May have been a value pick, but if he's sniffing viability for you, you're already toast.  I like the Goff pick and Mahommes gives you a leg up on almost everyone.

RB: "Kamara missed a couple of games last year, but increase his ypc from 4.6 to 47.4" Obviously steal of the draft.  I like the Lindsey pick.  I was close to pulling the trigger several times.  Waited on Breida one round too long, kicking myself for taking a kicker (Slye) instead of Breida.  That was probably my biggest mistake of the draft.  You might even be stronger at RB than QB which is saying a lot.

WR: A lot riding on Beckham here.  If the TDs don't come back, I think you could struggle with a lot of players who are second and third fiddle on their team.

TE: Doyle will treat you well.  I kept eyeing Fells, but just couldn't do it.  Rudolph/Smith would have been nice.

I think you will have a very competitive team Mr. Holloway.

STINKIN REF…..Final

10.10 Tom Brady TBB QB16

25.03 Andy Dalton CIN QB34

Added Dalton in the 25th with last pick.  Didn't want to deal with the Trubisky/Foles dance that is bound to happen. With the last pick I just tried to think of a guy that could score the most weekly points on a given week and actually crack the starting lineup requirements in an impact full way maybe even if its just a couple times. QB seems like a position that could happen.  Dalton should be pulling the trigger for somebody by the time they tee it up in September.  I think Dalton is a better QB than Trubisky overall and will put up better numbers no matter where he ends up then Trubisky will in CHI if he holds off Foles.  Foles could easily be the guy in CHI and nobody would blink.

Only having to start 2 and with the scoring I felt I was ok here and didn't add anything with last four picks. Top 2 should carry the mail just fine.

5.03 DK Metcalf SEA WR20

22.10 Cole Beasley BUF WR78 

24.10 Chris Conley JAC WR89

Added Beasley who I had been eye balling for a while.  I guess people think the Diggs signing is some death sentence for Beasley.  He was WR34 in this format last year and I got him at WR78.  I think people are overestimating the Diggs impact and under estimating how much Allen seemed to like to look for Beasley.  While there may be some drop off this feels like a solid late addition to this group. 

Conley in the next to last round. WR44 in this format last year ahead of a TON of guys taken before him here.  Conley should be locked in as the WR2 in JAC and they should be throwing a ton with Minshew. 

Feel I got some good value with these two additions. 

7.03 Jared Cook NOS TE9

No additions here. 

23.03 Randy Bullock CIN PK25

Plan to take one early and then whatever was left late worked out better than I hoped.  Seeing Bullock still hanging around as PK25 after finishing as PK9 last year was gravy. Didn't realize he had as good of a year as he did last year. 

OVERALL: Felt my last four picks rounded out my team fairly well and I was able maximize usage. Enjoyed the draft.  Will comment more later with some general comments and look at some of the other teams.  Thanks for participating guys it was nice to have a time killer. Looking forward to see how this shakes out.  :banned:
Well done Mr. Ref.  Really like the Metcalf and Hardman picks.  Williams/Williams in the 18th/19th was a huge steal.  Scoring for this league is going to be absolutely outrageous.  

Team Irrelevant is in the books ...

1.09    (9)    Kelce, Travis KCC TE1
Kelce in the late 1st almost can't be a bad strategy in TE-premium formats. Having 2 flex spots to play with means I can still grab value later at the position, which solidified the pick. No other considerations here.

2.04    (16)    Jacobs, Josh LVR RB8
In best-ball drafts I almost always break ties in favor of "we probably haven't seen his best season yet". That left Jacobs and Chubb as options, and I see less competition for touches with the former. Top-3 upside.

3.09    (33)    Golladay, Kenny DET WR12
See above w/r/t Jacobs - with the potential to start up to 5 I knew I needed a WR here and while Moore and Brown were strong possibilities, I like Kenny G's QB much better than Tannehill or the Carolina QB to be named later.

4.04    (40)    Gurley, Todd ATL RB20
I took a shot with this pick that Gurley would get traded / released and find himself in a better situation. Safe to say this gamble paid off as Atlanta was close to a dream landing spot - a high-octane offense with lots of other weapons and a QB who isn't afraid to involve his backs in the pass game. He'll be a low-end RB1 come draft season and if healthy should perform accordingly.

5.09    (57)    Mack, Marlon IND RB26
I try to avoid the RB22-32 range like the plague in these drafts as they're often replacement-level talents who generally get surpassed via the draft or in-season. Mack seems like an outlier - uber-talented but perhaps without the durability to be a true workhorse. That's fine for my RB3 ... if I get 8-10 scoring weeks out of him he'll more than pay this draft cost. Also considered Wilson here but with just 12 teams felt it wouldn't hurt to wait at QB.

6.04    (64)    Chark, D.J. JAC WR25
Another from the bucket of "probably haven't seen his best season yet". Finished WR16 last season despite zero consistency at QB and borderline tankalicious play-calling. If Minshew is more than a flash in the pan Chark could threaten top-12 status this season.

7.09    (81)    Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def3
I think when the smoke clears on this scoring format, the folks who spent a lot of draft capital on DSTs and had them at worst meet expectations will come out on top. Pittsburgh reloads rather than rebuilding on defense and consistently finishes near the top in almost every statistical measure.

8.04    (88)    Hooper, Austin CLE TE10
Mentioned earlier that there was no real rationale behind taking a guy I've never liked at a position I didn't need other than falling value - he belongs alongside Higbee / Henry who went 20+ picks earlier. Probably would have gone Edelman or Lamb here otherwise.

9.09    (105)    Allen, Josh BUF QB9
No way should he be the 9th QB off the board in best-ball, especially after the Diggs trade. He'll pull the occasional disappearing act but the 4-total-TD / 40-point weeks more than compensate. Would have opted for Ryan instead before the trade broke.

10.04    (112)    Brown, Marquise BAL WR41
60% of his fantasy production came in 4 games. Excuse me ... we're still playing best-ball for this league, right? Okay, thanks. Just checking.

11.09    (129)    Lock, Drew DEN QB23
If Hollywood isn't on the board at 112, I double up at QB with Wentz there. Instead, I watch 11 QBs come off the board in between my picks and had to grit my teeth and grab something from what was left. No real reason for Lock over Taylor / Darnold other than that he's likely to be higher-variance and, hey, it's best-ball. 

12.04    (136)    Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def16
See: everything I said about the Steelers, plus with the NFL's answer to Tony Bennett at HC.

13.09    (153)    Henderson, Darrell LAR RB38
After going RB with 3 of my first 5 picks I'd planned on punting it well into the late teens, but Henderson was way too attractive to pass up on the heels of the Gurley trade. I loved him coming out of Memphis, and while he didn't make much noise as a rook I ultimately think he's more talented than both Brown and any Day 2 pick they might score in the draft.

14.04    (160)    Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def19
Pssst: This Bucs defense is actually good. They finished 5th in FO DVOA, and that was with a QB who gave the other team possession in Bucs' territory about twenty times. I'll go way out on a limb and say Tom Brady isn't going to have that problem.

15.09    (177)    Ruggs, Henry FA WR55
So remember when I said on Sunday, "I'll have to grab a couple of veteran possession guys to fall back on week in and week out"? Yeah, not so much. I think Ruggs is an NFL bust waiting to happen and am praying he goes off the board before the Eagles have a chance to make that mistake at 23. Having said that: (a) I'm wrong a lot; and (b) best ball + 4.2 speed = I'll take my chances.

16.04    (184)    Gould, Robbie SFO PK7
The last of the week-in, week-out no-brainers at PK.

17.09    (201)    Miller, Anthony CHI WR61
He was my second choice in the 15th, so imagine my surprise when he was still available two rounds later. Likely to start the season as the Bears' #2 and as a 95% SPARQ home-run threat should be another best-ball friendly asset.

18.04    (208)    McManus, Brandon DEN PK15
Has a safe job. Kicks at altitude. Moving on.

19.09    (225)    Hill, Justice BAL RB52
He'll be on every team of mine at this price. A young talent on a run-first team with the league's best OL whose primary competition is on the wrong side of 30.

20.04    (232)    Haskins, Dwayne WAS QB32
With 25 roster spots to play with, I'd feel really stupid if Allen got hurt Week 3 and I'm trying to compete in a 12-teamer with a solo Drew Lock. Haskins is the last name on the board more likely than not to play double-digit games. Even if they're unspectacular, some points are better than none if it comes to that.

21.09    (249)    Graham, Jimmy CHI TE33
Another guy I'm puzzled fell so far. Trubisky is allergic to downfield throws and Foles is bad at them. Who better to vacuum up the endless series of 5-yard crossing routes? Sure, there's a chance he's cooked, but Ben Watson was a top-5 TE at an older age and I'd take present-day Graham over peak Watson any day.

22.04    (256)    Arcega-Whiteside, JJ PHI WR76
Has the clear #2 on a presumptive top-10 offense ever fallen this far in a fantasy draft? Like, ever? It seems a little premature to kick a 2nd-round draft pick to the curb because of one injury-hampered season at age 22.

23.09    (273)    Snell, Benny PIT RB66
I'm a huge fan of James Conner the man and the story, but never been a huge fan of Conner the RB. He's probably still better than Snell, but for one of the worst-performing RBs in combine history to still rack up 450 yards in spot duty as a rookie tells me there might be more behind the curtain here.

24.04    (280)    Tate, Auden CIN WR86
A poor man's Kenny Golladay, which could be enough when the competition is a 32-year-old Green, a career #2 in Boyd, and human voodoo doll John Ross. 

25.09    (297)    Hurd, Jalen SFO WR94
Because when the 2020 WR draft class is supposed to be the deepest group in a decade, the obvious strategy is to load up on ... the 2019 WR draft class.

QB: Allen, Lock, Haskins
RB: Jacobs, Gurley, Mack, Henderson, Hill, Snell
WR: Golladay, Chark, Hollywood, Ruggs, Miller, Arcega-Whiteside, A. Tate, Hurd
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Graham
PK: Gould, McManus
DST: PIT, SEA, TB

Should be top-3 at TE and DST. RB should be mid-pack at worst, with best-in-league upside if injury luck breaks my way. Obviously QB and WR are the question marks. Purely in raw scoring terms my total team points at both positions will probably be in the bottom third, but best-ball should keep my weekly numbers competitive ... and since this isn't survivor, the inevitable down weeks from the younger names won't kill me. In other words this team looks a lot like my WSL squad, but the changes to format and scoring mean I like this team's prospects quite a bit better than I do that one.

Thanks to Ref for setting this up, herding the cats and not being afraid to blaze some new trails with the rules. Looking forward to a fun season.  :football:

I discovered that David Dodds has already completed a first run at 2020 projections. I have assembled an excel file to compare, but first I wanted to share the total points garnered from those projections. I admit to doing the conversions for the various ppr scorings in my head and did not alter his projections for PK or DST to this scoring system:

1. @by_the_sea_wannabe 3985
  2. @-OZ- 3892 (not a fan of non-letters at the beginning)
  3. @Stinkin Ref 3839
  4. @Crippler 3827
  5. @Mr. Irrelevant 3799
  6. @Stephen Holloway 3747
  7. @OldMilwaukee 3640
  8. @Duckboy 3580
  9. @ShadowMaster 3562
  10. @BassNBrew 3525
  11. @bro1ncos 3356
  12. @drunken slob 3335
I will update later with some positional emphasis

Team Irrelevant is in the books ...

1.09    (9)    Kelce, Travis KCC TE1
Kelce in the late 1st almost can't be a bad strategy in TE-premium formats. Having 2 flex spots to play with means I can still grab value later at the position, which solidified the pick. No other considerations here.

2.04    (16)    Jacobs, Josh LVR RB8
In best-ball drafts I almost always break ties in favor of "we probably haven't seen his best season yet". That left Jacobs and Chubb as options, and I see less competition for touches with the former. Top-3 upside.

3.09    (33)    Golladay, Kenny DET WR12
See above w/r/t Jacobs - with the potential to start up to 5 I knew I needed a WR here and while Moore and Brown were strong possibilities, I like Kenny G's QB much better than Tannehill or the Carolina QB to be named later.

4.04    (40)    Gurley, Todd ATL RB20
I took a shot with this pick that Gurley would get traded / released and find himself in a better situation. Safe to say this gamble paid off as Atlanta was close to a dream landing spot - a high-octane offense with lots of other weapons and a QB who isn't afraid to involve his backs in the pass game. He'll be a low-end RB1 come draft season and if healthy should perform accordingly.

5.09    (57)    Mack, Marlon IND RB26
I try to avoid the RB22-32 range like the plague in these drafts as they're often replacement-level talents who generally get surpassed via the draft or in-season. Mack seems like an outlier - uber-talented but perhaps without the durability to be a true workhorse. That's fine for my RB3 ... if I get 8-10 scoring weeks out of him he'll more than pay this draft cost. Also considered Wilson here but with just 12 teams felt it wouldn't hurt to wait at QB.

6.04    (64)    Chark, D.J. JAC WR25
Another from the bucket of "probably haven't seen his best season yet". Finished WR16 last season despite zero consistency at QB and borderline tankalicious play-calling. If Minshew is more than a flash in the pan Chark could threaten top-12 status this season.

7.09    (81)    Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def3
I think when the smoke clears on this scoring format, the folks who spent a lot of draft capital on DSTs and had them at worst meet expectations will come out on top. Pittsburgh reloads rather than rebuilding on defense and consistently finishes near the top in almost every statistical measure.

8.04    (88)    Hooper, Austin CLE TE10
Mentioned earlier that there was no real rationale behind taking a guy I've never liked at a position I didn't need other than falling value - he belongs alongside Higbee / Henry who went 20+ picks earlier. Probably would have gone Edelman or Lamb here otherwise.

9.09    (105)    Allen, Josh BUF QB9
No way should he be the 9th QB off the board in best-ball, especially after the Diggs trade. He'll pull the occasional disappearing act but the 4-total-TD / 40-point weeks more than compensate. Would have opted for Ryan instead before the trade broke.

10.04    (112)    Brown, Marquise BAL WR41
60% of his fantasy production came in 4 games. Excuse me ... we're still playing best-ball for this league, right? Okay, thanks. Just checking.

11.09    (129)    Lock, Drew DEN QB23
If Hollywood isn't on the board at 112, I double up at QB with Wentz there. Instead, I watch 11 QBs come off the board in between my picks and had to grit my teeth and grab something from what was left. No real reason for Lock over Taylor / Darnold other than that he's likely to be higher-variance and, hey, it's best-ball. 

12.04    (136)    Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def16
See: everything I said about the Steelers, plus with the NFL's answer to Tony Bennett at HC.

13.09    (153)    Henderson, Darrell LAR RB38
After going RB with 3 of my first 5 picks I'd planned on punting it well into the late teens, but Henderson was way too attractive to pass up on the heels of the Gurley trade. I loved him coming out of Memphis, and while he didn't make much noise as a rook I ultimately think he's more talented than both Brown and any Day 2 pick they might score in the draft.

14.04    (160)    Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def19
Pssst: This Bucs defense is actually good. They finished 5th in FO DVOA, and that was with a QB who gave the other team possession in Bucs' territory about twenty times. I'll go way out on a limb and say Tom Brady isn't going to have that problem.

15.09    (177)    Ruggs, Henry FA WR55
So remember when I said on Sunday, "I'll have to grab a couple of veteran possession guys to fall back on week in and week out"? Yeah, not so much. I think Ruggs is an NFL bust waiting to happen and am praying he goes off the board before the Eagles have a chance to make that mistake at 23. Having said that: (a) I'm wrong a lot; and (b) best ball + 4.2 speed = I'll take my chances.

16.04    (184)    Gould, Robbie SFO PK7
The last of the week-in, week-out no-brainers at PK.

17.09    (201)    Miller, Anthony CHI WR61
He was my second choice in the 15th, so imagine my surprise when he was still available two rounds later. Likely to start the season as the Bears' #2 and as a 95% SPARQ home-run threat should be another best-ball friendly asset.

18.04    (208)    McManus, Brandon DEN PK15
Has a safe job. Kicks at altitude. Moving on.

19.09    (225)    Hill, Justice BAL RB52
He'll be on every team of mine at this price. A young talent on a run-first team with the league's best OL whose primary competition is on the wrong side of 30.

20.04    (232)    Haskins, Dwayne WAS QB32
With 25 roster spots to play with, I'd feel really stupid if Allen got hurt Week 3 and I'm trying to compete in a 12-teamer with a solo Drew Lock. Haskins is the last name on the board more likely than not to play double-digit games. Even if they're unspectacular, some points are better than none if it comes to that.

21.09    (249)    Graham, Jimmy CHI TE33
Another guy I'm puzzled fell so far. Trubisky is allergic to downfield throws and Foles is bad at them. Who better to vacuum up the endless series of 5-yard crossing routes? Sure, there's a chance he's cooked, but Ben Watson was a top-5 TE at an older age and I'd take present-day Graham over peak Watson any day.

22.04    (256)    Arcega-Whiteside, JJ PHI WR76
Has the clear #2 on a presumptive top-10 offense ever fallen this far in a fantasy draft? Like, ever? It seems a little premature to kick a 2nd-round draft pick to the curb because of one injury-hampered season at age 22.

23.09    (273)    Snell, Benny PIT RB66
I'm a huge fan of James Conner the man and the story, but never been a huge fan of Conner the RB. He's probably still better than Snell, but for one of the worst-performing RBs in combine history to still rack up 450 yards in spot duty as a rookie tells me there might be more behind the curtain here.

24.04    (280)    Tate, Auden CIN WR86
A poor man's Kenny Golladay, which could be enough when the competition is a 32-year-old Green, a career #2 in Boyd, and human voodoo doll John Ross. 

25.09    (297)    Hurd, Jalen SFO WR94
Because when the 2020 WR draft class is supposed to be the deepest group in a decade, the obvious strategy is to load up on ... the 2019 WR draft class.

QB: Allen, Lock, Haskins
RB: Jacobs, Gurley, Mack, Henderson, Hill, Snell
WR: Golladay, Chark, Hollywood, Ruggs, Miller, Arcega-Whiteside, A. Tate, Hurd
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Graham
PK: Gould, McManus
DST: PIT, SEA, TB

Should be top-3 at TE and DST. RB should be mid-pack at worst, with best-in-league upside if injury luck breaks my way. Obviously QB and WR are the question marks. Purely in raw scoring terms my total team points at both positions will probably be in the bottom third, but best-ball should keep my weekly numbers competitive ... and since this isn't survivor, the inevitable down weeks from the younger names won't kill me. In other words this team looks a lot like my WSL squad, but the changes to format and scoring mean I like this team's prospects quite a bit better than I do that one.

Thanks to Ref for setting this up, herding the cats and not being afraid to blaze some new trails with the rules. Looking forward to a fun season.  :football:
Kinda weird cause I thought you killed it for almost exactly the first half of the draft and that after that it fizzled a bit for me......maybe just because I don't really have any of the guys you took in the second half on my radar at all at the moment....I'm warming to Lock a little so think you will be ok there even if Haskins becomes a wasted pick....Gurley's knee probably a swing vote for this team...along with Henderson where if that turns into a break out its huge....I'm having a hard time with the WR's here because I just don't really like any of them after Golloday and Hollywood (love him in best ball).....Chark scares the #### out of me....and your last 4 don't move my needle and you have to start 3.....it is however best ball, so you never know, I could be nit picking....I love the Mack pick, would have liked to added him but not sure Hill or Snell get much work....you mentioned top 3 at TE and DST....I guess that can be figured out somehow, but not sure the DST angle will be as huge to the overall standings as people think....I guess you should hope so as you had heavy investment there with 3 of your top 14 picks...only 2 DST can start, so the ROI there for you needs to maybe have the additional one definitely starting most weeks over the other positions....we shall see...god luck.... :banned:

Team Holloway

QB - drafted three

RB - drafted six

PKs - drafted three

DST - took two

QB an obvious strength and a advantage on the field here....should finish a combined QB1 IMO....I too am down on Gordon and higher on Lindsay than most, so I think your RB's will be pretty solid....I'm still not sure what to think about KJ and don't love Ingram.... but you should have two solid options here most weeks with an occasional flex from this group...not sure Boyd finishes as WR20 if Green plays all year, and with Burrow, you never know how the rookie will do....I guess I kind of see the arrow pointing down a little for most of your WR's and how things have shaken out.....maybe except for Cobb and Woods...but it's best ball, so you should get three decent scores most weeks.....you may lose a little to the field here each week, so maybe that is evened out by your QB's...I was ok with Anderson to CAR, Teddy all of a sudden has some pretty good weapons in Cmac, DJ, Samuel, and Anderson....when Teddy does feel like going over the top, Anderson can be that guy and best ball gold...like your TE's and feel your flex will come out of here or RB most weeks, maybe PK on occasion....good luck... :banned:

OLD MILWAUKEE from the 12th.

QB  Russel Willson 5.12

QB  DeSean Watson 6.01

solid group that will need to create some separation due to heavy investment

RB Devin Singletary  3.12

RB Darrius Guice   10.01

RB Sony Michel  11.12

RB Latavius Murray  13.12

RB Malcomb Brown  14.01

RB Duke Johnson  20.01

Guice is probably the wild card swing vote here and the top guys will need to stay healthy as it could be a struggle getting consistent scores from your depth as waiting does show up....Sony at that turn is solid and you kind of have the RB4 type all star team in Murray/Brown/Duke....will probably lose a little to the field here..

WR Davante Adams  1.12

WR Tyreek Hill 2.01

WR  AJ Brown 4.12

WR  Preston Williams 15.12

WR  Breshard Perriman  17.12

WR  Hunter Renfrow  18.01

WR  Mohamed Sanu  23.12

Was an interesting first turn....and you can't really argue with your choices and really just a matter of personal preference....I may have rolled Hopkins over Adams personally, but that just me.... 7 seems a little shallow in a start 3 with 25.....liked the Williams pick a lot as well as Renfrow, surprised he lasted that long, he was a target of mine......not a huge fan of the QB situation for a lot of these guys....might need a breakout from one of the last 4-5...another body here instead of TE might have been an option...

TE Dallas Goedert  9.12

TE  Blake Jarwin  12.01

TE  Dawsin Knox  16.01

TE  Gerald Everret  21.12

I kind of like the Jarwin pick....so definitely think one of the later picks could have gone to WR.....Goedert is an interesting watch for me....I'm not sold, but I see the appeal...

DEF  Bills 7.12

DEF  Saints  8.01

Like QB will need to create some separation here with the heavy investment

K   Stephen Hauschka 19.12

K   Dustin Hopkins

overall: some solid pieces but also some gaps....with 4 of your top 8 picks going to QB and DST that is going to happen....obviously one of you QB's won't count each week and banking on both DST's to play when you only have to have one is a gamble....realize the scoring led to some of that decision making but it hurt you elsewhere.....good luck... :banned:

Why only 2?  If there's 2 flex and you can flex DST, why can't your 2 flex both be DST?
there are position limits for all positions.....when it was decided/allowed for PK and DST to be flexed (after Bass suggestion)...the limit was set at two for those and mentioned several times on the first page here and adjusted  in the rules/settings...you even quoted one of my posts where it was mentioned way before it would “be an issue”...

Kinda weird cause I thought you killed it for almost exactly the first half of the draft and that after that it fizzled a bit for me......maybe just because I don't really have any of the guys you took in the second half on my radar at all at the moment....I'm warming to Lock a little so think you will be ok there even if Haskins becomes a wasted pick....Gurley's knee probably a swing vote for this team...along with Henderson where if that turns into a break out its huge....I'm having a hard time with the WR's here because I just don't really like any of them after Golloday and Hollywood (love him in best ball).....Chark scares the #### out of me....and your last 4 don't move my needle and you have to start 3.....it is however best ball, so you never know, I could be nit picking....I love the Mack pick, would have liked to added him but not sure Hill or Snell get much work....you mentioned top 3 at TE and DST....I guess that can be figured out somehow, but not sure the DST angle will be as huge to the overall standings as people think....I guess you should hope so as you had heavy investment there with 3 of your top 14 picks...only 2 DST can start, so the ROI there for you needs to maybe have the additional one definitely starting most weeks over the other positions....we shall see...god luck.... :banned:
Thanks as always for the feedback ... honestly I can't say I disagree with your assessment. Maybe it's just that 12 teams instead of 16 means more opportunities to be sniped, but I found myself always just missing out on names I really wanted in the back half ... which I didn't expect after feeling like I had lots of good choices with my early picks. As mentioned I was sure I'd land Jones or Cousins as my QB2 coming back at 11 which wouldn't have forced me to reach for Haskins ... Marvin Jones, D-Jax, Fitz, Ross, Campbell were all WR names that went a pick or three before I planned to grab them, with @BassNBrew being a repeat offender in that regard ... Also in retrospect PK2's didn't go nearly as quickly as I expected and I'd rather have had Herndon or Irv Smith as my TE3 and Badgley or Slye three rounds later instead of McManus / Graham.

I think with the PPR delta on TEs the TE2 for most teams will play more weeks than their WR4 so I feel like I have a leg up there even if the bottom falls out of my WR corps. But that's just a gut feeling.

As for DST, I don't know I had the right strategy but IMO they will have an outsize influence on the standings ... the issue being that in March we have no idea how 75% of NFL defenses are gonna stack up. The Bears were a "can't miss" DST1 last spring and finished 18th in SL scoring, while the Bucs were a bottom-5 drafted team and finished 5th - there are probably a dozen more examples like this. I didn't do the math per se, but when you have a high-scoring, high-variance position in best-ball, logic says you take an extra shot or two since only upside really matters and we don't know where that upside will come from. Looking back, instead of jumping on the Stillers early, maybe a better strategy was to hold off until rounds 12-15 and grab 3 mid-pack teams in a row. This team looks a lot better with Edelman at WR3, the rest of my WRs moving down one spot on the bench,and SEA / DAL / TB as my DSTs. 

Regardless, gonna be a fun league.  :towelwave:

LEAGUE STANDINGS

FRANCHISEPFAVG PF

Shadowfax789.50197.4

Mr. Irrelevant751.00187.8

Stinkin Ref740.25185.1

Crippler715.75178.9

Stephen Holloway693.25173.3

Duckboy692.50173.1

bro1ncos680.00170.0

OZ676.75169.2

By The Sea Wannabe662.50165.6

BassNBrew661.75165.4

Drunken Slob647.50161.9

Old Milwaukee607.25151.8

Through week 6 ...

LEAGUE STANDINGS
FRANCHISE PF AVG PF
Mr. Irrelevant 1137.75 189.6
Stinkin Ref 1106.75 184.5
Shadowfax 1070.50 178.4
Crippler 1053.25 175.5
BassNBrew 1032.75 172.1
bro1ncos 1025.00 170.8
Duckboy 1004.75 167.5
BTSW 997.25 166.2
Holloway 972.50 162.1
OZ 969.50 161.6
Drunken Slob 894.75 149.1
Old Milwaukee 857.50 142.9

[cough] Josh Allen (QB1) and Tampa Bay (DST1) looking like the two SOD so far ... [cough]

Congrats to @Crippleron winning the league championship......Rogers, Montgomery, Jefferson were solid.....will start a new thread for a 12 teamer for those interested....will dial back the DST scoring a little......returning owners get priority seating

LEAGUE STANDINGS

FRANCHISE    PF    AVG PF

Crippler    3264.75    192.0
Stinkin Ref    3029.00    178.2
BassNBrew    3016.75    177.5
By The Sea Wannabe    2861.00    168.3
Mr. Irrelevant    2854.75    167.9
Old Milwaukee    2822.50    166.0
Duckboy    2816.75    165.7
Shadowfax    2792.25    164.2
OZ    2709.75    159.4
Drunken Slob    2506.25    147.4