What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Road team with best chance to win? (1 Viewer)

Which road team has the best chance to win?

• Carolina (at NY Giants)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jacksonville (at New England)

• Pittsburgh (at Cincinnati)

• Washington (at Tampa Bay)

• NONE (all road teams lose)

• Total voters

Tom Servo

Nittany Beavers
I think the Steelers have the best opportunity to win given it's against a division rival and were able to win in Cincinnati there earlier this year. Couple that with Cincy's relative lack of playoff experience and (perhaps) a certain level of satisfaction with what they've accomplished, and you have the makings of a road team winning against the AFC's #3 seed. (I didn't say "upset" because IIRC, the Steelers are a road favorite this week.)I'm keeping the options open as far as what criteria you use. The poll is worded in terms of final score only, but those of you who use point spreads (for "recreational purposes" only ;) ), please state that when you post. :popcorn:

Despite it being the Giants 10th home game, I picked Carolina. I think Washington and Pittsburgh both have a great shot at winning, but I am more confident in Carolina this weekend.

I think there is a distinct possibility that 3 of the 4 road teams advance this week. I would say that the Steelers have the best shot, followed by the Panthers and then the Redskins. I think the Pats will advance.

I think there is a distinct possibility that 3 of the 4 road teams advance this week. I would say that the Steelers have the best shot, followed by the Panthers and then the Redskins. I think the Pats will advance.
That's exactly how I just filled out one of my office pools... :thumbup:

Despite it being the Giants 10th home game, I picked Carolina. I think Washington and Pittsburgh both have a great shot at winning, but I am more confident in Carolina this weekend.
I actually think Carolina gets blown out. They backed into the playoffs, and NYG is 7-1 at home(with the one loss coming to Minnesota when they gave up 3 defense/special teams TDs). At home, the Giants are one of the best teams in the entire league. Giants win by 14+.

I voted Washington, with Carolina next and Pittsburgh a close 3rd.I agree that 3 "roadies" can win, but I wouldn't expect it.Carolina is the most complete team, but they have one feature back (Foster) who is a little nicked. The Giants are peaking late (at least Tiki is), and they play far better at home than on the road. The game will be close, and it will be a shootout I believe. Pittsburgh. Yes they are playing great. Yes their run game is doing well. Yes they beat Cincy in Cincy this year.I think the Bengals (despite what Tom Brady says) has the most right to claim a lack of respect. They are the home team for a reason. Yes - Cincy dropped a game (Buffalo) that they shouldn't have, but they are more complete on offense than Pittsburgh. If their defense can show up they will win. Also if Rudi gets the ball 20+ times, they should win. Most of all, they should stack the box and throw the house at Big Ben. If he beats you, tip your hat. Don't let the run beat you, and try to make him throw in a hurry and force turnovers - which is how they have won most of their games this season.Back to Washington - They played TB close this year (36-35 on a ?able 2-pt play), and that was without DB Sean Taylor. Portis may have a few bumps and bruises, but I still pick Washington. Brunell needs to play most of the game, and if Sean Taylor matches up on Galloway I think the LBs for the 'skins can stop the Caddy.All this from an Eagles fan....

I actually think Carolina gets blown out. They backed into the playoffs, and NYG is 7-1 at home(with the one loss coming to Minnesota when they gave up 3 defense/special teams TDs). At home, the Giants are one of the best teams in the entire league. Giants win by 14+.
How did they back into the playoffs? They lost week 16 to Dallas over what many called a controversial call. And while Atlanta did tank it in week 17, who is to say Carolina would not have beaten them had Atlanta being playing all-out? Carolina had dominated them in the earlier game. And yes, the Giants are good at home, but Carolina has looked awfully good on the road at times this year. Remember their beatdown of the Bucs in Tampa? But, Carolina is kind of a schizo team, so I could see them showing up and playing well and winning or playing half-assed and taking it on the chins.

Hopefully only Jacksonville to get rid of the Patriots, Steelers and Redskins...

Washington wins because Tampa(imop) is the worst team in the playoffs,I'm not saying they're a bad team,just the worst of all the teams in the playoffs,so I think whoever drew them in the first round wins.The Steelers have a good chance at winning given the matchup,but,if Palmer gets over his first playoff game jitters early on or has success early in the game I think the Bengals will win.Carolina has been pretty solid on the road this year but the Giants have been very solid at home. Coming home after a nice win on the west coast I think the Giants will win.Jacksonville got the toughest draw of the road teams,the weather looks like it'l be good but I think the Pats will present the Jags with to many questions to solve,their experience,home field and just being a better balanced team should give them a solid win.Summary: Washington is the road team that will win for sure,Steelers chances..50-50....Panthers I say 30-70 chance and lastly the Jags at 10-90.Now if you want to throw the point spread in there Washington(+2 1/2) and the Bengals(+3) look REAL good,The Pats(-7 1/2) look solid and Giants(-2 1/2) look o.k. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread