What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: KMurray .. do I even need to acquire him? (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
14 Team Dynasty .. no PPR .. Standard Scoring (start 1 QB / 1RB / 1WR / 1 TE / 2 FLEX / 1 K / 1 D)

My team:
QB - Mahomes, Goff
RB - CMC, Barkley, Henry, RStevenson, Javonte Williams, AJones, Hunt, Kendre Miller, Tank Bigsby
WR - ARSB, Higgins, Dionte Johnson
TE - Kelce, Hock, Kmet, Taysom Hill
K - Tucker
D - Buffalo, Pitt

I was offered the following deal:

Give: AJones and Tank Bigsby
Get: KMurray

I have no real need for another QB other than to stash him for a possible future deal. AJones and Bigsby are far down on my roster, but do I keep them for a future trade or go for Murray?

Thanks.

14 Team Dynasty .. no PPR .. Standard Scoring (start 1 QB / 1RB / 1WR / 1 TE / 2 FLEX / 1 K / 1 D)

My team:
QB - Mahomes, Goff
RB - CMC, Barkley, Henry, RStevenson, Javonte Williams, AJones, Hunt, Kendre Miller, Tank Bigsby
WR - ARSB, Higgins, Dionte Johnson
TE - Kelce, Hock, Kmet, Taysom Hill
K - Tucker
D - Buffalo, Pitt

I was offered the following deal:

Give: AJones and Tank Bigsby
Get: KMurray

I have no real need for another QB other than to stash him for a possible future deal. AJones and Bigsby are far down on my roster, but do I keep them for a future trade or go for Murray?

Thanks.

Nope. Murray sucks

Murray is a top 10 fantasy QB for sure but you dont need to do that in a 1 QB league. If it was SF I would say hell yes. You would be better off consolidating that RB depth and improving your WR room.

Murray is a top 10 fantasy QB for sure but you dont need to do that in a 1 QB league. If it was SF I would say hell yes. You would be better off consolidating that RB depth and improving your WR room.
I am trying to do that and can obtain Tyreek, but the other owner wants at least a 2024 and 2025 1st Round Pick. He is going to be rebuilding.

Id send that personally. Especially if you kept your RB depth, got Tyreek, then flipped some of that depth for another pass catcher. You'd have to be the hands down favorite

I know AJones and Tank don't currently hold a lot of value, but neither does Murray in my opinion. I'd hold onto Jones/Tank for now. They could be way more valuable down the road. Your roster is stacked. Be patient.

No, Murray's value only goes down with Hopkins gone too. Ajones could see even more volume with Arod gone

This is a close call. In a vacuum, I'd probably say Aaron Jones + Bigsby is worth more than Kyler in this format. But your 5 other top RBs make Jones less valuable for you this year, and he's an older RB so probably doesn't have many more years left. So probably the trade helps? Though having 6 good RBs isn't that bad a use of resources, given that you probably want to start 3 (flexing 2 because it's non-ppr) and you don't know which will get injured, which will have a down year, which will have a huge year.

For this year, your biggest weakness is the WR1 spot, where you probably have a mid-range WR1 rather than a top guy.

In the long run, your biggest weakness is that a lot of your roster value is in mid-to-late-career RBs. 2 years from now, this group of players might look a lot worse.

If you could find a way to trade for Jefferson or Chase, that might be the best way to improve your roster. Maybe giving ARSB or Higgins plus one of your 6 top RBs, and maybe a little more depending on which RB.

Another good option would be to try to trade for 1sts, e.g. Aaron Jones for a 1st, which you can use to reload over the coming years as your RBs age out. Or young prospects, e.g. Diontae & change for Zay Flowers.

But if it comes down to just this trade offer, I'd lean towards yes, or maybe negotiating first (e.g. maybe you can get it down to Murray for Jones straight up).

Unless you have a way of flipping Murry already in the hopper to help you elsewhere I would keep Jones/Bigsby and possible look to move them mid year as RB injuries pile up around the league if you can spare them at that time. My guess is this type of move will still be there for you in a few weeks if you wanted to revisit it.

Just as a gauger for how some fantasy owners feel about Murray, I dropped Murray to waivers outright in a 12-Team Dynasty. I drafted him as a rookie, and yes, he had top5 finishes, but it was a cheap rollercoaster ride. Very few thrills and a ton of disappointment.

I hated that he never took responsibility for poor performances and always blames everyone else.

I feel like he should have chose baseball. We both would have been happier.

Users who are viewing this thread