What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Riley (1 Viewer)

The natural instinct is to tell people to stay strong, but I would say don't be afraid to show whatever emotions you're feeling. So sorry you have to go through this  :(

Damn Shady, so sorry man.  Low is better than zero.  Praying for the best possible outcome for you and your family.

Damn. So sorry for you and your family Shady. I will continue to pray for little Riley and all of you guys. Very difficult to even type anything out right now. Just can't imagine....

I feel for you as there is nothing harder than to watch your newborn baby in distress.  It is hard but stay strong for your wife as she needs you as much as ever right now. Best wishes to your baby... and your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
GFD. Unimaginable. Really puts my trivial problems in perspective. Hoping for the best still, more thoughts and prayers your way.

Sorry to hear that Shady. Just know you got a good group of iFolks here for moral support and we are all pulling for her.

No words can express but know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you and your family. We may be a faceless crowd but feel for you and support you.

I'm so sorry Shady. I can't imagine what you and your wife are going through right now. I feel so sad for Justin, too. It's such a hard loss at such a young age. 

I wish there was something I could do you for you. It's not much but my thoughts are with your family.

I know there's a lot of us out here sharing tears for Riley today. Words probably can't console at a time like this, but there are a lot of people with your family in our thoughts and prayers. There will be a lot of sons, daughters, mothers and fathers hugged today with thoughts of Riley in our heads. She's touched the world and made it a better place.

Doctor just spoke to us. She had multiple infarctions on both sides of her brain and her prognosis for survival is low. I'm so numb right now I can't even cry. How do I explain to my son. He was so happy last week holding her. He loves her so much already.
Wow. I don't even have words. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry. 

Tears and powerful stuff... so sad you or anyone has to endure such pain. Be as real as you can.  Love to you and your family, man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doctor just spoke to us. She had multiple infarctions on both sides of her brain and her prognosis for survival is low. I'm so numb right now I can't even cry. How do I explain to my son. He was so happy last week holding her. He loves her so much already.
So sorry Shady....no words can express the thoughts I want to convey adequately, so simply thinking of you and your family is all I can say.

Hang in there man.  One day at a time.  I can't even imagine what you're going through, but I think the fact that a couple hundred people who you've never met IRL have chimed in with T&P should tell you that there's always somebody here for you to talk to or vent day or night.  I know this place has been a great sounding board for me when I've just wanted somebody to talk to. 

Stay strong.

Hang in there man.  One day at a time.  I can't even imagine what you're going through, but I think the fact that a couple hundred people who you've never met IRL have chimed in with T&P should tell you that there's always somebody here for you to talk to or vent day or night.  I know this place has been a great sounding board for me when I've just wanted somebody to talk to. 

Stay strong.
Shady has always been one to share quite a bit about himself, from work, family, etc. Yea, we all don't "know" each other, but in the same vein, we kinda do. 

We have a good community here.

Shady has always been one to share quite a bit about himself, from work, family, etc. Yea, we all don't "know" each other, but in the same vein, we kinda do. 

We have a good community here.
Agree 100% - I think we "know" a lot about each other even if we haven't "met."  This place is unique in that way.

So sorry Shady.  Stay strong.   Still hoping for the best but focus on you and your wife.   Your son will be fine.   I had a younger sister that died in infancy when I was four and while I have some foggy memories, the impact to me was nothing compared to the impact on my parents, especially my mother.

Shady, you have been through a hell of a lot and I admire the way you keep on battling through. I appreciate the way you write about things here, and you and your entire family are in my thoughts. I am hoping for the very best.

Users who are viewing this thread