What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Return of the Ford Bronco (1 Viewer)

Wow, there are 9 Trim levels for just the big Bronco.

That is a lot.

Can someone with insight lay out where the sweet spot is there for best value for the dollar?

I'm super interested in the pricing too. The upper end Broncos are getting into the price for a 2023 Corvette. Which seems light years more vehicle. Obviously radically different things. But still.
The Wildtrak trim is the big break between the inline 4 and V6. I'd really regard it as two ranges.

Wow, there are 9 Trim levels for just the big Bronco.

That is a lot.

Can someone with insight lay out where the sweet spot is there for best value for the dollar?

I'm super interested in the pricing too. The upper end Broncos are getting into the price for a 2023 Corvette. Which seems light years more vehicle. Obviously radically different things. But still.
I ordered a Base 2Dr Manual that should be delivered in the next 3 weeks. I wanted the ability to do more customization myself over time, so the only options I got were a roof rack, modular front bumper, and auxiliary switches. Sticker should be around $37K. I ordered in 2021 so with some price protection I think it will be around $32K. Immediately putting KO2 tires on the base steelies, and a couple other small, cosmetic changes.

Most of the trims are going to be based on how serious you want to go off-road with the Bronco. Sasquatch package and different trims offer more options. Around the OuterBanks series you start getting bigger Nav screams and leather options. All the trims have the 2.3 4 cyl option or the V6 2.7L. Manual is only offered with the smaller engine.

I just want to take my kayaks to the lake and take bikes deeper in the woods. My daughter wants to drive around campus with no doors or roof. If my son gets into it, we have the opportunity to do some projects together.

For the 9 different versions, is there a consensus on the sweet spot?

Like most of these, I won't be off roading with it. I just want am considering a fun car that I like driving. Mostly short trips around town.

It’s a small SUV I would buy my teenage daughter as a first car.
Ooooh, burn. I feel so inadequate now.
I was a bit harsh and for that I apologize. Test drive both and decide what’s best for what you want to use it for.
I will say I saw a powder blue one yesterday. Absolutely hideous and what a teenage girl would like.

Mine is a manly light gray.

For the 9 different versions, is there a consensus on the sweet spot?

Like most of these, I won't be off roading with it. I just want am considering a fun car that I like driving. Mostly short trips around town.

What makes a fun car for you to drive? What is your previous favorite vehicle?

Not saying that the Bronco is not a fun car, it is, but is fun off road. There are many people that love wranglers though and never take them off the pavement.

As for your other question the bronco sport is the ford edge, but boxier looking. It would be much better for driving around town though as the suspension will be less harsh.

I have a 2dr MT Black Diamond. Out the door was a discounted, price-protected 39,900. I waited about 26 months and was surprised by a $2800.00 discount when I went to pick it up. I think this was Ford's apology/pity offering.
The Black Diamond is two trim levels above base. Manual 2.3 engine has plenty of pep, especially in "sport" mode. Getting about 22mpg. Regular gas. It has 17" steel wheels ( I love them, but it seems most folks don't.) 32" General Grabbers make the truck look a little beefier than the base. To me, the 2 door has a classic Bronco look, but forget about getting out of the back seat if you are old and brittle like me. Rear storage is pretty tiny. Hard top roof panels are easy off and on. Will probably get a soft top before summer. Highway noise is fairly loud- but seems substantially quieter than a comparable Jeep.

I have a 2dr MT Black Diamond. Out the door was a discounted, price-protected 39,900. I waited about 26 months and was surprised by a $2800.00 discount when I went to pick it up. I think this was Ford's apology/pity offering.
The Black Diamond is two trim levels above base. Manual 2.3 engine has plenty of pep, especially in "sport" mode. Getting about 22mpg. Regular gas. It has 17" steel wheels ( I love them, but it seems most folks don't.) 32" General Grabbers make the truck look a little beefier than the base. To me, the 2 door has a classic Bronco look, but forget about getting out of the back seat if you are old and brittle like me. Rear storage is pretty tiny. Hard top roof panels are easy off and on. Will probably get a soft top before summer. Highway noise is fairly loud- but seems substantially quieter than a comparable Jeep.

Thank you. Exactly the kind if insight I was looking for.
Highway noise is fairly loud- but seems substantially quieter than a comparable Jeep.
was about what I was thinking and that's helpful to know.

For you, do you feel like the Black Diamond is about the right spot on the trim level for the cost/benefit scale?

Thank you. Exactly the kind if insight I was looking for.
Highway noise is fairly loud- but seems substantially quieter than a comparable Jeep.
was about what I was thinking and that's helpful to know.

For you, do you feel like the Black Diamond is about the right spot on the trim level for the cost/benefit scale?
Yes. Black Diamond nailed the sweet spot. I started out with a Base, but upgraded to the Black Diamond primarily to get the marine grade vinyl- lots of beach and fishing excursions as well as wet dogs. Upgraded wheels and a few other minor enhancements were good values, imo.

Saw a Bronco Raptor in the grocery store parking lot. Pretty slick looking but not as distinctively a different look compared to the Raptor F150. I cant see dropping nearly 6 figures on something like that but to each their own

My dad is a master craftsman world class hot rod guy. He's built and restored lots of cars.

I asked him about restoring an old Bronco. He said he could do it for sure and it would be rad. But in the very best case scenario, it would be twice the cost of a new one and still not as reliable. There's just such an advantage with these companies pouring zillions of dollars of engineering into a project and then building and refining at scale.

Users who are viewing this thread