What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roster changes coming? (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Will move to 1-2 after the weekend. Really don't want to make any drastic moves until after Week 4 but frustrated with inconsistency and the loss of David Johnson, of course. Play in a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. My roster is as follows:

QB - Cousins, Rivers, Siemian, Palmer

RB - David Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Theo Riddick (played him at flex today), James White, Derrick Henry (played him today)

WR - Stefon Diggs (sat on my bench today w/Keenum at QB), Michael Thomas, Golden Tate

TE - Hunter Henry (played him today), Jimmy Graham

K - Chris Boswell

DEF - Philadelphia

WR depth is a need and I can probably pick up Rishard Matthews or Sterling Sheperd off waivers this week as a WR4. RB, have an eye on D'Onta Foreman although that's more of a stash play. Guys like Alvin Kamara, Duke Johnson, LeGarrette Blount, and Wendell Smallwood are also available. Not sure I want to make any trades right now although QB is where the most trade value is since it's a 2 QB league. Stick with waivers or make a trade move?

Except for bye weeks you are unlikely to ever use Mathews or Shepherd so I'd leave them alone. I'd target Kamara or Duke Johnson first and then Foreman but who were you thinking of dropping?  I would try trading one of your QB's and package them with one of your TE's for a good TE and a WR combo.

I think trying to trade one of your 4 QBs and another TE for an upgrade at TE spot is a good idea if you could swing it. Maybe have them toss in an acceptable RB as well. For me I would avoid picking up WR since you are strong there unless you really want one then I would advise Rishard over Sterling. For RBs I prefer D'Onta Foreman then Duke and then Alvin Kamara.

I think trying to trade one of your 4 QBs and another TE for an upgrade at TE spot is a good idea if you could swing it. Maybe have them toss in an acceptable RB as well. For me I would avoid picking up WR since you are strong there unless you really want one then I would advise Rishard over Sterling. For RBs I prefer D'Onta Foreman then Duke and then Alvin Kamara.
Which quarterback would you sell? At season's beginning, drafting Cousins, Palmer, and Rivers looked pretty good and Siemian is a top 10 scoring QB after 3 weeks. Rivers and Siemian were sloppy yesterday, Palmer is fighting the false narrative that he's done, and Cousins goes after a crappy first two weeks. I don't think guys in my league are sold on Siemian just yet so may be tougher to move him.

I agree with guys above. I would try to trade one of your QB for a variety of reasons. First, they have high value in your league. Second, you have 4 of them. 3rd you have a bigger need than QB. I think your main needs are TE and could benefit from RB/WR. I would lean more to WR because you really need one more decent one, and I think by the end of the season you'll be stacked at RB and so getting one now will help temporarily, not permanently. David Johnson will be back, you have Ajayi, Riddick/White are solid flex or bye week fill ins, and I think that by the end of the year or 2nd half of the year Henry will be a stud. I think it's inevitable that he takes Murray's job or Murray gets hurt. If Henry is the #1 guy in Tenn. Then he is probably a top 5 rb, and top 10 worst case. Your wr are good, but having another will help immensely for bye weeks, injuries, and matchup. He has had a slow start, but I think Graham will pick things up. His slow start was more because the whole offense was bad and not having a running game makes the passing game much harder. Now they have Carson at RB (which if he's available get him off waivers) and after Seattle goes through it's tradition of being terrible at the start of the season all of a sudden they'll blow up and everyone will be producing. Off the waiver I like Duke, especially if you can play him at WR or RB. He will keep getting more looks. I actually like Blount and Smallwood a little only because Sproles is done. The problem there is that you never know who will be the guy to put up numbers in a 3 person committee and they want to be a passing offense. To me your best bet is by far to trade, and you may not like this, and others in here might not like it, but the first person I would try to trade is Siemian. His value has sky rocketed so you can get a lot for him and I don't think he continues with the numbers we've seen. Plus they want to run the ball, control the game, and pet their defense shut down the other team. Maybe package him with Hunter Henry and try to get an upgrade at TE and a solid 4th WR. I really do think that Duke would be a good pickup for you, and if you can play him at WR/RB (which if you can't that should happen soon- should, but not definite) picking him up is a no brainer. 

Which quarterback would you sell? At season's beginning, drafting Cousins, Palmer, and Rivers looked pretty good and Siemian is a top 10 scoring QB after 3 weeks. Rivers and Siemian were sloppy yesterday, Palmer is fighting the false narrative that he's done, and Cousins goes after a crappy first two weeks. I don't think guys in my league are sold on Siemian just yet so may be tougher to move him.
Selling high on Siemian is probably the best move if you can swing it. After that I'd see if you can find any suckers for Palmer-maybe he can have a good game tonight to increase his value. If you can move either of them I would. Cousins and Rivers could both be increasing their passing attempts with injury issues at RB at both places. You probably aren't going to find anyone dying to get any of your QB's unless they are really short at QB so sweetening the pot with Henry can really help you out.

I offered up Trevor Siemian and Hunter Henry for Kyle Rudolph and Emmanuel Sanders. He has Landry, Pryor, Hilton, Cobb, and Sanders at WR and Rodgers, Wentz, and Flacco at QB. Helps him out during one of his QB bye weeks. We'll see. Felt it was an honest enough trade and Sanders already has 29 targets through 3 weeks this season. 

Users who are viewing this thread