What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
We have the other thread here that's mostly celebrity stuff.

I have zero interest in that. But a ton of interest in our Forum Posters who have passed.

Some suggested a separate thread for them and I think that's a great idea. We'll use this thread for that.

When a poster passes, please let us know here. And as much info on them as you can. Obituaries or stories or whatever you can share.

Thank you and thanks for being part of this community.

Edited:

Thank you @Bottomfeeder Sports for this chart.

Don't think I can be the "appointed person", but I've taken a loving shot at the first pass for such a list. From posts in this thread and an earlier effort from @comfortably numb I gathered the below. I pray I didn't ignore anyone other than being indecisive in including @bueno - I ultimately chose to hope. I tried to find appropriate threads and include them when I could. The earlier thread had maybe a half dozen pruned links that I would have loved to include, but unfortunately, they now go nowhere (including one for an even earlier effort to construct this list). Finally, I have checked and re-checked and re-checked but I'm sure I messed up somewhere, please forgive me when you find that mistake that stings.

kestrelDannyOld YellerSource: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Afro SamuraiEarly 2009Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
shining pathCharlie5/25/2009Source: Charlie "Shining Path" Bosworth, RIP
Dulymus Mudhounds2010Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Saints-ManRalph12/28/2011Source: GM's thread about nothing | Page 1228

FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Sea Bass2/2012Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters | Page 2
enfuego2012?Source: FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed

UPDATE: So I think I may have lung cancer
dprugbyDavidJuly 2013Source: GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing | Page 126
guderian11/2013 ??Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Finless11/8/2014Source: Rehab - About to check myself in | Page 5
gandalasLate 2014Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters | Page 2
The Regulator1/11/2015Source: FBG Memorial for our fallen posters
Tremendous UpsideSean2/2/2015Source: FBG loses its Tremendous Upside: RIP friend | Page 3
SoCalBroncoFanGary2019Source: RIP SoCalBroncoFan
by_the_sea_wannabe9/16/2020Source: FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed | Page 3
Man of Constant SorrowTom1/11/2021Source: Man of Constant Sorrow has passed away
Bcdjr1Bruce3/15/2021Source: bcdjr1 has passed
WikkidpissahDale6/30/2022Source:
RIP Wikkidpissah

***The Official Wikkidpissah Irish Wake Thread***
randall146Olin7/18/2022Source: randall's ALS diary | Page 10
FatMaxSeth1/17/2024Source: ______ Passed Away Today, RIP | Page 141

Obituary for FatMax
buenoSource: FBG Memorial - Honoring Forum Posters Who Have Passed

Last edited:
While we're at it, I'm adding Jack, son of @Keerock , and Chance, son of @bigbottom to this thread. They will always be considered FBGs in my book.
Also shadyrider, right? If I’m remembering correctly?

shayridr had a daughter named Riley who passed away too soon. You are remembering correctly.

Mr Ham lost his kid too

He and I met in person and we cried together.

Still reeling over the FatMax news.

Just reposting this at Joe's request in case new folks wander in:

RIP @FatMax (Seth). One of the originals on the board and an all-around awesome and hilarious guy. Passed away last Wednesday. Way too young.

All we know is that FatMax died from a brief, unexpected illness. He was 48.

And from @krista4:

I still haven't seen an obituary. But per his wife's Facebook post, there will be a celebration of life on Feb. 10th at noon at the Home Arts Building at the Yolo Fairgrounds. (That's in Woodland, California.)

And Saints Man. RIP, Ralph.

And Tremendous Upside. RIP, Sean.

I have Sean's DVD set of The Wire. 😢
I can't read about Sean and not have a big smile break out. Only hung out with him a half-dozen times or so, but that's provided probably five times that many hilarious memories/conversations that can help me break through even my worst moods. Miss that guy.

It is a curious thing to read an obit for a guy you didn’t really know and realize that everything good you suspected about him was true.

Yeah, he once discussed in here or on another message about about having to terminate an employee. It. Ate. Him. Up. He had already built a reputation for being a great person in my estimation but this really solidified it for me. He agonized over it because it was hard. I've never had to fire anybody. I probably never will. He humanized that decision for me in a way I'd never read.

RIP to all the good FBGs mentioned here. I can't help but wonder how many others have passed that we simply may not know about.

There is one I've been trying to remember for the several days since this was posted. His wife came in and let us know. This was probably 10+ years ago. He wasn't super-prolific but a really solid guy, and I know he hasn't been mentioned. I feel awful that I've wracked my brain and haven't been able to come up with it. Oddly, what I remember is that his screen name was two words, and I think one of the words was the same as another poster who was more active, as I have a vague recollection of getting the two mixed up when I first read his wife's post. Memory is a weird thing.

ETA: It just struck me that the first word might have been "Afro"?
ETA2: Afro Nation?

RIP to all the good FBGs mentioned here. I can't help but wonder how many others have passed that we simply may not know about.
I’ve thought the same. Many of us know each other only through here; there may be no way to know what has happened if they don’t post anymore.

There is one I've been trying to remember for the several days since this was posted. His wife came in and let us know. This was probably 10+ years ago. He wasn't super-prolific but a really solid guy, and I know he hasn't been mentioned. I feel awful that I've wracked my brain and haven't been able to come up with it. Oddly, what I remember is that his screen name was two words, and I think one of the words was the same as another poster who was more active, as I have a vague recollection of getting the two mixed up when I first read his wife's post. Memory is a weird thing.

I kinda remember the thread but can’t place it

On another note are you still in contact with Bender? Last time I talked to him his health didn’t sound too good

On another note are you still in contact with Bender? Last time I talked to him his health didn’t sound too good

Whoa, now I'm worried. I was last in touch a few months ago when we talked about Chicago, and I saw posts on Facebook from him recently (like in the past month or so), so I figured all is fine. I just went to Facebook and Instagram and both his accounts are deactivated. I could text him and see what happens. (I realize I could also call, but that seems intrusive - what do you think?)

I think it was Afro Samurai.

I found his profile, it was him. Good dude.

Whoa, now I'm worried. I was last in touch a few months ago when we talked about Chicago, and I saw posts on Facebook from him recently (like in the past month or so), so I figured all is fine. I just went to Facebook and Instagram and both his accounts are deactivated. I could text him and see what happens. (I realize I could also call, but that seems intrusive - what do you think?)
I agree a text seems better unless it was common for y'all to trade calls. Hope he's doing well.

Probably couldn’t hurt, I just looked and I haven’t texted him since 2020

I think that’s Afro Samurai.

Users who are viewing this thread