What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Riley (3 Viewers)

GL GB shady to you and your family and that beautiful baby girl. Sending positive thoughts and prayers. 

Spent 5 days in the NICU with a child who came out unable to breathe.  Worst moments of my life.  Stay strong Shady.  All my positive thoughts your way.

I know you might feel pretty helpless right now but stay strong for her and your family.  Trust that she is in good hands with the nurses.  I'll keep your family in my thoughts.  

Oh and #### that doctor.   

Good luck Shady and baby, hopefully your company gives you whatever time you need. 

So sorry to here this shady.  I'll say a prayer for you and the family tonight.  Hang in there bud.

It's just amazing how for almost seven years it was just me, my wife, and my son. Tonight we were getting him ready for school, gonna watch GoT (need the distraction), going through our normal nighttime routines, and yet there is a huge hole in my heart knowing our baby girl is in the hospital right now.

She's been sleeping for three straight days. They say it's a combination of the seizure and the medication. Anyway, my wife changed her diaper yesterday and she opened her eyes briefly and gave us both the stink eye. We talk to her and read her books. I'm taking this week off definitely. I can't even imagine focusing on work right now. We get four weeks parental leave at work so I'm definitely lucky there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sorry.  Praying for full and speedy recovery.  Best to you and family.  

Not only is the little shadyette going to fight through this, she's going to do so in a manner that will earn her a plaque in the 'Kick ### Baby' Hall Of Fame that's worthy of everyone stopping to appreciate. 

Ts&Ps

Sucks for your family to have to endure this, but stay strong!  Years from now you are going to be telling one hall of a triumphant story!!!

Ugh no. Your little girl and your entire family are in my prayers Shady. Stay strong. 

Wow, holy ####. Unbelievably difficult thing to go through, wishing you and your family the best.

It's just amazing how for almost seven years it was just me, my wife, and my son. Tonight we were getting him ready for school, gonna watch GoT (need the distraction), going through our normal nighttime routines, and yet there is a huge hole in my heart knowing our baby girl is in the hospital right now.

She's been sleeping for three straight days. They say it's a combination of the seizure and the medication. Anyway, my wife changed her diaper yesterday and she opened her eyes briefly and gave us both the stink eye. We talk to her and read her books. I'm taking this week off definitely. I can't even imagine focusing on work right now. We get four weeks parental leave at work so I'm definitely lucky there.
God bless your little girl.  My son, who is now 19, was in the ICU for 4 months when he was one for three heart surgeries. On the last surgery they sedated him for seven days so everything could heal.  And then he woke up and has been great since then. Prayers for your daughter and the positive effect she has on us all.

Very sorry to hear.  glad we can be of some comfort/distraction.  Hope she comes through this stronger than ever. 

Wow, that sucks.  Good luck to all of you.  But I know that one day, she will be standing in front of Honus Wagner's plaque, explaining to you for hours why he was so important.

No clue when she's getting out of nicu. I feel bad leaving her but have a six year old I have to take care of too. NICU nurses are amazing and I know she's in good hands. I have parental leave available at work but not sure if I should save it for when she comes home or just take it now to be with her in NICU.
Take it now cause you'll regret not being with her. I would hope work would understand cause this is not a broken arm. This is a bit more serious. For the six year old, any family near by that could be of assistance? Again, you'll regret not being there and your six year old will understand later. 

Users who are viewing this thread