What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rosenfels is a Texan (1 Viewer)

nightshift

Footballguy
The Houston Chronicle reports free-agent QB Sage Rosenfels, 28, is a five-year veteran who will replace QB Tony Banks as the backup quarterback in Houston. He signed for $6.4 million over four years with a $2 million signing bonus.
linkWith all the wear n tear on Carr, might be a good QB to stash on your bench.

Which leads to another interesting question.

Since Rosenfels is gone, possibly Ferrotte (sp?) being cut, could that leave Cleo Lemon as the #2 guy to backup either Brees or Culpepper (talks have resumed)?

Could be another stash option, especially since both Brees and Culpepper are not 100% .

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for Sage. For several years, he was barely hanging on in the League, but late last year he showed a lot in relief of Ferrotte/Feeley.

And the Texans Homers still think they are going to draft Vince Young!
Ummm,........no. Texans GM stated Friday on Sirius radio that the Texans will draft Reggie Bush unless the get a "godfather" trade deal.
Please tell me you are smart enough to understand that the GM will continue to say this right up until the ink is on the trade? If he even hints that they aren't going to draft Bush, the value of the trades offered will be much lower. The Texans want everyone in the league to think the tthey are set on drafting Bush so that the demand is high.

Ummm,........no. Texans GM stated Friday on Sirius radio that the Texans will draft Reggie Bush unless the get a "godfather" trade deal.
Please tell me you are smart enough to understand that the GM will continue to say this right up until the ink is on the trade? If he even hints that they aren't going to draft Bush, the value of the trades offered will be much lower. The Texans want everyone in the league to think the tthey are set on drafting Bush so that the demand is high.
Yes, but they could also be telling the truth. DD is good, but Reggie is better. Draft Reggie, trade DD for draft picks could be a very viable option.

Yes, but they could also be telling the truth. DD is good, but Reggie is better. Draft Reggie, trade DD for draft picks could be a very viable option.
Not going to happen. No way they go into the season with Bush as their only back. I know everyone is completely in love with Bush but we still dont know what he can do or if he can even survive being an every down back, which he has yet to do. Maybe next year they trade DD but it wont be this year. By the time that opportunity roles around, everyone that is in the market for a starting rb will all ready have that shored up. What makes you think anyone would give "picks" for DD after no one would give up a SECOND ROUND pick for Edge or Alexander last year? I think you are underestimating DD talent and importance to the Texans and you are overvaluing his value on the open market.

Not going to happen. No way they go into the season with Bush as their only back. I know everyone is completely in love with Bush but we still dont know what he can do or if he can even survive being an every down back, which he has yet to do. Maybe next year they trade DD but it wont be this year. By the time that opportunity roles around, everyone that is in the market for a starting rb will all ready have that shored up. What makes you think anyone would give "picks" for DD after no one would give up a SECOND ROUND pick for Edge or Alexander last year? I think you are underestimating DD talent and importance to the Texans and you are overvaluing his value on the open market.
They would not get more then a 4th or 5th round pick for DD.He has nt proven he can start 16 games in this league .

He is too fragile to count on him as a featured back.

Why couldn't they go into the season with an unproven RB with the skill of Bush? You seriously believe that they expect to win the Superbowl this year?It may be possible that DD could command better picks than Edge/Alexander because his contract is very modest. They don't have to give up 15 million guaranteed, like the teams landing these guys did/likely will. In fact, they give up NO guaranteed money, the Texans took care of that for them. And his base salaries are also very modest for a starting RB.

DD has 4 years remaining for about $20M with no guaranteed money. You can bet your ### that he's worth a 2nd round pick.

They would not get more then a 4th or 5th round pick for DD.He has nt proven he can start 16 games in this league .

And Bush has proven what? That he is the biggest hype machine on the planet.......DD had an a bad season this season, so did the entire team. DD probably could have come back last season if the team wasn't in the crapper all ready.

DD will be a Texan this year. No way they let him go for a 4th round pick. That makes no sense at all. He is all ready resigned to a very cap friendly deal, he is going no where.

DD has 4 years remaining for about $20M with no guaranteed money. You can bet your ### that he's worth a 2nd round pick.
Not even, his base salaries are 1.7 in 06, 3.34 in 07, 4.18 in 08, and 4.55 in 09. 13.83 over the next 4, and considering the cap goes up every year that's almost nothing.

And Bush has proven what? That he is the biggest hype machine on the planet.......DD had an a bad season this season, so did the entire team. DD probably could have come back last season if the team wasn't in the crapper all ready.

DD will be a Texan this year. No way they let him go for a 4th round pick. That makes no sense at all. He is all ready resigned to a very cap friendly deal, he is going no where.
I agree with you 100% about Bush , he will be the biggest first round bust since Lawrence Philips .He wont last lomg in the NFL.

Good for Sage. For several years, he was barely hanging on in the League, but late last year he showed a lot in relief of Ferrotte/Feeley.
I've been touting Sage since I'm a biased ISU alum but he's definitely improving. It looks like the Texans will be deep at QB with Carr, Rosenfels and Ragone. I am a bit surprised by the signing since Ragon did so well in NFL Europe though.

I agree with you 100% about Bush , he will be the biggest first round bust since Lawrence Philips .He wont last lomg in the NFL.
Let me guess you have pick 1.2 in your rook draft? :lmao: :popcorn:

I bet you said the same thing about Sanders and Faulk... :hophead:

A team that got him in a trade would have him for somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 years in the $14.5m to $15.5m range based on what the Texans have already paid him.

On that same note, you probably thought Blair Thomas and Kijana Carter were studs.I dont know that he will be a bust, I dont know that he will be a stud. No one does. That is the point. Why put all your eggs in one basket. I don't think it matters anyway, the Texans need to adress their offensive line and tight end position.

I've been touting Sage since I'm a biased ISU alum but he's definitely improving. It looks like the Texans will be deep at QB with Carr, Rosenfels and Ragone. I am a bit surprised by the signing since Ragon did so well in NFL Europe though.
You call this deep...and I'll call it brutal. 13 years NFL experience combined and not once has any of these guys thrown for more than 16 TD's in a year.

On that same note, you probably thought Blair Thomas and Kijana Carter were studs.I dont know that he will be a bust, I dont know that he will be a stud. No one does. That is the point. Why put all your eggs in one basket. I don't think it matters anyway, the Texans need to adress their offensive line and tight end position.
I always thought Emmitt was a great back after watching him at Florida. Blair Thomas came into the NFL after having torn his ACL as a junior, though he had a very good senior year. Still, Emmitt was a Heisman candidate, not Thomas, and had been healthy and effective his entire career before leaving as a junior.Ki-Jana on the other hand was a stud in the making but was never the same after tearing his ACL in his first preseason game.

The only way Bush isn't successful in the NFL is because of injuries and ridiculous to say that he's more likely to get hurt that any other RB.

When Sage was asked what do you think about Texas?

His reply was 'Do they have Bagels there'? :excited:
Can we ban this bigot already?His next meaningful contribution to this forum will be his first.

The Houston Chronicle reports free-agent QB Sage Rosenfels, 28, is a five-year veteran who will replace QB Tony Banks as the backup quarterback in Houston. He signed for $6.4 million over four years with a $2 million signing bonus.
With all the wear n tear on Carr, might be a good QB to stash on your bench.
This is something to keep in mind in case I get into a 90 team league. ;)

With all the wear n tear on Carr, might be a good QB to stash on your bench.
This is something to keep in mind in case I get into a 90 team league. ;)
nah, had him there from '05 in a 30 player/team league. still do. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread