What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Remember When Ronda Rousey Had Over Half This Board Believing She Could Beat Up A Male Pro UFC Fighter? (2 Viewers)

discretion is the better part of valor
Indeed.  I was young, fit, large, and cocky, but I could easily see that ego at the wrong time would have got me dismantled.  Back in those days my mouth and ego might write some checks I would have a tough time cashing, but it was very evident to me on that occasion that I was going no further and any attempt to do so would have had me in a very bad way.

Saw the other Watt brother on red zone and thought of when people thought she could beat J.J.  :lmao:
These threads were gifts to suss out the credulous and easily duped by media sensationalism. Rousey could take J.J.! I remember Cliff Clavin took exceptional exception to my laughing at him and that notion. 

Love this bump. 

LOLOLOLOLOL all over again. 

I have to admit to feeling gauche about laughing about it these days, but back then there was so much fervor if you dissented, and of course the Tanners and other smart fan bois on the board got tremendously upset if you tried to use logic and reason on them. 

She was 135 lbs. Guys, let's take a breath and think about this here. 

Man, you guys have some very strong feelings about a 2 year old conversation about someone nobody even talks about anymore. 

Man, you guys have some very strong feelings about a 2 year old conversation about someone nobody even talks about anymore. 
It's older than two years. This thread is two years old. That was about four years ago. 

Yes, I hadn't thought about it until it was bumped. Then I  :lmao:

Spend some time in the PSF. You'll see that our view of human nature and capabilities often inform our politics. Guess which "side" overwhelmingly was adamantly in favor of the belief that Rousey would or should be winning a match against these guys. 

Utopianism unadulterated, pure and simple. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread