What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed (1 Viewer)

Watching something about Willie Mays on television. wikkid idolized the man. RIP, wikkid.

I didn’t check in on the Fourth nor did we hang our electric flag at home that reminds me of him. Feel like everything drifts a bit further away.

Peace to my fellas and women. Hoping you are all doing well.

@Bogart unfortunately passed away very recently due to cardiac arrest. He was a wonderful human being who went out of his way to be a friend to those he had never met. He leaves behind two children, I think a freshman in college and a high school student, who he never stopped talking about and was immensley proud of. His son worked at an animal shelter and he constantly shared pictures of the dogs he got to walk. His daughter was a star in either gymnastics or cheer, I can't remember but he was always posting photos from her competitions in our group chat.

I bleieve the Mavs beat the Wolves tonight due to his influence from the beyond. The world is a far worse place without him.
Holy crap. No way.

This thread being pinned isn’t the best imo. Never saw this until now. That makes me extremely sad to hear.

@Bogart unfortunately passed away very recently due to cardiac arrest. He was a wonderful human being who went out of his way to be a friend to those he had never met. He leaves behind two children, I think a freshman in college and a high school student, who he never stopped talking about and was immensley proud of. His son worked at an animal shelter and he constantly shared pictures of the dogs he got to walk. His daughter was a star in either gymnastics or cheer, I can't remember but he was always posting photos from her competitions in our group chat.

I bleieve the Mavs beat the Wolves tonight due to his influence from the beyond. The world is a far worse place without him.
Holy crap. No way.

This thread being pinned isn’t the best imo. Never saw this until now. That makes me extremely sad to hear.

We've been discussing finding a replacement owner in Cake for like a month. Have made no traction at all, but that's on brand.

Very sad. Very Very sad. He was such a good dude. Generous and kind like seldom few.

Holy crap. No way.

We've been discussing finding a replacement owner in Cake for like a month. Have made no traction at all, but that's on brand.

Very sad. Very Very sad. He was such a good dude. Generous and kind like seldom few.
I have to admit I checked the standings immediately to see if he was pulling a SoCal and winning lmao.

I’ll miss that dude. Really sad.

Watching something about Willie Mays on television. wikkid idolized the man. RIP, wikkid.

I didn’t check in on the Fourth nor did we hang our electric flag at home that reminds me of him. Feel like everything drifts a bit further away.

I recently chuckled and thought out wikkid. On the same day about a month ago I watch The Wizard of Oz for the first time and randomly listened to a Little Feat album not sure why I had the impulse to do that.

I recently chuckled and thought out wikkid. On the same day about a month ago I watch The Wizard of Oz for the first time and randomly listened to a Little Feat album not sure why I had the impulse to do that.
I had Wikkid on my mind recently too. I’m out in New Mexico a lot because my wife is from there. Several years back, he recommended visiting Chimayo, NM to me. Link to wikkid post

I first visited Chimayo back in 2019, and was just back out there last week. We drove up from Albuquerque to Taos and Las Vegas, NM; stopped in Chimayo on the way back to ABQ. While in Chimayo, stopped again at both the Santuario that he mentioned as well as the restaurant (my father-in-law was actually at the restaurant on the day that it first opened 50+ years ago).

I realize now though that wikkid suggested the green chile, and I opted for the red. Their carne adovada and posole is so good with the Chimayo red, but will have to work the green chiles in next time I’m in Chimayo.

Last edited:
I realize now though that wikkid suggested the green chile, and I opted for the red. Their carne adovada and posole is so good with the Chimayo red, but will have to work the green chiles in next time I’m in Chimayo.

I remember your conversation with him and I think he indeed loved his green chiles. Awesome stuff. I did not catch that your father-in-law was the connection back when, but that’s very cool.

This is also wonderful. I can only imagine about what he thought of either of those things you did. Not you doing them, but what he thought of them as art.

Very cool, KP.

Hey, good to hear from you both. Peace.

I remember your conversation with him and I think he indeed loved his green chiles. Awesome stuff. I did not catch that your father-in-law was the connection back when, but that’s very cool.
I had a burger with green chiles on them when I was on a business trip to El Centro, CA a couple weeks ago. I thought of wikkid and how awesome he thought they were.

They were cut into strips and there were toooooo many of them on the burger... wikkid would have scoffed at me for pulling half of them off. :lol:

I had a burger with green chiles on them when I was on a business trip to El Centro, CA a couple weeks ago. I thought of wikkid and how awesome he thought they were.

They were cut into strips and there were toooooo many of them on the burger... wikkid would have scoffed at me for pulling half of them off. :lol:
That is unusual to do them as strips. Proper style is diced or chopped.

I did have some green chile burgers in some other locations in New Mexico. Huge fan of them — have some green chile in my freezer that frequently bust out to make my own.

I did have some green chile burgers in some other locations in New Mexico. Huge fan of them — have some green chile in my freezer that frequently bust out to make my own.
Really? The times I've had green chile on burgers they were like almost as big as the burger patty!

Really? The times I've had green chile on burgers they were like almost as big as the burger patty!
Yeah, that’s at least the New Mexico way. If you see the pictures in here, this is how the chiles usually look. I think it gives it a smoother taste than a slice would, as spread out with each bite.

I’ve had the green chile burger at most of the locations referenced in the article (Buckhorn, Owl, Blake’s, Range). Blake’s is all over the place in NM.

Yeah, that’s at least the New Mexico way. If you see the pictures in here, this is how the chiles usually look. I think it gives it a smoother taste than a slice would, as spread out with each bite.

I’ve had the green chile burger at most of the locations referenced in the article (Buckhorn, Owl, Blake’s, Range). Blake’s is all over the place in NM.
Yummy. GB wikkid for turning me onto green chiles on burgers.

😢

Great to chat with. Gone way too soon. Will be missed.

RIP 🙏

Thanks for posting

Bogart's death has ****ed me up. One of a few FBGs I've met in person who I've texted with regularly, I felt like I've not just i-known but truly known. We were friends. We talked about stuff. He was genuine. He was honest. I respected him.

He was younger than me and he went in a matter of days. I want to write more but I feel self absorbed.

A great guy. Not only a loving, kind, considerate, person, but tough. Sending a text immediately after being diagnosed with a torn aorta BEFORE he was air lifted to the hospital. GTFO.

The world has lost a good one. Happy I was able to drink a couple hundred beers with him. :(

Users who are viewing this thread