What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Report: Packers Contact Ravens (1 Viewer)

if true, it would be interesting to see which, if either, Fassel brings in - Taylor or Lewis
If Fassell was to be hired and he had to bring in a rb, I am sure it would be Taylor, as he is more suited to his offense. I actually wouldn't mind Fassell as head coach.

FAVRE: "Hi coach. Welcome to Green Bay."

FASSEL: "Thanks for laying down for Strahan. Bring your playbook."

if true, it would be interesting to see which, if either, Fassel brings in - Taylor or Lewis
Does anyone think that Lewis' mileage, with two major season ending knee surgeries, and the pounding from a 2000 yard season (which oftentimes a huge rushing season with tons o' carries does) has completely killed him? Does he just have DEAD legs now? He's finished?We have seen some studies here about RB's SHARPLY declining after superlative seasons in which they were overworked.

Sorry. :hijacked:

Cute. But let it die already.Strahan still had a monster 21.5 legit sack season. And really, what's the worst thing Favre did with the giftwrapped sack? He took the record away from a known woman beater! It's probably one of the classier things he's done in his storied career.

Cute. But let it die already.Strahan still had a monster 21.5 legit sack season. And really, what's the worst thing Favre did with the giftwrapped sack? He took the record away from a known woman beater! It's probably one of the classier things he's done in his storied career.
Not that you are biased or anything....Should Favre be locked up for what he did? Of course not. But it went against everything we are taught about the spirit of competition, and that's what sucked.

FAVRE:  "Hi coach.  Welcome to Green Bay."

FASSEL:  "Thanks for laying down for Strahan.  Bring your playbook."
Not that you are biased or anything....Should Favre be locked up for what he did? Of course not. But it went against everything we are taught about the spirit of competition, and that's what sucked.
I'm actually not biased. At the time, I was embarrassed for the Giants and Strahan to be handed something like that. There would have been no shame in finishing the season with an impressive 21.5 sacks.However, having seen some of the nonsense that has occurred in the league over the last four years (Randy Ratios, TO debacles, innane TD celebrations, etc.), there's worse things than a classy HOF helping another classy HOF to pad stats for a meaningless record. The fact that it scratched the name of a scumbag out of the recordbooks was just gravy.

If Fassell was to be hired and he had to bring in a rb, I am sure it would be Taylor, as he is more suited to his offense. I actually wouldn't mind Fassell as head coach.
From a fantasy perspective, that would make me one v-e-r-y happy camper! :taylorowner: :hey: Hmm...I hadn't thought about Fassel in Green Bay. Not a bad hire, but I would think the Packers could do better. Still, if it meant the Vikings not landing Fassel and signing a better head coaching prospect, I'm all for it. :football:

From a fantasy perspective, that would make me one v-e-r-y happy camper! :taylorowner: :hey: Hmm...I hadn't thought about Fassel in Green Bay. Not a bad hire, but I would think the Packers could do better. Still, if it meant the Vikings not landing Fassel and signing a better head coaching prospect, I'm all for it. :football:
Read an article that the Vikings have not shown any interest in Fassell. :shrug:

Read an article that the Vikings have not shown any interest in Fassell. :shrug:
Correct. There have been "rumblings" about Fassel though in Minnesota since Wilf bought the team, given his connections to Fassel and/or the Giants organization (before Fassel moved on to Baltimore). I don't think the Vikings have shown any interest in Fassel as of yet either...but let's just say that I'm hoping it stays that way. Fassel is a decent coach, for sure. He'd be an upgrade over Mike Tice, without a doubt! However, I can think of a few hundred guys who would be an upgrade over Tice, so that isn't the question. The real question here to me though is this:IS FASSEL BETTER THAN SHERMAN?! :unsure: :popcorn:

I always liked Fassell and as a Packer fan would really like this hiring. I am very concerned on what kind of interest top candidites have in the Packers job with Favre maybe retiring. Frankly I think Favre retires and they go into a major retooling. I fear a couple more poor years in Green Bay...

Raider fans talking ethics - :rolleyes:
Assuming the fan is the same as some of the players on the team. :rolleyes:

Raider fans talking ethics - :rolleyes:
Assuming the fan is the same as some of the players on the team. :rolleyes:
Please stop using common sense. That won't fly here, guy.

Users who are viewing this thread