What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rock Action's Newbie IDP Thread (2 Viewers)

What does Vaccaro and Houston and fourth sound like for a second? Guy has nobody averaging over seven points at DB. Vaccaro is averaging twenty.

What does Vaccaro and Houston and fourth sound like for a second? Guy has nobody averaging over seven points at DB. Vaccaro is averaging twenty.
If you can get that, jump on it.  I'd be surprised, though - even 4+Vaccaro for 3 is unlikely.

I tried to dump IDPs last season during a rebuild and got these after a lot of shopping:

New England Patriots gave up Doctson, Josh FA WR

Los Angeles Rams gave up Ogletree, Alec NYG LB
Los Angeles Rams gave up Brown, Zach FA LB; Year 2020 Round 6 Draft Pick from Pittsburgh Steelers

Seattle Seahawks gave up Smith, Telvin FA LB
Los Angeles Rams gave up Sheard, Jabaal IND DE; Marshall, Brandon FA LB; Van Noy, Kyle NEP LB; Year 2020 Round 4 Draft Pick from New York Giants

Seattle Seahawks gave up Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick from Seattle Seahawks
Los Angeles Rams gave up Burkhead, Rex NEP RB; Cobb, Randall DAL WR; McDougald, Bradley SEA S; Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick from New England Patriots

Chicago Bears gave up Guice, Derrius WAS RB
New England Patriots gave up Allen, Jonathan WAS DE; Year 2020 Round 5 Draft Pick from New England Patriots

Los Angeles Rams gave up Addison, Mario CAR DE
Los Angeles Rams gave up Davis, Thomas LAC LB; Reid, Eric CAR S

Seattle Seahawks gave up Year 2020 Round 4 Draft Pick from New York Giants
Los Angeles Rams gave up Quinn, Robert DAL DE; Year 2020 Round 6 Draft Pick from Los Angeles Rams

New York Giants gave up Year 2020 Round 4 Draft Pick from Atlanta Falcons

I'm asking too much then. I sent another one out with Clowney and a fourth for a back-end second. Maybe the devil is in the counter details. Sending out wild trade offers isn't my style, but I'm trying to shop in a rebuild.

Ah, yes. Thanks for the contextualizing. My thinking can get quite obtuse, as the Big Lebowski might say. I have no three or five to speak of, but I get what you're saying. I have two firsts, two seconds, a fourth, and a sixth. Might be nice to throw a fourth in there for a three, though they certainly might value their three more than not. We'll see. 
You seem to have plenty of draft picks.  I would more look to get upside plays on younger guys that are behind someone that will be leaving or showing glimpses of some upper tier play when on the field in their minimal times.  Owners sometimes want to hold on picks and are more willing to give up on project players for someone that can help now.  If you hit on a few of those type deals you are competitive fairly quickly.   This is where the research and watching them play is important.  IDP is not as easy to find the diamond in the rough as you have to work a bit for it.  But it gives you the opportunity to do just that if you do your homework. 

You seem to have plenty of draft picks.  I would more look to get upside plays on younger guys that are behind someone that will be leaving or showing glimpses of some upper tier play when on the field in their minimal times.  Owners sometimes want to hold on picks and are more willing to give up on project players for someone that can help now.  If you hit on a few of those type deals you are competitive fairly quickly.   This is where the research and watching them play is important.  IDP is not as easy to find the diamond in the rough as you have to work a bit for it.  But it gives you the opportunity to do just that if you do your homework. 
Thanks. I don't think I'm totally up to speed, but I subscribe to IDP Guys, check IDP Guru, look constantly at these threads, subscribe to Dynasty League Football, etc. I'm putting a bit of work in. Whether it's enough remains to be seen. I just have no FAAB to make anything work this year for me, otherwise I'd be more than competitive right away, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve auctioned off a 6th before for FAB.  Just a league-wide email saying you’ll sell it to the highest bidder.  It could backfire and stick you with 1 FAB for it, but it might be worth a try.

I’ve auctioned off a 6th before for FAB.  Just a league-wide email saying you’ll sell it to the highest bidder.  It could backfire and stick you with 1 FAB for it, but it might be worth a try.
Or do it Ebay style with a reserve that has to be met then you don't get totally screwed with only one bid. 

I went all in on a player nobody else bid on (it happens) in Zealots on the first waiver run a couple of Saturdays ago.  I traded a 6th for $40 the next day. 

There are always a couple of teams that lose around $200 at the ends of each season because they just don't spend it for whatever reason.  It doesn't hurt to remind them of this.

Enderdog said:
I went all in on a player nobody else bid on (it happens) in Zealots on the first waiver run a couple of Saturdays ago.  I traded a 6th for $40 the next day. 

There are always a couple of teams that lose around $200 at the ends of each season because they just don't spend it for whatever reason.  It doesn't hurt to remind them of this.
This is a good point. These teams are usually around the bottom of the standings each year too, so you can sell them on the Zbucks for a pick to help your rebuild angle.

Definitely sell your upgrades for $ and then keep taking shots on cheap waiver wire guys.  That $1 you spent on Eric Wilson in week 1 would be netting you a lot more now.  Get out in front of this roll early.  I make it a point to keep 2-3 roster spots dedicated to this churn.  Focus on guys that are replacements (like Wilson) - they didn't earn the start in the first place so after this year they're likely to be right back on the bench, but contenders don't care about that, they are too busy being hypnotized by the 13.5 PPG they are getting out of them now.  Eventually you'll hit on a guy young enough to keep, or have enough cash to buy a pick, or something.  If your league doesn't carry cash over to the following year be sure to shop it at the deadline to contenders - "you wanna have a bankroll going into the playoffs".

Thanks, guys. Hadn't checked this in a day and it's cool to see comments and suggestions about the IDP side of things and how to manage from here. The Clowney offers haven't got but a nibble except for a hybrid Gally/Tick/Hank suggestion which was to target young guys not playing yet and offer Clowney for them and FAAB. I might have asked a bit too much, though, on that, and am seeing that in the non-responses and tepid ones.  

Bit of chest thumping, non-IDP, but related: I actually started the auction and bid $1 on James Robinson in the preseason in this league during the window to bid on guys. Needless to say, with Fournette, Armstead, and Ozigbo ahead of him, I won my bid.

Looks really good right now. My overall points for because of Robinson and Raheem and Elliott are seventh in the league even though I started 0-2 and have started two guys on the Defesive Line that I have started yet have earned me skunk points (zero). But the PF is playoff range, so I'm happy, though I don't think we can win it all and getting 20-30 points every week from Robinson and Mostert ain't gonna happen. I expect my PF to plummet. Too bad I bricked and didn't take Jonathan Taylor with the early pick I had. Oh well. You live and learn. A little hubris on my end to think I'm smarter than everybody, but beating market price is the game in this game. Just failed at it. 

Thanks. I don't think I'm totally up to speed, but I subscribe to IDP Guys, check IDP Guru, look constantly at these threads, subscribe to Dynasty League Football, etc. I'm putting a bit of work in. Whether it's enough remains to be seen. I just have no FAAB to make anything work this year for me, otherwise I'd be more than competitive right away, actually.
I think you are checking the right spots. IDP guru and the podcast here is great. Fantasy sharks Gary Davenport is good too. I think a very useful tool is to look at defensive snaps too. It seems to correlate well with tackle production. I try to have guys with highest snap counts. IDP guru everydown linebacker list is great for tackle production. I also love the gems you can get by reading the blurbs from fantasy sharks and IDP guru. For example, it is where I learned Chinn was taking snaps at olb. And Ryan of giants is playing safety yet he is CB elligible as I understand it. 

On my team I have a dilemma where Dante Fowler is questionable and is a game time decision. I am looking at just replacing him or streaming for a while. I’m considering Justin Houston. 

On my team I have a dilemma where Dante Fowler is questionable and is a game time decision. I am looking at just replacing him or streaming for a while. I’m considering Justin Houston. 
I'm starting Houston against the Jets or Clowney vs. Minnesota, but without a ton of confidence in Houston if he lines up opposite Becton. I'm just waiting for Clowney to round into shape. It's not easy to miss camp and come in and be an impact guy. Clowney is averaging seven points in my league, which isn't too bad, so I can't really complain about his performance. Same with Houston, actually.

Drafting Chase Young was a move that has reaped immediate dividends. I'm glad I did. I'm sorry I didn't draft Queen instead of Mims at 2.04 like I had planned. I think I ought to have. I think I listened to general chatter about not going defense too often too early, but I'm not sure that Queen wasn't the best move. Then again, if I'd listened to everyone with my first pick, I'd be a lot happier right now. Perhaps I'll defer from now and let first round be general consensus unless I see something obvious with second round being mine to play with.  All in all, it's been good fun, and lest I sound like I'm whining, all decisions were final and mine. I made those picks.

In keeping with the part of the thread where I ask for advice and give an update, the trades for Clowney either expired or were denied. One is still out there. We'll see if there's a counter or just a rejection or an acceptance, even. It's good value, all things considered, IMHO, but people have different needs at different times, so we'll see.

I had to look back at your draft b/c I thought you must have been wasted taking Mims at 1.4... 2.4 is much more reasonable. lol

I still think that's the right pick over Queen. While I understand and agree with the logic that taking an immediate starting lineup stud like Queen over the upside of a non-blue-chip WR, I still do not follow that logic when I draft. Like Tick (iirc?), I have had too much success with "next man up" LBs over the years. I let others pick LB in round 1 and 2 while I snap up the upside WR/RB. More important than that is your particular situation. When you are not expecting your team to be competitive, the stud LB that will score well right out of the gate is not great for your chances at a high pick the following season. Chances are high that there will be another stud LB (or more) in the next draft that you can draft when you need the starting lineup points to compete. Taking the WR that needs seasoning is better for a rebuilding team b/c they score less early on. Upside without immediate points is good for a rebuilding team.

ETA: Roster size makes a big difference in my draft strategy, though. My leagues are 50+ per team so there's room to add or carry some no-name guys based on an early summer blurb about them potentially taking over the MLB spot. Or to carry Kenny Young and Micah Kiser from May-September. lol

I had to look back at your draft b/c I thought you must have been wasted taking Mims at 1.4... 2.4 is much more reasonable. lol

I still think that's the right pick over Queen. While I understand and agree with the logic that taking an immediate starting lineup stud like Queen over the upside of a non-blue-chip WR, I still do not follow that logic when I draft. Like Tick (iirc?), I have had too much success with "next man up" LBs over the years. I let others pick LB in round 1 and 2 while I snap up the upside WR/RB. More important than that is your particular situation. When you are not expecting your team to be competitive, the stud LB that will score well right out of the gate is not great for your chances at a high pick the following season. Chances are high that there will be another stud LB (or more) in the next draft that you can draft when you need the starting lineup points to compete. Taking the WR that needs seasoning is better for a rebuilding team b/c they score less early on. Upside without immediate points is good for a rebuilding team.

ETA: Roster size makes a big difference in my draft strategy, though. My leagues are 50+ per team so there's room to add or carry some no-name guys based on an early summer blurb about them potentially taking over the MLB spot. Or to carry Kenny Young and Micah Kiser from May-September. lol
Thanks for the thoughtful response. Actually, thanks to everybody upthread for thoughtful responses. But yeah, Mims was 2.4. My bad. I'm thinking that it was such a high pick it might as well have been a first-rounder. Lol.

You're really right about the LB situation and scoring points to place you out of a good draft pick. And you're right they'll be there next year in the draft. I've got two firsts this year and was targeting someone in particular at LB with the pick. Unfortunately, I was expecting the 1.01 again and I didn't think I'd be seventh in scoring even starting some guys that wound up being complete duds for the week (Things like following consensus regarding Ruggs cost me Week Two. Only needed ten points and sat Tre'Quan for him.) The problem with that is, I'm likely out of the running for 1.01 -- I think it goes record, all-play, and then PF -- and I will likely land around the 1.04 with my pick and the 1.07 or 1.08 or so with the other if I try to gauge where I'll wind up. But points scored is tricky for me: I've got three high-scoring (so far) running backs in Elliott, Robinson, and Mostert, and I certainly can't sit them as that's the kind of thing that got the owner before me kicked out. Of course, things have a way of happening whereby all of the sudden things break right or all of the sudden there's an injury and loss of depth. I'm already losing guys. Chark being out -- as well as Ruggs and Mostert -- thinned me out this week with the ridiculous happenstance that my already thin team is still projected to win. But I'm waiting for and dreading more attrition. I'm going to wind up starting Matt Breida if this keeps up.

I don't think I had quite the gauge that our deep rosters would affect the league quite like it does and that the talent is really spread out and somewhat thinner than I thought. We've only got four real contenders for the crown, in my estimation, and the rest are just hanging around. But nothing is a runaway and teams 4-8 could make miracle runs if things break right. Such is FF, though.

I'd shop Mostert.  Maybe see if you can get Barkley-plus for Elliott?
I'm actively doing so. I put him on the block after the first game so that people could see what they're getting. I've been -- while not rejected because I sent out feelers rather than offers -- turned down so far by the two teams I thought he might fit. I'll send out more offers forthcoming. I'll hold on to him for next year if he doesn't garner a late first to a win-now club. I don't see the value in a back-end 2nd round pick for him when he's scoring so many points when healthy, regardless of his twenty-eighth year. He's still got speed to burn.  

As far as Barkley-plus goes, I don't think I'm getting that. I already tried to trade for him pre-injury with Boyd, a first, and Elliott. I thought that was a decent offer. I got no response. That said, he's not that much younger than Elliott and will have missed 1.5 seasons out of 3 already. I'm thinking of sticking with Elliott. Shopping Elliott to a contender only comes if I get a windfall for him. Otherwise, I can't really deal for pennies on the dollar in that instance. Best to hope some savvy managing and rookie development on the defensive side of the ball will get me to a two-year window with him rather than without. I've got the foundation at QB in Mahomes in Newton, will hopefully have it at RB and WR once the next draft comes, lack it at LB and TE, especially. DB and DE are borderline fine/average/better than average.

Here is the RB and WR corps. Start 2 or 3 RBs and 4 or 5 WRs.

RB

Boone, Mike MIN RB (Q) 4.00 7 

Breida, Matt MIA RB 7.00 11 

Dillon, AJ GBP RB (R) 3.10 5 

Edmonds, Chase ARI RB 15.85 8 

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB 45.40 10 

Hyde, Carlos SEA RB 13.00 6 

Mostert, Raheem SFO RB (O) 40.80 11 

Robinson, James JAC RB (R) 56.90 7 

WR

Cephus, Quintez DET WR (R)15.705 

Chark, D.J. JAC WR (O) 23.90 7 

Davis, Corey TEN WR 29.70 7 

Edwards, Bryan LVR WR (R) 8.10 6 

Gandy-Golden, Antonio WAS WR (R) 1.30 8 

Godwin, Chris TBB WR 15.90 13 

Hightower, John PHI WR (R) 0.80 9 

Johnson, Tyler TBB WR (R)‐13 

McLaurin, Terry WAS WR 36.60 8 

Ruggs, Henry LVR WR (R) (O) 11.40 6 

Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR 15.00 6 

Williams, Preston MIA WR 20.40 11 

I have Elliott on a lower-middling team and was really torn on how he related to Barkley now, and in the end couldn't sort it out either.  Surprisingly, after some inquiries, I got offered Barkley for Fournette plus my first, which I jumped on.  It's weird not having a first on a team that's now definitely in a rebuild, but I had to take that deal.  Next year with Barkley and Elliott looks pretty good.  The same guy owns Sutton but wasn't interested in trading him away.

Chase Young did something to his groin today. Did not return and was seen in street clothes on the sideline (I saw this on television). Other than that, unless Kirksey puts up about forty points, I'm winning this week in a walk. I'll update after Monday to talk about overall stats and get thoughts and plans. Justin Houston with a tackle and a sack for a safety and eleven total points, the LBs averaged around eleven points, too, and I finally picked the right defensive backs to go play. So I'm 1-2, should be 2-1, and am simply middling. 

Interesting.  I feel the exact opposite with WR.  Give me the LB studs and I'll take my chances at WR later.  WR are too much of a crapshoot in tier 3.  For every Allen Robinson there are half a dozen Christian Kirk upsiders that never pan out.  I've always said I'd rather pay top dollar for a WR knowing what I'm getting than spending $5 on a dozen unknowns.  This doesn't preclude taking those filler LB's, you can still accumulate them and flip for equity, or trade 2-for-1 for a better one, or my personal favorite is using them as throw-ins on bigger deals.  Nothing better than using Eric Wilson to be the closer in a deal for DK Metcalf.  This year was a bit more difficult because I really liked in particular Higgins, Aiyuk, and Edwards at their ADP's but I'm going LB at equal ADP levels.

My most difficult draft decisions are always when there's a stud LB vs. a 2nd tier RB.  This year was great because after the 5 studs I had a huge gap until the next one (Vaughn at 25) so it was a lot easier for me.

I'm actively doing so. I put him on the block after the first game so that people could see what they're getting. I've been -- while not rejected because I sent out feelers rather than offers -- turned down so far by the two teams I thought he might fit. I'll send out more offers forthcoming. I'll hold on to him for next year if he doesn't garner a late first to a win-now club. I don't see the value in a back-end 2nd round pick for him when he's scoring so many points when healthy, regardless of his twenty-eighth year. He's still got speed to burn.  

As far as Barkley-plus goes, I don't think I'm getting that. I already tried to trade for him pre-injury with Boyd, a first, and Elliott. I thought that was a decent offer. I got no response. That said, he's not that much younger than Elliott and will have missed 1.5 seasons out of 3 already. I'm thinking of sticking with Elliott. Shopping Elliott to a contender only comes if I get a windfall for him. Otherwise, I can't really deal for pennies on the dollar in that instance. Best to hope some savvy managing and rookie development on the defensive side of the ball will get me to a two-year window with him rather than without. I've got the foundation at QB in Mahomes in Newton, will hopefully have it at RB and WR once the next draft comes, lack it at LB and TE, especially. DB and DE are borderline fine/average/better than average.

Here is the RB and WR corps. Start 2 or 3 RBs and 4 or 5 WRs.

RB

Boone, Mike MIN RB (Q) 4.00 7 

Breida, Matt MIA RB 7.00 11 

Dillon, AJ GBP RB (R) 3.10 5 

Edmonds, Chase ARI RB 15.85 8 

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB 45.40 10 

Hyde, Carlos SEA RB 13.00 6 

Mostert, Raheem SFO RB (O) 40.80 11 

Robinson, James JAC RB (R) 56.90 7 

WR

Cephus, Quintez DET WR (R)15.705 

Chark, D.J. JAC WR (O) 23.90 7 

Davis, Corey TEN WR 29.70 7 

Edwards, Bryan LVR WR (R) 8.10 6 

Gandy-Golden, Antonio WAS WR (R) 1.30 8 

Godwin, Chris TBB WR 15.90 13 

Hightower, John PHI WR (R) 0.80 9 

Johnson, Tyler TBB WR (R)‐13 

McLaurin, Terry WAS WR 36.60 8 

Ruggs, Henry LVR WR (R) (O) 11.40 6 

Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR 15.00 6 

Williams, Preston MIA WR 20.40 11 
Am I reading the bolded correctly that you offered Zeke, Boyd and your 2021 1st for Barkley? I could be in the minority here, but I think you are lucky the other owner didn't jump all over that offer.

Am I reading the bolded correctly that you offered Zeke, Boyd and your 2021 1st for Barkley? I could be in the minority here, but I think you are lucky the other owner didn't jump all over that offer.
Yeah, I think so. I think I remember reading in my transaction log that I had offered that. It might have been Elliott, Boyd, and a 1st for Saquon and Diggs or Brown. That sounds more like it, but who knows?

Right now it would look really bad, but I think it was basically Saquon and a first for Elliott. I would have considered the receiver an upgrade, though most calcs had Boyd ahead of Diggs and Brown at the time. 

My receivers are a mash unit right now. Ruggs, Godwin, Edwards, Chark, and who knows who else is injured. Yeah, I suppose you could say I'm glad that trade didn't go through. But Elliott is looking old behind that line....

Was offered Ertz and Devonta Freeman for a first-rounder. I didn't counter. I couldn't see anything that would be the foundation for a counter, so I just rejected the offer. This was late last week. I forgot to mention it because it wasn't much of a thought -- I don't want to burn the first unless I'm really in shape for a run to in it. (Don't worry. I'm not.) That's almost a first for free. If he wanted to do D'Andre Swift and Diontae Johnson (two guys he has) for a first, then we could talk, but he'd never take that, so I didn't even insult him. Just thanked him for the offer, said it was a pleasure and would look forward to anything else he thought of.

On the IDP side of the ball this week I did really well. Very happy with the results outside of Chase Young, and it's being said his groin isn't that serious. I expect a week or two off from him. I'll just start Odenigbo instead, who's averaging nine points the past two weeks, which is a happy circumstance right now. He took a donut his first game and killed me on DL.

Clowney is still on the block, without a great performance to get anyone movin'.

Interesting.  I feel the exact opposite with WR.  Give me the LB studs and I'll take my chances at WR later.
So where were you when I needed you? JK, man. On that note, Edwards looks to be a bit banged-up with his knee, and it looked worse than I'm hearing. We'll know soon, I guess. Queen is apparently overrunning and overreacting to everything and Harbaugh has Fort in a lot over he and Harrison. Queen has taken the field for about 72% or so of the snaps. No bueno for Queen GMs, who thought he'd come in and play every single down, though he's scored decently. 

But I see both sides of that debate. I'm honestly with the side that thinks Boyd, and 1st, and Elliott was too much for Saquon, and it proved so. Sometimes the best trade actions are the ones that aren't accepted by the other side.

Was offered Ertz and Devonta Freeman for a first-rounder. I didn't counter. I couldn't see anything that would be the foundation for a counter, so I just rejected the offer. This was late last week. I forgot to mention it because it wasn't much of a thought -- I don't want to burn the first unless I'm really in shape for a run to in it. (Don't worry. I'm not.) That's almost a first for free. If he wanted to do D'Andre Swift and Diontae Johnson (two guys he has) for a first, then we could talk, but he'd never take that, so I didn't even insult him. Just thanked him for the offer, said it was a pleasure and would look forward to anything else he thought of.

On the IDP side of the ball this week I did really well. Very happy with the results outside of Chase Young, and it's being said his groin isn't that serious. I expect a week or two off from him. I'll just start Odenigbo instead, who's averaging nine points the past two weeks, which is a happy circumstance right now. He took a donut his first game and killed me on DL.

Clowney is still on the block, without a great performance to get anyone movin'.

So where were you when I needed you? JK, man. On that note, Edwards looks to be a bit banged-up with his knee, and it looked worse than I'm hearing. We'll know soon, I guess. Queen is apparently overrunning and overreacting to everything and Harbaugh has Fort in a lot over he and Harrison. Queen has taken the field for about 72% or so of the snaps. No bueno for Queen GMs, who thought he'd come in and play every single down, though he's scored decently. 
Ertz and Freeman for a 1st is a bull#### offer.  

Give Queen plenty of time to figure it out.   Maybe the time is spent on your bench, but nevertheless...

The Future Champs said:

Give Queen plenty of time to figure it out.   Maybe the time is spent on your bench, but nevertheless...
Thanks. It's a terrible offer. It's a "let's see if I can dump some guys on you and get a great pick back" offer. Guy probably thinks I don't know at all what I'm doing. Which I don't necessarily, but I have guideposts, at least.

I would give Queen plenty of time to figure it out, too. I was speaking in that passage as if he were mine, but I had drafted someone else on offense instead. That was my lament yet honest assessment preceding -- that I hadn't taken him. Re-reading it, I can see the confusion. Plus, I type a lot. Not to worry, there will be guys next year rated highly, I'm sure. We draft after the NFL draft, if early, so that helps. 

The Future Champs said:

I want no part of Freeman, but Ertz is still valuable. Or is the thought that Ertz's value is down because Philly will let him walk and roll with Goedert next season?

I wouldn't have taken the trade, but it isn't so awful that I wouldn't counter with Diontae Johnson (who Rock said was on the other owner's roster) and Ertz for the 1st.

Rock also mentioned Swift, but I want no part of Matt P and the Lions RBs.

I want no part of Freeman, but Ertz is still valuable. Or is the thought that Ertz's value is down because Philly will let him walk and roll with Goedert next season?

I wouldn't have taken the trade, but it isn't so awful that I wouldn't counter with Diontae Johnson (who Rock said was on the other owner's roster) and Ertz for the 1st.

No, it isn't that terrible, but it is certainly a dump offer, even if Ertz is worth a good second at this point. I would have countered with Diontae, but he already told me Diontae wasn't really available last time and I didn't want to irritate a future potential partner.

As for Swift, I totally agree about MP and Detroit. And coaching and GM changes scare me more because the back is no longer "their guy." But I would give a first for him and Diontae because that's really at least a first and second value there.

I also need running back and linebackers. The first next year should address that. I think the guy thought that with the points I was scoring I might be naive enough to think I could win now with a TE. Ertz had about sixteen points this weekend, O.J. Howard had eight. So it is significant, but not one I'd do a first for at this point in the build. I'm looking to accumulate dart throws for aging guys, not spend them.   

Diontae instead of Freeman would be a significant upgrade, and yes, Ertz still has some value, and I do think this is his last year in Philly.

With IDP, I find my teams get better if I draft players I want to watch and I think are anchors.  Just took Derrick Brown at the end of the 4th in a 16 team, 11 IDP league - we need to start a DT and all I had was Sheldon Richardson.

DL

Richardson, Sheldon

Edited July 7 by rockaction
After reading Eyes Of The Guru, cuts changed a bit
Shel has really looked great.

Richardson recorded four tackles, a sack and a pass breakup in Sunday's 34-20 win over Washington.

Spin: Richardson now has two sacks through three games, and he sits just one sack shy of last year's total through 16 games. The 29-year-old has also played at least 61 percent of defensive snaps in every game this season. He doesn't pile up tackles, but the recent trend in sacks is encouraging for his IDP prospects.
If he's still available you should pick him back up.

Sheldon has been a beast and I didn't want to drop him but did so anyway. I have no more FAAB dollars left to get him back, so it's a moot point. I think he really benefits from the attention they have to pay Garrett.

Hijack! The Barkley trade I mentioned above and another trade I made there today made me look at my trade history this offseason in that league.

Overall, I gave up:

Brees, Fournette, Lamical Perine, Adrian Peterson, Jared Cook, Herndon, Devin White, 2020 3.03, 4.06, 6.05, 2021 1,2,3,4

I received: Winston, Barkley, Dillon, Guice, Cooks, Hunter Henry, Asiasi, 2020 4.12, 2021 2,4.

That’s a lot of churn.  Some stinkers in there (trading anything for Guice, and it was the day after he was released), but overall I’m happy with the results.

LOL I just counted and I made exactly 100 trade offers since the end of last season.  I guess I have higher volume than efficiency.

I sent out an offer to an owner who had put DeVante Parker on the block. Earlier in the year, he had offered his Goff for my Newton straight up, which I declined. So I sent him a trade offer of Newton, Kenny Vaccaro, and a second round pick in 2021 for Parker and Goff. He responded by saying he was hurting at running back (aren't we all) and asking for Robinson, Mims, and a second for his Parker and Cobb.

That's not even in the ballpark, in my estimation. I responded by telling him that Mostert was negotiable, but Robinson was worth a first, and Elliott more than that. I said that if maybe I got a gauge on how he views Parker I could ferret through (not the words I used) his thought process and that I was interested in hearing it. I got no response, just a cancellation of the trade.

I don't know. What do the rest of you think?

I'm looking to move Robinson and Mostert for a first each now. Chad Parsons convinced me and rather quickly in my gut that a first-rounder in addition to something might be enough to part with Robinson because he's an UDFA, which unless you're Arian Foster, often doesn't work in the NFL. Note I said often. I've got Mostert on the block, but nobody has inquired at all. I don't have "the lay of the league" as it were, and I'm hanging out on the cusp of the playoffs with an entire receiving corps that's out this week. I'm staring 1-4 in the face after facing a good team this week and the first-place team the next week.

What do you all think about trading those guys and how would you recommend I go about it? This is the weakest part of my GM'ing/owning/whatevership. I get crushed in negotiations. All the time.

I have Mostert in a few leagues and I can't even get a response when trying to see if anyone's interested.  Nobody seems to believe in him.  At this point, I've given up and will just start him until something changes.  I'm not great at trading either - I get by on volume, which probably drives my leaguemates nuts.  The place where I have the most success is looking at rankings in various places and making trades within a position when I disagree with the rankings.  I find my guys in the rankings and see if I like anyone more in the 10 spots below, then make trade offers for all I see.  I made these this offseason (gave - received):

• John Brown - JJAW (oops)
  • Mike Williams - Landry (yay)
  • Cooper - Evans (yay)
  • Diggs - Allen Robinson (yay)
  • Diggs - DJ Moore (yay)
  • Deebo - Gallup (oops)
  • Addison - Jonathan Allen (yay)

I have Mostert in a few leagues and I can't even get a response when trying to see if anyone's interested.  Nobody seems to believe in him.  At this point, I've given up and will just start him until something changes.  I'm not great at trading either - I get by on volume, which probably drives my leaguemates nuts
I think I've been involved with more trades than my leaguemates have been entire years.

And I'm still not done. There's a lot of work tot do. I negotiated all night to give Denzel Mims, James Robinson, Corey Davis, and a sixth for Cooper Kupp, DeVante Parker, Jon Bostic and ten blind bidding bucks, but Mims has already played and was ineligible to trade. The owner wants Mims and wanted to do it piecemeal, but that sounds too much like collusion to me so I said no and that all bets were off because of Sunday. Tentative agreements are a bad practice, in my experience. You can either trade or you can't. No wait and sees...

At least that's what I think. We'll see how he responds when he gets the email. I assume not great, as he's been pretty insistent on Robinson and negotiating, but not so insistent on paying up for him. Such is life. 

Great news:

I have three quarterbacks. Drew Lock, Cam Newton, Partick Mahomes.

I was going to have to take a zero. Instead I sold my fourth-round pick for fifty bucks and will bidding on Nick Mullens. This COVID is really gonna mess with dynasty rosters both this year and next. I now have two ones, two twos, and a sixth. Total drag. 

I think I've been involved with more trades than my leaguemates have been entire years.

And I'm still not done. There's a lot of work tot do. I negotiated all night to give Denzel Mims, James Robinson, Corey Davis, and a sixth for Cooper Kupp, DeVante Parker, Jon Bostic and ten blind bidding bucks, but Mims has already played and was ineligible to trade. The owner wants Mims and wanted to do it piecemeal, but that sounds too much like collusion to me so I said no and that all bets were off because of Sunday. Tentative agreements are a bad practice, in my experience. You can either trade or you can't. No wait and sees...

At least that's what I think. We'll see how he responds when he gets the email. I assume not great, as he's been pretty insistent on Robinson and negotiating, but not so insistent on paying up for him. Such is life. 
I have never understood why this is in place....especially in dynasty leagues where much of the value is longer term.   You should be able to trade any player at any time....realizing if you trade a guy that has already played (whether in your lineup or not) the transition actually takes place for the next week.  So if he is in your lineup you still get the current week points and if he is not the other guy still can't put him in his lineup.

Not allowing this is wrong to me. 

So...update on the offensive side and Bostic: Guy said he prayed on it over the weekend, and since the trade didn't go through, it was God telling him something. Namely, not to give too much. So, no trade.

But I now have a very inventive decline I can talk about. Still have Robinson, Mims, Davis, and company. 

So...update on the offensive side and Bostic: Guy said he prayed on it over the weekend, and since the trade didn't go through, it was God telling him something. Namely, not to give too much. So, no trade.

But I now have a very inventive decline I can talk about. Still have Robinson, Mims, Davis, and company. 
I pray for my players every weekend. RNGesus abandons me at least 50% of the time. 

I have never understood why this is in place....especially in dynasty leagues where much of the value is longer term.   You should be able to trade any player at any time....realizing if you trade a guy that has already played (whether in your lineup or not) the transition actually takes place for the next week.  So if he is in your lineup you still get the current week points and if he is not the other guy still can't put him in his lineup.

Not allowing this is wrong to me. 
Right up until your opponent starts Dalvin Cook against you on Thursday night, then trades him to another donkey for CEH and he starts CEH against you.  He used his same asset twice in the same week.  Yes, that's some % the fault of the other owner for allowing it but it's also a BS result to have to deal with.  You only get to benefit from a guy once per week.  Same concept if the guy didn't play but he tacks him on - Damien Harris goes for 25 on Thursday so your opponent send Harris and Rodgers for Mahomes.

Right up until your opponent starts Dalvin Cook against you on Thursday night, then trades him to another donkey for CEH and he starts CEH against you.  He used his same asset twice in the same week.  Yes, that's some % the fault of the other owner for allowing it but it's also a BS result to have to deal with.  You only get to benefit from a guy once per week.  Same concept if the guy didn't play but he tacks him on - Damien Harris goes for 25 on Thursday so your opponent send Harris and Rodgers for Mahomes.
That makes sense.  It can be solved by not allowing traded assets to play in the current week if anybody from the transaction has already played instead of not allowing the trade to happen.

That makes sense.  It can be solved by not allowing traded assets to play in the current week if anybody from the transaction has already played instead of not allowing the trade to happen.
But then you get into the 2nd part of my example.  Even if the guy wasn't started he might let the owner squeeze out a trade he wouldn't have had the other guy not seen him play.  If Damien Harris fumbles twice and gets benched that Rodgers/Mahomes trade may not happen.,  Or if it's a guy that's hurt and the other owner just wanted to make sure he was healthy before committing to the trade.  Now owner A gets to use the player's equity from Thursday to affect his lineup on Sunday with the benefit of hindsight.

Or the best one - "I didn't need Harris but once Joe Banana tested positive for COVID I had no bench options, so here's Harris for McKinnon".

Pretty much in agreement with Hankmoody's reasoning but then Mims was on IR, so it really gave nobody any advantage whatsoever.  It's just because Thursday night actually happened. Thursday night games have messed with lots of leagues this way. There seems to be no perfect solution to imperfect knowledge but to wait the weekend out and pretend you didn't see what you saw. IOW, for the COVID year, just know that trading will commence from Wednesday morning and last until Wednesday night.

Okay, I kid, but we're not far off from that with Tuesday games, really. 

Back on to the defensive side of the ball, my team looks like a train wreck without Young and the Tennessee Three (of Vaccaro, Clowney, and Rashaan Evans). I can't afford to have all three out of the lineup if Tuesday brings bad news. (I really can't take a zero anywhere.)

Just a #### show. Another loss this week in the offing for sure.  Starting Mathieu, Eric Murray (from Hou), and Harrison Smith at DB. Starting Ifeadi Odenigbo, Josh Sweat, and Justin Houston at DE. Starting Foyesade Oluokon, McKinney (if healthy enough, he's game-time), and A. Williamson as linebackers.

I have no idea, and it's really the skids right now for this roster. A-hunka hunka burning note: Marcus Davenport is the eighty dollar FAAB bid that has paid pretty much an undefined amount in dividends, which might be good until you consider it undefined because you can't divide anything by zero. That said, there are positives. I know who everyone on my roster is and how to spell their name. I think. 

As far as streaming, I'm really not doing that. Transactions are a buck, and I now have forty FAAB. I'm waiting for an impact player on either offense or defense to become available and then hoping my leaguemates are asleep at the switch so I can throw a weirdly reasonable dollar amount at him in hopes of obtaining his services for this year and beyond.

Rough timing to finally get FAAB back... in the first three weeks, we all loaded up on the surprise guys like Aldon Smith, Hyder, Kiser, Kyzir White, Jewell, Gerry, Eric Wilson, Bynes, Okereke, Okuokun, Joe Thomas, Walker, Hewitt, Jordan Fuller, Chuck Clark, Josh Jones, Marcus Maye, CGJ, etc.

This was a dud of a waiver wire week.

Users who are viewing this thread