What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Wikkidpissah (2 Viewers)

Sorry to see I missed this at the time. After seeing Wikkid mentioned in the FBG Memorial, I did some searching and came across this thread. Although I had no direct contact with him, I always loved seeing his posts and would often reread them trying to unpack the wisdom I knew they contained. Clearly a life well lived. RIP.

Sorry to see I missed this at the time. After seeing Wikkid mentioned in the FBG Memorial, I did some searching and came across this thread. Although I had no direct contact with him, I always loved seeing his posts and would often reread them trying to unpack the wisdom I knew they contained. Clearly a life well lived. RIP.

He was a brilliant writer and required multiple readings to "get it". He was special.

He was a brilliant writer and required multiple readings to "get it". He was special.
So true. I recall passing my iPad to my wife a few times for her to read some of Dale’s posts or messages. When I tried to take my iPad back, her response was usually something like, “gimme a minute, I’ve only read it five times”. Think about him often …

Link to doc: Tao Te Wikkid

It's empty for now. I'm going to mull over formatting - organize by date, by threads, original topics, and how to highlight his best material. On second thought, maybe I'll prioritize capturing everything first, and then go back and wrestle with formatting, that way @geewill can add his material, as can anyone else who has anything they want to share.

I went back and read these yesterday. I never fully appreciated what a truly good writer he was until I did. It felt like he was there sharing space with me. Sadly, that's not the case.

I'm re-reading his autobiographical posts in the 5-10-15-20 Music of our Lives Draft we did in 2020. His own long pieces take unexpected and sometimes elliptical turns as always but what strikes me is how generous and on point he is in his replies to the draft picks of others. Of course it was right at start of shutdown and there was nothing else to do but it enriches the thread.

I also read this for hours last night. I didn't finish, but I gave it a go—at least until 3 A.M. our time, and I had started at 1 A.M. or so. I wasn't just reading it for him. I wanted to see how we all were doing during the first stages of the pandemic. It's an interesting read for sure. I'm always embarrassed to read my own contributions, so it felt awkward to digest, but our friend was in fine fettle here. He was dispensing wisdom, castigating, playing, demurring, and generally just enjoying himself and trying to convey his outlook on the world to people.

RIP, wik. You are missed.

Last edited:
Link to doc: Tao Te Wikkid

It's empty for now. I'm going to mull over formatting - organize by date, by threads, original topics, and how to highlight his best material. On second thought, maybe I'll prioritize capturing everything first, and then go back and wrestle with formatting, that way @geewill can add his material, as can anyone else who has anything they want to share.

I went back and read these yesterday. I never fully appreciated what a truly good writer he was until yesterday. It felt like he was there sharing space with me. Sadly, that's not the case.

I'm re-reading his autobiographical posts in the 5-10-15-20 Music of our Lives Draft we did in 2020. His own long pieces take unexpected and sometimes elliptical turns as always but what strikes me is how generous and on point he is in his replies to the draft picks of others. Of course it was right at start of shutdown and there was nothing else to do but it enriches the thread.

I also read this for hours last night. I didn't finish, but I gave it a go—at least until 3 A.M. our time, and I had started at 1 A.M. or so. I wasn't just reading it for him. I wanted to see how we all were doing during the first stages of the pandemic. It's an interesting read for sure. I'm always embarrassed to read my own contributions, so it felt awkward to digest, but our friend was in fine fettle here. He was dispensing wisdom, castigating, playing, demurring, and generally just enjoying himself and trying to convey his outlook on the world to people.

RIP, wik. You are missed.

His first post in that thread:

you need at least one drafter who was 5 in the 50s. in.

:lmao:

Perfect

Users who are viewing this thread