What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Riverdale (1 Viewer)

kupcho1

Footballguy
Anybody else watching this show?  Was pressed for something downloadable on Netflix for a cross country trip last week and binged it on the flights back/forth.

#1  :bag:  

#2 it wasn't too bad.

I like the nerdist review:  RIVERDALE IS A VERY HORNY TWIN PEAKS :lmao:  

I think season 2 starts soon, but I'll probably wait until the season runs and binge it later

My teenage daughter is into it.  So...
that means my wife is into it.

I watched a couple... yeah. 

I think the teenage twin peaks is apt... but far less interesting or, well- anything. but they hired a bunch of actors from that era (including twin peaks star) to play the parents and to appeal to the older crowd. 

it was bad. not watching more. (and I watch The 100- a similar age-bracketed show).

Haven't seen it, but after reading a bit about it, it sounds terrible. How is it even loosely tied to the comic?

Archie has sex with a teacher as a sophomore? Jughead is homeless? The gang sneaks into a club using fake IDs and pulls the rich kid move of sneering at a bartender when called out?

Sounds terrible.

Haven't seen it, but after reading a bit about it, it sounds terrible. How is it even loosely tied to the comic?

Archie has sex with a teacher as a sophomore? Jughead is homeless? The gang sneaks into a club using fake IDs and pulls the rich kid move of sneering at a bartender when called out?

Sounds terrible.
Now if they incorporated all that into the checklane comics I see when shopping I might start buying the books again.

Do the references to Twin Peaks have any validity?
Murder mystery takes place in a small, somewhat cascsdian town revolving around teens and their parents. At least one of the actresses was in twin peaks. That's about all I got from the two episodes I watched.

ETA.. and there's a small time diner, but no FBI central character. And I guess it's a little dark. And the teens are randy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Murder mystery takes place in a small, somewhat cascsdian town revolving around teens and their parents. At least one of the actresses was in twin peaks. That's about all I got from the two episodes I watched.

ETA.. and there's a small time diner, but no FBI central character. And I guess it's a little dark. And the teens are randy.
So no backwards-talking midgets from extradimensional space?

So no backwards-talking midgets from extradimensional space?
of course those.... goes without saying. but no truly fantastic cherry pie.

eta: well.. literally speaking. otherwise- yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 13 year old daughter talked to me last night about this show and I was just  :confused: . People were skipping at her school so they could get together and watch this.

Wife and I watch Supernatural and were force fed a lot of promo's for Riverdale last year with some of the background:

The Comics were rebooted 2 or 3 years ago to be more modern and teen-angst centered (they actually killed off original Archie in the old comic line before the re-launch!) Not surprising CW jumped on it for their next young adult show since some of their longtime "hits" like Vampire Diaries and Reign were ending. The tv show looks even darker than the "modernized" comics, definitely a CW-esque take on the storyline more akin to the OC, Gossip Girl, etc. although as I understand it there is a murder mystery with Archie at the center of the plot.

Yeah, Jughead is asexual in the comics now.  And they've done like Zombie Archie stories and stuff.  They've become gloriously weird.  Only sampled the show here and there, but at least it's not another "ha, isn't this old media property anachronistic today!" reboot. 

Users who are viewing this thread